If there is so much proof for Iranian support for terror, why haven't they been held - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-29-2008, 05:30 PM Thread Starter
Secular Dogooderist
 
Zarathustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Hive
Posts: 3,031
If there is so much proof for Iranian support for terror, why haven't they been held

Accountable?

Why can they be so accused of such wrongdoing and yet remain unscathed by their accusers?

It would seem to me that if Iran were to actually be guilty of what it has been accused of they would surely have already been held accountable for this monumental moral transgression?

Let us examine the claims
That Iran not only "openly" supports Hamas and Hezbollah, but also the Mahdi Army In Iraq, who is largely responsible for the sectarian violence and consequently for the lack thereof.

Wouldn't that place them or the Iranian government at the top of the priority list of threats to security especially in the middle east? Surely that would place the Iranians higher than Al-qaeda, namely, in the list of top threats to security in the region.

This surely would have required some type of military tactics to disband this multi-faceted terror sponsoring organization? Not necessarily by the US, but by the United Nations or NATO or Israel, or any other powerful organization

Why hasn't it happened?

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
Zarathustra is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-29-2008, 05:54 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,017
Who gives a fuck?
Mr Majestyk is offline  
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-29-2008, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
Secular Dogooderist
 
Zarathustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Hive
Posts: 3,031
UUmmmm real people?

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
Zarathustra is offline  
 
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-29-2008, 06:29 PM
IA2
 
mikeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 22,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
Accountable?

Why can they be so accused of such wrongdoing and yet remain unscathed by their accusers?

It would seem to me that if Iran were to actually be guilty of what it has been accused of they would surely have already been held accountable for this monumental moral transgression?

Let us examine the claims
That Iran not only "openly" supports Hamas and Hezbollah, but also the Mahdi Army In Iraq, who is largely responsible for the sectarian violence and consequently for the lack thereof.

Wouldn't that place them or the Iranian government at the top of the priority list of threats to security especially in the middle east? Surely that would place the Iranians higher than Al-qaeda, namely, in the list of top threats to security in the region.

This surely would have required some type of military tactics to disband this multi-faceted terror sponsoring organization? Not necessarily by the US, but by the United Nations or NATO or Israel, or any other powerful organization

Why hasn't it happened?
http://www.iranfocus.com/modules/new...p?storyid=5956

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Conten...4/061vrvwi.asp

Looks like there is some involvement there with the iranian army running terrorist training camps.
mikeb is offline  
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-29-2008, 06:44 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 483
There is no proof of any of this, nothing concrete presented to the public.
Mr Majestyk, you should give a fuck. You cannot use something as an example, and then when someone asks why there is no proof respond simply with "who gives a fuck". They are all theories and conjections, but are an important part of fighting a war or starting one. This is the same way the US went to war with Iraq, or rather occupation since no declaration of war was ever passed. Present a bunch of supposed intelligence, with no proof or backing but expecting the public to just take your word for it. Usually, they do because they just don't know any better and don't expect their government to take advantage of their trust. It happens everywhere.
In Iran in 1979, the people revolted thinking they were ousting the Shah to bring in a saviour. Someone to bring revelation and salvation, to free them from suppression. What did they get? In Germany in 1933, Hitler became Chancellor and the people didnt know he was going to release a war machine that would cost millions upon millions of lives. In America in 2001, the people were promised that the man who was responsible for attacking their nation and causing such a devastating loss of life would be caught and punished. In 2008 he is still at large and excuses are made as to why.
SS

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
-Samuel Johnson
Stang Seller is offline  
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-29-2008, 06:48 PM Thread Starter
Secular Dogooderist
 
Zarathustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Hive
Posts: 3,031
Ok, then. If all of this is held to be true. Why haven't those responsible been held accountable?

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
Zarathustra is offline  
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-29-2008, 06:58 PM
Banned
 
aceman85turbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: If I listened to you, i would have a mustang just like yours!
Posts: 1,752
go the fuck back to canadianbuttsexmustangs.net
aceman85turbo is offline  
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-29-2008, 07:06 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang Seller
There is no proof of any of this, nothing concrete presented to the public.
Mr Majestyk, you should give a fuck. You cannot use something as an example, and then when someone asks why there is no proof respond simply with "who gives a fuck". They are all theories and conjections, but are an important part of fighting a war or starting one. This is the same way the US went to war with Iraq, or rather occupation since no declaration of war was ever passed. Present a bunch of supposed intelligence, with no proof or backing but expecting the public to just take your word for it. Usually, they do because they just don't know any better and don't expect their government to take advantage of their trust. It happens everywhere.
In Iran in 1979, the people revolted thinking they were ousting the Shah to bring in a saviour. Someone to bring revelation and salvation, to free them from suppression. What did they get? In Germany in 1933, Hitler became Chancellor and the people didnt know he was going to release a war machine that would cost millions upon millions of lives. In America in 2001, the people were promised that the man who was responsible for attacking their nation and causing such a devastating loss of life would be caught and punished. In 2008 he is still at large and excuses are made as to why.
SS
I do give a f*uck, I was simply toying with the OP
Mr Majestyk is offline  
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-29-2008, 07:15 PM Thread Starter
Secular Dogooderist
 
Zarathustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Hive
Posts: 3,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang Seller
There is no proof of any of this, nothing concrete presented to the public.
Mr Majestyk, you should give a fuck. You cannot use something as an example, and then when someone asks why there is no proof respond simply with "who gives a fuck". They are all theories and conjections, but are an important part of fighting a war or starting one. This is the same way the US went to war with Iraq, or rather occupation since no declaration of war was ever passed. Present a bunch of supposed intelligence, with no proof or backing but expecting the public to just take your word for it. Usually, they do because they just don't know any better and don't expect their government to take advantage of their trust. It happens everywhere.
In Iran in 1979, the people revolted thinking they were ousting the Shah to bring in a saviour. Someone to bring revelation and salvation, to free them from suppression. What did they get? In Germany in 1933, Hitler became Chancellor and the people didnt know he was going to release a war machine that would cost millions upon millions of lives. In America in 2001, the people were promised that the man who was responsible for attacking their nation and causing such a devastating loss of life would be caught and punished. In 2008 he is still at large and excuses are made as to why.
SS
EXACTLY!

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
Zarathustra is offline  
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-29-2008, 07:15 PM Thread Starter
Secular Dogooderist
 
Zarathustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Hive
Posts: 3,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Majestyk
I do give a f*uck, I was simply toying with the OP
Go play now...

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
Zarathustra is offline  
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-29-2008, 07:33 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceman85turbo
go the fuck back to canadianbuttsexmustangs.net
They banned me

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
-Samuel Johnson
Stang Seller is offline  
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-29-2008, 07:34 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Majestyk
I do give a f*uck, I was simply toying with the OP
Oh, ok then. NM
SS

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
-Samuel Johnson
Stang Seller is offline  
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-29-2008, 09:40 PM
makin' bacon
 
Stevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Longview,TX
Posts: 5,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
EXACTLY!
Aww look, the Iranians are in love....

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky


Stevo is offline  
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-29-2008, 09:59 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo
Aww look, the Iranians are in love....

Stevo
Hey! Where the hell have you been?
SS

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
-Samuel Johnson
Stang Seller is offline  
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-29-2008, 10:05 PM
makin' bacon
 
Stevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Longview,TX
Posts: 5,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang Seller
Hey! Where the hell have you been?
SS
Been busy being an infidel and feeding radical muslims to pigs, how have you been?

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky


Stevo is offline  
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 12:21 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo
Been busy being an infidel and feeding radical muslims to pigs, how have you been?

Stevo
You know, training radical muslims and shipping IED's and other Iranian made weapons across the border to Iraq. Same old same old.
SS

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
-Samuel Johnson
Stang Seller is offline  
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 09:32 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,017
Like I've said, whether you agree with SS or not, he's a man deserving respect
Mr Majestyk is offline  
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 12:20 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
I must say... Stangseller, you have made me laugh quite a bit this morning.

Good job!

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 12:26 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
The man is running al Qaeda from Canada...no wonder we can't find the sonuvabitch...

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 12:39 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 483
Haha glad I could make you boys laugh!
Al Qaeda's got nothin on the Islamic Republic of Iran. Bunch of cave dwelling amateur Arabs.
SS

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
-Samuel Johnson
Stang Seller is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome