This isnt a hate crime? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 84 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 12:43 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

This isnt a hate crime?

Rabbi Alleges Attack: Men Chanted 'Allahu Akhbar'

Victim: Stolen Yarmulke Prompts Altercation That Leads To Brutal Beating Inside NYC Subway Station

Reporting
Jay Dow
BROOKLYN (CBS) ― A Brooklyn rabbi is speaking out after a scary encounter with a man accused of snatching his yarmulke off his head.

Rabbi Uria Ohana's crash course on street justice -- and the justice -- system continues.

"I got a call from the district attorney," Ohana said. "I'm going to testify in front of the grand jury."

The case is against 18-year old Ali Hussein, accused of snatching Ohana's yarmulke last week inside a Park Slope subway station. It was an offense Ohana says he couldn't let pass.

"I decided to chase him to get my yarmulke back," Ohana said.

Prosecutors haven't classified the incident as a bias crime yet, but a Brooklyn resident who spoke to CBS 2 HD says he's not encouraged by what happened.

"It's unfortunate that these two cultures that don't get along a world away … even here in Brooklyn … are not getting along," Brooklyn resident Miguel Yazinsky said.

Rabbi Ohana says as he ran back down the station's stairs two of Hussein's friends got up from this bench and chased him out of the station.

"They were screaming 'Allahu Akhbar (God is great) and punching my face," Ohana said.

But Ohana says things came to a head when Hussein was hit by a car as he ran out onto Fourth Avenue. EMS officials confirm responding to a call at that time and location for a pedestrian struck by a vehicle.

At the subway station, CBS 2 HD found little sympathy for Hussein.

"So you're trying to say the guy who grabbed it got hit by a car? That's justice, isn't it?" Brooklyn resident Kevin Ryan said.

Not for Rabbi Ohana, who says despite the fact Hussein was injured, he still wants him prosecuted to fullest extent of the law.

Hussein is charged with grand larceny, petty larceny and criminal possession of stolen property. Prosecutors expect more charges will be filed. (© MMVIII, CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.)

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 84 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 12:51 PM
Pushed to the limit

All I know is if Hussein had been "Jimbo Billy Bob Hook Em" and was shouting "Let's see the media, banks and Hollywood get your hat back!" he would not have been charged with grand larceny for stealing a cap.

He may have been charged with 1st degree dumbassery for stealing it and then running out in front of a car.

Buying dogs kills.
post #3 of 84 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 12:56 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Yes, because I'm an ardent Jew hater. Better tell my wife and kids that...that'll make for interesting discussion at tonight's dinner table.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWTRTXSS
All I know is if Hussein had been "Jimbo Billy Bob Hook Em" and was shouting "Let's see the media, banks and Hollywood get your hat back!" he would not have been charged with grand larceny for stealing a cap.

He may have been charged with 1st degree dumbassery for stealing it and then running out in front of a car.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org

Last edited by HookEm; 03-25-2008 at 01:06 PM.

post #4 of 84 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 01:10 PM
Lifer

Just leave the guys arm ukulele alone for crying out loud. What if the table was turned and the Jew took the red and white, picnick table-hand kerchief of the arabs head and blew his nose in it. Say what?
As say laymoo alayoop cum.
Shalome I like em.
post #5 of 84 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 01:15 PM
Pushed to the limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSON
Just leave the guys arm ukulele alone for crying out loud. What if the table was turned and the Jew took the red and white, picnick table-hand kerchief of the arabs head and blew his nose in it. Say what?
As say laymoo alayoop cum.
Shalome I like em.
He would still be a 1st degree dumbass for getting hit by a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
Yes, because I'm an ardent Jew hater. Better tell my wife and kids that...that'll make for interesting discussion at tonight's dinner table.
You ran with that one! Pretty fast as well. Almost as if the shoe fit... perfectly.

Just messing with you man! But you know it wouldn't bother you one bit if the all the Arabs and Jews destroyed themselves tomorrow. You can tell Dfwstangs. Nobody would hold it against you. One side killed your lord and king of kings and the other side uses their false religion to hate you. It's ok. We understand.

Buying dogs kills.
post #6 of 84 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 02:55 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Being that I have family all over Israel, I'd prob frown on that. The whole being married to a Jew, and thus having Jewish children...I'd be more than slightly put out if all the Jews were wiped out. It'd put a real bumemr on my kids birthright tour, too. But don't let that stop you from your own racist anti-Semetic fantasies.

And not to split hairs, but the Romans actually killed Christ. The Jews preferred method of execution was stoning; the Romans, crucifixion. Not saying there were not Jews that had a hand in it, but your blanket statement couldnt be more wrong.

Besides, why are you wasting your tiem here, when you should be out addressing your fears.

or "training" as you may spin it....

Quote:
He would still be a 1st degree dumbass for getting hit by a car.

You ran with that one! Pretty fast as well. Almost as if the shoe fit... perfectly.

Just messing with you man! But you know it wouldn't bother you one bit if the all the Arabs and Jews destroyed themselves tomorrow. You can tell Dfwstangs. Nobody would hold it against you. One side killed your lord and king of kings and the other side uses their false religion to hate you. It's ok. We understand.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #7 of 84 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 04:10 PM
Pushed to the limit

Quote:
Being that I have family all over Israel, I'd prob frown on that. The whole being married to a Jew, and thus having Jewish children...I'd be more than slightly put out if all the Jews were wiped out. It'd put a real bumemr on my kids birthright tour, too. But don't let that stop you from your own racist anti-Semetic fantasies.

And not to split hairs, but the Romans actually killed Christ. The Jews preferred method of execution was stoning; the Romans, crucifixion. Not saying there were not Jews that had a hand in it, but your blanket statement couldnt be more wrong.

Besides, why are you wasting your tiem here, when you should be out addressing your fears.

or "training" as you may spin it....
So you do or don't like Jews? Just spit it out man. We can take it.

Buying dogs kills.
post #8 of 84 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 04:16 PM
Musician for the deaf

I for one am thnkful to now know that they keep a bag of fake jew gold to outsmart us goyim. I won't fall for that one again
post #9 of 84 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 04:20 PM
Pushed to the limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
I for one am thnkful to now know that they keep a bag of fake jew gold to outsmart us goyim. I won't fall for that one again
LOL! Hook Em keeps his in his hollowed out bible. I heard it jingle around in there when he thumped it less than 15 seconds ago.

Buying dogs kills.
post #10 of 84 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 04:29 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Quote:
LOL! Hook Em keeps his in his hollowed out bible. I heard it jingle around in there when he thumped it less than 15 seconds ago.
Truly sad that you take joy, and find humour, in this rabbi being beaten by a group of men. Really speaks volumes about your character.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #11 of 84 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 04:35 PM
Musician for the deaf

Quote:
Truly sad that you take joy, and find humour, in this rabbi being beaten by a group of men. Really speaks volumes about your character.
I'm pretty sure he's deeply upset that no one posted the vid on youtube.

WTF should anyone care if he was anything other than a victim? All your hate crime emphasis puts you squarely in the Obama camp. What am I missing? Did you go "soft" on us?
post #12 of 84 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 04:38 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Just a little parity is all I'm seeking. I think hate crime laws are an absolute sham, as crime by its definition is hateful. (Is there such thing as a crime out of warm fuzzies?)
However, if it's on the books, enforce it equally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
I'm pretty sure he's deeply upset that no one posted the vid on youtube.

WTF should anyone care if he was anything other than a victim? All your hate crime emphasis puts you squarely in the Obama camp. What am I missing? Did you go "soft" on us?

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #13 of 84 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 04:45 PM
Musician for the deaf

I'm with you there.
post #14 of 84 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 04:49 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
So you do or don't like Jews? Just spit it out man. We can take it.
LOL. What a retort!

I'll have to say 'kudos' to you hookem.

post #15 of 84 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 05:06 PM
Pushed to the limit

Quote:
There are two really funny things about the whole Rabbi thing that I find "joyful and humorous" that have nothing to do with your O'reillyan spin doctoring:

1. One of the jerks who was fucking with him got run the fuck over trying to get away with the guys religious headgear.

2. You.

If you really want to go into character, let he who is without sin cast the first stone. Since you are obviously in the position to start, feel free to do so at any time.

Buying dogs kills.
post #16 of 84 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 05:17 PM
Metric Wrench

Hate crime is a stupid term. If I was beat bloody by a bunch of black guys it wouldn't be a hate crime but the other way around it would be. To me a crime is a crime no matter what the reason. That is what makes it a crime. And I think they should be prossocuted to the fullest extent, same as any of us would be.
post #17 of 84 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 05:18 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

dude you are completely right!

Quote:
There are two really funny things about the whole Rabbi thing that I find "joyful and humorous" that have nothing to do with your O'reillyan spin doctoring:

1. One of the jerks who was fucking with him got run the fuck over trying to get away with the guys religious headgear.

2. You.

If you really want to go into character, let he who is without sin cast the first stone. Since you are obviously in the position to start, feel free to do so at any time.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #18 of 84 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 05:22 PM
Secular Dogooderist

If the guy wants yarmulke protection under the law, he should go back to Israel, where everybody wears them. This is America, assimilate, or get the fuck out--remember?

This is great.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
post #19 of 84 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 05:24 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nestromo
Hate crime is a stupid term. If I was beat bloody by a bunch of black guys it wouldn't be a hate crime but the other way around it would be. To me a crime is a crime no matter what the reason. That is what makes it a crime. And I think they should be prossocuted to the fullest extent, same as any of us would be.
If I'm mad enough to beat someone to death, it's OBVIOUSLY a hate crime...no matter their color.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #20 of 84 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 05:24 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
If the guy wants yarmulke protection under the law, he should go back to Israel, where everybody wears them. This is America, assimilate, or get the fuck out--remember?

This is great.
You are completely right Z!

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #21 of 84 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 05:27 PM
Secular Dogooderist

Quote:
invertebrate.

This new tactic you've adopted of laying down and blindly agreeing with people is par for the course for the rest of your reasoning processes. It's like you re-realized that you don't have to argue with people that disagree with you if you hold to your simple way of life. Good job though, you fulfill every single one of my expectations.

Keep it up, you only dig yourself deeper.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
post #22 of 84 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 05:27 PM
Metric Wrench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
If I'm mad enough to beat someone to death, it's OBVIOUSLY a hate crime...no matter their color.
Exactly.
post #23 of 84 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 05:28 PM
Secular Dogooderist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90 Notch
You are completely right Z!
And you are completely spineless 90!

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
-Sam Harris
post #24 of 84 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 05:29 PM
Secular Dogooderist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nestromo
Exactly.
Did someone get beat up?

I'm surprised it wasn't referred to as a terrorist act, myself. Given the background of the OP, this guy will say anything and agree with anything if he thinks he's pleasing his imaginary friend...

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
-Sam Harris
post #25 of 84 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 05:34 PM
Lifer

Quote:

This is great.
So the Palestinians squatting in Isreal also wear yarmulkes, since everybody there wears them, correct? You stupid piece of shit.

You ought to be all in favor of hate crime protections FudgePecker. After all, we categorize gay bashing as a hate crime in America, and you obviously benefit firsthand from that protection.
post #26 of 84 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 05:39 PM
Secular Dogooderist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Majestyk
So the Palestinians squatting in Isreal also wear yarmulkes, since everybody there wears them, correct? You stupid piece of shit.

You ought to be all in favor of hate crime protections FudgePecker. After all, we categorize gay bashing as a hate crime in America, and you obviously benefit firsthand from that protection.
That's a horrible analogy, I meant he needs to return to a land whose laws protect his uninterrupted
wearing of his jewhat.
Yea, I'm obviously gay, since you've seen me and can protest to the fact that I'm a homosexual. You surely can't be serious...

I don't see how you get off calling anyone gay dude. That is the oldest trick in the book, little children have acquired superior tactics in debate than you have. To attack someones sexuality based on a political argument is downright infantile.

I laugh at you...... again.

Grow up.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
-Sam Harris
post #27 of 84 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 05:42 PM
Lifer

Your answering to FudgePecker is evidence enough, fag.

The analogy is perfect, and your political "thoughts" LOL are hilarious.
post #28 of 84 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 05:42 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:

This is great.
lmao! are you kidding? this is about a man who was beat and had his property (the yarmulke) stolen. is that not a crime in and of itself?

the attackers' backgrounds (muslim) and what they are chanting (god is good) are not alone hate crime material, but combine the two and throw in the fact that they were beating a jewish man, and you have a point.

and like hookem said, I think the term 'hate crime' is hilarious, but there shouldn't be a double standard if it's going to exist.

post #29 of 84 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 05:45 PM
Lifer

Quote:
invertebrate.

This new tactic you've adopted of laying down and blindly agreeing with people is par for the course for the rest of your reasoning processes. It's like you re-realized that you don't have to argue with people that disagree with you if you hold to your simple way of life. Good job though, you fulfill every single one of my expectations.

Absolutely correct Z!

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #30 of 84 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 05:46 PM
Lifer

Quote:
And you are completely spineless 90!
Another post that's right Z!

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #31 of 84 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 06:12 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Quote:

This is great.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #32 of 84 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 06:12 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Quote:
That's a horrible analogy, I meant he needs to return to a land whose laws protect his uninterrupted
wearing of his jewhat.
Yea, I'm obviously gay, since you've seen me and can protest to the fact that I'm a homosexual. You surely can't be serious...

I don't see how you get off calling anyone gay dude. That is the oldest trick in the book, little children have acquired superior tactics in debate than you have. To attack someones sexuality based on a political argument is downright infantile.

Grow up.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #33 of 84 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 06:27 PM
AHMO!

Quote:
wearing of his jewhat.

Grow up.
So many excellent points once again bro! Cheers!
post #34 of 84 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 06:53 PM
IA2

Quote:

This is great.
Hell ya!
post #35 of 84 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 06:54 PM
IA2

Quote:
invertebrate.

x2
post #36 of 84 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 06:57 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90 Notch
Absolutely correct Z!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
So many excellent points once again bro! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb
Hell ya!
Quote:
x2
it's getting difficult to recognize what is sarcasm and what isn't

post #37 of 84 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 07:04 PM
Secular Dogooderist

None of it is sarcasm. These guys can't hang, so they deliberately concede. Simple.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
-Sam Harris
post #38 of 84 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 07:15 PM
Lifer

That's 'cause FudgePecker is a true mental giant among mere commoners. It's plain for all to see, just like it's plain for all to see that he is an abominable fag.
post #39 of 84 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 07:19 PM
IA2

Thumbs up

Quote:
None of it is sarcasm. These guys can't hang, so they deliberately concede. Simple.
You got us figured out
post #40 of 84 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 07:23 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
You got us figured out
ha. this keeps getting better.

post #41 of 84 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 07:26 PM
IA2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHC
ha. this keeps getting better.
post #42 of 84 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 07:32 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Quote:
invertebrate.
Quote:
invertebrate.
Quote:
The direction your life has turned just seems right somehow...
LMAO! How fucking old are you? You're only retort is to call people invertebrates? You sound like a 12 year old Dinosaur nerd who just discovered that the word invertebrate can be used in a derogatory manner.

post #43 of 84 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 07:35 PM
Lifer

Funny mental image: a circle jerk of limp-wristed men chanting "FUDGEPECKER U AKBAR"
post #44 of 84 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 08:09 PM
Secular Dogooderist

Quote:
LMAO! How fucking old are you? You're only retort is to call people invertebrates? You sound like a 12 year old Dinosaur nerd who just discovered that the word invertebrate can be used in a derogatory manner.
Dude. How old are you?

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
-Sam Harris
post #45 of 84 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 08:16 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

I wonder if he posted the Rabbi's phone number on a message board?

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
post #46 of 84 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 08:16 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Being that I have family all over Israel, I'd prob frown on that. The whole being married to a Jew, and thus having Jewish children
And my best friend is...

post #47 of 84 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 08:34 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Ah, you must be talking about "Zboy", I don't kick puppies anymore since I put the Douche bag on my ignore list! You should all try it and when he grows tired of arguing with himself maybe he will go away.

Mopar63

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
post #48 of 84 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 08:43 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

There was a time when you were pretty whitty. You could zing with the best of them. Sadly, it's rather obvious that the game has passed you by. You really just tried to compare someone saying "my best friend is a " and being part of a Jewish family, having Jewish children, ADOPTING a Jewish child, attending a Messianic Temple, etc? Zara thinks I'm a Zionist, and you accuse me of being anti-Semetic.

Not sure if it's old age, years of alcohol abuse, or the first signs of dementia setting in, but you have lost your edge.

I weep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
And my best friend is...

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #49 of 84 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 08:44 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Quote:

You're the man now, dawg!
Encore, encore!

SPOT the HECK on AGAIN!!!!!!!

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #50 of 84 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 08:51 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
There was a time when you were pretty whitty. You could zing with the best of them. Sadly, it's rather obvious that the game has passed you by. You really just tried to compare someone saying "my best friend is a " and being part of a Jewish family, having Jewish children, ADOPTING a Jewish child, attending a Messianic Temple, etc? Zara thinks I'm a Zionist, and you accuse me of being anti-Semetic.

Not sure if it's old age, years of alcohol abuse, or the first signs of dementia setting in, but you have lost your edge.

I weep.
Or possibly, I see no change in your being... righteous christian or abusing druggie and alcoholic.

Please show me one fucking line where I accused you of being anti-Semetic dumbass. You back on the sauce already?

Don't try to project your shortcomings on others.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement