Obama: Grandma 'Typical White Person' Fearing Everyone She Doesn't Know - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 10:59 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Obama: Grandma 'Typical White Person' Fearing Everyone She Doesn't Know

Oh my. Is this dude a McCain operative, determined to keep Hillary out of office?

sound clip:

http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=65704

Obama: Grandma 'Typical White Person' Fearing Everyone She Doesn't Know

By Noel Sheppard | March 20, 2008 - 14:22 ET

It seems the more Barack Obama tries to explain the peculiar statement he made Tuesday concerning his white grandmother's "fear of black men who passed by her on the street," the more he's assuring attention regarding the matter.

Though it remains to be seen how much focus a media clearly looking to move beyond this subject will devote to it, Obama called into a Philadelphia sports radio station on Thursday making comments that, if publicized, might get him in even more trouble with white voters.

As transcribed by Breitbart moments ago (http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=65704):
The point I was making was not that my grandmother harbors any racial animosity. But she is a typical white person. If she sees somebody on the street that she doesn't know. . .there's a reaction in her that doesn't go away and it comes out in the wrong way.

Wow. Is this really how a "typical white person" behaves? Shame on me for being so cordial all these years to folks I didn't know.

Regardless of my seeming ignorance of how the "typical white person" is supposed to behave around strangers, one wonders if Obama's declaration will be the subject of great debate and discussion by press members in the next 24 hours, or if it will be ignored by media desperately looking to get off this topic for the junior senator's sake?

Stay tuned.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 11:03 PM
Out

Typical...
post #3 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
Typical...
psh....TOTALLY

post #4 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 11:06 PM
Genetically Blessed

Quote:
Typical...
Typical Obama or typical Hookem?
post #5 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 11:07 PM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow99
Typical Obama or typical Hookem?
Typically speaking?
post #6 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 11:10 PM
Genetically Blessed

Quote:
Typically speaking?
Typically typing.
post #7 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 11:15 PM
Time Served

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFYaXucXOCQ

Last edited by Up0n0ne; 03-21-2008 at 11:28 PM.
post #8 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 11:18 PM
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
do you hate obama because he is black?
post #9 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 11:21 PM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
do you hate obama because he is black?
Absolutely not! I just can't believe he's made it even this far in politics, let alone life.

BTW, my first choice for the Presidency would be Colin Powell.
post #10 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 11:23 PM
Time Served

I don't hate Obama at all, but the garbage he was taught for over 20 years is starting to seep out little by little.

Plus I thought that was a funny clip, tryed to find Bugs Bunny saying it but couldn't.
post #11 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 11:30 PM
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
the only thing about him that i notice is every time he talks he sounds like The Rock, I keep waiting for him to say to hill that he is gonna take Office shine that sucka up real nice and shove it up her candy ass. and as he walks off stops looks up and yells If you smeeeeeeeelllllllll WHAT OBAMA is cooking.
post #12 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 11:37 PM
Out

Quote:
the only thing about him that i notice is every time he talks he sounds like The Rock, I keep waiting for him to say to hill that he is gonna take Office shine that sucka up real nice and shove it up her candy ass. and as he walks off stops looks up and yells If you smeeeeeeeelllllllll WHAT OBAMA is cooking.
He might just win a vote here, then!
post #13 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 11:51 PM
Pushed to the limit

I still think that McCain not knowing the difference between a Shiite and a Sunni is a lot more important. Or him not knowing if he is a conservative or a liberal. Or him not knowing if he is coming or going.

Buying dogs kills.
post #14 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 11:52 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Quote:
the only thing about him that i notice is every time he talks he sounds like The Rock,.
And here I was thinking it was just me.....

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #15 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 12:02 AM
Pushed to the limit

If you think about it, is Obama right about the typical white person being afraid of everyone?

I don't have stats and I am too lazy to look them up but I wonder if a majority of CHL holders are white. The main reason for the CHL is fear, right? Fear of bodily harm, fear of property being stolen, etc.

Black people really aren't that scary guys. Try beating up a few. They tap just as hard as and just as fast as white folks.

Buying dogs kills.
post #16 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 12:26 AM
IA2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWTRTXSS
The main reason for the CHL is fear, right?
Self defense.

https://www.dfwstangs.net/forums/show...&highlight=gun
post #17 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 12:27 AM
Pushed to the limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb
But you want to defend yourself because you are afraid of getting hurt, right?

Buying dogs kills.
post #18 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 12:34 AM
IA2

Quote:
But you want to defend yourself because you are afraid of getting hurt, right?
Jesus, look at the crime statistics. You got a family? I do. Want to make sure that they are safe? I do. Not so much fear as being practical, same reason you buy insurance. A gun is no more than a tool to do a job, when the job is called for.

I might point out that luke's experience happened right in my own neighborhood, coming back from a GTG that I occasionally go to. Could it have been me? Yeah.
post #19 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 12:38 AM
BANNED

Thumbs up

Quote:
Jesus, look at the crime statistics. You got a family? I do. Want to make sure that they are safe? I do. Not so much fear as being practical, same reason you buy insurance. A gun is no more than a tool to do a job, when the job is called for.

I might point out that luke's experience happened right in my own neighborhood, coming back from a GTG that I occasionally go to. Could it have been me? Yeah.

post #20 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 12:54 AM
Pushed to the limit

Quote:
Just say you're afraid, man. It's ok to be afraid. Everyone is afraid. I worry about my wife and kid constantly. It makes me a better parent. That's why I fight 2 or 3 times a week. I am 5'8" and 190lbs and I made a cop who is 6' and 210lbs my bitch today and he thanked me for it.

People get upset when it is suggested that they own guns because they are afraid but rather than just owning the fear, they try to scare you into getting one yourself.

So is Obama right or not?

Buying dogs kills.
post #21 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 01:02 AM
IA2

Quote:
Just say you're afraid, man. It's ok to be afraid. Everyone is afraid. I worry about my wife and kid constantly. It makes me a better parent. That's why I fight 2 or 3 times a week. I am 5'8" and 190lbs and I made a cop who is 6' and 210lbs my bitch today and he thanked me for it.

People get upset when it is suggested that they own guns because they are afraid but rather than just owning the fear, they try to scare you into getting one yourself.

It seems that fear is something that you personally need to have to justify self defense. Just like I said before, i'm not afraid, but I am smart enough to know to lock my doors, stay off the streets late at night, and have a little sumpthin sumpthin in reserve should someone try to violate the sanctity of my home or vehicle. I'm prepared and am not huddling under the blankets in fear, are you?

Another example is that I have several fire extinguishers handy in my garage. Am i fearful that I might have a fire? No, I am prepared for having a fire. There is a difference.
post #22 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 01:03 AM
BANNED

Quote:

im sure all your sweet ninja skills are going to help you during a home invasion, or car jacking, or mugging right?

post #23 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 01:03 AM
T-MINUS

Quote:

I don't see what it has to do with fear It is strictly being honest about the situation you are in and being prepared if a SNAFU happens.

Call it risk leading versus risk management.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #24 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 01:19 AM
Pushed to the limit

Quote:
It seems that fear is something that you personally need to have to justify self defense. Just like I said before, i'm not afraid, but I am smart enough to know to lock my doors, stay off the streets late at night, and have a little sumpthin sumpthin in reserve should someone try to violate the sanctity of my home or vehicle. I'm prepared and am not huddling under the blankets in fear, are you?
So do you not justify self defense? You said fear is something you need to do so but then in the next sentence, you say you aren't afraid. Which is it?

I'm prepared enough to show that I can take care of business without a gun 2 or 3 times a week against people who are more often than not bigger and more athletic than me. I am not one to assume that just because I have a gun and have lots of practice shooting paper targets that everything will be ok. I actually go out and prove to myself (in front of other people) that I have what it takes to defend my family.

Do you? Or do you just wonder what it would be like?

Buying dogs kills.
post #25 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 01:21 AM
Pushed to the limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro88LX
im sure all your sweet ninja skills are going to help you during a home invasion, or car jacking, or mugging right?
Are you trying to scare me into getting a gun? And who said I don't already carry one? I just said that I like to not have to rely on a gun.

Buying dogs kills.
post #26 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 01:26 AM
Pushed to the limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt
I don't see what it has to do with fear It is strictly being honest about the situation you are in and being prepared if a SNAFU happens.

Call it risk leading versus risk management.
Why do you feel the need to be prepared? Fear of the unforeseen?

Buying dogs kills.
post #27 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 01:26 AM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

One minor difference: these people you are defending yourself against aren't actually trying to cause pain and hurt to your family. They arent carrying guns, hoping to use them.

Slight difference.

Quote:
So do you not justify self defense? You said fear is something you need to do so but then in the next sentence, you say you aren't afraid. Which is it?

I'm prepared enough to show that I can take care of business without a gun 2 or 3 times a week against people who are more often than not bigger and more athletic than me. I am not one to assume that just because I have a gun and have lots of practice shooting paper targets that everything will be ok. I actually go out and prove to myself (in front of other people) that I have what it takes to defend my family.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #28 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 01:27 AM
IA2

Quote:

Let's cut the "fear" bullshit out of this conversation. Perhaps you are afraid, I don't know. In my experience I have learned that preparation for events that might occur that would be damaging to myself or my family needs to be addressed. For this reason I carry life & health insurance on each of the members of my family, I have both a smoke detector and a CO2 detector in my house, multiple fire extinguishers spread around the house, etc. One of the events i've prepared for is the possible defense of myself and my family. For obvious reasons i'll leave out the details. But is has nothing to do with fear, rather is has to do with being prepared for something that might happen, and being responsible.
post #29 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 01:30 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Are you trying to scare me into getting a gun? And who said I don't already carry one? I just said that I like to not have to rely on a gun.
its called being PREPARED for situations that arise that hand to hand combat can't resolve. happens EVERY day.

post #30 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 01:38 AM
mannish boy

Quote:
were you in boyscouts?

I'm just as scared of white people as I am any other color!

are YOU more scared of "the coloreds" than whites?
post #31 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 04:37 AM
Metric Wrench

Quote:
No offense dude but you are really really digging here.
post #32 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 07:16 AM
#4 Best QB Ever

Quote:
I carry because shit happens and I want to be prepared if shit happens to me, not that I'm scared of shit happening to me. It's like locking your doors - do you do it because you're scared somebody's going to try to come in during the middle of the night, or do you just understand that it's a possibility?

And who's trying to scare you into buying guns? I sure don't want you, or anybody else that's uncomfortable with guns or the thought of having or handling a gun, to have a gun that they don't want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #33 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 09:15 AM
PAN

Yes but because I am a ninja, no one should carry or have at their disposal a gun. If anyone steps out of line, I will simply beat them down!

So if you feel scared of a situation, call me! I will jump on my secret ninja glider and come save the day!

Thank you for your support, Ninja boy
post #34 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Up0n0ne
I don't hate Obama at all, but the garbage he was taught for over 20 years is starting to seep out little by little.

Plus I thought that was a funny clip, tryed to find Bugs Bunny saying it but couldn't.
What's funny is, a month ago, UpOnOne swore up and down that Barack was Muslim. Because it served your purpose. Then, when everyone pointed out how false that was, you got quiet. Now, there's something new, so you come back, and post with more confidence, agreeing that yes, he is a Christian, but look where he goes to church!

Sheeple.
post #35 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 09:47 AM
makin' bacon

Being a muslim is more than a religious choice, just as being jewish. You cannot change your ethnic background by switching churches.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky

post #36 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 11:27 AM

Quote:

LMAO...who are you trying to impress? It sounds as if you're the one who is scared which is why you keep pointing out your ability to defend your family..maybe deep down inside you fear that no matter how much you train you wont be able to Repressed feelings much?

You're trying to psycho-analyze people and you're failing miserably btw...I carry when I'm transporting money for work and I am not afraid of being robbed I just dont want to carry the burden of losing my works money because I wasnt prepared...wouldnt matter if I was fuckin Mike Tyson or Chuck Norris...try to ninja someone trying to stab you or heaven forbid they have a gun Hell sometimes I get excited at the thought of someone trying to rob me..get a scalp under my belt

On serious note..get a clue fear and being prepared are two different things...if you're a billy bad ass quit carrying insurance, dont lock your doors at night, and leave your keys in your car
post #37 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp
What's funny is, a month ago, UpOnOne swore up and down that Barack was Muslim. Because it served your purpose. Then, when everyone pointed out how false that was, you got quiet. Now, there's something new, so you come back, and post with more confidence, agreeing that yes, he is a Christian, but look where he goes to church!

Sheeple.
I'd be bitter if I was backing Obama and had to sit by watching him implode slowly but surely
post #38 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 11:32 AM
Lifer

Quote:
If you think about it, is Obama right about the typical white person being afraid of everyone?

I don't have stats and I am too lazy to look them up but I wonder if a majority of CHL holders are white. The main reason for the CHL is fear, right? Fear of bodily harm, fear of property being stolen, etc.

Black people really aren't that scary guys. Try beating up a few. They tap just as hard as and just as fast as white folks.
Of course whites are the majority to have a CHL. Blacks can't get one because you can't have a felony and messicans carry knives to cutchu wit.
post #39 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 12:57 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp

Sheeple.

Pampers reread that thread you're talking about. There you go again.....I didn't swear up, down, or all around that Obama was a muslim. What purpose would it have served? Oh yeah to sway a hand full of people on dfwstangs.
I retracted my statement on Obama swearing in on the koran, and that he did swear in under his own bible.

Go back and read again Pampers. I do remember bringing up the facts on his "church" and how it does make a difference if he attended it for over 20 years.
As well as if you attend, serve, & a member of a church then you follow and believe their creed.
And remember people saying I was calling it a conspiracy because of that.
Funny how that has come to light now.

Post with more confidence?? I had plenty back in the other thread Pampers. But you and others pick one thing and throw the whole issue out of context. Like pointing out spelling errors, or saying that people need to stop believing emails. When your whole existance is based off of snopes.com, a husband/wife duo.

I'm not agreeing he's a Christian Pampers, where did I say that? Oh yeah I didn't.
Sorry to inform you that Obama or Rev. Wright does not go by the Holy Bible. If they do they twist, add, and take away from it. Which it clearly says not too.
The Holy Bible doesn't preach hate, among other thing rev. wright does.
All you do is go around correcting peoples spelling, twisting what people say, and say some sick stuff.
This response to you will most likely end up being twisted or you will point out errors to try and make yourself seem smarted than you really are.

Sheeple!

Last edited by Up0n0ne; 03-22-2008 at 11:21 PM.
post #40 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 02:16 PM
T-MINUS

Quote:
It's not fear, it's just preparedness.

If a soldier goes into a battle field without a weapon is that not having fear or plain stupidity?

I live in the country, off of a private road. Some of the neighbors that we've had have been less than desirable. There was a former neighbor that got in trouble for harboring an escaped con and was also dabbling in distribution of controlled substances. I had very little to do with this guy but he knew without question that if he attempted to enter my property I would end his life. I wasn't operating out of fear, just out of the facts that I had and knowledge that his fear of me gave me the upper hand. A gun was merely the tool that he saw me using. Had he entered my property with the intent to cause harm and a hammer was the closest thing to me, I'd have used that instead.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #41 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 04:11 PM
Secular Dogooderist

But, it's preparedness inspired by fear.

This is a very fundamental understanding of the human psyche at play when we acknowledge the fact that it is fear that drives you to protect yourself. Plain and simple. You see things happen to other people and think, hey, I don't want that to happen to me. So you prepare yourself, out of fear that those things may one day happen to you. I don't understand the reluctance to admit to fear in this situation, as it is clearly the soil out of which the whole phenomenon of gun ownership and concealed carry permits grows. It's a very basic human emotion, definitely nothing to be ashamed of.

I'll be the first to admit it, I'm fucking scared sometimes, and I know I'd feel better if I had a pistol in my possession. We are all fearful at one time or another, and it's gotta be a good feeling to reach down and brush the heavy metal in your wasteband when your walking down that dark street at 3 am, regardless of whether or not you ever use it. This is simple negative feedback on the gun-owners part, an all too familiar phenomenon when it comes to human self-preservation.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
post #42 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 04:54 PM
Metric Wrench

That is like saying you have tools because you are afraid that your car will break. Is wrench owneship preparedness inspired by fear? Nope, it is just a good idea.
post #43 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 05:08 PM
que?

i got/use a seatbelt in my car cause i'm scared

post #44 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 05:30 PM
makin' bacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nestromo
That is like saying you have tools because you are afraid that your car will break. Is wrench owneship preparedness inspired by fear? Nope, it is just a good idea.
No shit, you don't put life jackets on a fishing boat because you fear you will drown each time you un-dock it, you do it as a precaution.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky

post #45 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 05:32 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
fucking brilliant!

post #46 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 05:36 PM
mannish boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
But, it's preparedness inspired by fear.

This is a very fundamental understanding of the human psyche at play when we acknowledge the fact that it is fear that drives you to protect yourself. Plain and simple. You see things happen to other people and think, hey, I don't want that to happen to me. So you prepare yourself, out of fear that those things may one day happen to you. I don't understand the reluctance to admit to fear in this situation, as it is clearly the soil out of which the whole phenomenon of gun ownership and concealed carry permits grows. It's a very basic human emotion, definitely nothing to be ashamed of.

I'll be the first to admit it, I'm fucking scared sometimes, and I know I'd feel better if I had a pistol in my possession. We are all fearful at one time or another, and it's gotta be a good feeling to reach down and brush the heavy metal in your wasteband when your walking down that dark street at 3 am, regardless of whether or not you ever use it. This is simple negative feedback on the gun-owners part, an all too familiar phenomenon when it comes to human self-preservation.
so is buckling your seatbelt... totally fear driven... simple negative feedback and allowing fear to control your life
post #47 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 05:50 PM
Secular Dogooderist

Quote:
You wouldn't need tools if your car had never broken and you didn't expect it to require tools to get the job done.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
post #48 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 06:26 PM
Metric Wrench

Quote:
You wouldn't need tools if your car had never broken and you didn't expect it to require tools to get the job done.
You would still need the tools. Just because it had never broken does not mean that it will never break, and it is always better to be prepared.
post #49 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 07:02 PM
Married Man on 14Feb2010

post #50 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 07:26 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Quote:

dude you are completely right!

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
Sponsored Links
Advertisement