Obama's Spiritual leader: "God d#mn America." - DFWstangs Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 123 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 10:44 AM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush
 
HookEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Saginaw, TX
Posts: 10,011
Obama's Spiritual leader: "God d#mn America."

The first thread needed an emema.


http://www.michaelsavage.com/jeramiah-speech.html
http://www.michaelsavage.com/jeramiah-speech-two.html

This is the "spiritual advisor" of the man who wants to be PResident? This guy is a friggin nut, and these comments are a window to Barack's soul: Very telling.
By Jeff Goldblatt

CHICAGO - Barack Obama’s controversial pastor and the church he’s served for 36 years may be in hot water over statements he has made from the pulpit in support of the Illinois senator’s run for the White House.

The Rev. Jeremiah Wright Jr. preaches that he follows the righteous path, but when it comes to the federal tax law, his Trinity United Church of Christ may have crossed the line.

Although Wright delivered what was billed as his final sermon last month on his path to retirement, prior to his departure he delivered commentary from the pulpit now being scrutinized in which he praised Obama.

“There is a man here who can take this country in a new direction,” Wright said during his Jan. 13 sermon, according to recordings obtained by FOX News.

It was not the first time Wright appeared to endorse Obama, who was baptized at Trinity United, has been an active member of the church for two decades and receives spiritual mentorship from Wright.

The title of Obama’s second book, “The Audacity of Hope,” was taken from a sermon by Wright.

During a Christmas sermon, Wright tried to compare Obama’s upbringing to Jesus at the hands of the Romans.

“Barack knows what it means living in a country and a culture that is controlled by rich white people,” Wright said. “Hillary would never know that.

“Hillary ain’t never been called a nigger. Hillary has never had a people defined as a non-person.”

In his Jan. 13 sermon, Wright said:

“Hillary is married to Bill, and Bill has been good to us. No he ain’t! Bill did us, just like he did Monica Lewinsky. He was riding dirty.”

FOX News purchased the video recordings of Wright’s sermons from the church.

“It’s pretty clear an indirect endorsement of Barack Obama - that’s not something you’re supposed to do according to the tax code,” said Andrew Walsh, a professor at Trinity College who specializes in religion in politics.

The tax code bans churches from participating in or intervening in a political campaign. Violations can result in the loss of a church’s tax exempt status.

The Obama campaign issued a statement in response to FOX News’ inquiries about Wright’s sermons.

“Senator Obama has said repeatedly that personal attacks such as this have no place in this campaign or our politics, whether they’re offered from a platform at a rally or the pulpit of a church,” said Bill Burton, a campaign spokesman.

“Senator Obama does not think of the pastor of his church in political terms. Like a member of his family, there are things he says with which Senator Obama deeply disagrees.”

Click here to visit Trinity United Church of Christ Web site.

Obama defended Wright’s longtime activism for blacks in America last week at a campaign event in Ohio.

“Jeremiah Wright … has said some things that are considered controversial because he’s considered that part of his social gospel,” Obama said.

The Internal Revenue Service wouldn’t comment on whether it is looking into potential tax violations at Trinity United. The church declined to make Wright available for an interview.

Congregant Dwight Hopkins, a professor of Theology at the University of Chicago, said there is no basis for the IRS to go after the church.

“From the church side they will say it’s theology,” said. “If it wasn’t a senator running for president and it wasn’t his church, then I think we could say all kinds of things.”

The IRS has written dozens of letters warning churches against political advocacy from the pulpit. Yet it has revoked a church’s tax-exempt status only twice in the last half-century.

Walsh said it’s not typical for the IRS to enforce the rules.

“There’s a tension here between the desires of the religious leaders to say important things in the public marketplace and the IRS rules, and so most of the time, the IRS does not enforce these rules,” Walsh said.

The public scrutiny of these sermons comes in the wake of last month’s revelation by the head of the United Church of Christ that the IRS is investigation a speech Obama gave at the denomination’s national conference last year in Connecticut.

In a certified letter, Marsha Ramirez, IRS director, EO Examinations, wrote:

“Our concerns are based on articles posted on several Web sites including the church’s which state the United States Presidential Candidate Senator Barack Obama addressed nearly 10,000 church members gathered at the United Church of Christ’s biennial General Synod at the Hartford Civic Center, on June 23, 2007. In addition, 40 Obama volunteers staffed campaign tables outside the center to promote his campaign.”

The church and the Obama campaign have denied that any inappropriate political advocacy occurred during this speech.

Wright’s sermons often address themes of white supremacy and black repression, and critics have called them racially divisive.

Some remarks attributed to Wright that have been posted on the Internet and cited in press accounts include:

“Fact number one: We’ve got more black men in prison than there are in college.

“Fact number two: Racism is how this country was founded and how this country is still run.

“We are deeply involved in the importing of drugs, the exporting of guns and the training of professional killers. … We believe in white supremacy and black inferiority and believe it more than we believe in God. … We conducted radiation experiments on our own people. … We care nothing about human life if the ends justify the means.

“And … And … And! God! Has got! To be sick! Of this shit!”

Click here to hear an audio clip of the Rev. Jeremiah Wright Jr. WARNING: Contains offensive language.

Once Wright’s remarks were widely publicized last year, Obama backed out of his plans for his pastor to speak at his Feb. 10 presidential announcement.

Obama met Wright after college while working with local churches in Chicago to tackle problems of drug abuse and unemployment in inner-city neighborhoods. Wright preached an Afrocentric theology that interpreted the Bible through shared suffering of African Americans.

For Obama, this experience was a spiritual turning point. He has written that he had been exposed to various faiths during his life but never formally adopted one until after meeting Wright.

“Inside the thousands of churches across the city, I imagined the stories of ordinary black people merging with the stories of David and Goliath, Moses and Pharaoh, the Christians in the lion’s den, Ezekiel’s field of dry bones,” he wrote in his memoir, “Dreams From My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance.”

“Those stories - of survival, and freedom, and hope - became our story, my story.”

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[



Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
HookEm is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 123 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 10:48 AM
IA2
 
mikeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 22,413
Another "reverend" that seems to be at odds with the scriptures as I understand them. God is going to have a field day with him (and the others) for twisting up the Word and acting as false prophets.
mikeb is offline  
post #3 of 123 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 11:27 AM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb
Another "reverend" that seems to be at odds with the scriptures as I understand them. God is going to have a field day with him (and the others) for twisting up the Word and acting as false prophets.
Right. If you think this world is more divided and at arms with each other than ever before, you ought to see it from a believer's standpoint!!!!!!!!

I'm about to start the popcorn. Seriously. 11:59 right here, right now. I wish most could be as exited as others, but sadly, they don't know or understand what's coming (or at least think they do, but don't). If y'all thought that the times of the Bible were historic, you're about to be in for a shocker.
Denny is offline  
 
post #4 of 123 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 01:30 PM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
The Dems are putting on the happy faces for all the news shows, but they have to know how much trouble the party is in now.

This is only going to get worse IMO.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #5 of 123 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 02:48 PM
Secular Dogooderist
 
Zarathustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Hive
Posts: 3,031
Thumbs down

say no to censorship!

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
Zarathustra is offline  
post #6 of 123 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 02:54 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,017
This is great seeing Obama implode
Mr Majestyk is offline  
post #7 of 123 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 03:19 PM
Lifer
 
futant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 1,664
It's hard to believe there are people in today's society that believe this obviously racially motivated BS.
The guy hates white people. He hates everything about them, even though most of all of these issues don't exist anymore. He even blames white people for having *SENT* a disporportionate number of black people to jail.
Never mind the fact that it's really money that helps your defense in court by having competent counsel.
Yet , do you see white people everywhere driving around with 22" rims on their car? Even though they live in subsidized housing?

Hell, I've even worked for employers that hire minoritys for diversity reasons. Many people do.
The tables have turned. Racists still exist, I just don't know any white people who are genuinely racists.
The pastor appears to be a pure racist. Blaming everything on white people or america as a whole. What a joke.
Congrats! Democrats . Obamas your guy .
Stick with that shit.

79 K5 blazer, 6" lift 38x15" tires d44/12b lockers and chromoly axles ,6.2L GM diesel - Waste Vegetable Oil conversion - cross over steering,14"SAW nitrogen shocks, beefed shackles, shackle flip, winch/ bumpers, diff covers.

94 CBR 600 naked, handbraked, -1 +3 sprockets, one wheel operation mod

"I'm sorry, nothing quite says, "F- You, I'm from Texas" like an all-business, stripped-down K5."
futant is offline  
post #8 of 123 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 03:41 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Majestyk
This is great seeing Obama implode
...and with the release of Hillary's White House itinerary from '93-'00, it's not looking much better for her. It seems she was in the White House while Monica was huffing Bill's choad, and that she basically didn't do shit as the first lady. They DID show, however, that she was seeing folks (she and Bill's brother's), concerning private matters during the time-frame (Dec. '99) that Bill was about to give out some "questionable" pardons...

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #9 of 123 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 07:01 PM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
...and with the release of Hillary's White House itinerary from '93-'00, it's not looking much better for her. It seems she was in the White House while Monica was huffing Bill's choad, and that she basically didn't do shit as the first lady. They DID show, however, that she was seeing folks (she and Bill's brother's), concerning private matters during the time-frame (Dec. '99) that Bill was about to give out some "questionable" pardons...
It is really nice to see that what alot of people thought about Obama, and now Hillary, is going to be readily available in definitive proof.

Neither are worthy for various reasons already documented.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #10 of 123 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 07:40 PM
Secular Dogooderist
 
Zarathustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Hive
Posts: 3,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90 Notch
Good thing we all agree with eachother--now we can move forward...

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
Zarathustra is offline  
post #11 of 123 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 09:24 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Carrollton, Tx.
Posts: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
Right. If you think this world is more divided and at arms with each other than ever before, you ought to see it from a believer's standpoint!!!!!!!!

I'm about to start the popcorn. Seriously. 11:59 right here, right now. I wish most could be as exited as others, but sadly, they don't know or understand what's coming (or at least think they do, but don't). If y'all thought that the times of the Bible were historic, you're about to be in for a shocker.
+1 Truely is sad Denny.
Up0n0ne is offline  
post #12 of 123 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 10:01 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Carrollton, Tx.
Posts: 207
He stands up there and preaches this hate against America and white people for slavery umong other things. He went back in time and continues to pound this bigotry into peoples head, but fails to look back just a tad bit further in history.
Where it teaches that Africans sold Africans into slavery for the benefit of Muslim countries.
They used to have this in high school history books, used too.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlanti...lantic_systems
Does this justify slavery, absolutely not!

Wright preaches hate, and continues to spew out his garbage. You can't go to a "church" like this and serve, be a member, support, get guidance, etc. etc. for over 20 years and not have the same beliefs.

I honestly don't know what Bible he is preaching from, but it most certainly isn't the Holy Bible.
Up0n0ne is offline  
post #13 of 123 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 10:04 PM
Secular Dogooderist
 
Zarathustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Hive
Posts: 3,031
very very faulty premises, sir.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
Zarathustra is offline  
post #14 of 123 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 10:15 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 5,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Up0n0ne
He stands up there and preaches this hate against America and white people for slavery umong other things. He went back in time and continues to pound this bigotry into peoples head, but fails to look back just a tad bit further in history.
Where it teaches that Africans sold Africans into slavery for the benefit of Muslim countries.
They used to have this in high school history books, used too.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlanti...lantic_systems
Does this justify slavery, absolutely not!

Wright preaches hate, and continues to spew out his garbage. You can't go to a "church" like this and serve, be a member, support, get guidance, etc. etc. for over 20 years and not have the same beliefs.

I honestly don't know what Bible he is preaching from, but it most certainly isn't the Holy Bible.
Sometimes pointing out spelling errors are a bit trite. But "umong"? Seriously?

I'm not saying you're an idiot or anything. But it's hard to take your opinions seriously, when you think "among" is spelled with a "u".

I'm surprised you didn't say "amung", because at least a "u" kinda fits there, phonetically.
gpamp is offline  
post #15 of 123 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 10:35 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Arlington, Texas
Posts: 753
Isn’t it a shame that your candidate’s shortcomings have reduced your role in political discussions to pointing out spelling errors? So very weak.
blownragtop is offline  
post #16 of 123 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 11:27 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 5,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by blownragtop
Isn’t it a shame that your candidate’s shortcomings have reduced your role in political discussions to pointing out spelling errors? So very weak.
Funny you say that.

I was thinking about pointing out the fact that McCain is obviously such a worthless candidate that the only political chance he has, is to make everyone else look like terrorists, in order for him to win.

Keep at it. Maybe he'll sleep with a lobbyist.
gpamp is offline  
post #17 of 123 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 11:28 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 5,816
As an aside, this thread is pointing to Michael Savage's site.

Savage once said, and I wrote it down when I heard it, "Compassion and understanding are the roads to hell."

I think he was quoting Jesus.
gpamp is offline  
post #18 of 123 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 11:40 PM
IA2
 
mikeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 22,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
very very faulty premises, sir.
Wrong.

One of the Pharisees tested Jesus with a question, "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" (Matthew 22:36 NIV). Jesus replied, " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:37-40 NIV).

Where is the hate again? I just don't see it Except that reverend Wright seems to be teaching against these commandments.
mikeb is offline  
post #19 of 123 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 08:58 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Arlington, Texas
Posts: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp
I was thinking about pointing out the fact that McCain is obviously such a worthless candidate that the only political chance he has, is to make everyone else look like terrorists, in order for him to win.

Keep at it. Maybe he'll sleep with a lobbyist.
Oh… such bitterness and rancor from the party that promises to ‘turn the page’ and ‘change’ Washington. Or is your own disillusionment getting the better of you? To a dispassionate observer the rankings of the candidates are quite clear:

1. McCain
2. Six foot pile of cat shit
3. Clinton
4. Obama

Sorry you fell for all the empty rhetoric of a bigot like Obama. You need to let go of your liberal guilt, pull off the blinders and take a look at the world around you.

Do you really believe that America needs a president whose life had been so fixated around the concepts of racial identity and racial solidarity? Do you really believe it’s possible to end the divisiveness in this country while still promoting the liberal notion of multiculturalism?

It is my most fervent hope that my daughter will grow up in a country where she’ll never have to refer to herself as ‘mixed’ – or make a choice between a box labeled ‘white’ or ‘Asian’. But as long as the Democratic party continues to use race as a political ax with which to hew the electorate into tidy (and overly simplistic) little collectives then we as a nation will fail to make any real or lasting social progress. I just wish that you – and candidate Obama – could see that.
blownragtop is offline  
post #20 of 123 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 11:39 AM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush
 
HookEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Saginaw, TX
Posts: 10,011
He said it in reference to the way we handle Muslim extremist groups.
and he was DEAD ON.


Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp
As an aside, this thread is pointing to Michael Savage's site.

Savage once said, and I wrote it down when I heard it, "Compassion and understanding are the roads to hell."

I think he was quoting Jesus.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[



Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
HookEm is offline  
post #21 of 123 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 07:03 PM
Secular Dogooderist
 
Zarathustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Hive
Posts: 3,031
You're damn right.

If we don't address their grievances nothing will get solved.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
Zarathustra is offline  
post #22 of 123 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 08:43 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush
 
HookEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Saginaw, TX
Posts: 10,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
You're damn right.

If we don't address their grievances nothing will get solved.

dude you are completely right!
We should TOTALLY give in to the demands of the PLO, Al Queda, Hamas, et al. 9/11 could have been avoided if we had only given them as they wanted!

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[



Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
HookEm is offline  
post #23 of 123 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 08:48 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
dude you are completely right!
We should TOTALLY give in to the demands of the PLO, Al Queda, Hamas, et al. 9/11 could have been avoided if we had only given them as they wanted!
We should cut to the chase and kill all of them. They will kill us if we don't. "The meek shall inherit the earth", but the one's that kick everyone else's ass will control it while we're here.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #24 of 123 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 10:26 PM
IA2
 
mikeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 22,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
You're damn right.

If we don't address their grievances nothing will get solved.
True story.
mikeb is offline  
post #25 of 123 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 07:58 PM
Secular Dogooderist
 
Zarathustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Hive
Posts: 3,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
dude you are completely right!
We should TOTALLY give in to the demands of the PLO, Al Queda, Hamas, et al. 9/11 could have been avoided if we had only given them as they wanted!
Hey, it's the surface feeder!

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
Zarathustra is offline  
post #26 of 123 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 08:11 PM
makin' bacon
 
Stevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Longview,TX
Posts: 5,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp
But... did she sleep with lobbyists?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp
Keep at it. Maybe he'll sleep with a lobbyist.
Wow, you democrats might want to get to digging on McCain if this is all the dirt you have, because Obama is digging his own political grave, and there are so many skeletons in Hillary's closet it looks like a sequel to 'The Night of the Living Dead'...

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky


Stevo is offline  
post #27 of 123 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 12:30 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 5,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo
Wow, you democrats might want to get to digging on McCain if this is all the dirt you have, because Obama is digging his own political grave, and there are so many skeletons in Hillary's closet it looks like a sequel to 'The Night of the Living Dead'...

Stevo
Skeletons are one thing, but McCain didn't even know the difference between Shi-ite & Sunni Muslims. I think that has more relevance to the safety of our nation than where someone goes to church.

And the screwin' lobbyists thing isn't going to help anyone but John McCain's pecker, and the interests that said lobbyist is representing.
gpamp is offline  
post #28 of 123 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 12:52 PM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp
Skeletons are one thing, but McCain didn't even know the difference between Shi-ite & Sunni Muslims. I think that has more relevance to the safety of our nation than where someone goes to church.

And the screwin' lobbyists thing isn't going to help anyone but John McCain's pecker, and the interests that said lobbyist is representing.
Have you commented on your choice appointing a 20 year long hate-filled racist as an advisor, even though he called for Imus to be fired after a single comment, before you go after McCain making a mistake on a speech sick fuck?

Are you still having the dreams or do you think about it all day sick fuck?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #29 of 123 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 01:20 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Arlington, Texas
Posts: 753
Well you can hardly fault McCain for not being the authority on Islam that Obama is.

McCain’s ignorance of Muslim sects is scarcely a security threat and certainly not in juxtaposition to Obama’s ‘white flag’ foreign policy. So in that context your right – it doesn’t matter where Obama goes to church; his naïve take on the Middle East (and other areas) is reason enough to consider him unfit for the Presidency. In this respect he reminds me a great deal of Jimmy Carter.

I do, however, think that a man can be measured by the company he keeps. So yes, Reverend Wright’s comments do reflect poorly on Obama in light of his 20 year affiliation.

Just curious – as an ardent Obama supporter have you read Michelle Obama’s senior thesis? It’s somewhat revealing as well.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0208/8642.html
blownragtop is offline  
post #30 of 123 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 02:12 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 5,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90 Notch
Have you commented on your choice appointing a 20 year long hate-filled racist as an advisor, even though he called for Imus to be fired after a single comment, before you go after McCain making a mistake on a speech sick fuck?

Are you still having the dreams or do you think about it all day sick fuck?
So... you're highlighting a difference between a preacher, who's not running for president, and a guy who's running for president, who doesn't know the difference between Shi-ite and Sunni Muslims, while we're at war in a place where the majority of the population is either/or?

Remember when you used to say "Ann Coulter isn't running for president"? Thinking that I was comparing her to one of the candidates in 2004? Well, this is the same. I realize you think of him as an "adviser" or "advisor" (haha), but how can you be sure that Obama feels that way? I mean, sure, it would server your purpose (McCain victory) to assume it until it seems a reality, but you're not in his mind. Same as I'm not in McCain's mind. Maybe it was a slip in a speech. Maybe McCain doesn't even know that Iraq is in the middle east. Maybe Alzheimer's has set in. Why don't we just assume that, until the majority of the country believes he's unfit to serve. Sounds like a good tactic, right?

I'm still trying to figure out if you have "Are you still having the dreams, or do you think about it all day sick fuck?" copied onto your clipboard, so you can just paste it everywhere.

It kinda sounds like you're hitting on me. It's a little creepy.
gpamp is offline  
post #31 of 123 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 02:18 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 5,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by blownragtop
Well you can hardly fault McCain for not being the authority on Islam that Obama is.

McCain’s ignorance of Muslim sects is scarcely a security threat and certainly not in juxtaposition to Obama’s ‘white flag’ foreign policy. So in that context your right – it doesn’t matter where Obama goes to church; his naïve take on the Middle East (and other areas) is reason enough to consider him unfit for the Presidency. In this respect he reminds me a great deal of Jimmy Carter.

I do, however, think that a man can be measured by the company he keeps. So yes, Reverend Wright’s comments do reflect poorly on Obama in light of his 20 year affiliation.

Just curious – as an ardent Obama supporter have you read Michelle Obama’s senior thesis? It’s somewhat revealing as well.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0208/8642.html
In 1985, she said that there is a distinct black culture, and a distinct white culture? She said that Ivy League schools had been known to be racially conservative???

Oh Jesus. She's a racist. Or a philosopher. Those are amazing finds if they're true. I wonder if anyone will ever believe it was true at one point.

Boy. You were right. That was insightful.

And by saying "Well you can hardly fault McCain for not being the authority on Islam that Obama is.", were you acknowledging that you actually believed the smear-emails? Most people know those were inaccurate and false. If you believe them, I'm not sure I can consider your post credible, in the least.
gpamp is offline  
post #32 of 123 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 02:34 PM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp
So... you're highlighting a difference between a preacher, who's not running for president, and a guy who's running for president, who doesn't know the difference between Shi-ite and Sunni Muslims, while we're at war in a place where the majority of the population is either/or?.
I don't care that he went to a church that had a hate-filled racist as a minister. I don't really care that he chose him to marry him and his wife or baptize his children all that much, although I can surely see where there are legitimate concerns with his judgment having made those decisions.

I do have a major problem with him calling for Imus to be fired for one racial joke gone bad and then appointing the racist hate-filled minister as an advisor on his Presidential campaign, don't you sick fuck? LOL, I have seen some pretty hypocritical liberals ignore this question, so I can only imagine how bad you will avoid it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp
Remember when you used to say "Ann Coulter isn't running for president"? Thinking that I was comparing her to one of the candidates in 2004? Well, this is the same. I realize you think of him as an "adviser" or "advisor" (haha), but how can you be sure that Obama feels that way? I mean, sure, it would server your purpose (McCain victory) to assume it until it seems a reality, but you're not in his mind. Same as I'm not in McCain's mind. Maybe it was a slip in a speech. Maybe McCain doesn't even know that Iraq is in the middle east. Maybe Alzheimer's has set in. Why don't we just assume that, until the majority of the country believes he's unfit to serve. Sounds like a good tactic, right?

I'm still trying to figure out if you have "Are you still having the dreams, or do you think about it all day sick fuck?" copied onto your clipboard, so you can just paste it everywhere.

It kinda sounds like you're hitting on me. It's a little creepy.
WTF is "would server your" supposed to mean sick fuck?

Are you still having dreams about child molestation or do you think about it all day long sick fuck? Are you happy I changed it sick fuck?

BTW sick fuck, this just in from dictionary.com:

ad·vis·er /ædˈvaɪzər/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ad-vahy-zer] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun 1. one who gives advice.
2. Education. a teacher responsible for advising students on academic matters.
3. a fortuneteller.

Also, ad·vi·sor.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #33 of 123 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 05:03 PM
makin' bacon
 
Stevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Longview,TX
Posts: 5,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp
McCain didn't even know the difference between Shi-ite & Sunni Muslims. .
That is all the ammo you have? That's the great new hope the demos have in the mud-slinging game? Yeah, run with that.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky


Stevo is offline  
post #34 of 123 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 10:08 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Arlington, Texas
Posts: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp
In 1985, she said that there is a distinct black culture, and a distinct white culture? She said that Ivy League schools had been known to be racially conservative???

Oh Jesus. She's a racist. Or a philosopher. Those are amazing finds if they're true. I wonder if anyone will ever believe it was true at one point.

Boy. You were right. That was insightful.
Let me help you out - since you obviously didn’t bother to read it…
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle Obama
Earlier in my college career, there was no doubt in my mind that as a member of the Black community I was somehow obligated to this community and would utilize all of my present and future resources to benefit this community first and foremost. My experiences at Princeton have made me far more aware of my “Blackness” than ever before. I have found that at Princeton no matter how liberal and open-minded some of my White professors and classmates try to be toward me, I sometimes feel like a visitor on campus: as if I really don’t belong. Regardless of the circumstances underwhich I interact with Whites at Princeton, it often seems as if, to them, I will always be Black first and a student second.

These experiences have made it apparent to me that the path I have chosen to follow by attending Princeton will likely lead to my further integration and/or assimilation into a White cultural and social structure that will only allow me to remain on the periphery of society; never becoming a full participant. This realization has presently made my goals to actively utilize my resources to benefit the Black community more desirable.
Black first - where else have we heard this?

Here’s her definition of Black Power. Any of this sound familiar?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle Obama
Stokely Carmichael and Charles Hamilton’s (1967) developed definitions of separationism in their discussion of Black Power which guided me in the formulation and use of this concept in this study.

"The concept of Black Power rests on the fundamental premise: Before a group can enter the open society, it must close ranks. By this we mean that group solidarity is necessary before a group can operate effectively from a bargaining position of strength in a pluralistic society."
Here’s her definition of an ‘Uncle Tom’. She must have been smiling when Harry Belafonte called Colin Powell a house nigger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle Obama
However, with the increasing integration of Blacks into the mainstream society, many “integrated Blacks” have lost touch with the Black culture in their attempts to become adjusted and comfortable in their new culture – the White culture. Some of these Blacks are no longer able to enjoy the qualities which make the Black culture so unique or are unable to openly share their culture with other Blacks because they have become so far removed from these experiences and, in some instances, ashamed of them as a result of their integration.
This isn’t really relevant – but Native Americans will no doubt find this little bit of racial myopia funny…
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle Obama
Elements of Black culture which make it unique from White culture such as its music, its language, the struggles and a “consciousness” shared by its people may be attributed to the injustices and oppressions suffered by this race of people which are not comparable to the experiences of any other race of people through this country’s history.
When Michelle Obama says that she has never been proud of America – that’s not a misstatement – it’s a reflection of her belief that America is a WHITE country that she is not a part of.

I reject her notion of a monolithic White culture – this country IS a melting pot. The AMERICAN CULTURE is an assimilation. It’s ignorant at best to believe that white Americans (and their immigrant forbearers) are a homogenous collective. But then again – maybe we all look (and act) alike to her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp
And by saying "Well you can hardly fault McCain for not being the authority on Islam that Obama is.", were you acknowledging that you actually believed the smear-emails? Most people know those were inaccurate and false. If you believe them, I'm not sure I can consider your post credible, in the least.
Correct me if I’m wrong but Obamma had a Muslim father, a Muslim stepfather, attended a Muslim school for some period of time and then visited Kenya to discover his African/Muslim heritage. If by nothing more than osmosis he would pick up some knowledge of Muslim tradition. And since when did being Muslim equate to being “smeared”? I guess for you it doesn’t matter what church Obama attends so long as he’s not a ‘dirty Muslim.

In the end I think it would sweet sweet irony if the one thing that keeps Obama from winning the White House is the revelation of his paranoid belief in an all pervasive and exclusionary White culture.
blownragtop is offline  
post #35 of 123 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 10:55 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 5,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by blownragtop
Let me help you out - since you obviously didn’t bother to read it…

Black first - where else have we heard this?
Reading comprehension 101. You obviously saw "black first" and got scared for your family or something. You missed the part where, at the beginning of the sentence, it says "...it often seems as if, to them, I will always be black first and a student second."

I mean, sure, make it sound like she's putting black people first, by quoting TWO WORDS from two paragraphs. Clever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blownragtop
Here’s her definition of Black Power. Any of this sound familiar?
Ok... so she quoted a guy, for a thesis she wrote in college. Some people do research for their thesis. She didn't say it was "her definition", but it was nice of you to fill her mouth with words. She gave Stokely Carmichael and Charles Hamilton’s definition of separatism (not "Black Power"), and then said "...which guided me in the formulation and use of this concept in this study."

Note the word "study". Not "belief system."

I was going to continue showing how you misinterpreted the ENTIRE thing, but then I realized I'd be repeating myself. She was a BLACK COLLEGE STUDENT telling how it felt to be a BLACK COLLEGE STUDENT in a predominately WHITE COLLEGE, and how it felt being a BLACK WOMAN or "MINORITY". The paper is obviously a social commentary, that says things from her perspective, and also gives researched ideas. Not a personal creed, as some theses are.

I'll definitely respond to your other scared-white postings, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blownragtop
When Michelle Obama says that she has never been proud of America – that’s not a misstatement – it’s a reflection of her belief that America is a WHITE country that she is not a part of.
Really? You got that, out of that? Don't you think, perhaps, that she didn't feel like she was in the majority, while she was at Princeton? I think that's what she was trying to get across. I mean... I guess it's better to say "she hates 'merka!!", because it's better for your party. But still... it's kinda harsh, don't you think? Plus, it makes you look a little ignorant, honestly. I didn't even read it the first time, but I understood it more accurately than yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blownragtop
I reject her notion of a monolithic White culture – this country IS a melting pot. The AMERICAN CULTURE is an assimilation. It’s ignorant at best to believe that white Americans (and their immigrant forbearers) are a homogenous collective. But then again – maybe we all look (and act) alike to her.
I STILL don't get what the hell you're trying to say. Or where you're getting the notions you're getting. She said, in the last quote you quoted her, that Black culture is rooted in the injustices that have been suffered by the black people, while living in America. IT'S TRUE, dude. Seriously. Early 1900's, black people still sang spiritual songs that were about being slaves! Just like my family eats a ton of potatoes because my ancestors were Irish. It's not that insane to believe. Slavery did happen. And it was an injustice. Black people were treated as 2nd class citizens in the 60's, which isn't so far back. It's not hard to believe that their culture is somewhat based on that.

And that's all she was saying in that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blownragtop
Correct me if I’m wrong but Obamma had a Muslim father, a Muslim stepfather, attended a Muslim school for some period of time and then visited Kenya to discover his African/Muslim heritage. If by nothing more than osmosis he would pick up some knowledge of Muslim tradition. And since when did being Muslim equate to being “smeared”? I guess for you it doesn’t matter what church Obama attends so long as he’s not a ‘dirty Muslim.
It equates being "smeared" if he said "I'm not Muslim" and a campaign is released that says "he's Muslim!" It's also "smearing" because there are a large percentage that believe as steve does, with his sig as their only basis for what Islam is. "Everything I need to know about Islam, I learned on September 11." Which is unfortunate, because no one says "Everything I need to know about Christianity, I learned from the Salem Witch Trials."

Quote:
Originally Posted by blownragtop
In the end I think it would sweet sweet irony if the one thing that keeps Obama from winning the White House is the revelation of his paranoid belief in an all pervasive and exclusionary White culture.
I dunno, man. After reading this post, it kinda sounds like you're scared of some kind of "black takeover". You make it sound as though you're being just as oppressed as a black slave, just by reading a 23 year old college thesis.

Calm down, man.
gpamp is offline  
post #36 of 123 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 11:11 PM
makin' bacon
 
Stevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Longview,TX
Posts: 5,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp


It equates being "smeared" if he said "I'm not Muslim" and a campaign is released that says "he's Muslim!" It's also "smearing" because there are a large percentage that believe as steve does, with his sig as their only basis for what Islam is. "Everything I need to know about Islam, I learned on September 11." Which is unfortunate, because no one says "Everything I need to know about Christianity, I learned from the Salem Witch Trials."

Keep my name out of your posts unless you are quoting my posts. You do not know me, so do not try to add me into ANY stereotypical groups.

As for your comment made above, if in four hundred years the acts committed on 9-11 prove to be caused by anyone other than islamic terrorists, then you can make that statement, until that happens it is null.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky


Stevo is offline  
post #37 of 123 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 11:40 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 5,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo
Keep my name out of your posts unless you are quoting my posts. You do not know me, so do not try to add me into ANY stereotypical groups.

As for your comment made above, if in four hundred years the acts committed on 9-11 prove to be caused by anyone other than islamic terrorists, then you can make that statement, until that happens it is null.

Stevo
Sorry about that. I'll quote you.

<--that's what I was referring to.

And I'm not saying that it WASN'T Islamic terrorists. But it's also wrong to assume that ALL Muslims are anything other than peaceful. Just like, you can't assume that all Christians kill doctors, just because an extreme Christian, anti-abortionist might.

I was merely pointing out that a lot of people feel the way about Islam as your sig does.
gpamp is offline  
post #38 of 123 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 11:45 PM
makin' bacon
 
Stevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Longview,TX
Posts: 5,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp
I was merely pointing out that a lot of people feel the way about Islam as your sig does.
Then I suspect you will be editing the post you made that claimed :

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp
It's also "smearing" because there are a large percentage that believe as steve does
... as it is not what you just claimed to be trying to say.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky


Stevo is offline  
post #39 of 123 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 11:49 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush
 
HookEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Saginaw, TX
Posts: 10,011
A more correct quote would be "Everything I need to know about Puritanism, I learned from the Salem Witch Trials."

As far as a large % believing as Stevo does, maybe it's because the Koran charges Muslims with going out and wiping the infidels, the Jews, the Christians, and the Pagans, from the face of the Earth?

"Believers, take neither Jews nor Christians for your friends." (Surah 5:51)
"Make war on them until idolatry shall cease and God's religion shall reign supreme." (Surah 8:36-)

"Fight against such as those to whom the Scriptures were given [Jews and Christians]...until they pay tribute out of hand and are utterly subdued." (Surah 9:27-)


"Prophet make war on the unbelievers and the hypocrites and deal rigorously with them. Hell shall be their home." (Surah 9:73) "Believers, make war on the infidels who dwell around you. Deal firmly with them." (Surah 9:121-)

"Muhammad is God's apostle. Those who follow him are ruthless to the unbelievers but merciful to one another." (Surah 48:29)


Nah, no reason to beleive 9/11 is a reflection of true Islam......
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp


It equates being "smeared" if he said "I'm not Muslim" and a campaign is released that says "he's Muslim!" It's also "smearing" because there are a large percentage that believe as steve does, with his sig as their only basis for what Islam is. "Everything I need to know about Islam, I learned on September 11." Which is unfortunate, because no one says "Everything I need to know about Christianity, I learned from the Salem Witch Trials."


.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[



Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
HookEm is offline  
post #40 of 123 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 12:00 AM
Metric Wrench
 
Nestromo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Watauga, Texas
Posts: 1,714
[QUOTE=mikeb]God is going to have a field day with him (and the others) for twisting up the Word...QUOTE]

Because they don't subscribe to the books of the Bible that were chosen by the most powerful sects of Christianity for inclusion hundreds of years after the death of Christ?
Nestromo is offline  
post #41 of 123 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 12:05 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 5,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
A more correct quote would be "Everything I need to know about Puritanism, I learned from the Salem Witch Trials."

As far as a large % believing as Stevo does, maybe it's because the Koran charges Muslims with going out and wiping the infidels, the Jews, the Christians, and the Pagans, from the face of the Earth?

"Believers, take neither Jews nor Christians for your friends." (Surah 5:51)
"Make war on them until idolatry shall cease and God's religion shall reign supreme." (Surah 8:36-)

"Fight against such as those to whom the Scriptures were given [Jews and Christians]...until they pay tribute out of hand and are utterly subdued." (Surah 9:27-)


"Prophet make war on the unbelievers and the hypocrites and deal rigorously with them. Hell shall be their home." (Surah 9:73) "Believers, make war on the infidels who dwell around you. Deal firmly with them." (Surah 9:121-)

"Muhammad is God's apostle. Those who follow him are ruthless to the unbelievers but merciful to one another." (Surah 48:29)


Nah, no reason to beleive 9/11 is a reflection of true Islam......
Puritans were Christians. Same with Catholicism. It's all Christianity. And Christians burned people at stakes, if they heard them talking to themselves, back then.

And if Islam is that horrific, then why are we over there trying to "spread democracy"? We should send Pat Robertson or someone over there, to bring them all to Christ, right?
gpamp is offline  
post #42 of 123 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 12:12 AM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush
 
HookEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Saginaw, TX
Posts: 10,011
No one argued otherwise. However, to say Puratins represent Christianity as a whole is about as nutty as claiming moderate Muslims represent Islam as a whole.

And as far as your comments about Islam, those are your words in judgement of their holy book. Don't really know what to say.


Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp
Puritans were Christians. Same with Catholicism. It's all Christianity. And Christians burned people at stakes, if they heard them talking to themselves, back then.

And if Islam is that horrific, then why are we over there trying to "spread democracy"? We should send Pat Robertson or someone over there, to bring them all to Christ, right?

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[



Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
HookEm is offline  
post #43 of 123 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 12:39 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 5,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
No one argued otherwise. However, to say Puratins represent Christianity as a whole is about as nutty as claiming moderate Muslims represent Islam as a whole.

And as far as your comments about Islam, those are your words in judgement of their holy book. Don't really know what to say.
No, it's my words, verbalizing your insinuation.

You can try and make it sound like I said that. But that doesn't, all of the sudden, cause your argument to hold any water.

It's still just you, trying to turn my words against me, because you have no valid point.
gpamp is offline  
post #44 of 123 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 12:42 AM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush
 
HookEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Saginaw, TX
Posts: 10,011
Sorry you feel that way.

God bless you.


Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp
No, it's my words, verbalizing your insinuation.

You can try and make it sound like I said that. But that doesn't, all of the sudden, cause your argument to hold any water.

It's still just you, trying to turn my words against me, because you have no valid point.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[



Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
HookEm is offline  
post #45 of 123 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 12:47 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 5,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
Sorry you feel that way.

God bless you.
Sorry? Why?

I nailed it. I said exactly what you were trying to do. You're either sorry because you care about my feelings, or you're sorry because I figured it out. My money's on the later.

Its cute, too, because by saying "sorry you feel that way", you aren't saying "yep. that's what I was doing" or "no, you've got it all wrong." And by me, simply posting this, you look like the good guy, because you posted "God bless you" after it.

Well done, sir.
gpamp is offline  
post #46 of 123 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 01:07 AM
Metric Wrench
 
Nestromo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Watauga, Texas
Posts: 1,714
Fuck all you sons of bitch pieces of shit. I hope you all burn in hell.

God bless.
Nestromo is offline  
post #47 of 123 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 01:12 AM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush
 
HookEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Saginaw, TX
Posts: 10,011
And a Happy Easter to you, too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nestromo
Fuck all you sons of bitch pieces of shit. I hope you all burn in hell.

God bless.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[



Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
HookEm is offline  
post #48 of 123 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 01:16 AM
Metric Wrench
 
Nestromo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Watauga, Texas
Posts: 1,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
And a Happy Easter to you, too?
Happy fucking Easter, I hope you enjoyed a wonderful day with your family and had a lot of good laughs and made some great memories that you will cherish for a long time.
Nestromo is offline  
post #49 of 123 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 06:52 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp
Puritans were Christians. Same with Catholicism. It's all Christianity. And Christians burned people at stakes, if they heard them talking to themselves, back then.

And if Islam is that horrific, then why are we over there trying to "spread democracy"? We should send Pat Robertson or someone over there, to bring them all to Christ, right?
Islam isn't that horrific. It's the bastardization of it that's horrific. Learn about it sometime, if you're capable that is.
Mr Majestyk is offline  
post #50 of 123 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 08:42 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 5,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Majestyk
Islam isn't that horrific. It's the bastardization of it that's horrific. Learn about it sometime, if you're capable that is.
See? You're doing it, too.

HookEm insinuated that Islam, as a whole, was responsible for 9/11 and things of that nature, by posting a bunch of scripture from the Qua-ran and then saying, sarcastically, "Nah, no reason to believe 9/11 is a reflection of true Islam..."

I said, verbalizing his insinuation, "well, if Islam is so horrific (which is what he was insinuating), then why aren't we on a crusade for Jesus over there, instead of a war on terrorism?"

I know it's the bastardization of Islam that's horrific. Which is why I said that saying they're the same, is like saying all abortion-clinic bombers are a reflection of true Christianity.
gpamp is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome