Troubling information regarding Obama - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 06:35 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Troubling information regarding Obama

Snopes confirms Obama as a member of the Trinity United Church of Christ. On their home page, the following is listed:

Quote:
We are a congregation which is Unashamedly Black and Unapologetically Christian...

What if McCain's church had the same thing, with the word white, vice black?

Quote:
Our roots in the Black religious experience and tradition are deep, lasting and permanent. We are an African people, and remain "true to our native land," the mother continent, the cradle of civilization.

Troubling. The man won't wear a flag, or say the pledge, yet he is committed to mother Africa?

Quote:
God has superintended our pilgrimage through the days of slavery, the days of segregation, and the long night of racism. It is God who gives us the strength and courage to continuously address injustice as a people, and as a congregation. We constantly affirm our trust in God through cultural expression of a Black worship service and ministries which address the Black Community.
Do they realize Obama is bi-racial, and not exactly in line with this?
Quote:
  1. A congregation with a non-negotiable COMMITMENT TO AFRICA.
No wonder he doesn't like the pledge.

Quote:

That being said, we acknowledge that this is the National Black Church Week of Prayer For The

Healing of AIDS. All across the country, Black churches will be engaging in ministry and education

around the pandemic of HIV/AIDS that has affected our communities so much. In order to stop

HIV/AIDS, knowing better will help us to do better. Pastor Wright is known to say that the spread

of HIV/AIDS happens in three ways: (1) Blood, (2) Semen, and (3) Ignorance. We would not have

you ignorant. Therefore, the HIV/AIDS Ministry of your church will be hosting events each night

this week to help educate and discuss the affects of HIV/AIDS.

ACTION ITEMS

Attend one of the events sponsored by the HIV/AIDS ministry this week

2. Boycott Wal-Mart & Sams Club

Boycott wal mart and sam's over AIDS? What the.......http://www.tucc.org/upload/tuccbulletin_mar2.pdf

Now, I understand we all worship God in our own way...but what this "church" is doing seems to fly in the face of the purpose of a church. IMHO, a church should, primarily, support her community. While it is important to engage in mission work, why would a church's purpose include indoctrination work for another country?

It doesn't make sense.

Even more disturbing, are comments by Obama's identified spiritual leader, as laid out below:

Quote:
One largely unexamined element of that Africentric theology, though, is the pivotal role that black liberation theologian Dr. James H. Cone,
Quote:
Professor of Systematic Theology, Union Theological Seminary (NYC), and his 1969 book Black Theology & Black Power, have played in the life of that faith community. Examining Cone’s theology may enlighten us on Barack’s political philosophy and Michelle’s recently controversial statement about not having been proud of her country until the favorable reception to her husband’s candidacy.

The Trinity UCC website was updated early this year. Before that, Cone’s book was singled out as required reading for Trinity parishioners who wished to more thoroughly understand the church’s theology and mission. That highlighting was removed. Jason Byassee, of The Christian Century Magazine, wrote this about Cone and Trinity in May, 2007:
“There is no denying, however, that a strand of radical black political theology influences Trinity [UCC]. James Cone, the pioneer of black liberation theology, is a much-admired figure at Trinity. Cone told me that when he’s asked where his theology is institutionally embodied, he always mentions Trinity. Cone’s groundbreaking 1969 book Black Theology and Black Power announced: “The time has come for white America to be silent and listen to black people. . . . All white men are responsible for white oppression. . . . Theologically, Malcolm X was not far wrong when he called the white man ‘the devil.’. . . Any advice from whites to blacks on how to deal with white oppression is automatically under suspicion as a clever device to further enslavement.” Contending that the structures of a still-racist society need to be dismantled, Cone is impatient with claims that the race situation in America has improved. In a 2004 essay he wrote, “Black suffering is getting worse, not better. . . . White supremacy is so clever and evasive that we can hardly name it. It claims not to exist, even though black people are dying daily from its poison” (in Living Stones in the Household of God).”

On the internet you can hear Professor Cone deliver an October 2006 lecture at Harvard Theological Seminary entitled “Strange Fruit: The Cross and the Lynching Tree.” Cone’s stated goal is to “make sense of the Christian Gospel in the face of the horrific suffering of Black people in the U.S.” To do that he links the cross with the lynching tree — for him, they interpret each other. Today, Cone’s 2006 language lacks the initial shock effect he delivered in 1969 by labeling white society as the Antichrist, and the white church as uniformly racist. But, what he wrote in 1969 seems to remain at the core of his theology:

“There is, then, a desperate need for a black theology, a theology whose sole purpose is to apply the freeing power of the gospel to black people under white oppression.”

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 06:40 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

gpamp in 3...2...1... to make some bogus defense for this one.

post #3 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 06:42 PM
Lifer

when any politcal stuff is posted on this board all I see is blah blah blah blah blah. You guys are all idiots i.m.o.

I'll show your president the same respect you showed mine.

post #4 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 06:45 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreedLove
when any politcal stuff is posted on this board all I see is blah blah blah blah blah. You guys are all idiots i.m.o.
There is a specific forum for this, so what's your issue? There are plenty of other forums for you to participate in.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #5 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Maybe don't click the link that takes you to the POLITICAL forum? Just a thought.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #6 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 06:45 PM
Pushed to the limit

He is still gonna be in office next January.

Buying dogs kills.
post #7 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 06:46 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWTRTXSS
I used to think so, but Im beginning to think McCain may win in a Reagan/Mondale type landslide.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #8 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 06:47 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
There is a specific forum for this, so what's your issue? There are plenty of other forums for you to participate in.
Because in every post it's the same thing over and over again. Everyone constantly repeats themselves and no one actually listens to what anyone else has to say. It's pretty ridiculous. Atleast if you're going to argue listen to what the other side has to say not just completely dismiss it like everyone does in these threads. The same argument is going to be had, just like it was in the other 50 obama sucks threads. Don't y'all think it's gotten quite beaten down?

post #9 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 06:48 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Hillary is about to bust his ass...unfortunately. His "Brother of Happiness Traveling Show", won't last.

post #10 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 06:50 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Because in every post it's the same thing over and over again. Everyone constantly repeats themselves and no one actually listens to what anyone else has to say. It's pretty ridiculous. Atleast if you're going to argue listen to what the other side has to say not just completely dismiss it like everyone does in these threads. The same argument is going to be had, just like it was in the other 50 obama sucks threads. Don't y'all think it's gotten quite beaten down?

I hadn't seen this information with regards to Obama's allegiance to Africa before here. If you can post the link, I'll gladly delete the thread.

Or, are you just completely dismissing it like everyone does in these threads, because you support Obama?

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #11 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 06:53 PM
Lifer

Quote:
IMO, the entire political scene is a beat-down. But right now, it's a pretty big topic of discussion. I don't think Obama sucks, but I do think we don't know near enough about him to put him into office. I prefer to read as much as I can about all of these knuckleheads, and decipher truth from BS myself.

post #12 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 06:54 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
I hadn't seen this information with regards to Obama's allegiance to Africa before here. If you can post the link, I'll gladly delete the thread.

Or, are you just completely dismissing it like everyone does in these threads, because you support Obama?
I in no way support Obama. The opposite actually, and i've never seen an allegiance to Africa either. I was stating that the same argument takes place in every thread. Someone posts something a few people say how they feel then the same people always end up battling back and forth.

post #13 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 06:57 PM
Lifer

Now I will say though this is by far one of the more interesting threads on the Obama "issue" I guess you would say, that I have read.

post #14 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 07:00 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Quote:
IMO, the entire political scene is a beat-down. But right now, it's a pretty big topic of discussion. I don't think Obama sucks, but I do think we don't know near enough about him to put him into office. I prefer to read as much as I can about all of these knuckleheads, and decipher truth from BS myself.
He seems like all potatoes, and no meat. My wife, usually pretty reserved, calls him
Damien Thorne........

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #15 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 07:35 PM
Pushed to the limit

Quote:
Hillary is about to bust his ass...unfortunately. His "Brother of Happiness Traveling Show", won't last.
I have got 5K that says Obama will be in office in January.

Buying dogs kills.
post #16 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 07:37 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
says the guy whose avatar reads "Fear Tony Stewart."

post #17 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 07:39 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I wouldn't bet that much on anything, least of all, an MLK wanna be. You're either very brave or very wealthy. I'm sure someone would take that bet.

post #18 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 07:39 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHC
says the guy whose avatar reads "Fear Tony Stewart."
Yes because my avatar has anything to do with what I posted in this thread? Nice try though.

post #19 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 07:40 PM
Pushed to the limit

Quote:
I wouldn't bet that much on anything, least of all, an MLK wanna be. You're either very brave or very wealthy. I'm sure someone would take that bet.
It's not gambling when you know what is going to happen.

Buying dogs kills.
post #20 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 07:43 PM
Lifer

Quote:
It's not gambling when you know what is going to happen.
I did notice "professional dreamer" in your profile...

post #21 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 07:45 PM
Pushed to the limit

Quote:
I did notice "professional dreamer" in your profile...
I never gamble. I bet on JKD when a lot of noise was about that SEB was going to crush him. If you want, we can go for $50 if that is more manageable. I have to do paypal as I don't live in DFW.

Buying dogs kills.
post #22 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 07:47 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I never gamble. I bet on JKD when a lot of noise was about that SEB was going to crush him. If you want, we can go for $50 if that is more manageable.
Horserace.com is giving odds right now. I have no interest in betting on the election at this point. It's way too far out.

post #23 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 07:47 PM
PAN

Quote:
You are from Arkansas and you have the nerve to call someone an idiot? Lol at that...
post #24 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 07:48 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox466
You are from Arkansas and you have the nerve to call someone an idiot? Lol at that...
...zing!

post #25 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 07:48 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I've lived in Arkansas for less than a year, and lived in Dallas for 18.

post #26 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 07:56 PM
PAN

Quote:
You don't have a clue on how much I want to call you on that bet.

'Cause while I don't want to believe that America as a whole is not that damned stupied, I can't count 5K on it not being true...
post #27 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 08:01 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

LMAO. Dear Lord, black people can't discriminate against us white folk because no black folks are in a position of power or can economically suppress us.

Once Obama gets in you'll have a case.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
post #28 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 08:03 PM
IA2

Obama will have to moderate his message should he get into the office. He will have to downplay any mention of his affiliation with this church.

He will also find it difficult to implement many of his pie in the sky platform themes he is running on, change will most likely be difficult, especially some of the changes he is promoting.

I have a feeling that a lot of obama supporters may have a second thought when it comes to pulling that lever for real.
post #29 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 08:08 PM
Bitter Italian

Quote:
FRAT
lol

Can you even vote this year?
post #30 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 08:10 PM
Pushed to the limit

Quote:
You don't have a clue on how much I want to call you on that bet.

'Cause while I don't want to believe that America as a whole is not that damned stupied, I can't count 5K on it not being true...
Be glad you didn't because I never specified in which role.

Buying dogs kills.
post #31 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 08:18 PM
Got Lateral G's??

Quote:
pass aroudn that pipe you be smokin'!!!

The muck slinging hasn't even begun to start and Hillary is going to fire the first shots...IMHO... McCain will then piss on the ashes of Obama's campaign and the dems will fly away from Billary because they are worried that bill will be fucking all the interns in the white house because he has NOTHING else better to do!!!!

I see McCain putting Huckabee on as VP, Billary and Obama flapping lips for another 7 weeks burying each other in the process and 8 more years of republicans in the oval office. NOT that it's the end all to fix all of our problems....but at least a stay of all the socialized BS that dems/liberals LOVE to talk about....

Looking for sponsorships for 2010 on the car above... PM for details and schedule.

I'm a mod motor GOD! LOL!
post #32 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 08:20 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

aggie97, in a rational world, you're 100% correct.

However, the people of this country are far from rational, and thus I'm still not ready to rule out that Obama has a very good chance to wind up in office this year...unfortunately.

post #33 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 08:24 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wario
lol

Can you even vote this year?
That doesn't make any sense.......

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #34 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 08:31 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie97
pass aroudn that pipe you be smokin'!!!

The muck slinging hasn't even begun to start and Hillary is going to fire the first shots...IMHO... McCain will then piss on the ashes of Obama's campaign and the dems will fly away from Billary because they are worried that bill will be fucking all the interns in the white house because he has NOTHING else better to do!!!!

I see McCain putting Huckabee on as VP, Billary and Obama flapping lips for another 7 weeks burying each other in the process and 8 more years of republicans in the oval office. NOT that it's the end all to fix all of our problems....but at least a stay of all the socialized BS that dems/liberals LOVE to talk about....
No, what you might see is an Obama/Clinton ticket in November.

As far as the whole mudslinging thing... McCain has a helluva lot more skeltons in the closet.

post #35 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 08:35 PM
Bitter Italian

Quote:
That doesn't make any sense.......
I was told you spent some time "away" last year. Correct me if I'm wrong but can an ex con vote? I've never been to jail so I dont know all the rules.
post #36 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 08:40 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Will we?
According to Obama's foreign policy advisor, neither he nor HRC is ready to answer the 3 AM phone call.....

Obama Aide: Neither Candidate Ready for 3 a.m. Call

By Kate Phillips

Updated As Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton prepares for an afternoon news conference here in Washington, where she is to be surrounded by “military officers,” her campaign has put up a YouTube moment that you can bet will be replayed over and over.

In it, Susan Rice, a foreign policy adviser to Senator Barack Obama, discusses the foreign policy credentials of both Democrats against the tableau of Mrs. Clinton’s 3 a.m. phone call advertisement about who would be best prepared for an international crisis. (While your children are safely asleep.)

“Clinton hasn’t had to answer the phone at three o’clock in the morning and yet she attacked Barack Obama for not being ready,'’ Ms. Rice said. “They’re both not ready to have that 3 a.m. phone call.”

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #37 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 08:43 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Quote:
I was told you spent some time "away" last year. Correct me if I'm wrong but can an ex con vote? I've never been to jail so I dont know all the rules.

I'm not sure where you got your information, but you couldn't be more wrong. In the past year I've been teaching a Sunday School class, adopting a child, and staying clean and sober.

Sadly, I had to go back to work for "the man" as well.....

Who told you I went to jail???

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #38 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 08:58 PM
Got Lateral G's??

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra

As far as the whole mudslinging thing... McCain has a helluva lot more skeltons in the closet.
ah, I am drinking tonight and hoping the nightmare will be different in the morning...

Looking for sponsorships for 2010 on the car above... PM for details and schedule.

I'm a mod motor GOD! LOL!
post #39 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 08:59 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie97
ah, I am drinking tonight and hoping the nightmare will be different in the morning...
LOL. Me too.

post #40 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 09:13 PM
Bitter Italian

Quote:
I'm not sure where you got your information, but you couldn't be more wrong. In the past year I've been teaching a Sunday School class, adopting a child, and staying clean and sober.

Sadly, I had to go back to work for "the man" as well.....

Who told you I went to jail???

Not that dfwstangs is the best place to get info from but.... yeah.
post #41 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 09:21 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Not that dfwstangs is the best place to get info from but.... yeah.
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...A15A6F11871306

That's a blog from last June that pretty much covers it. I am a recovering alcoholic/addict, and as I began my recovery I decided in addition to changing my playmates and playgrounds, I needed a break from the web...well, forums at least.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #42 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 03:39 AM
Factory Issue

I love that every time Malcolm X is brought up, that stupid quote is brought up. After he went on Haj, or whatever that pilgrimage to Mecca is, he came back and started including white people, and really all colors, and that's what got him killed. The fact that anyone would listen to a self-proclaimed "black leader" who brings out the "white men are the devil" quote as though Malcolm believed it his whole life is amazing to me.

Give me a dollar.
post #43 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 07:15 AM
Lifer

Quote:

...and Hillary's left more bodies in her wake, than Sam Peckinpah.

post #44 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 08:42 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
...and Hillary's left more bodies in her wake, than Sam Peckinpah.
Hey, ya' gotta be ruthless to run the Empire.

post #45 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 08:52 AM
Lifer

He's not gonna get it anyways dont know why your worried about it

98 Brokra
post #46 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 09:06 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Hey, ya' gotta be ruthless to run the Empire.
...and THAT is the bottom line.

post #47 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 10:19 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffrazr
Yesterday Hillary hinted at the possibility of Democratic voters being able to have both of them. We have a T.V. here at work and that's where I heard it, but I wasn't able to see what channel it was.

This may be why PWTRTXSS is so certain. If that happens then McCain may need to bring in Condi. Then again, that could be viewed as a weak attempt. I guess it would depend on who did it first.
Obama would have to know he would be a token only. Daddy Bill would be the REAL VP. Talk about a nasty situation. I'm not sure voters would back that ticket.

post #48 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 10:33 AM
makin' bacon

Naw, the libs would eat that up like catfish. They would have a woman, a minority (well, half of one) and the their god Bill all in the presidential office. It would be like some kind of democratic heaven.

Stevoi

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky

post #49 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 01:14 PM
Factory Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo
Naw, the libs would eat that up like catfish. They would have a woman, a minority (well, half of one) and the their god Bill all in the presidential office. It would be like some kind of democratic heaven.

Stevoi
We do not need any part of this equation.

Give me a dollar.
post #50 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmeabeer
I love that every time Malcolm X is brought up, that stupid quote is brought up. After he went on Haj, or whatever that pilgrimage to Mecca is, he came back and started including white people, and really all colors, and that's what got him killed. The fact that anyone would listen to a self-proclaimed "black leader" who brings out the "white men are the devil" quote as though Malcolm believed it his whole life is amazing to me.
Actually... Malcolm X did the whole "white men are the devil" thing for a while, and then, being a member of the Nation of Islam, decided to see what the "Islam" part was about. He went to to Mecca, where he was alongside men of every color, and realized how much more peaceful it should be. He stood up to the Nation of Islam, after that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement