Republicans Voting Democrat - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 118 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 09:52 AM Thread Starter
Bla Bla Bla

Republicans Voting Democrat

So I don't know how truthfull this is but there have been many media stations, Rush Limbaugh etc that have promoted Republicans to vote for the Democratic party they felt McCain could prevail against.

I noticed when voting yesterday that there was crickets at the Republican side and a mad house on the Democrats.

Doesn't this defeat the purpose, I mean yes playing the system but isn't the purpose so that people's vote matter not trying to play the system so McCain gets the best possible outcome. Or is it just me??? Thoughts??

All I hear is bla bla bla......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 118 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 09:55 AM
Lifer

Someone on here has a thread about how they are Republican but voted for Hillary yesterday.

Personally, I think it's bullshit.

post #3 of 118 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 09:55 AM
Out

Damn shame... damn shame! It's just you, BTW. People can do what they want to make their vote count where they feel it'll make most of a difference for their cause. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a Democratic Convention to get ready for

post #4 of 118 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 09:56 AM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by redheadintx
Someone on here has a thread about how they are Republican but voted for Hillary yesterday.

Personally, I think it's bullshit.
I'm just taking your signature to heart
post #5 of 118 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 09:56 AM
Lifer

I know people can do what they want... I just don't agree with it.

post #6 of 118 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 10:00 AM Thread Starter
Bla Bla Bla

I just feel like in a sense its cheating.

post #7 of 118 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 10:02 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyDoesDallas
Bingo! I agree. Maybe I'm just a bitter democrat?

post #8 of 118 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 10:02 AM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by redheadintx
I know people can do what they want... I just don't agree with it.
Well, let's hop into my shoes for a sec...

McCain is getting the Rep nomination no matter what. Hillary and Barak are neck and neck. I could just throw a vote on the Rep side and get the same results if I just sat at home or I can have a chance to vote for someone who I'd like to see McCain run against. Truthfully, of the two, I'd take Hillary. That's the only place where my vote really counted yesterday (both of them). How is that abusing the system?

Now, the part where I was selected to go to the county convention, OK, you got me there
post #9 of 118 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 10:06 AM Thread Starter
Bla Bla Bla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
Well, let's hop into my shoes for a sec...

McCain is getting the Rep nomination no matter what. Hillary and Barak are neck and neck. I could just throw a vote on the Rep side and get the same results if I just sat at home or I can have a chance to vote for someone who I'd like to see McCain run against. Truthfully, of the two, I'd take Hillary. That's the only place where my vote really counted yesterday (both of them). How is that abusing the system?

Now, the part where I was selected to go to the county convention, OK, you got me there

When you say like to see him run against, do you mean think he has a better chance of winning if he runs against her than Barak???

I thik it should be the best two not the second one being the best choice for McCain to win against.

post #10 of 118 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 10:06 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Simple math owns Hillary. She won't be able to close the gap even if she aces all the primaries left.

If Hillary was really about the democratic party and not all into herself she'd admit this and let Obama start planning for November since he'll be there all ready.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
post #11 of 118 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 10:07 AM
AHMO!

Quote:
I feel in a sense it's cheating that people get bussed in from the ghetto to vote for certain candidates etc.

Or people that make big promises for changes and hope but have never said one way to accomlish that.
post #12 of 118 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 10:09 AM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
Simple math owns Hillary. She won't be able to close the gap even if she aces all the primaries left.

If Hillary was really about the democratic party and not all into herself she'd admit this and let Obama start planning for November since he'll be there all ready.
Still a possibility IF neither reaches the delegate count to get the automatic nomination.
post #13 of 118 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 10:10 AM

Quote:
So I don't know how truthfull this is but there have been many media stations, Rush Limbaugh etc that have promoted Republicans to vote for the Democratic party they felt McCain could prevail against.

I noticed when voting yesterday that there was crickets at the Republican side and a mad house on the Democrats.

Doesn't this defeat the purpose, I mean yes playing the system but isn't the purpose so that people's vote matter not trying to play the system so McCain gets the best possible outcome. Or is it just me??? Thoughts??
It is a joke really. Democrats can vote for someone who says time for a change and has not accomplished/ changed anything in his political career, yes he was on Veteran affairs, but what has he done. Or someone who says it is time for change and has failed at everything she has ever attempted. Really this is easy. Our country is in trouble if either of these candidates get into office. I am typically Republican, but I do my own research as most young people do not do. McCain is the most qualified of these candidates by far and honestly we need some better choices. Where is a Bill Clinton or.... when you need him? You get the idea, I am for the best for the country first and formost.
post #14 of 118 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 10:11 AM
Out

Quote:
When you say like to see him run against, do you mean think he has a better chance of winning if he runs against her than Barak???

I thik it should be the best two not the second one being the best choice for McCain to win against.
No. IMO, McCain should beat them both. I'm just looking at it as if McCain somehow loses, I'd rather see him lose to Hillary than Barak. Nothing more, nothing less.
post #15 of 118 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 10:12 AM Thread Starter
Bla Bla Bla

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
I feel in a sense it's cheating that people get bussed in from the ghetto to vote for certain candidates etc.

Or people that make big promises for changes and hope but have never said one way to accomlish that.

I agree with that as well except for the bussing in part. I feel everyone should be given the opportunity to vote and if that means they get a ride in great but it should not be only if they are voting for one person.

It's really said that so many people have the RIGHT to vote and they don't. It sad they through that away especially when others fought so hard for there children to have that right and now there children take it for granted!

post #16 of 118 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 10:14 AM
Out

Quote:
I agree with that as well except for the bussing in part. I feel everyone should be given the opportunity to vote and if that means they get a ride in great but it should not be only if they are voting for one person.

It's really said that so many people have the RIGHT to vote and they don't. It sad they through that away especially when others fought so hard for there children to have that right and now there children take it for granted!
Personally, I'm glad that most DON'T vote. Is it sad that they don't vote? Ya, but it's still their choice.
post #17 of 118 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 10:16 AM
Lifer

From what I have heard, the republicans are voting for Barak cuz Mc Cain has a better chance of beating him rather than Clinton. I don't vote so it doesn't really matter to me cuz no President ever does what they say they are going to do!

1990 Mustang GT
306, typhoon intake, E303, stock heads, 1.6 FMS R.R., 70 T.B., 80mm PMAS, 42lb injectors, 255 fuel pump, adj. billet regulator, MSD dist., coil & 6A box, BBK shorties, o/r x-pipe, Spintech Pro Streets dumped, T-5, Center Force Dual Friction, 3.55's, S-Trim... 396hp/398trq
post #18 of 118 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 10:17 AM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike69
From what I have heard, the republicans are voting for Barak cuz Mc Cain has a better chance of beating him rather than Clinton. I don't vote so it doesn't really matter to me cuz no President ever does what they say they are going to do!
Funny, I heard the exact opposite.
post #19 of 118 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 10:18 AM Thread Starter
Bla Bla Bla

Quote:
Funny, I heard the exact opposite.

Me too!

post #20 of 118 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 10:19 AM
Lifer

Maybe it's all just hear say then.

1990 Mustang GT
306, typhoon intake, E303, stock heads, 1.6 FMS R.R., 70 T.B., 80mm PMAS, 42lb injectors, 255 fuel pump, adj. billet regulator, MSD dist., coil & 6A box, BBK shorties, o/r x-pipe, Spintech Pro Streets dumped, T-5, Center Force Dual Friction, 3.55's, S-Trim... 396hp/398trq
post #21 of 118 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 10:19 AM Thread Starter
Bla Bla Bla

Quote:

Why even comment if you don't vote. If you don't vote you have no say period!

post #22 of 118 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 10:20 AM
Out

Quote:
But he can bitch all he wants! It's the American way, ya know?
post #23 of 118 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 10:21 AM
Lifer

Sorry........... Don't get mad, it will be alright!!!!

1990 Mustang GT
post #24 of 118 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 10:21 AM Thread Starter
Bla Bla Bla

Quote:
But he can bitch all he wants! It's the American way, ya know?

Ya I am going to sit on my ass and DO NOTHING, but I am going to complain on what is going on that has a direct effect on ME! Brilliance!

post #25 of 118 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 10:22 AM
Out

Quote:
Sorry........... Don't get mad, it will be alright!!!!
I don't think she was getting mad, rather trying to figure out your logic.
post #26 of 118 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 10:22 AM Thread Starter
Bla Bla Bla

Quote:
I don't think she was getting mad, rather trying to figure out your logic.

Exactly no anger here.

post #27 of 118 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 10:24 AM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Quote:

You're right, of course. Hillary can't outright win. But Obama can't get the delegates needed to win either. In other words it will be a brokered convention. When that happens, all bets are off. You're going to have delegates switching sides. You're going to have a HUGE push to get the Michigan and Florida delegates seated (and their votes counted)

In the end, no matter who finally pulls out a victory at the Democratic primary, the Republican's are the winner as a result of last nights election. McCain has locked up the nomination and how he can strictly focus on fund raising. He gets 7 weeks to build a war chest. Even after the primaries are over, Barak and Hillary will be spending a lot of their time wooing super delegates. They won't be able to focus as hard on raising money for the General Election. McCain will also be free to focus his part of the debate strictly on the Democratic candidates. Hillary and Obama will have to focus on each other for the most part. They will mostly leave McCain alone.

There are still a ton of factors to consider but no matter who eventually wins the Democratic nomination, the fact that it will be a drawn out process benefits John McCain and the Republican party. Oh, and you know the party is now going to put a huge emphasis on regaining control of the House. I don't think they can regain control of the Senate though...

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
post #28 of 118 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 10:25 AM
#4 Best QB Ever

Quote:
What if you have a bitch against every candidate running, and you don't want to be directly responsible for putting them in office?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #29 of 118 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 10:26 AM
makin' bacon

Quote:
So, you think that your vote has an effect on who will be the next president?
Interesting...

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky

post #30 of 118 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 10:26 AM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino
What if you have a bitch against every candidate running, and you don't want to be directly responsible for putting them in office?
There's always a Chuck Norris write-in option. No one has a bitch against Chuck!
post #31 of 118 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 10:27 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Ya I am going to sit on my ass and DO NOTHING, but I am going to complain on what is going on that has a direct effect on ME! Brilliance!
I'm not complaining. I was just saying what I have heard & that's it.

1990 Mustang GT
post #32 of 118 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 10:27 AM Thread Starter
Bla Bla Bla

Just an interesting historical fact, but previously in US history every time we have had one party for two terms the following election has always been for the opposite term. Meaning if McCain wins he will make history in the sense that he will be the 3rd consecutive term of Republicans holding the Presidency. Think it will really happen???

post #33 of 118 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 10:27 AM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo
So, you think that your vote has an effect on who will be the next president?
Interesting...

Stevo
If done correctly, yes.
post #34 of 118 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 10:27 AM
#4 Best QB Ever

Thumbs up

Quote:
There's always a Chuck Norris write-in option. No one has a bitch against Chuck!
Fuck yes.

Quote:
post #35 of 118 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 10:28 AM Thread Starter
Bla Bla Bla

Quote:

Your just at fault by doing nothing!

post #36 of 118 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 10:28 AM
#4 Best QB Ever

Quote:
Your just at fault by doing nothing!
Not as at-fault as the dipshits that voted for a shitty president!

Quote:
post #37 of 118 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 10:29 AM
Out

Quote:
Just an interesting historical fact, but previously in US history every time we have had one party for two terms the following election has always been for the opposite term. Meaning if McCain wins he will make history in the sense that he will be the 3rd consecutive term of Republicans holding the Presidency. Think it will really happen???
I think it has just as good of a chance as it not happening. There are too many factors that are dis-similar for each time-frame.
post #38 of 118 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 10:29 AM Thread Starter
Bla Bla Bla

Quote:
Not as at-fault as the dipshits that voted for a shitty president!
Wrong if you had voted maybe the least shitty President would have one, you know the lesser of evils!

post #39 of 118 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 10:30 AM
#4 Best QB Ever

Shitty president, shitty president, shitty president, shitty president. It doesn't matter which one you pick, they're all shitty.

Chuck Norris FTW. Seriously. Chuck in '08.

Quote:
post #40 of 118 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 10:31 AM Thread Starter
Bla Bla Bla

Quote:
Shitty president, shitty president, shitty president, shitty president. It doesn't matter which one you pick, they're all shitty.

Your rationale is interesting at best.

post #41 of 118 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 10:32 AM
Out

Quote:

Just for the record, I'll be eligible in '12. Hang in there.
post #42 of 118 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 10:34 AM
#4 Best QB Ever

Quote:
Your rationale is interesting at best.
You have no idea. You really should do all you can do to get to know my rationale better. Laughter makes you live longer.
Quote:
Just for the record, I'll be eligible in '12. Hang in there.
Chuck in '08 and '12. Then he'll kick the shit out of that amendment that limits the number of terms a president can serve and stay forever, because he's Chuck Norris, and Chuck Norris doesn't die.

Quote:
post #43 of 118 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 10:36 AM Thread Starter
Bla Bla Bla

LMAO

If Chuck were to fight Arnold who would win, Chuck or a tie???

post #44 of 118 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 10:37 AM
Out

Quote:
LMAO

Dude, if you have to ask...
post #45 of 118 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 10:37 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Not true. Republicans have done it quite a bit. The last being Reagan/Bush through the 80s.

post #46 of 118 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 10:38 AM
#4 Best QB Ever

Quote:
LMAO

Blasphemy. Chuck could break Arnold in three with nothing more than a single stroke of his beard.

Quote:
post #47 of 118 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 10:38 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Still a possibility IF neither reaches the delegate count to get the automatic nomination.
Yea and my 7-3 offsuit has a possibility against pocket aces too.

post #48 of 118 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 10:39 AM
Out

Quote:
Yea and my 7-3 offsuit has a possibility against pocket aces too.
Bit if a stretch, don't you think? More like a suited 9-10.
post #49 of 118 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 10:39 AM Thread Starter
Bla Bla Bla

Quote:
Dude, if you have to ask...

I am not a Dude, I am a Dudette! lol

post #50 of 118 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 10:40 AM
Out

Quote:
I am not a Dude, I am a Dudette! lol