Is water wet? - DFWstangs Forums
View Poll Results: Is water wet?
Water is wet 47 66.20%
Water is not wet 10 14.08%
Ima gonna get banned for this thread 14 19.72%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 183 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 10:25 PM Thread Starter
IA2
 
mikeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 22,413
Is water wet?

Zara disagrees with me that water is wet; it is my "perception" that water may in fact be wet. I just want to see what everyone else thinks. Hell, maybe i'm wrong and water is actually dry

I'll skip the "is the sky blue" poll, and "is the sun hot" poll for brevity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
The sky is in fact not blue, sorry. It only appears as such. What makes my blue your blue? I may see something as red, and you see it as blue. Opinion.

Water only feels wet. If you only had one single molecule of water--2 hydrogen and 1 oxygen atoms. Would it be water? Would it be wet?

Your brain lies to you.

Your reasoning is utter bullshit.
mikeb is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 183 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 10:29 PM
makin' bacon
 
Stevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Longview,TX
Posts: 5,752
Quote:
This message is hidden because Zarathustra is on your ignore list.
FTMFW!

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky


Stevo is offline  
post #3 of 183 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 10:34 PM
Never settle always excel
 
Pro Trash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Dallas Area, Texas
Posts: 5,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb
Zara disagrees with me that water is wet; it is my "perception" that water may in fact be wet. I just want to see what everyone else thinks. Hell, maybe i'm wrong and water is actually dry

I'll skip the "is the sky blue" poll, and "is the sun hot" poll for brevity.
In college we learned that wet is simply a sensation caused by the movement of a fluid over the skin. Most people feel comfortable with the idea water=wetness. Also Zara has to account for the fact perception is reality. He is simply regurgitating what he heard from some College Prof, LOL.
Pro Trash is offline  
 
post #4 of 183 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 10:35 PM
Pushed to the limit
 
PWTRTXSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In the shadow of a big mountain
Posts: 4,510
I say not always because my ice cubes were pretty dry when I pulled them out of the freezer for dinner.

Buying dogs kills.
PWTRTXSS is offline  
post #5 of 183 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 10:39 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.
 
Slowhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howard Johnson's Earthlight Room
Posts: 12,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
He is simply regurgitating what he heard from some College Prof, LOL.
that's exaclty what this sounds like.

i've had the color discussion many times before, but is he honestly trying to get in an argument about it?

Slowhand is offline  
post #6 of 183 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 10:43 PM Thread Starter
IA2
 
mikeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 22,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHC
that's exaclty what this sounds like.

i've had the color discussion many times before, but is he honestly trying to get in an argument about it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
I'd like to see you stick my head under a single molecule of water. Definitely would not be wet.

My point is to reevaluate that which we hold to be true.
Yep. He is arguing theory/ideas and ignoring the real world. Making the concept of "wet" complicated, just like clinton did for "is". Most normal folks understand wet and blowjobs, but zara will argue with ya.
mikeb is offline  
post #7 of 183 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 10:45 PM
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 334
Water is very wet but you can make it wetter.

vetteracer is offline  
post #8 of 183 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 10:46 PM
Sexual Tyrannosaurus
 
Dawkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Surrounded by a bunch of slack-jawed faggots
Posts: 5,335
I choose not to judge the water. The water does not judge itself. If a life free of judgement is good enough for water, it may well be good enough for me.
Dawkins is offline  
post #9 of 183 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 10:55 PM
mannish boy
 
Cooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: drunk on diesel
Posts: 31,758
my life has improved so much since I put Big Studly on my ignore list... might have to add Zara after that one
Cooter is offline  
post #10 of 183 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 10:56 PM
Recovering Lush
 
HookEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Saginaw, TX
Posts: 10,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWTRTXSS
I say not always because my ice cubes were pretty dry when I pulled them out of the freezer for dinner.
ice does not equal water. ice equals water in a frozen form. by your logic, steam = water.......

in any case, neither steam not ice is wet. water however, gives the perception of wetness.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[



Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
HookEm is offline  
post #11 of 183 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 10:58 PM Thread Starter
IA2
 
mikeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 22,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawkins
I choose not to judge the water. The water does not judge itself. If a life free of judgement is good enough for water, it may well be good enough for me.
vote, you asshole!
mikeb is offline  
post #12 of 183 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 11:33 PM
mannish boy
 
Cooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: drunk on diesel
Posts: 31,758
man, if you go outside and get rained on and walk into some public structure and say "I'm all wet!" you're going to get some VERY strange looks... I mean... everyone knows that water isn't wet!
Cooter is offline  
post #13 of 183 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 11:35 PM
T-MINUS
 
Sean88gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 28,540
Zarathustra is the type of dumb, impressionable child that walks through the doors of a college and the liberal professor looking for mindless studies dumps a fresh load of DNA in his hand woven wool underwear. I'm sure his parents are fighting to get their hard earned money refunded as we speak.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams


Sean88gt is offline  
post #14 of 183 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 11:35 PM
T-MINUS
 
Sean88gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 28,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooter
man, if you go outside and get rained on and walk into some public structure and say "I'm all wet!" you're going to get some VERY strange looks... I mean... everyone knows that water isn't wet!
Water is the anti-dry!

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams


Sean88gt is offline  
post #15 of 183 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 11:55 PM
#4 Best QB Ever
 
That_Is_My_El_Camino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Land of the Free
Posts: 29,339
I would like to hear from somebody who doesn't honestly perceive water to be wet, and then I would like to know the exact type and degree of mental retardation they have been diagnosed with.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
That_Is_My_El_Camino is offline  
post #16 of 183 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 11:56 PM
makin' bacon
 
Stevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Longview,TX
Posts: 5,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino
I would like to hear from somebody who doesn't honestly perceive water to be wet, and then I would like to know the exact type and degree of mental retardation they have been diagnosed with.
See the quote in post one.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky


Stevo is offline  
post #17 of 183 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 12:00 AM
mannish boy
 
Cooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: drunk on diesel
Posts: 31,758
lol @ colors not being colors... they have different PHYSICAL characteristics... different temperatures...

that whole "this is all an illusion" thing is cool and all when you're stoned off your fucking ass sitting up on a mountain doing nothing, but how does it benefit you in the real world where you have to work/fight/etc. to survive?

next time you get pulled over for running a red light or driving too fast on a wet road, be sure to tell the cop that there's no such thing as "red" or "wet", therefore he can't give you a ticket
Cooter is offline  
post #18 of 183 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 12:00 AM
#4 Best QB Ever
 
That_Is_My_El_Camino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Land of the Free
Posts: 29,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo
See the quote in post one.

Stevo
I saw where he said he wasn't in tune with the birds and the flowers and the butterflies and nature and all that bullshit to be able to perceive the wetness of a single molecule of water against his skin, but I'm waiting for him to actually say that he perceives water to be dry, or not wet.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
That_Is_My_El_Camino is offline  
post #19 of 183 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 12:03 AM
mannish boy
 
Cooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: drunk on diesel
Posts: 31,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino
I saw where he said he wasn't in tune with the birds and the flowers and the butterflies and nature and all that bullshit to be able to perceive the wetness of a single molecule of water against his skin, but I'm waiting for him to actually say that he perceives water to be dry, or not wet.
there's no such thing as dry either... there is no spoon... I am the walrus
Cooter is offline  
post #20 of 183 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 12:06 AM
#4 Best QB Ever
 
That_Is_My_El_Camino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Land of the Free
Posts: 29,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooter
lol @ colors not being colors... they have different PHYSICAL characteristics... different temperatures...

that whole "this is all an illusion" thing is cool and all when you're stoned off your fucking ass sitting up on a mountain doing nothing, but how does it benefit you in the real world where you have to work/fight/etc. to survive?
My philosophy teacher, cool as fuck and I loved that class, BTW, said that nothing we learned in that class would serve us in the real world or make us rich or happy, but it would show us new ways to look at the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooter
next time you get pulled over for running a red light or driving too fast on a wet road, be sure to tell the cop that there's no such thing as "red" or "wet", therefore he can't give you a ticket
"Littering and...?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooter
there's no such thing as dry either... there is no spoon... I am the walrus
I am the eggplant.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
That_Is_My_El_Camino is offline  
post #21 of 183 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 12:08 AM
mannish boy
 
Cooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: drunk on diesel
Posts: 31,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino
My philosophy teacher, cool as fuck and I loved that class, BTW, said that nothing we learned in that class would serve us in the real world or make us rich or happy, but it would show us new ways to look at the world."Littering and...?"I am the eggplant.
I loved my philosophy classes too...

but man, there's a difference between sitting around with like-minded people and having intelligent discussion and ranting at people telling them that water isn't wet
Cooter is offline  
post #22 of 183 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 12:10 AM
#4 Best QB Ever
 
That_Is_My_El_Camino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Land of the Free
Posts: 29,339
I agree, but then again, I'm just a simpleton with no understanding of the true concept of reality.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
That_Is_My_El_Camino is offline  
post #23 of 183 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 12:15 AM
NOT the Oldest Fart HERE
 
jyro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Midlothian, Tx
Posts: 4,427
I voted to ban you

put this in the back porch
jyro is offline  
post #24 of 183 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 12:25 AM
Pushed to the limit
 
PWTRTXSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In the shadow of a big mountain
Posts: 4,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
ice does not equal water. ice equals water in a frozen form.
So which is it?

Buying dogs kills.
PWTRTXSS is offline  
post #25 of 183 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 12:43 AM
Secular Dogooderist
 
Zarathustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Hive
Posts: 3,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo
FTMFW!

Stevo
You're not special.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
Zarathustra is offline  
post #26 of 183 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 12:46 AM
#4 Best QB Ever
 
That_Is_My_El_Camino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Land of the Free
Posts: 29,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
You're not special.
That's your perception, but is it reality?


Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
That_Is_My_El_Camino is offline  
post #27 of 183 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 12:53 AM
Secular Dogooderist
 
Zarathustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Hive
Posts: 3,031
My arguments hold water.

There are arguably some instances when water is in fact not wet. But, are we really arguing this? I guess if a simpleton must attack me on such a simple means, then the other arguments I've raised didn't suit his fancy. The line here is clearly drawn, but the OP had to draw this one out. Prove to me that water is always wet and you win the argument, if not--you lose. Pretty simple. I just didn't think that the OP had to draw out the fact that he clearly lost the argument and put it into a poll, that in itself is hilarious. The fact that he can't see what I'm talking about is even funnier.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
Zarathustra is offline  
post #28 of 183 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 12:54 AM
Secular Dogooderist
 
Zarathustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Hive
Posts: 3,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino
That's your perception, but is it reality?
It's my reality.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
Zarathustra is offline  
post #29 of 183 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 12:56 AM
Secular Dogooderist
 
Zarathustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Hive
Posts: 3,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt
Zarathustra is the type of dumb, impressionable child that walks through the doors of a college and the liberal professor looking for mindless studies dumps a fresh load of DNA in his hand woven wool underwear. I'm sure his parents are fighting to get their hard earned money refunded as we speak.
Yea because you know exactly who I am....

Get off it.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
Zarathustra is offline  
post #30 of 183 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 12:59 AM
Secular Dogooderist
 
Zarathustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Hive
Posts: 3,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
In college we learned that wet is simply a sensation caused by the movement of a fluid over the skin. Most people feel comfortable with the idea water=wetness. Also Zara has to account for the fact perception is reality. He is simply regurgitating what he heard from some College Prof, LOL.
By your reasoning I'm simply regurgitating what you heard from your college professor. None of my college professors have ever taught me anything about water, save fore Thales' interpretation of "all is water". Applying your college life to mine will only mislead you into assuming things that are not true. But hey, whatever makes you feel better.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
Zarathustra is offline  
post #31 of 183 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 01:35 AM
Lifer
 
Mustangman_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: D/FW
Posts: 8,912
I just asked April (my golden retriever) this very question.

She communicated to me quite eloquently that water is indeed wet. She also said something about how 2 years of swimming in pools and playing ball in the rain gives her confidence enough to address this question for the group.

Carry on....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
Mustangman_2000 is offline  
post #32 of 183 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 07:47 AM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
My arguments hold water.
Wait... wet water or dry water?

Zara is right, though. I just don't know how yet.
Denny is offline  
post #33 of 183 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 07:49 AM
T-MINUS
 
Sean88gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 28,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
My arguments hold water.

There are arguably some instances when water is in fact not wet. But, are we really arguing this? I guess if a simpleton must attack me on such a simple means, then the other arguments I've raised didn't suit his fancy. The line here is clearly drawn, but the OP had to draw this one out. Prove to me that water is always wet and you win the argument, if not--you lose. Pretty simple. I just didn't think that the OP had to draw out the fact that he clearly lost the argument and put it into a poll, that in itself is hilarious. The fact that he can't see what I'm talking about is even funnier.
Oh! How sweet. You're using the solid/gas/liquid argument. This is on par with someone that uses the "It's a free country, I can say what I want" excuse when you tell them to be quiet.

I may not know you, but I know the type.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams


Sean88gt is offline  
post #34 of 183 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 09:11 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,249
Is there any liquid that is not on the wet list?

Mercury, is that wet? If not, what is the difference between water and mercury?

FSON is offline  
post #35 of 183 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 09:14 AM Thread Starter
IA2
 
mikeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 22,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
My arguments hold water.

There are arguably some instances when water is in fact not wet. But, are we really arguing this? I guess if a simpleton must attack me on such a simple means, then the other arguments I've raised didn't suit his fancy. The line here is clearly drawn, but the OP had to draw this one out. Prove to me that water is always wet and you win the argument, if not--you lose. Pretty simple. I just didn't think that the OP had to draw out the fact that he clearly lost the argument and put it into a poll, that in itself is hilarious. The fact that he can't see what I'm talking about is even funnier.
If your arguments are holding water then I believe your arguments are all wet
mikeb is offline  
post #36 of 183 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 09:23 AM
AHMO!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: the original let me google that for ya guy
Posts: 16,810
Hey Zara- 1+1=2

Prove me wrong BITCH.
Nate is offline  
post #37 of 183 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 09:38 AM
Baller
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: drrty south
Posts: 4,003
this is a stupid ass thread. And that is a stupid as reason (the brain lies). Our whole idea of "wet" is based on a sense...so how can that be lieing.

The sky is blue because blue is an adjective, and when you see the sky...it looks blue. There is no noun "blue". How the hell can you tell me the sky is not blue without lieing. Unless by blue you mean red?

The sun is hot because it's a relative means of measurement or comparison. Unless you can withstand the heat of the sun.

This is more a discussion of vocabulary and english than science in my eyes. But then again maybe my eyes are lieing to me.
ruffdaddy is offline  
post #38 of 183 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 09:41 AM
Recovering Lush
 
HookEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Saginaw, TX
Posts: 10,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
Hey Zara- 1+1=2

Prove me wrong BITCH.


"
Quote:
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with his experience

"


Cough.....



color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[



Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
HookEm is offline  
post #39 of 183 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 09:51 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffdaddy
This is more a discussion of vocabulary and english than science in my eyes.
What is the difference between English and Science? And why would you say "in my eyes"
Are you saying you are interpreting or subjectifying.
If you're not using your eyes, whose eyes would you be using?
FSON is offline  
post #40 of 183 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 10:01 AM
Bla Bla Bla
 
DaisyDoesDallas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The Amazon
Posts: 3,382
cum is wet, water is dry.

All I hear is bla bla bla......
DaisyDoesDallas is offline  
post #41 of 183 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 10:10 AM
I'm going Commando
 
RyanB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: 469-323-7873
Posts: 7,526
Water's wet, the sky is blue and women have secrets. Who gives a fuck?
RyanB is offline  
post #42 of 183 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 10:11 AM
#4 Best QB Ever
 
That_Is_My_El_Camino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Land of the Free
Posts: 29,339
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanB
Water's wet, the sky is blue and women have secrets. Who gives a fuck?
LMFAO!


Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
That_Is_My_El_Camino is offline  
post #43 of 183 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 10:17 AM
Aspiring Bean Counter.
 
Slowhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howard Johnson's Earthlight Room
Posts: 12,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
Hey Zara- 1+1=2

Prove me wrong BITCH.
this one is easy. the establishment has been feeding you the line of bull that 1+1 is 2 for your whole life. think for yourself! perhaps it's 3 or 16! just make it your reality and you'll be right!

Slowhand is offline  
post #44 of 183 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 10:18 AM
#4 Best QB Ever
 
That_Is_My_El_Camino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Land of the Free
Posts: 29,339
It's the new math. Make it up as you go, and you're never wrong.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
That_Is_My_El_Camino is offline  
post #45 of 183 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 10:22 AM
AHMO!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: the original let me google that for ya guy
Posts: 16,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHC
this one is easy. the establishment has been feeding you the line of bull that 1+1 is 2 for your whole life. think for yourself! perhaps it's 3 or 16! just make it your reality and you'll be right!
I got a pm from Zara that says 2 + 2 ='s yellow now.
Nate is offline  
post #46 of 183 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 10:24 AM
#4 Best QB Ever
 
That_Is_My_El_Camino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Land of the Free
Posts: 29,339
Beer + water + overactive bladder + shaved ice = lemon snowcones


Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
That_Is_My_El_Camino is offline  
post #47 of 183 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 10:25 AM
Lifer
 
GT Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb
Zara disagrees with me that water is wet; it is my "perception" that water may in fact be wet. I just want to see what everyone else thinks. Hell, maybe i'm wrong and water is actually dry

I'll skip the "is the sky blue" poll, and "is the sun hot" poll for brevity.
You need to add another choice on the poll...

Ban Zurethra... Stupidity is contagious and we don't want it to spread.
GT Dan is offline  
post #48 of 183 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 10:26 AM
Aspiring Bean Counter.
 
Slowhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howard Johnson's Earthlight Room
Posts: 12,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
I got a pm from Zara that says 2 + 2 ='s yellow now.
what?!

goddamnit...my perception must be way off today.

Slowhand is offline  
post #49 of 183 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 10:29 AM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWTRTXSS
I say not always because my ice cubes were pretty dry when I pulled them out of the freezer for dinner.


Ice is not water. You change the form from liquid to solid, so your post has no bearing on the real answer.


If you want to throw a monkey wrench in things, though. Change water to steam. Steam is not wet, contrary to what so many people believe. Steam is a dry gas. That will get ya thinkin....
bcoop is offline  
post #50 of 183 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 10:30 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Master Po: Close your eyes. What do you hear?
Young Caine: I hear the water, I hear the birds.
Master Po: Do you hear your own heartbeat?
Young Caine: No.
Master Po: Do you hear the grasshopper that is at your feet?
Young Caine: [looking down and seeing the insect] Old man, how is it that you hear these things?
Master Po: Young man, how is it that you do not?

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome