Fitna:The film is accurate. Will Muslims rage against the truth?(link to film) - DFWstangs Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 141 (permalink) Old 03-27-2008, 10:45 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush
 
HookEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Saginaw, TX
Posts: 10,011
Fitna:The film is accurate. Will Muslims rage against the truth?(link to film)

http://www.jihadwatch.org/archives/020472.php

Wow. Just, wow.
Very scary stuff.

What's the over/under on how many minutes it takes before the fatwa is issued?

"An unapologetic critic of Islam, Mr [Geert] Wilders rabidly populist rhetoric has won him both fans and enemies in a country already strained with religious tension following the murder of the controversial Dutch film-maker Theo Van Gogh [right] by an Islamist extremist in 2004.


"Whatever its content, this sort of stuff [contained in Fitna] is gold to all extremists (be they Muslim or not) who like to view the current state of the world as an epic battle between good and evil.


"Like the Danish cartoons, Fitna The Movie, will no doubt once more plunge Europe into another heated debate over free speech. Some will see Mr Wilders as an irresponsible and bigoted individual who is knowingly creating a situation that could lead to violence and greater misunderstanding. Others will view him as a brave libertarian pioneer unafraid of standing up to those who would use violence to accomplish their aims."

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[



Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
HookEm is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 141 (permalink) Old 03-27-2008, 10:56 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
yawn

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #3 of 141 (permalink) Old 03-27-2008, 11:01 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
it isnt like you watched it.........why would you comment?
Would you like me to tell you about the factual errors in this film?

You watched it, you should be able to tell me oh Christian Crusader that use to be a drug addict that harrassed his neighbors.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
 
post #4 of 141 (permalink) Old 03-27-2008, 11:07 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush
 
HookEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Saginaw, TX
Posts: 10,011
You didn't even watch it. The film is 15 minutes long. You replied 11 minutes after the post.

And to correct your ignorance, people don't stop being drug addicts. Once an addict, always an addict. So if you're going to be juvenile, at least be correct.

What's really pathetic about your constant, lame reissuing of the neighbor thing, is that you don't know what you're talking about. You defend someone who:

1. Admitted his role in the dispute, and apologized as well.
2. Referred to a brain injured 7 year old as "your fu$king retard."

But, that's about par for the course for you, I suppose.


Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
Would you like me to tell you about the factual errors in this film?

You watched it, you should be able to tell me oh Christian Crusader that use to be a drug addict that harrassed his neighbors.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[



Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org

Last edited by HookEm; 03-27-2008 at 11:19 PM.
HookEm is offline  
post #5 of 141 (permalink) Old 03-27-2008, 11:16 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
You didn't even watch it. The film is 15 minutes long. You replied 11 minutes after the post.

And to correct your ignorance, people don't stop being drug addicts. Once an addict, always an addict. So if you're going to be juvenile, at least be correct.
That's right, Mr. Hollier Than Thou is the keeper of all internet. If he post it first there is no way possible someone else hasn't seen the video.

I apologize for ignorance oh hollier than thou.

Now, tell me what the errors are Hook 'Em. Let me see some of that unblinded intellect. I'll post them up in a couple of days to give you a chance before I school you once again.

Thanks for the correction, I wouldn't know anything about drug addiction.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #6 of 141 (permalink) Old 03-27-2008, 11:22 PM
We lost one.....
 
Mychael101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Red Oak TX
Posts: 6,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
Would you like me to tell you about the factual errors in this film?

You watched it, you should be able to tell me oh Christian Crusader that use to be a drug addict that harrassed his neighbors.
Ouch.....
Mychael101 is offline  
post #7 of 141 (permalink) Old 03-27-2008, 11:31 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush
 
HookEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Saginaw, TX
Posts: 10,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mychael101
Ouch.....

No, it MIGHT be an ouch if that wasnt information freely found on my MySpace page, or information that I freely divulged here. He acts like he's some kind of McGyver, unearthing shattering new info. ....12-15 times a day.

I have no issues with the fact that Im a recovering drunken cokehead. That is part of my person, and will always be, but the beauty of all of it is that it helped me turn my life over to Christ, and begin my recovery process. As the song says, I was carried to the table of the King. I'm not perfect, far from it, but I'm a lot better off than I was. What he doesnt realize is that he brings me a bit of joy every time he pops off, because I always think abotu where I was, and where I now am.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[



Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
HookEm is offline  
post #8 of 141 (permalink) Old 03-27-2008, 11:34 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
No, it MIGHT be an ouch if that wasnt information freely found on my MySpace page, or information that I freely divulged here. He acts like he's some kind of McGyver, unearthing shattering new info. ....12-15 times a day.

I have no issues with the fact that Im a recovering drunken cokehead. That is part of my person, and will always be, but the beauty of all of it is that it helped me turn my life over to Christ, and begin my recovery process. As the song says, I was carried to the table of the King. I'm not perfect, far from it, but I'm a lot better off than I was. What he doesnt realize is that he brings me a bit of joy every time he pops off, because I always think abotu where I was, and where I now am.
Dude, you don't even try.

You are Christian in words only.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #9 of 141 (permalink) Old 03-27-2008, 11:41 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush
 
HookEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Saginaw, TX
Posts: 10,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
Dude, you don't even try.

You are Christian in words only.

MATTHEW 7:1-5:

"Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull the mote out of thine eye; and behold, a beam is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast the mote out of thy brother's eye."

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[



Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
HookEm is offline  
post #10 of 141 (permalink) Old 03-27-2008, 11:42 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
Matt 7:2-5 "For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye. How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye You hypocrite: first take the plank out of your own eye and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye .
Like I said Hook 'Em... you are still the same person sans the need for alcohol and drugs every day.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #11 of 141 (permalink) Old 03-27-2008, 11:45 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush
 
HookEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Saginaw, TX
Posts: 10,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
Like I said Hook 'Em... you are still the same person sans the need for alcohol and drugs every day.


I love you.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[



Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
HookEm is offline  
post #12 of 141 (permalink) Old 03-27-2008, 11:48 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
I love you.
Onward Christian soldier...

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #13 of 141 (permalink) Old 03-27-2008, 11:51 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush
 
HookEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Saginaw, TX
Posts: 10,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
Onward Christian soldier...


color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[



Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
HookEm is offline  
post #14 of 141 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 01:44 AM
Lifer
 
Mustangman_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: D/FW
Posts: 8,912
There is a lot of gay in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
Mustangman_2000 is offline  
post #15 of 141 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 05:25 AM
Wolverines!!!
 
SlowLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: 1st Civ Div
Posts: 9,261
this thread is quite entertaining...
SlowLX is offline  
post #16 of 141 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 07:22 AM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Eric, I'd like to hear if there are any errors in this film. I'm going to look up all the scripture cited, but other than that, everything I saw was pretty accurate (even the Netherlands facts, sadly).
Denny is offline  
post #17 of 141 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 07:32 AM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
What's the over/under on how many minutes it takes before the fatwa is issued?
Fatwas are issued all the time. It's original intentions aren't what they are today, or have been for quite some time. It is used as a tool for brainwashing uneducated people to follow extremism.
Denny is offline  
post #18 of 141 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 08:19 AM
makin' bacon
 
Stevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Longview,TX
Posts: 5,752
Just measured and both of you are short-dicked, so there is no need to continue this pissing contest. Thank you, drive through.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky



Last edited by Stevo; 03-28-2008 at 10:26 AM.
Stevo is offline  
post #19 of 141 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 09:44 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,017
I've personally redefined a fatwa to be what I deposit into a toilet and wipe from my ass with TP.
Mr Majestyk is offline  
post #20 of 141 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 11:34 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
Eric, I'd like to hear if there are any errors in this film. I'm going to look up all the scripture cited, but other than that, everything I saw was pretty accurate (even the Netherlands facts, sadly).
Denny, do you believe the film accurately portrays Muslims as a segment of society?

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #21 of 141 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 11:59 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 779
The reality of the events shown in the video are obviously a problem. However, the question is do these views and actions really only apply to "radical Islam"? Doesn't "radical Islam" really only represent a small fraction of Islamic organizations.

The uses of the quotes from the Koran are suspect without a study of context. I'm pretty sure I could pull out bible quotes in a similar manner and have it look like the scriptures promoting evil deeds.

05 GT Torch Red C&L CAI, Diablo 93 tune, BMR LCR's & UCR, Pro 5.0, S UDP, Mac
<a href="http://giftube.com/"><img src="http://giftube.com/gifs/1016.gif" alt=""></a><br/><a style="padding:3px;background: transparent;color:#00ADEF;font-family:tahoma;font-size:10px;font-weight:bold;text-decoration:none;" href="http://giftube.com/" target="_blank">Gifs at Giftube.com </a>
jones4stangs is offline  
post #22 of 141 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 12:48 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South of the Red River
Posts: 3,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
Denny, do you believe the film accurately portrays Muslims as a segment of society?
I dunno... They get that "group mentality" going and can obviously be pretty tenacious. Never mind society. It's the few hundred thousand crazy motherfuckers that want to chop my head off that need to be rounded up and "dealt with". I don't think there is a way to defuse them. They're religous zombies and have no fear!

"Government demands that you respect Islam, but Islam has no respect for you."

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
black01gt is offline  
post #23 of 141 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 01:00 PM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
Denny, do you believe the film accurately portrays Muslims as a segment of society?
No, but then again, if you ask two Christians about their beliefs, you'll get two different answers. I do believe that they do believe what they're told to believe by the masses. Muslims here aren't the same as Muslims in the Middle East and not the same as Muslims in Europe, etc. It does seem that a strong percentage either shares this jihadist belief, supports it, or maybe just doesn't openly protest it. It really makes my ears perk. Did you see my post about this a while back? It's about as honest as it gets for me.
Denny is offline  
post #24 of 141 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 01:17 PM
Musician for the deaf
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Euless, TX
Posts: 9,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
No, but then again, if you ask two Christians about their beliefs, you'll get two different answers. I do believe that they do believe what they're told to believe by the masses. Muslims here aren't the same as Muslims in the Middle East and not the same as Muslims in Europe, etc. It does seem that a strong percentage either shares this jihadist belief, supports it, or maybe just doesn't openly protest it. It really makes my ears perk. Did you see my post about this a while back? It's about as honest as it gets for me.
I've always felt you were genuine in this respect (among others).

You seem to realize the difference between using religion as an excuse rather than a relationship. That is a fine point that some forget. Myself included.
Casper is offline  
post #25 of 141 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 01:27 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt
I dunno... They get that "group mentality" going and can obviously be pretty tenacious. Never mind society. It's the few hundred thousand crazy motherfuckers that want to chop my head off that need to be rounded up and "dealt with". I don't think there is a way to defuse them. They're religous zombies and have no fear!

"Government demands that you respect Islam, but Islam has no respect for you."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
No, but then again, if you ask two Christians about their beliefs, you'll get two different answers. I do believe that they do believe what they're told to believe by the masses. Muslims here aren't the same as Muslims in the Middle East and not the same as Muslims in Europe, etc. It does seem that a strong percentage either shares this jihadist belief, supports it, or maybe just doesn't openly protest it. It really makes my ears perk. Did you see my post about this a while back? It's about as honest as it gets for me.

So, if I made a film portraying Army of God, Christian Identity, Aryan Nations, et al and search around (wouldn't take long I don't think) to find a 3 1/2 year old from a US Christian family talking about niggers and spics and a GB 3 1/2 year old talking about the "pakis"... would you believe all Christians are bad? That these types of groups represent you? I don't see much public display of protest for these groups.

Maybe I'll finish up the film with a few lines from my good ol' buddy Phelps.

Hell, it didn't take Borat too long to expose some of those types of feelings here in the US.

As far as Muslims, in positions of leadership, denouncing terrorism... quick google reveals this:

http://www.unc.edu/~kurzman/terror.htm
http://www.islam-democracy.org/terrorism_statement.asp

It's a propaganda film made to play to the mindset of fear against a culture very few understand.

But Osama is running out of time. He is attacking the very people he said he was "trying to help." His selection of the mentally challenged to carry out suicide bombings shows he is running out of volunteers. His support is waning in the very community he was "helping." Muslims are starting to see him for what he really is... a psychotic madman bent on destruction with only his self-interests in mind.

Hell, Muslim troops from Turkey are actively fighting with us in Afie-land... Turkey has trade and support for Israel.

Ever been to Cordova (Cordoba) Spain? Awesome city with brilliant architecture built by Jews, Muslims and Christians. Peaceful co-existence of all three religions for centuries. A model for how to live with differing opinions.

As far as factual errors I have found three so far. I'm trying to verify them as I don't want to say they are absolute errors unless I'm very positive.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #26 of 141 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 01:37 PM
Musician for the deaf
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Euless, TX
Posts: 9,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
Ever been to Cordova (Cordoba) Spain? Awesome city with brilliant architecture built by Jews, Muslims and Christians. Peaceful co-existence of all three religions for centuries. A model for how to live with differing opinions.
After they slaughtered the visigoths, the last vestige of Roman philosophical and political thought.

Funny how the Romans had fleets of ships with tonnages never seen again until about WWI. I can make the argument that much of the technology was lost due to all three of your examples "getting along just fine".

Zealotry is always a danger. It is an invasive and predatory meme.
Casper is offline  
post #27 of 141 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 01:52 PM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
So, if I made a film portraying Army of God, Christian Identity, Aryan Nations, et al and search around (wouldn't take long I don't think) to find a 3 1/2 year old from a US Christian family talking about niggers and spics and a GB 3 1/2 year old talking about the "pakis"... would you believe all Christians are bad? That these types of groups represent you? I don't see much public display of protest for these groups.

Maybe I'll finish up the film with a few lines from my good ol' buddy Phelps.

Hell, it didn't take Borat too long to expose some of those types of feelings here in the US.

As far as Muslims, in positions of leadership, denouncing terrorism... quick google reveals this:

http://www.unc.edu/~kurzman/terror.htm
http://www.islam-democracy.org/terrorism_statement.asp

It's a propaganda film made to play to the mindset of fear against a culture very few understand.

But Osama is running out of time. He is attacking the very people he said he was "trying to help." His selection of the mentally challenged to carry out suicide bombings shows he is running out of volunteers. His support is waning in the very community he was "helping." Muslims are starting to see him for what he really is... a psychotic madman bent on destruction with only his self-interests in mind.

Hell, Muslim troops from Turkey are actively fighting with us in Afie-land... Turkey has trade and support for Israel.

Ever been to Cordova (Cordoba) Spain? Awesome city with brilliant architecture built by Jews, Muslims and Christians. Peaceful co-existence of all three religions for centuries. A model for how to live with differing opinions.

As far as factual errors I have found three so far. I'm trying to verify them as I don't want to say they are absolute errors unless I'm very positive.
Don't get me wrong, bro. I'm not denying that there isn't any hatred among the other religions, but you don't see them publically calling for death to anyone not like them and/or acting upon terroristic plots, killing thousands. Apples and oranges. If 9/11 happened by a bunch of guys claiming to do it in the name of Christ, you bet your ass there would be a line behind the public microphone to say otherwise. Look at the Westboro Baptist bunch that demonstrate in a foul manner at the funeral of troops from Iraq. There are usually twice as many Christians protesting against them. Not so much in the case of the Islamic community for what's being done in the name of Allah around the world. I'm not saying all are the same or all are not the same, I'm just noticing a common silence by those who aren't openly supportive of it.
Denny is offline  
post #28 of 141 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 01:52 PM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
I've always felt you were genuine in this respect (among others).

You seem to realize the difference between using religion as an excuse rather than a relationship. That is a fine point that some forget. Myself included.
Right. It outrages me just as much, if not more, than the acts themselves.
Denny is offline  
post #29 of 141 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 01:55 PM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Look at it this way. There's a lot of people with a common hatred. They also share a common belief. I can see how it is easy to link the two, unfortunately, so do the public leaders of that common belief.
Denny is offline  
post #30 of 141 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 02:48 PM
Worship me
 
AL P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 34,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
Don't get me wrong, bro. I'm not denying that there isn't any hatred among the other religions, but you don't see them publically calling for death to anyone not like them and/or acting upon terroristic plots, killing thousands. Apples and oranges. If 9/11 happened by a bunch of guys claiming to do it in the name of Christ, you bet your ass there would be a line behind the public microphone to say otherwise. Look at the Westboro Baptist bunch that demonstrate in a foul manner at the funeral of troops from Iraq. There are usually twice as many Christians protesting against them. Not so much in the case of the Islamic community for what's being done in the name of Allah around the world. I'm not saying all are the same or all are not the same, I'm just noticing a common silence by those who aren't openly supportive of it.
This is exactly the way I view the situation.

And the public protests don't need to happen here but in the places that are the origin of this extremism. Yet you don't see that too much. Mainly because the people who are against this sort of thing would take their lives into their hands in order to protest. You can't deny the fact that a lack of protest from legitimate Muslims leads to a lot of this stereotyping in the West. Not only that but a lack of media coverage on our end. Combine those two factors and you understand why the average person here in the US thinks Muslims are fucking savages.
AL P is offline  
post #31 of 141 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 02:54 PM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Just because someone isn't "for it," doesn't necessarily mean they're "against it."
Denny is offline  
post #32 of 141 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 03:18 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
Don't get me wrong, bro. I'm not denying that there isn't any hatred among the other religions, but you don't see them publically calling for death to anyone not like them and/or acting upon terroristic plots, killing thousands. Apples and oranges. If 9/11 happened by a bunch of guys claiming to do it in the name of Christ, you bet your ass there would be a line behind the public microphone to say otherwise. Look at the Westboro Baptist bunch that demonstrate in a foul manner at the funeral of troops from Iraq. There are usually twice as many Christians protesting against them. Not so much in the case of the Islamic community for what's being done in the name of Allah around the world. I'm not saying all are the same or all are not the same, I'm just noticing a common silence by those who aren't openly supportive of it.
Denny, I gave you two links that were people at the "microphone."

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #33 of 141 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 03:20 PM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
Denny, I gave you two links that were people at the "microphone."
But what I was saying is that it is not the commonplace. Sure, there will always be a few. That's a given.
Denny is offline  
post #34 of 141 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 03:29 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
But what I was saying is that it is not the commonplace. Sure, there will always be a few. That's a given.
Denny, when was the last time you publically spoke out against the Lord's Resistance Army in Uganda?

A group whose aim is to establish a theocratic state based on the ten commandments. A group that has kidnapped over 25,000 children. A group where when a female is taken for more than two weeks there was a 25% chance she would ever be seen again.

http://www.sway-uganda.org/SWAY.RBrief.1.pdf

Stupidity based on some twisted interpretation of religious texts isn't something soley owned by Muslims.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #35 of 141 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 03:48 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
You didn't even watch it. The film is 15 minutes long. You replied 11 minutes after the post.

And to correct your ignorance, people don't stop being drug addicts. Once an addict, always an addict. So if you're going to be juvenile, at least be correct.

What's really pathetic about your constant, lame reissuing of the neighbor thing, is that you don't know what you're talking about. You defend someone who:

1. Admitted his role in the dispute, and apologized as well.
2. Referred to a brain injured 7 year old as "your fu$king retard."

But, that's about par for the course for you, I suppose.
Photobucket
Jimi G is offline  
post #36 of 141 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 04:46 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush
 
HookEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Saginaw, TX
Posts: 10,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffrazr
BULL MOTHERFUCKING SHIT. I used to be addicted to coke. I decided I didn't want to be anymore and quit. So carry that weak shit somewhere else.
Whatever works for you, partner. It's your program.......

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[



Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
HookEm is offline  
post #37 of 141 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 04:56 PM
A+
would read again
 
A+'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Girlswithoutweinersville, Tx
Posts: 6,886
im "fitna" watch this clip....ill comment about it later

***TrueStreet cars run A/C***
"I JUST WANT TO BE A DOPER PERSON WHICH STARTS WITH ME NOT ALWAYS TELLING PEOPLE HOW DOPE I THINK I AM," -kanye west

Parting out a GT? lmk!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davbrucas View Post
Does it make me gay if I stick my finger in another mans ass on a daily basis?
A+ is offline  
post #38 of 141 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 05:08 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush
 
HookEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Saginaw, TX
Posts: 10,011
I'm glad it works for you. What works for you may not work for 500 other people, and what worked for 500 other people may not work for you.

Congrats on your sobriety.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffrazr
Fixed.

Probation officer tried to get me in a program back in the day. Nothing worked until I decided to quit. Low and behold I also decided to be a casual partaker of other social interactions.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[



Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
HookEm is offline  
post #39 of 141 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 05:25 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
I'm glad it works for you. What works for you may not work for 500 other people, and what worked for 500 other people may not work for you.

Congrats on your sobriety.
The more I read your posts the more I wanna slap the Jesus out of you. I would like to see you in about 6 months when this Jesus thing isn't so strong in you and you are back on the crack rock. Nice thing is then you will be able to go back to Church and say that you started backsliding but you are a born again believer and will be fine once again. Then all you need to do is repeat that about every 6 months and we can stamp "Typical Christian" on your forehead. But just as any other new Christian "on fire" for the Lord quote some scripture on me, but trust me I know the Bible so there is no need, and tell me you love me.
Jimi G is offline  
post #40 of 141 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 05:49 PM
Secular Dogooderist
 
Zarathustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Hive
Posts: 3,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm

But, that's about par for the course for you, I suppose.
I'd appreciate it if you refrained from using my words.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
Zarathustra is offline  
post #41 of 141 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 05:50 PM
Secular Dogooderist
 
Zarathustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Hive
Posts: 3,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
Fatwas are issued all the time. It's original intentions aren't what they are today, or have been for quite some time. It is used as a tool for brainwashing uneducated people to follow extremism.
Sounds oddly familiar...

hmmmmm......

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
Zarathustra is offline  
post #42 of 141 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 06:08 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,017
It does sound familiar.....Iran comes to mind for example.
Mr Majestyk is offline  
post #43 of 141 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 07:54 PM
CJ
User may be editing post.
 
CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 12,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
Sounds oddly familiar...

hmmmmm......

The quote in your signature is fucking terrible. Exactly the kind of sappy stupid pointless literature liberals like to quote, not because they understand it, but because in their elitist mentality, they want to use it as a tool to show how intelligent they are and how stupid other people are. It makes them feel better about themselves to treat other people like shit. Now this is the time when you throw out some ridiculously childish statement, and then make some reference to me being in mensa, and probably finish it off with another stupid wikipedia paste or something of that nature. I just wanted to make light that you're still a tool, and your quote is terribly written and composed, but I'm sure you think it sounds intelligent.

Last edited by CJ; 03-28-2008 at 08:03 PM.
CJ is offline  
post #44 of 141 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 09:34 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South of the Red River
Posts: 3,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
Yes, how dare I congratulate you on your sobriety. What was I thinking?

Best of luck staying sober.
You congratulaed muffrazor. Not Jimi G.

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
black01gt is offline  
post #45 of 141 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 10:00 PM
KJ94GT
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
LiveLeak pulled the video. Anyone got it saved and wanna share?

Edit: Nevermind. I found it and downloaded.

Last edited by KJ94GT; 03-28-2008 at 10:11 PM.
post #46 of 141 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 10:52 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,181
Hmmmm --

Would this be the appropriate thread to intoduce my new line of muhammed brand underwear? It starts off white and you can make it brown...
LMPChris is offline  
post #47 of 141 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 11:04 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,181
I have a question for you....If this islam thing is correct why isn't everyone killing themselves to get the 70 virgins????

Hmmm -- I don't see bin laden attaching bombs to himself.... Oh yeah because he is old and understands this is a bullshit concept.... So he recruits ignorant people who will follow him....
LMPChris is offline  
post #48 of 141 (permalink) Old 03-29-2008, 09:58 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South of the Red River
Posts: 3,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffrazr
Are you high? It's Muffrazr, not muffrazor.
Don't start that shit on me. "Either you're with us, or you're a dope crazed pedophile"

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
black01gt is offline  
post #49 of 141 (permalink) Old 03-29-2008, 10:21 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffrazr
Those are my only two choices? What if I don't like ya'll? I hate pedophiles, so I guess I'd be all alone.


<--------kicks dirt and walks away
I love you.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #50 of 141 (permalink) Old 03-29-2008, 10:40 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffrazr
Are you gonna send me a Vermont Teddy bear now. Sheesh
PM me your address. Either Hook 'Em or I will.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome