I can't wait to see McCain play his hand... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 10:53 AM Thread Starter
Worship me

I can't wait to see McCain play his hand...

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/02/...ain/index.html

ROCKY RIVER, Ohio (CNN) -- Republican presidential candidate John McCain defended his belief that U.S. troops will need to stay in Iraq for decades Monday but said the unpopular war will soon end "for all intents and purposes."

"My friends, the war will be over soon ... for all intents and purposes," Sen. John McCain said Monday.

McCain said his potential Democratic rivals have distorted his January comment that U.S. forces may need to remain in Iraq for up to 100 years. Speaking at a campaign event in suburban Cleveland, Ohio, he said that referred to a long-term American presence similar to those in South Korea or Kuwait.

"My friends, the war will be over soon ... for all intents and purposes, although the insurgency will go on for years and years and years," the Arizona senator said. "But it will be handled by the Iraqis, not by us."

Nearly two-thirds of Americans now oppose the nearly five-year-old Iraq war, according to a CNN poll taken in mid-January. McCain has been an outspoken supporter of President Bush's decision to pour nearly 30,000 additional troops into the conflict, a move he and other advocates credit with a sharp reduction in sectarian warfare and U.S. casualties.

"I think that clearly my fortunes have a lot to do with what's happening in Iraq, and I'm proud of that," he told CNN.

Don't Miss
Dean: McCain skirts election law with campaign loan
Hollywood ending for McCain?
McCain's campaign was written off for dead last summer. It rebounded after a staff shakeup about the same time that American fortunes in Iraq appeared to turn. But at a town hall meeting before January's New Hampshire primary, McCain told a questioner that the United States could have forces in Iraq for "maybe 100" years.

"We've been in Japan for 60 years," he said. "We've been in South Korea for 50 years or so. That would be fine with me, as long as Americans are not being injured or harmed or wounded or killed."

Both Democratic contenders, Sens. Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton, now regularly pound McCain over the remark.

"He has said he wants to keep our troops in Iraq -- it would be fine with him -- for 50 years to 100 years," Clinton said Monday. "I will start bringing them home within 60 days." Watch McCain's remarks on War in Iraq »

McCain said his potential Democratic rivals are less forthcoming about their own predictions last year that the effort to secure Baghdad and its surrounding provinces "would absolutely fail."

"But all those will be subjects of debate as we move forward"

I see that he hasn't forgot some of the shit that the asshole Democrats said last year. The ones who spoke out and said American troops in the field were destined for failure during a time of war. Fucking traitors. I can't wait to see him call these mother fuckers out on the carpet during the debates and have them defend what they said. He may not win but he'll make sure our servicemen have their satisfaction.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 11:03 AM
Lifer

He will eat Obama alive in a real debate, but it may not be enough to beat him in a general election. Most Obama followers aren't into substance right now...it's all about "hope".

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #3 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 11:06 AM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

lmao! bring the troops home within 60 days of being elected! LOL Hillary!

post #4 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 11:06 AM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
He will eat Obama alive in a real debate, but it may not be enough to beat him in a general election. Most Obama followers aren't into substance right now...it's all about "hope".
"Change We Can Believe In!"

post #5 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 11:08 AM
Lifer

That will make watching the dabates worth it
post #6 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 11:10 AM
Lifer

I just don't understand people. Obama comes in with all this "change" "hope"...and people eat it alive.

There isn't going to be any change....just the same shit, different day
post #7 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 11:27 AM Thread Starter
Worship me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Thumper
I just don't understand people. Obama comes in with all this "change" "hope"...and people eat it alive.

Don't tell that to all the voters who put the Dems in control of Congress.

Boy they sure have got a lot done.
post #8 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 11:38 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P
Don't tell that to all the voters who put the Dems in control of Congress.

Boy they sure have got a lot done.
...and at a 20% approval rating to boot.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #9 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 03:33 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHC
lmao! bring the troops home within 60 days of being elected! LOL Hillary!
I laugh every time she says it because its a blatant lie. Hillary isn't going to go through four years of being blamed for losing the war. Also, she actually has a halfway decent mind on defense issues. In other words, she'll find an excuse to not pull them out in 60 days...

As for McCain. His 100 year statement was stupid. It has been taken way out of context but he shouldn't have put it out there to begin with. I've known all along we would have a base in Kurdish territory for a long time. Its a damn good place to build a base because the area if highly pro American and it makes the Iranians more nervous. McCain just needs to watch how he words things like that. To many mofo's are looking to have a "gotcha" moment from him..

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
post #10 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 03:39 PM
AHMO!

Has Obama actually said how he's going to accomplish ANY of his changes?
post #11 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 03:40 PM
Secular Dogooderist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis
Hillary isn't going to go through four years of being blamed for losing the war.

UUUhhhhh what? Surely you can't be serious...

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
post #12 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 03:43 PM
IA2

Quote:

I guess as a senator he is well versed in "hoping" to make some "changes" some day. I don't believe we've seen any substantive legislation out of him as a senator
post #13 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 03:44 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
LOL, what would an immediate pullout be called, oh taco philosopher?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #14 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 03:51 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Quote:
It doesn't matter if its true or not. That is going to be the public perception.

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
post #15 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 05:00 PM
Musician for the deaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb
I guess as a senator he is well versed in "hoping" to make some "changes" some day. I don't believe we've seen any substantive legislation out of him as a senator
No but that Chicago mob is chomping at the bit to get federal legislation overriding state constitutions which designate a right-to-work environment.
post #16 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 05:17 PM
Pushed to the limit

Quote:

It isn't really all that hard to understand. People are tired of shit not working. When shit doesn't work, people get fired. It doesn't mean that the new guy will be any better. At this point, the best the country can really "hope" for is something different.

It is kinda sad that the last 8 years have beaten people down enough that they have resorted to the equivalent to hoping for a miracle.

It is like being fed dog shit sandwiches for 8 years. If you found it there was a way that you might get a moldy pizza crust, you would look into it. After all, how could it get any worse?

Buying dogs kills.
post #17 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 06:32 PM
Secular Dogooderist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis
It doesn't matter if its true or not. That is going to be the public perception.
i was more taken aback by your word choice. 'Losing' the war already happened. Then oh hey, it was back on. Then we sent a 'surge', and it 'worked', or al-Sadr just told his guys to chill the fuck out.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
post #18 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 06:38 PM
Lifer

Quote:
i was more taken aback by your word choice. 'Losing' the war already happened. Then oh hey, it was back on. Then we sent a 'surge', and it 'worked', or al-Sadr just told his guys to chill the fuck out.
I love you liberal idiots and your logic, or lack thereof. Yeah, we already lost the war and the only reason our troops have gotten the situation under control is because some idiot religious leader decided to have "his guys chill the fuck out". More taco philosophical logic!

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #19 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
Worship me

Quote:
The war is not over yet so I am not sure what you mean by "losing". Al-Sadr did tell his guys to chill out. I have no idea why. But it has put him at a tactical disadvantage because now he is the only bad guy left with a significant presence. If he starts his shit up again it is going to be open season on his sorry yellow tooth ass. Just think about it, he's got a seasoned US army just sitting there with no one to kill and nowhere to go. If he is smart he will wait until the troops leave but from what I have read he is a reactionary hot head.
post #20 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 07:16 PM
Secular Dogooderist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90 Notch
I love you liberal idiots and your logic, or lack thereof. Yeah, we already lost the war and the only reason our troops have gotten the situation under control is because some idiot religious leader decided to have "his guys chill the fuck out". More taco philosophical logic!
Or, a factual representation of events. I dunno where you get your logic from, mr. funnyman. It's funny you refer to logic as if you possess some tiny minute amount of it when you decide to speak your mind. I'd trust anything that came form the mouth of a thinker over that which came from a dirty cop. We all know your logical background, so fuck off and try something else. This just doesn't suit you...

On the other hand, I find it funny you repeatedly lament on the fact that I own a mexican restaurant, but you will never be anything but a police officer. Hey good job though, you'll be making a secure 35 grand for the rest of your life...

Logic is not for those who can't even recognize and eliminate out the manifold fallacies which you continually churn out. It's literally funny you think of yourself as logical in any sense of the word.

You're a joke.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
-Sam Harris
post #21 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 07:18 PM
Secular Dogooderist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P
The war is not over yet so I am not sure what you mean by "losing". Al-Sadr did tell his guys to chill out. I have no idea why. But it has put him at a tactical disadvantage because now he is the only bad guy left with a significant presence. If he starts his shit up again it is going to be open season on his sorry yellow tooth ass. Just think about it, he's got a seasoned US army just sitting there with no one to kill and nowhere to go. If he is smart he will wait until the troops leave but from what I have read he is a reactionary hot head.
I'll agree, save for the very 'warhood' of this war, for lack of a better term. The war was over a long time ago, justifiable or not. What we have going on now is an occupation in every sense of the word.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
-Sam Harris
post #22 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 07:23 PM
not exclude

Quote:
When did we ever lose? We have always been killing more of them than they have us. We have been killing larger percentages of them. We haven't fought the war post 9/11 on our soil. What about that is losing?

The enemy is running out of ranks. AQ actually doesn't do much direct terrorism anymore. They pay Joe Habib 100 bucks to set off an IED and run. They are recruiting more and more children. Running out of the able bodied male. All AQ really does is maintain a propaganda campaign.
post #23 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 07:52 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlude
The enemy is running out of ranks. AQ actually doesn't do much direct terrorism anymore. They pay Joe Habib 100 bucks to set off an IED and run. They are recruiting more and more children. Running out of the able bodied male. All AQ really does is maintain a propaganda campaign.
And it takes practically our whole damned military with $12.5 Billion a month in cost to manage that?

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
post #24 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 07:55 PM
NOT the Oldest Fart HERE

nice argument

Quote:
Or, a factual representation of events. I dunno where you get your logic from, mr. funnyman. It's funny you refer to logic as if you possess some tiny minute amount of it when you decide to speak your mind. I'd trust anything that came form the mouth of a thinker over that which came from a dirty cop. We all know your logical background, so fuck off and try something else. This just doesn't suit you... On the other hand, I find it funny you repeatedly lament on the fact that I own a mexican restaurant, but you will never be anything but a police officer. Hey good job though, you'll be making a secure 35 grand for the rest of your life...
Logic is not for those who can't even recognize and eliminate out the manifold fallacies which you continually churn out. It's literally funny you think of yourself as logical in any sense of the word. You're a joke
Full of all kinds of personal attacks, and no substance, isn't that just what you dislike? With your great skills you can do much better.
post #25 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 08:01 PM
NOT the Oldest Fart HERE

a few of the things being worked on in Iraq

Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt
And it takes practically our whole damned military with $12.5 Billion a month in cost to manage that?
http://www.grd.usace.army.mil/news/releases/index.asp
post #26 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 08:05 PM
NOT the Oldest Fart HERE

mission statement

Quote:
I'll agree, save for the very 'warhood' of this war, for lack of a better term. The war was over a long time ago, justifiable or not. What we have going on now is an occupation in every sense of the word.

http://www.grd.usace.army.mil/divisioninfo/Mission.asp
post #27 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 08:06 PM
Lifer

Hmmm...I can think of a bunch of things that need to be worked on in America.

What are the Iraqi's doing while we're doing all these projects for em?

post #28 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 08:11 PM
NOT the Oldest Fart HERE

Zarathustra, maybe if you weren't doing something so meaningfull

Quote:
as working in your family restaurant you could actually do something to help your fellow Arabs: http://cpolwapp.belvoir.army.mil/coe-gwot/
post #29 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 08:13 PM
not exclude

Quote:
By having such an overwhelming presence we can acheive the desired endstate faster, with less casualties, both soldier and civilian. Further, terrorism requires more aggressive tactics than a conventional war.
post #30 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 08:24 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
And you think that the occupation is all about, what? 12.5 billion a month is a piss in the bucket.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
post #31 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 08:25 PM
NOT the Oldest Fart HERE

Iraqis working

Quote:
Hmmm...I can think of a bunch of things that need to be worked on in America.

What are the Iraqi's doing while we're doing all these projects for em?
http://www.america.gov/st/peacesec-e...k0.659466.html

http://www.centcom.mil/en/expand-gov...curity/15.html

Last edited by jyro; 02-26-2008 at 08:41 PM.
post #32 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 08:28 PM
Secular Dogooderist

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlude
When did we ever lose? We have always been killing more of them than they have us. We have been killing larger percentages of them. We haven't fought the war post 9/11 on our soil. What about that is losing?

I apologize, i didn't mean the war was lost, I misstated that. I meant the war was already won.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
-Sam Harris
post #33 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 08:30 PM
Secular Dogooderist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyro
Full of all kinds of personal attacks, and no substance, isn't that just what you dislike? With your great skills you can do much better.
I bestow that which is given to me. In rational discourse I will open up to any and all view points. When I am attacked, I will undoubtedly defend myself. This is only natural.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
-Sam Harris
post #34 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 08:31 PM
Secular Dogooderist

Quote:
as working in your family restaurant you could actually do something to help your fellow Arabs: http://cpolwapp.belvoir.army.mil/coe-gwot/
fellow arabs?

I am NOT arab, stupid fuck.

You really need to educate yourself, sir...

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
-Sam Harris
post #35 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 08:32 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
Has Obama actually said how he's going to accomplish ANY of his changes?
that's what I've asked, but Obama supporters always freak out and point me to the debates and his website, and so I watch/go, and I don't know anything more specific about how he's going to do it. For him, it's all about the what, and that's why he's got the sheeple all lined up behind him.

post #36 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 08:40 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
fellow arabs?

I am NOT arab, stupid fuck.

You really need to educate yourself, sir...
My kids got some Palestinian blood in them. I'm not ashamed.

post #37 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 08:42 PM
Secular Dogooderist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
My kids got some Palestinian blood in them. I'm not ashamed.
Today, everybody's got everybody's blood in them. Persians > Arabs.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
-Sam Harris
post #38 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 08:44 PM
PAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90 Notch
LOL, what would an immediate pullout be called, oh taco philosopher?

No sir. That would be the result of not pulling out...
post #39 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 08:51 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
LOL, my little mensa, dumbass.

I really don't give a shit about your little > sign. My kids are Americans with birth certificates in the great country of Texas.

They know their heritage, like I do which is 50% hungarian and 50% irish but, like me, they also know they are 100% Americans before anything else.

Of course, 100% American kids that understand they have quite an interest in about 1MM worth of real estate in Great Britian.

Last edited by 01WhiteCobra; 02-26-2008 at 09:43 PM.
post #40 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 09:03 PM
not exclude

Quote:
I apologize, i didn't mean the war was lost, I misstated that. I meant the war was already won.
Ah, nevermind then...
post #41 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 09:38 PM
Lifer

So...tear it up then rebuild it. Nation building. A very expensive "Habitat for Humanity" in Iraq. I still don't see where it's feasible to bankrupt ourselves to feed that money funnel. The day ain't gonna come where I care more about Iraq than I do America. We can't afford to fix both and at least America would stay fixed for more than half a year. And it's where my family hopes to grow up and have a decent life. Seriously man, it's time to leave the craps table. There is no payoff.

post #42 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 09:38 PM
NOT the Oldest Fart HERE

so your a little bit Arab?

Quote:
thanks for admitting it.
post #43 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 10:08 PM
Secular Dogooderist

Quote:
thanks for admitting it.
If I am, then so are you, thanks for admitting it.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
-Sam Harris
post #44 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 10:09 PM
Secular Dogooderist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
LOL, my little mensa, dumbass.

I really don't give a shit about your little > sign. My kids are Americans with birth certificates in the great country of Texas.

They know their heritage, like I do which is 50% hungarian and 50% irish but, like me, they also know they are 100% Americans before anything else.

Of course, 100% American kids that understand they have quite an interest in about 1MM worth of real estate in Great Britian.
Hey man, uuh, you drunk?

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
-Sam Harris
post #45 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 10:09 PM
Secular Dogooderist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox466
No sir. That would be the result of not pulling out...
as would you?

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
-Sam Harris
post #46 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 10:12 PM
NOT the Oldest Fart HERE

nope

Quote:
I bestow that which is given to me. In rational discourse I will open up to any and all view points. When I am attacked, I will undoubtedly defend myself. This is only natural.
it just shows you're lack self control, be what you want to be, don't blame others for what you become.

Whatever cannot obey itself, is commanded.
Such is the nature of living things.

Last edited by jyro; 02-26-2008 at 10:43 PM.
post #47 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 10:41 PM
NOT the Oldest Fart HERE

I don't have a problem with that

Quote:
If I am, then so are you, thanks for admitting it.

There is not one gene, trait, or characteristic that distinguishes all members of one race from all members of another. We can map any number of traits and none would match our idea of race. This is because modern humans haven't been around long enough to evolve into different subspecies and we've always moved, mated, and mixed our genes. Beneath the skin, we are one of the most genetically similar of all species.
http://www.pbs.org/race/000_About/00...ound-01-11.htm
post #48 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-27-2008, 04:45 AM
Lifer

I look forward to the debates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
post #49 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-27-2008, 04:57 AM

Thumbs down sos

trust me ...if obama is elected......there will be CHANGE
post #50 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-27-2008, 06:58 AM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty1300
trust me ...if obama is elected......there will be CHANGE
No, just talk about change with no real plan backing it. Just like Kerry's poor showing after his primaries, Obama will be exposed as the fraud he is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement