ABSOLUT-ly offensive - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 08:47 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Angry ABSOLUT-ly offensive

Mexico reconquers California? Absolut drinks to that!

The latest advertising campaign in Mexico from Swedish vodka maker Absolut promises to push all the right buttons south of the U.S. border, but it could ruffle a few feathers in El Norte.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lapl...-reconque.html

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 08:53 PM
Married Man on 14Feb2010

In a fairy tail world. Mexico is a shit hole. People leave there to come here. You really think they want more land to have a bigger shit hole, or live in the USA?
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 09:01 PM
Dyno Racing King!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasDevilDog
In a fairy tail world. Mexico is a shit hole. People leave there to come here. You really think they want more land to have a bigger shit hole, or live in the USA?
I think you're missing the point. If that's a real ad, it's offensive to Americans that Absolut would even consider promoting that concept through print media. I find it totally despicable and if I drank Absolut, I'd pour whatever I had down the toilet and never give them another cent.

Juiceweezl
Dallas, TX
2000 Black GT
2V with a fuel pump and some other goodies
Touched by the hand of a tuning god -- Mr. Wilson

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 09:14 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiceweezl
I think you're missing the point. If that's a real ad, it's offensive to Americans that Absolut would even consider promoting that concept through print media. I find it totally despicable and if I drank Absolut, I'd pour whatever I had down the toilet and never give them another cent.

Sadly, it is a real ad. If I still drank, I'd never drink the stuff again. Besides, that stuff is swill compared to Stoli or Grey Goose.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 09:18 PM
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiceweezl
Ah geez. I have better things to do than be upset. So, they poked some fun at the USA.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 09:20 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

I'd say that's more than poking fun. That's taking a dump on the men who lost their lives at Goliad and in the Alamo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasDevilDog
Ah geez. I have better things to do than be upset. So, they poked some fun at the USA.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 09:27 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
I'd say that's more than poking fun. That's taking a dump on the men who lost their lives at Goliad and in the Alamo.
I'm the first to get my panties in a wad about Mexican-US relations, but you're looking far too deeply into this.

It's a choice they made as a company, and if it truly is offensive to Americans, their sales will reflect that.

edit: and for christ's sake, stop posting things like this and complaining about them. I'm tired of every other thread being an endlessly futile pissing match between you and 01WC.

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 09:30 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

What does 01WC have to do with this?

And most Americans will never see this, as the company has the good sense to not run it in "El Norte."

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHC
I'm the first to get my panties in a wad about Mexican-US relations, but you're looking far too deeply into this.

It's a choice they made as a company, and if it truly is offensive to Americans, their sales will reflect that.

edit: and for christ's sake, stop posting things like this and complaining about them. I'm tired of every other thread being an endlessly futile pissing match between you and 01WC.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 09:35 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
What does 01WC have to do with this?

And most Americans will never see this, as the company has the good sense to not run it in "El Norte."
If they're not running it in "El Norte", then that's just good marketing on their parts. They're playing to their audience; I don't see the issues.

Any educated person would be aware that Mexico can't handle their population as it is; taking back the Southwest wouldn't help, nor would it be possible with how shitty that country is. It's a damned shame too, because it's a beautiful place.

And what does 01WC have to do with this? He's inevitabely going to come into this thread and start bitching and moaning about you and the non-existence of Jesus and your alcoholism.

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 09:42 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

I dont think 01WC is gonna bust my balls in this thread. We're good.

Quote:
If they're not running it in "El Norte", then that's just good marketing on their parts. They're playing to their audience; I don't see the issues.

Any educated person would be aware that Mexico can't handle their population as it is; taking back the Southwest wouldn't help, nor would it be possible with how shitty that country is. It's a damned shame too, because it's a beautiful place.

And what does 01WC have to do with this? He's inevitabely going to come into this thread and start bitching and moaning about you and the non-existence of Jesus and your alcoholism.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 09:44 PM
Lifer

Screw Mexico! The only thing they have going for them is a few decent beaches. I will gladly step up to the plate if they try to take Texas again but they can have that shit hole California and take the movie stars with them . I don't drink that crap anyway, you can see what demographic they are pandering to.

Mopar63

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 09:45 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
I dont think 01WC is gonna bust my balls in this thread. We're good.
Well thank god, because reading that was getting really old.

I see your point on this issue, but this is a business move, not a political statement. You also have to keep in mind that Absolut is a Swedish company, and foreigners don't have what one would call a positive opinion of the US right now.

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 09:46 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopar63
Screw Mexico, the only thing they have going for them is a few decent beaches. I will gladly step up to the plate if they try to take Texas again (I think we are out numbered), they can have that shit hole California and take the movie stars with them. I don't drink that crap anyway, you can see what demographic they are pandering to.
LOL! I don't think you have to worry about them taking anything back by force. By implementation of millions of agents known as illegal immigrants? Perhaps. But the notion Mexico using their busted-ass, crooked military to accomplish anything is hilarious.

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 09:50 PM
Lifer

Quote:
LOL! I don't think you have to worry about them taking anything back by force. By implementation of millions of agents known as illegal immigrants? Perhaps. But the notion Mexico using their busted-ass, crooked military to accomplish anything is hilarious.
I know just talking shit on a Friday night. Hell the way our "Leadership" is running this country in the ground would they want it back in say 20 years?

Mopar63

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 09:52 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopar63
I know just talking shit on a Friday night. Hell the way our "Leadership" is running this country in the ground would they want it back in say 20 years?
Ha, agreed. I'm much more afraid of the people running this country right now than I am of the Mexican populous.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement