The privacy deficit - DFWstangs Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 185 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 06:09 PM Thread Starter
Secular Dogooderist
 
Zarathustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Hive
Posts: 3,031
Thumbs down The privacy deficit

Fairly decent read, found it in the local paper...
linkography

"Most of the surveillance is being done by machines, with no human poring over the data collected. Take, for example, the British company Phorm, whose software observes virtually every site a person visits to compile a profile for advertisers. When the person arrives at a Web site using Phorm's services, his or her profile will determine which ads the site displays. Phorm says it retains no data on individuals, yet it doesn't ask Internet users' permission to watch their movements."

"The government's scrutiny may prove to be vital to national security. Yet it would be easier to accept if the courts were peering over the Bush administration's shoulder, preventing the National Security Agency from indiscriminately gathering data on Internet use in the hope of finding a needle of suspicious activity within the haystack of mundane chatting and browsing. Otherwise, the notion that the NSA might be monitoring e-mails and page views isn't comforting; it's creepy."

This kind of makes me think twice about using my debit card and typing my financially delicate information into my computer. With the relatively recent uprising in adware, spyware, keystroke monitoring and tracking bugs, and all the electronic personal data being thrown around carelessly this is kind of scary if you ask me.

Anyone else feel like big brother is looking over your shoulder after reading this?

No need to go searching for the tinfoil hat pictures. I've seen them all

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
Zarathustra is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 185 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 11:00 PM
Metric Wrench
 
Nestromo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Watauga, Texas
Posts: 1,714
On the subject of tinfoil hats, what is the most effective method of folding a good tinfoil hat? Or does it need to be crinkely to function properly?
Nestromo is offline  
post #3 of 185 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 11:40 PM
Recovering Lush
 
HookEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Saginaw, TX
Posts: 10,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nestromo
On the subject of tinfoil hats, what is the most effective method of folding a good tinfoil hat? Or does it need to be crinkely to function properly?


Instructions

Difficulty: Easy

Things You’ll Need:
  • Two Sheets of Aluminum Foil
  • Five or Six Feet of Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil
  • Scissors
  • Tape
  • Pencil or Ball Point Pen
  • Rope, Twine, Ribbon or Other Material to Tie Hat on Head
Make an Emergency Tin Foil Hat

Step 1:
Grab a couple of pieces of aluminum foil. The ones in the trash that were used to cover leftover casseroles or wrap fresh fish will do just fine.

Step 2:
Place one piece of aluminum foil on your head from front to back.

Step 3:
Mash the foil down to conform to the shape of your head and fit as snugly as possible.

Step 4:
Take the second piece of aluminum foil and place across the top of the head from ear to ear.

Step 5:
Mash the second piece of foil down over the first piece making a quick tin foil hat that probably won't hold up for long but will do in a pinch.

Step 6:
Stand the two pieces of foil up and fold over at each end to make a cone shaped hat. This hat design will take a little more time, but is worth the extra effort.

Step 7:
Place the tin cone on the head and mash it all together above the head to seal out dangerous rays and deflect mind control waves outward.

Make a Basic Tinfoil Hat

Step 1:
Find five or six feet of heavy duty aluminum foil.

Step 2:
Fold the aluminum foil several times, making a 12 inch square with the shiny side out.

Step 3:
Cut the foil from one side to the center in a straight line.

Step 4:
Bend the foil with one side under the other to make a cone shape, leaving the shiny side showing.

Step 5:
Place the cone shaped tin foil hat on the head and adjust the fit by mashing the foil against the head.

Step 6:
Tape the cut you made in the foil securely closed.

Step 7:
Punch holes in each side of the hat with a pencil, ball point pen or tip of scissors.

Step 8:
Place rope, twine, ribbon or any other string-like material through the holes and tie snugly under the chin.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[



Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
HookEm is offline  
 
post #4 of 185 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 10:08 AM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
I have nothing to hide and someone steals my CC info and buys something, I'm covered. It's worth all the trouble to possibly stop another 9/11-type event.








I love sleeping soundly at night.
Denny is offline  
post #5 of 185 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 10:10 AM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
I have nothing to hide and someone steals my CC info and buys something, I'm covered. It's worth all the trouble to possibly stop another 9/11-type event.








I love sleeping soundly at night.


But you have to agree that some of this shit is going just a bit too far. By 2015, 'privacy' will only exist in stories grandparents tell their grandkids.
bcoop is offline  
post #6 of 185 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 10:15 AM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
But you have to agree that some of this shit is going just a bit too far. By 2015, 'privacy' will only exist in stories grandparents tell their grandkids.
If you want to talk about staying courses, 2015 will not even exist. Today's threat to privacy breach ratio is getting further and further apart. 9/11 has been a huge lesson learned for our national security. So much that you couldn't even imagine what has been stopped (and never will).
Denny is offline  
post #7 of 185 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 10:21 AM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffrazr
I got a real good lesson on what has been avoided and how many plots have been attempted during a course I had to go thru hauling some of the materials that I hauled as a truck driver. It was definitely an eye opener to the details most citizens have no clue about.
Right. Granted, there are many other things *cough*airport screeners*cough* that were put in place just for perception, but if it stops ONE incident, then it's a total success.
Denny is offline  
post #8 of 185 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 10:22 AM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
If you want to talk about staying courses, 2015 will not even exist.

Am I missing something? Are you saying we'll all be gone by 2015?
bcoop is offline  
post #9 of 185 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 10:26 AM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
Am I missing something? Are you saying we'll all be gone by 2015?
Staying this course. I honestly believe so.
Denny is offline  
post #10 of 185 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 10:27 AM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
Staying this course. I honestly believe so.


Off topic, but if you truly believe we'll all be gone in 7 years, why are you still having kids? That's a little personal, and you don't have to answer if you don't want to, Denny.
bcoop is offline  
post #11 of 185 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 10:30 AM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
Off topic, but if you truly believe we'll all be gone in 7 years, why are you still having kids? That's a little personal, and you don't have to answer if you don't want to, Denny.
They'll be taken care of. You should know my faith by now. The youth and innocent won't have anything to worry about. I think it's less than 7 years and more than 3.5 years.
Denny is offline  
post #12 of 185 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 10:31 AM
Aspiring Bean Counter.
 
Slowhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howard Johnson's Earthlight Room
Posts: 12,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
I have nothing to hide and someone steals my CC info and buys something, I'm covered. It's worth all the trouble to possibly stop another 9/11-type event.








I love sleeping soundly at night.
bingo.

Slowhand is offline  
post #13 of 185 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 02:51 PM Thread Starter
Secular Dogooderist
 
Zarathustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Hive
Posts: 3,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
They'll be taken care of. You should know my faith by now. The youth and innocent won't have anything to worry about. I think it's less than 7 years and more than 3.5 years.
Bingo.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris

Last edited by Zarathustra; 03-20-2008 at 03:18 PM.
Zarathustra is offline  
post #14 of 185 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 02:54 PM
Pushed to the limit
 
PWTRTXSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In the shadow of a big mountain
Posts: 4,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
Right. Granted, there are many other things *cough*airport screeners*cough* that were put in place just for perception, but if it stops ONE incident, then it's a total success.
I think stopping ALL incidents would make it a total success.

Buying dogs kills.
PWTRTXSS is offline  
post #15 of 185 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 03:27 PM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWTRTXSS
I think stopping ALL incidents would make it a total success.
Right, but logically speaking, that's impossible.
Denny is offline  
post #16 of 185 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 03:27 PM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
Bingo.
Typical.
Denny is offline  
post #17 of 185 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 03:27 PM Thread Starter
Secular Dogooderist
 
Zarathustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Hive
Posts: 3,031
Ok, so we're supposed to be alright with government agencies, foreign or not, monitoring our every move on the internet? Seems like we would be laying down and sitting idle while the powers that be scrutinize and regulate our every action. I am not alright with that. I will not stand around and watch everything that those who came before us fought and died for swirl down the drain. Personal privacy is evaporating, what's next?

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
Zarathustra is offline  
post #18 of 185 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 03:29 PM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
Ok, so we're supposed to be alright with government agencies, foreign or not, monitoring our every move on the internet? Seems like we would be laying down and sitting idle while the powers that be scrutinize and regulate our every action. I am not alright with that. I will not stand around and watch everything that those who came before us fought and died for swirl down the drain. Personal privacy is evaporating, what's next?
Are you willing to give up security for privacy? Your priorities are fucked. Severely.
Denny is offline  
post #19 of 185 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 03:39 PM
Banned
 
aceman85turbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: If I listened to you, i would have a mustang just like yours!
Posts: 1,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
Ok, so we're supposed to be alright with government agencies, foreign or not, monitoring our every move on the internet? Seems like we would be laying down and sitting idle while the powers that be scrutinize and regulate our every action. I am not alright with that. I will not stand around and watch everything that those who came before us fought and died for swirl down the drain. Personal privacy is evaporating, what's next?
Govenment motitoring > Plane crashing into my house.
aceman85turbo is offline  
post #20 of 185 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 03:39 PM Thread Starter
Secular Dogooderist
 
Zarathustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Hive
Posts: 3,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
Are you willing to give up security for privacy? Your priorities are fucked. Severely.
Define Security.

How are we not secure? What does security mean to you?

Our security is flying out the window right now, and you're just sitting pretty watching it all happen!! My priorities are fucked? How do you figure?


Advance some arguments instead of just asking questions. Put your thoughts into deduction and say something with substance. I'm sure you're capable.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
Zarathustra is offline  
post #21 of 185 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 03:40 PM Thread Starter
Secular Dogooderist
 
Zarathustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Hive
Posts: 3,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceman85turbo
Govenment motitoring > Plane crashing into my house.
A plane crashing into your house? Are you serious?

Now THAT, is paranoia.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
Zarathustra is offline  
post #22 of 185 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 03:47 PM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
Define Security.

How are we not secure? What does security mean to you?

Our security is flying out the window right now, and you're just sitting pretty watching it all happen!! My priorities are fucked? How do you figure?


Advance some arguments instead of just asking questions. Put your thoughts into deduction and say something with substance. I'm sure you're capable.
I have said it before with plenty of substance on here. Your slective reading is eventually going to be your demise on here.

If you think for one second that you're secure, then you've played right into the terrorists trap, as we all did back in 2001. Do you realize how many people there are in this country, among us, that want nothing more than to create total chaos like just a handful of fuckers did that day? Not counting their sympathizers and supporters who are also located here. We have so many sleeper cells among us, it's truely got Homeland Security scared shitless. Everyday that there isn't an incident, Homeland Security doesn't look at it as a victory that they've accomplished; they see it as another lucky day. Truth is, all our resources are on their heals and they're doing a bang-up job not to show it publically.
Denny is offline  
post #23 of 185 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 03:52 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
I have said it before with plenty of substance on here. Your slective reading is eventually going to be your demise on here.

If you think for one second that you're secure, then you've played right into the terrorists trap, as we all did back in 2001. Do you realize how many people there are in this country, among us, that want nothing more than to create total chaos like just a handful of fuckers did that day? Not counting their sympathizers and supporters who are also located here. We have so many sleeper cells among us, it's truely got Homeland Security scared shitless. Everyday that there isn't an incident, Homeland Security doesn't look at it as a victory that they've accomplished; they see it as another lucky day. Truth is, all our resources are on their heals and they're doing a bang-up job not to show it publically.
Save your breath, Denny. He's so busy being a hateful piece of shit, he doesn't have the time to listen or reason with anyone. He already knows every fucking thing there is to know at the ripe old age of 23...

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #24 of 185 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 03:54 PM Thread Starter
Secular Dogooderist
 
Zarathustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Hive
Posts: 3,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
Your priorities are fucked. Severely.
My priorities are fucked??!?

This is coming from the very embodiment of cognitive dissonance?

You're the one that's convicted in the fact that the world will end within the decade, only to continue to bring more children into the world, justifying the fact that they'll be okay because they're innocent. The bible says they will go to hell, because they have not names jesus christ as their saviour. So to combat this you must employ a streamline indoctrination process aimed at proselytizing your children to save them from eternal damnation. You are the most selfish parent I have ever come into any sort of contact with. You are literally stealing their lives from your children, and you actually feel justified in doing so!

I feel very, very sorry for your children.

Your 'faith' is the most pronounced concentrated form of stupidity known to mankind. Only one day, I hope, human nature will be purged from such devolved mental crippling such as that which you hold so dear. Mankind can not survive with religion today, as it is. This perpetual sickness surely can not be without an antidote, I'm confident that collective human thought and cognition will far surpass this handicap in the future.

I hope all you people get taken to your 'heaven'. The world will be a MUCH better place without you ALL. The death of religion is upon us, I think that is what you're referring to when you say, that we will not exist by 2015. I will, but I hope to your god that he takes you away from this earth, regardless of where you go. Take all the rest of them with you too. The earth does not need you people of religion to destroy it anymore

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
Zarathustra is offline  
post #25 of 185 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 03:55 PM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
Save your breath, Denny. He's so busy being a hateful piece of shit, he doesn't have the time to listen or reason with anyone. He already knows every fucking thing there is to know at the ripe old age of 23...
If I give up on ANYONE, I've failed them. Also, there are several others reading who just might get something out of my repetitiveness.

<---Hopeless hopeful
Denny is offline  
post #26 of 185 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
Secular Dogooderist
 
Zarathustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Hive
Posts: 3,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
Save your breath, Denny. He's so busy being a hateful piece of shit, he doesn't have the time to listen or reason with anyone. He already knows every fucking thing there is to know at the ripe old age of 23...
Same old song from you, huh? I'm the hateful one? Why can't you address me?

Difference is I'M rationally inclined, and you peole turn away form reason intentionally!

I dare you to raise some argument in my direction. I dare you.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
Zarathustra is offline  
post #27 of 185 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 04:00 PM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
My priorities are fucked??!?

This is coming from the very embodiment of cognitive dissonance?

You're the one that's convicted in the fact that the world will end within the decade, only to continue to bring more children into the world, justifying the fact that they'll be okay because they're innocent. The bible says they will go to hell, because they have not names jesus christ as their saviour. So to combat this you must employ a streamline indoctrination process aimed at proselytizing your children to save them from eternal damnation. You are the most selfish parent I have ever come into any sort of contact with. You are literally stealing their lives from your children, and you actually feel justified in doing so!

I feel very, very sorry for your children.

Your 'faith' is the most pronounced concentrated form of stupidity known to mankind. Only one day, I hope, human nature will be purged from such devolved mental crippling such as that which you hold so dear. Mankind can not survive with religion today, as it is. This perpetual sickness surely can not be without an antidote, I'm confident that collective human thought and cognition will far surpass this handicap in the future.

I hope all you people get taken to your 'heaven'. The world will be a MUCH better place without you ALL. The death of religion is upon us, I think that is what you're referring to when you say, that we will not exist by 2015. I will, but I hope to your god that he takes you away from this earth, regardless of where you go. Take all the rest of them with you too. The earth does not need you people of religion to destroy it anymore
Are you dictating my faith to me?!?! Jeez, most of these people make fun of your ignorance, but I pity it. Children, mentally ill, people who have never been reached, etc. Basically anyone who doesn't have a chance to accept or reject Christ as their Savior isn't damned to hell. You should have asked my beliefs before telling me that I'm going against what I believe. You are one of the elite posters on this board that can single-handedly lose an arguement with yourself.
Denny is offline  
post #28 of 185 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 04:01 PM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
Same old song from you, huh? I'm the hateful one? Why can't you address me?

Difference is I'M rationally inclined, and you peole turn away form reason intentionally!

I dare you to raise some argument in my direction. I dare you.
You do well enough against that brick wall over there.
Denny is offline  
post #29 of 185 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 04:05 PM Thread Starter
Secular Dogooderist
 
Zarathustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Hive
Posts: 3,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
I have said it before with plenty of substance on here. Your slective reading is eventually going to be your demise on here.

If you think for one second that you're secure, then you've played right into the terrorists trap, as we all did back in 2001. Do you realize how many people there are in this country, among us, that want nothing more than to create total chaos like just a handful of fuckers did that day? Not counting their sympathizers and supporters who are also located here. We have so many sleeper cells among us, it's truely got Homeland Security scared shitless. Everyday that there isn't an incident, Homeland Security doesn't look at it as a victory that they've accomplished; they see it as another lucky day. Truth is, all our resources are on their heals and they're doing a bang-up job not to show it publically.
There were so many grammatical and spelling errors in that i wasn't sure if it was actually an adult typing.

Are you serious? The terrorists trap? This illusion in your simple mind has only served to make you even weaker, sir. These sleeper cells you speak of are the very ones operating these massive databases that literally steal your every electronic action. These E-terrorists are the real problem here, and nothing is being done to stop them. The government has not moved to regulate a single aspect of internet worms. They're completely uncontrollable.

I will not give up my rights to ensure this illusory abstract feeling of 'security'. You're into laying down your rationality in the name of abstract un-REAL forms of real objects. You base your reality on illusions which you'll never properly see with those eyes in your head.

Your mind is crippled by faith and fear.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
Zarathustra is offline  
post #30 of 185 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 04:07 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
Same old song from you, huh? I'm the hateful one? Why can't you address me?

Difference is I'M rationally inclined, and you peole turn away form reason intentionally!

I dare you to raise some argument in my direction. I dare you.
You already know everything, so there is no arguing with you. You respond with hate instead of answers, anyway. I'll let Denny have his fun...

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #31 of 185 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 04:07 PM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
There were so many grammatical and spelling errors in that i wasn't sure if it was actually an adult typing.
Translation... this is the best reply I can give since Denny's post makes more sense than mine.
Denny is offline  
post #32 of 185 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 04:08 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
Translation... this is the best reply I can give since Denny's post makes more sense than mine.
See what I mean? He's a child.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #33 of 185 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 04:08 PM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
Are you serious? The terrorists trap? This illusion in your simple mind has only served to make you even weaker, sir. These sleeper cells you speak of are the very ones operating these massive databases that literally steal your every electronic action. These E-terrorists are the real problem here, and nothing is being done to stop them. The government has not moved to regulate a single aspect of internet worms. They're completely uncontrollable.

I will not give up my rights to ensure this illusory abstract feeling of 'security'. You're into laying down your rationality in the name of abstract un-REAL forms of real objects. You base your reality on illusions which you'll never properly see with those eyes in your head.

Your mind is crippled by faith and fear.
Says the Persian-American
Denny is offline  
post #34 of 185 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 04:09 PM Thread Starter
Secular Dogooderist
 
Zarathustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Hive
Posts: 3,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
Are you dictating my faith to me?!?! Jeez, most of these people make fun of your ignorance, but I pity it. Children, mentally ill, people who have never been reached, etc. Basically anyone who doesn't have a chance to accept or reject Christ as their Savior isn't damned to hell. You should have asked my beliefs before telling me that I'm going against what I believe. You are one of the elite posters on this board that can single-handedly lose an arguement with yourself.
You can't even ARGUE!

If you do not believe what I have said, shame on your for calling yourself a christian. Your christianity apparently molds to the ebbs and flows of your own cognition. DO you even really know a THING about what being a christian is?

You're the very antithesis of pious, for one.

For two, your hypocrisy makes me want to throw up.

And third, your reasoning clearly contradicts your religious teachings

Fourth, I speak on what I know of christianity. If I'm so wrong, prove it.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
Zarathustra is offline  
post #35 of 185 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
Secular Dogooderist
 
Zarathustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Hive
Posts: 3,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
Says the Persian-American
No rebuttal?

Nothing?

Why can't you form some decent arguments and shoot them back at me?

I know why, because your religion does no require reasons for believing--You just do.

Either offer up some refutation or opposition or lay down and take a loss.

You're really bad at this...

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
Zarathustra is offline  
post #36 of 185 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 04:12 PM
Recovering Lush
 
HookEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Saginaw, TX
Posts: 10,011
If there is no God, why do you have so much hate? You don't believe...your loss, but why spend so much time screaming at the top of your lungs that He doesn't exist? Wishing death on people? Really?



Why would a rational being expend so much hate, bitterness and anger toward something that, in his mind, doesn't exist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
My priorities are fucked??!?

This is coming from the very embodiment of cognitive dissonance?

You're the one that's convicted in the fact that the world will end within the decade, only to continue to bring more children into the world, justifying the fact that they'll be okay because they're innocent. The bible says they will go to hell, because they have not names jesus christ as their saviour. So to combat this you must employ a streamline indoctrination process aimed at proselytizing your children to save them from eternal damnation. You are the most selfish parent I have ever come into any sort of contact with. You are literally stealing their lives from your children, and you actually feel justified in doing so!

I feel very, very sorry for your children.

Your 'faith' is the most pronounced concentrated form of stupidity known to mankind. Only one day, I hope, human nature will be purged from such devolved mental crippling such as that which you hold so dear. Mankind can not survive with religion today, as it is. This perpetual sickness surely can not be without an antidote, I'm confident that collective human thought and cognition will far surpass this handicap in the future.

I hope all you people get taken to your 'heaven'. The world will be a MUCH better place without you ALL. The death of religion is upon us, I think that is what you're referring to when you say, that we will not exist by 2015. I will, but I hope to your god that he takes you away from this earth, regardless of where you go. Take all the rest of them with you too. The earth does not need you people of religion to destroy it anymore

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[



Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
HookEm is offline  
post #37 of 185 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 04:13 PM Thread Starter
Secular Dogooderist
 
Zarathustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Hive
Posts: 3,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
You already know everything, so there is no arguing with you. You respond with hate instead of answers, anyway. I'll let Denny have his fun...
I represent reason and logic, the likes of which are not known to you and your dear friend. Employing his faith and mental handicaps will only lead to his demise in arguments with me. I have shown this to be true many times, and have already done it again here.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
Zarathustra is offline  
post #38 of 185 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 04:13 PM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
You can't even ARGUE!

If you do not believe what I have said, shame on your for calling yourself a christian. Your christianity apparently molds to the ebbs and flows of your own cognition. DO you even really know a THING about what being a christian is?

You're the very antithesis of pious, for one.

For two, your hypocrisy makes me want to throw up.

And third, your reasoning clearly contradicts your religious teachings

Fourth, I speak on what I know of christianity. If I'm so wrong, prove it.
Where to begin... it's like trying to convince a retard that he's not retarded.

From what you know about Christianity... obviously it's not enough or you'd be a believer in Christ. Faith has nothing to do with proof and everything to do with trust and hope. That's the beauty of it. I know I shouldn't be laughing at your poor little retarded ass, but I'm only human.
Denny is offline  
post #39 of 185 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 04:15 PM
IA2
 
mikeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 22,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
Same old song from you, huh? I'm the hateful one? Why can't you address me?

Difference is I'M rationally inclined, and you peole turn away form reason intentionally!

I dare you to raise some argument in my direction. I dare you.
With you, it is nothing but arguing. You like it, and do your best to stir the pot. With reasonable people there is reasoned discussion with give and take on each side until a consensus is reached. You rarely ever admit to being wrong about anything, but revel in trying to put down everyone else to elevate yourself in the discussion. Your usual responses include "i'm right, you're wrong, i'm rational and wise and smart, you are sheep, prove yourself to me" etc. as evidenced by the response above. Soon enough people will simply stop responding to your posts I expect, since you cannot reason with an unreasonable person.
mikeb is offline  
post #40 of 185 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 04:15 PM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
I represent reason and logic, the likes of which are not known to you and your dear friend. Employing his faith and mental handicaps will only lead to his demise in arguments with me. I have shown this to be true many times, and have already done it again here.
I represent my faith, which others can clearly see it for what it is. Your "logic and reason" has everyone scratching their head, even if they don't agree with me.
Denny is offline  
post #41 of 185 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 04:16 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
I represent reason and logic, the likes of which are not known to you and your dear friend. Employing his faith and mental handicaps will only lead to his demise in arguments with me. I have shown this to be true many times, and have already done it again here.
From what you've shown us here, your "logic and reason" could fit in a thimble...

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #42 of 185 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 04:16 PM Thread Starter
Secular Dogooderist
 
Zarathustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Hive
Posts: 3,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
If there is no God, why do you have so much hate? You don't believe...your loss, but why spend so much time screaming at the top of your lungs that He doesn't exist? Wishing death on people? Really?



Why would a rational being expend so much hate, bitterness and anger toward something that, in his mind, doesn't exist?
I never wished death on anyone. I only ask that that which he lives for is granted to him.--Eternal salvation from the ugly reality that earthlings must endure.

Because so many people believe in it, and it's absolutely detrimental to life on earth. This is the way of christianity, to have dominion over nature, only to be exalted in the next life. I know a thing or two about christianity, I don't just speak on a whim. Christianity takes that which cultivates, supports, and makes life worth living and makes it wrong, makes it sinful to use your senses in such a way that it is pleasing to the body. Collective human thought has already far surpassed, there's just those few stubborn people out there that refuse to turn toward rationality in their thinking.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
Zarathustra is offline  
post #43 of 185 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 04:17 PM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
No rebuttal?

Nothing?

Why can't you form some decent arguments and shoot them back at me?

I know why, because your religion does no require reasons for believing--You just do.

Either offer up some refutation or opposition or lay down and take a loss.

You're really bad at this...
That was all I needed to say in the post you quoted. I know you know where I'm getting at. Your obvious dance around it screams "Denny might be on to something here!"
Denny is offline  
post #44 of 185 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 04:17 PM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
From what you've shown us here, your "logic and reason" could fit in a thimble...
See what I mean, Zara?
Denny is offline  
post #45 of 185 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 04:18 PM Thread Starter
Secular Dogooderist
 
Zarathustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Hive
Posts: 3,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
I represent my faith, which others can clearly see it for what it is. Your "logic and reason" has everyone scratching their head, even if they don't agree with me.
Exactly!!!

Good, then my words are doing their duty.

We must all scratch our heads!

We must inquire further into the REAL meaning of life. The real reason we're here. Not just cop out and use an age-old, twisted revelation for our justification of life on this beautiful planet of ours.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
Zarathustra is offline  
post #46 of 185 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 04:19 PM
Recovering Lush
 
HookEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Saginaw, TX
Posts: 10,011


Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
I represent reason and logic, the likes of which are not known to you and your dear friend. Employing his faith and mental handicaps will only lead to his demise in arguments with me. I have shown this to be true many times, and have already done it again here.
If you beleive as you claim to, the amount of energy expended by you on this subject would be akin to myself spending this type of effort on attacking people that believe in Santa.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[



Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
HookEm is offline  
post #47 of 185 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 04:19 PM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
I never wished death on anyone. I only ask that that which he lives for is granted to him.--Eternal salvation from the ugly reality that earthlings must endure.

Because so many people believe in it, and it's absolutely detrimental to life on earth. This is the way of christianity, to have dominion over nature, only to be exalted in the next life. I know a thing or two about christianity, I don't just speak on a whim. Christianity takes that which cultivates, supports, and makes life worth living and makes it wrong, makes it sinful to use your senses in such a way that it is pleasing to the body. Collective human thought has already far surpassed, there's just those few stubborn people out there that refuse to turn toward rationality in their thinking.
I knew you really didn't know about Christianity. I'm not glad I'm right, though.
Denny is offline  
post #48 of 185 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 04:21 PM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
Exactly!!!

Good, then my words are doing their duty.

We must all scratch our heads!

We must inquire further into the REAL meaning of life. The real reason we're here. Not just cop out and use an age-old, twisted revelation for our justification of life on this beautiful planet of ours.
Your meaning of life is to put the perfect fold in the taco shell. Mine is to establish the perfect personal relationship with God based on my faith. I'm envious of you.
Denny is offline  
post #49 of 185 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 04:22 PM Thread Starter
Secular Dogooderist
 
Zarathustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Hive
Posts: 3,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
That was all I needed to say in the post you quoted. I know you know where I'm getting at. Your obvious dance around it screams "Denny might be on to something here!"
Not at all, sure you're on to something. But hey! Poeple have been on to that for the last 2k years or so! It's time for progress, rethinking, regrouping, forward movement. Religion still hangs onto our ankles and cries because it does not want to be lost to history. People still need religion, collectively.

Denny, you and I share a common view here that has not been illuminated.

Staying this course will only end in our own demise. You and I will only be an afterthought following the mess we as humans would get ourselves into. The culprit here is OBVIOUSLY religion!

How can you not see that religion all over the world seems to be the largest contributor to evil and bloodshed--WHEREVER it rears its ugly head?

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
Zarathustra is offline  
post #50 of 185 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 04:23 PM Thread Starter
Secular Dogooderist
 
Zarathustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Hive
Posts: 3,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
Your meaning of life is to put the perfect fold in the taco shell. Mine is to establish the perfect personal relationship with God based on my faith. I'm envious of you.
The meaning of my life is to turn people away from this mental crippling you suffer from. It won't be easy, but history will prove me correct in the end.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
Zarathustra is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome