I like Ron Paul...... - DFWstangs Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 12:05 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 483
I like Ron Paul......

The more I see of him speaking, the more I like him. I'm curious who here would vote for him and if you think it's too late. Seems a lot of you are not happy with McCain, Barak, or Clinton.... So why not Ron Paul? I'm really curious and want to know what you folks think about him and his chances. I honestly really like him, but I am sure there is more to a person than what they say. He has proven that he is steadfast in his beliefs, but I'm sure you guys would know better than I. Personally, I cannot see why he isn't the front runner! Everything he says makes sense.
Educate me, I'm interested to hear what you've got to say about him.
SS

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
-Samuel Johnson
Stang Seller is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 12:07 PM
Lifer
 
BreedLove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Denton
Posts: 4,429
Sohc 3.......2.......1.......

I'll show your president the same respect you showed mine.
BreedLove is offline  
post #3 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 12:10 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,691
I also like him and will vote for him.
8742 is offline  
 
post #4 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 12:18 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South of the Red River
Posts: 3,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverhatch
I also like him and will vote for him.
X2 (or not vote at all)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
black01gt is offline  
post #5 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 12:29 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt
X2 (or not vote at all)
But why? And are you doing anything to help ensure that he makes it beyond? It seems like he's the unlikely nominee, so unless lots of people start to rally behind him it's very unlikely that he's going to make it to the bid for the presidency.......
Just curious.
SS

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
-Samuel Johnson
Stang Seller is offline  
post #6 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 12:39 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
For one thing, he'd be almost 4 years older than Ronald Reagan was when he took office (73 years old). Anyone remember all the Ronnie jokes about his age?

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #7 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 12:47 PM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
For one thing, he'd be almost 4 years older than Ronald Reagan was when he took office (73 years old). Anyone remember all the Ronnie jokes about his age?
I am not nearly as worried about his age as I am about him being a cooky guy. I am just glad the majority of mature Americans saw what I saw. I guess having the most money doesn't always mean you can get votes, contrary to popular belief for the comspiracy idiots.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #8 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 12:49 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90 Notch
I am not nearly as worried about his age as I am about him being a cooky guy. I am just glad the majority of mature Americans saw what I saw. I guess having the most money doesn't always mean you can get votes, contrary to popular belief for the comspiracy idiots.
He is a bit of a nut...maybe that's why the canuck likes him so much?

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #9 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 12:58 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
He is a bit of a nut...maybe that's why the canuck likes him so much?
Doesn't strike me as a nut. I listen to what he says, and it seems to me to make sense for you. This is why I'm asking, because I cannot know for sure what is best for you! Everything he says, makes sense! I want to know what you think about the things he says, and the things he wants to do. There is no point in cracking jokes or slinging insults at me here, you can do that in another thread!
SS

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
-Samuel Johnson
Stang Seller is offline  
post #10 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 01:15 PM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang Seller
Doesn't strike me as a nut. I listen to what he says, and it seems to me to make sense for you. This is why I'm asking, because I cannot know for sure what is best for you! Everything he says, makes sense! I want to know what you think about the things he says, and the things he wants to do. There is no point in cracking jokes or slinging insults at me here, you can do that in another thread!
SS
I know I answered, he sounds like he is cooky. His ideas about foreign relations are naive, his idea that the strict and absolute interpretation of the Constitution sounds good on paper, but putting his vision of government into practice is not realistic IMO.

He is anti-war to the point of calling for complete and total pullout of all troops (that is what he said in an interview I saw) in every country that he has deemed as not having attacked us, and I don't trust his judgment to be the one who makes that call.

BTW, I am not surprised you find him interesting.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #11 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 01:18 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.
 
Slowhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howard Johnson's Earthlight Room
Posts: 12,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreedLove
Black01gt 3.......2.......1.......
I support doctor paul, but I'm generally not the first person on this site to come flying to his support when it gets brought up

Slowhand is offline  
post #12 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 01:24 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang Seller
Doesn't strike me as a nut. I listen to what he says, and it seems to me to make sense for you. This is why I'm asking, because I cannot know for sure what is best for you! Everything he says, makes sense! I want to know what you think about the things he says, and the things he wants to do. There is no point in cracking jokes or slinging insults at me here, you can do that in another thread!
SS
I'm not slinging insults here, but he's not a realist about several issues. He's just not an option, especially at this point in the game. I personally don't like any of the front-runners right now.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #13 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 01:25 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHC
I support doctor paul, but I'm generally not the first person on this site to come flying to his support when it gets brought up
Thats alright, but I am curious to hear more on your opinions because you are a staunch Ron Paul supporter.
SS

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
-Samuel Johnson
Stang Seller is offline  
post #14 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 01:28 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
I'm not slinging insults here, but he's not a realist about several issues. He's just not an option, especially at this point in the game. I personally don't like any of the front-runners right now.
What issues do you believe he isn't realistic on? I can see a few of them, but it is interesting to see how he would actually do away with some of the things he says. I think returning to the gold standard is a wise choice, and I strongly believe that every nation should uphold the values in its constitution. Especially one as strong and important as America's!
SS

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
-Samuel Johnson
Stang Seller is offline  
post #15 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 01:36 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Your opinion doesn't matter.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #16 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 01:37 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 483
It was only a matter of time before the child stepped in.

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
-Samuel Johnson
Stang Seller is offline  
post #17 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 01:37 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
Your opinion doesn't matter.
Yeah, I see no reason to debate here...

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #18 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 01:40 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
Yeah, I see no reason to debate here...
Stangseller has his own agenda that is not what an American citizen cares about so, you are right Vertnut, there is no reason to debate with Stangseller.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #19 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 01:40 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
Yeah, I see no reason to debate here...
I agree. My opinion doesn't matter. I'm asking for yours. Thanks for the input
Cheers!
SS

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
-Samuel Johnson
Stang Seller is offline  
post #20 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 01:42 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.
 
Slowhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howard Johnson's Earthlight Room
Posts: 12,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang Seller
Thats alright, but I am curious to hear more on your opinions because you are a staunch Ron Paul supporter.
SS
I'm not exactly a staunch supporter these days. I just think he's the lesser of all of the evils in the race.

Support:
He'll do what he can to protect my right to own a firearm.
Doesn't support universal healthcare.
Wants to secure the borders, without amnesty.
Sees that the "War" on drugs is a load of horseshit.
Gold standard ftw! (lol)

Don't support:
His stance on Iraq...at all. But we're facing the same thing with either of the Dems in the race.
His foreign policy is too idealistic and unrealistic.
Abolish the IRS? I mean, really?

Again, still not Reagan, but at least he's not McCain or Barack. Just my .02

Slowhand is offline  
post #21 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 01:42 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.
 
Slowhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howard Johnson's Earthlight Room
Posts: 12,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
Stangseller has his own agenda that is not what an American citizen cares about so, you are right Vertnut, there is no reason to debate with Stangseller.
oh shit, this is the idiot canadian guy, isn't it?!

ha!

Slowhand is offline  
post #22 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHC
oh shit, this is the idiot canadian guy, isn't it?!

ha!
Idiot Iranian guy living in Canukland to you! Come on, if you're going to eek then you might as well do it like the other folks!!!!
SS

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
-Samuel Johnson
Stang Seller is offline  
post #23 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 01:45 PM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Just like Hillary, his ideas are too "out-there" to even be put into play with one (if not two) terms anyway. He's harmless to today's status quo in govt.
Denny is offline  
post #24 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 01:47 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang Seller
I agree. My opinion doesn't matter. I'm asking for yours. Thanks for the input
Cheers!
SS
I like him for his pro-guns, I think women deserve a choice, I like he wants fair taxation but I think he an isolationalist foreign policy quack that doesn't get it.

Maybe he does get it and I don't get it but after 200 years we're way past the "US out of the world" bullshit. It doesn't work like that and won't work like that.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #25 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 07:18 PM
Lifer
 
93coupelx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Commiefornia
Posts: 1,152
I just mailed my absentee ballot with my vote for him ...
93coupelx is offline  
post #26 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 07:19 PM
Lifer
 
93coupelx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Commiefornia
Posts: 1,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
I like him for his pro-guns, I think women deserve a choice, I like he wants fair taxation but I think he an isolationalist foreign policy quack that doesn't get it.

Maybe he does get it and I don't get it but after 200 years we're way past the "US out of the world" bullshit. It doesn't work like that and won't work like that.
Read his book. A foreign policy of freedom. I am seeing our politics at work first hand here in the mid east right now. I am reading alot to try and understand....
93coupelx is offline  
post #27 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 07:24 PM
Secular Dogooderist
 
Zarathustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Hive
Posts: 3,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
Your opinion doesn't matter.
Of course it does, just because he doesn't reside in America, it doesn't mean his opinion doesn't matter. It matters just as much as a non-voter who is of age, right?

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
Zarathustra is offline  
post #28 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 07:28 PM
Lifer
 
BreedLove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Denton
Posts: 4,429
Man, I don't even know who I support anymore after reading Obama's book I thought I stood behind him, but after reading more and watching his speeches, he doesn't have a plan of action. No body has a plan of action it's all talk just politicians blowin smoke out their ass. Paul seems to be a lesser of evils, but I guess we'll just have to see. He does have quite a "cult" following.

I'll show your president the same respect you showed mine.
BreedLove is offline  
post #29 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 07:30 PM
Lifer
 
93coupelx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Commiefornia
Posts: 1,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang Seller
The more I see of him speaking, the more I like him. I'm curious who here would vote for him and if you think it's too late. Seems a lot of you are not happy with McCain, Barak, or Clinton.... So why not Ron Paul? I'm really curious and want to know what you folks think about him and his chances. I honestly really like him, but I am sure there is more to a person than what they say. He has proven that he is steadfast in his beliefs, but I'm sure you guys would know better than I. Personally, I cannot see why he isn't the front runner! Everything he says makes sense.
Educate me, I'm interested to hear what you've got to say about him.
SS
There are still 700 +- delegates left to get. It would be awesome if people would send him to the convention with as much influence as possible.
93coupelx is offline  
post #30 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 07:34 PM
Lifer
 
93coupelx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Commiefornia
Posts: 1,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreedLove
Man, I don't even know who I support anymore after reading Obama's book I thought I stood behind him, but after reading more and watching his speeches, he doesn't have a plan of action. No body has a plan of action it's all talk just politicians blowin smoke out their ass. Paul seems to be a lesser of evils, but I guess we'll just have to see. He does have quite a "cult" following.
Thought this was relevant to your cult comment. http://news.aol.com/political-machin...-barack-obama/

But there are some bat shit crazies that like him. It happens....
93coupelx is offline  
post #31 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 07:52 PM
Lifer
 
93coupelx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Commiefornia
Posts: 1,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90 Notch
I know I answered, he sounds like he is cooky. His ideas about foreign relations are naive, his idea that the strict and absolute interpretation of the Constitution sounds good on paper, but putting his vision of government into practice is not realistic IMO.

He is anti-war to the point of calling for complete and total pullout of all troops (that is what he said in an interview I saw) in every country that he has deemed as not having attacked us, and I don't trust his judgment to be the one who makes that call.

BTW, I am not surprised you find him interesting.
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/articles/...-to-terrorism/

From what I read here it seems he wants to actually go after the people responsible for 9/11. I bet if you read his book you will change your thoughts on the US asserting it's influence in politics around the world. Heres is one recent example of our politics at work...

http://www.jbs.org/node/7192
93coupelx is offline  
post #32 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 08:08 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South of the Red River
Posts: 3,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93coupelx
Read his book. A foreign policy of freedom. I am seeing our politics at work first hand here in the mid east right now. I am reading alot to try and understand....
Ron Paul's top 3 groups of campaign contributers are The US Army, The US Navy, and The US Airforce. In that order.

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
black01gt is offline  
post #33 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 08:19 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South of the Red River
Posts: 3,332
My legislation entitled The Marque and Reprisal Act of 2007 (HR 3216) makes the surgical strike option available to the President in our mission to capture Bin Laden. Our military has been pursuing him without result for far too long now, and it is high time ALL constitutional tools were utilized in the hunt for this dangerous madman. As an American it sickens me to know that Bin Laden and top leaders of al Qaeda remain at large and thumbing their noses at us, while we unravel the sacred fabric of our constitution out of fear. It is Osama Bin Laden and the perpetrators of terrorist attacks that ought to be afraid of us, not the other way around.

Also, we need to take serious steps to prevent terrorists from gaining easy access to targets on our soil. In a baffling move President Bush struck a deal with Saudi King Abdullah in 2005 to allow 21,000 more Saudi young men into the US on student Visas. We should not be making the goals of would-be terrorists easier to accomplish, but rather should be vigilant about defending against enemies at every turn. They should not be slipping through our doors so easily, using our immigration laws against us
Ron Paul

Doesn't sound "Kooky" to me.

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
black01gt is offline  
post #34 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 08:26 PM
Secular Dogooderist
 
Zarathustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Hive
Posts: 3,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt
My legislation entitled The Marque and Reprisal Act of 2007 (HR 3216) makes the surgical strike option available to the President in our mission to capture Bin Laden. Our military has been pursuing him without result for far too long now, and it is high time ALL constitutional tools were utilized in the hunt for this dangerous madman. As an American it sickens me to know that Bin Laden and top leaders of al Qaeda remain at large and thumbing their noses at us, while we unravel the sacred fabric of our constitution out of fear. It is Osama Bin Laden and the perpetrators of terrorist attacks that ought to be afraid of us, not the other way around.

Also, we need to take serious steps to prevent terrorists from gaining easy access to targets on our soil. In a baffling move President Bush struck a deal with Saudi King Abdullah in 2005 to allow 21,000 more Saudi young men into the US on student Visas. We should not be making the goals of would-be terrorists easier to accomplish, but rather should be vigilant about defending against enemies at every turn. They should not be slipping through our doors so easily, using our immigration laws against us
Ron Paul

Doesn't sound "Kooky" to me.
WTF!! Are those valid arguments coming form a presidential candidate!!?!?!?

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
Zarathustra is offline  
post #35 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 08:33 PM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93coupelx
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/articles/...-to-terrorism/

From what I read here it seems he wants to actually go after the people responsible for 9/11. I bet if you read his book you will change your thoughts on the US asserting it's influence in politics around the world. Heres is one recent example of our politics at work...

http://www.jbs.org/node/7192
Two questions:

Do you think the USA has done more harm than good in the world in the last 100 years?

Do you remember what happened when several states declared independence from the USSR?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #36 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 08:33 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
Of course it does, just because he doesn't reside in America, it doesn't mean his opinion doesn't matter. It matters just as much as a non-voter who is of age, right?
If it matters, it doesn't count...

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #37 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 08:35 PM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt
My legislation entitled The Marque and Reprisal Act of 2007 (HR 3216) makes the surgical strike option available to the President in our mission to capture Bin Laden. Our military has been pursuing him without result for far too long now, and it is high time ALL constitutional tools were utilized in the hunt for this dangerous madman. As an American it sickens me to know that Bin Laden and top leaders of al Qaeda remain at large and thumbing their noses at us, while we unravel the sacred fabric of our constitution out of fear. It is Osama Bin Laden and the perpetrators of terrorist attacks that ought to be afraid of us, not the other way around.

Also, we need to take serious steps to prevent terrorists from gaining easy access to targets on our soil. In a baffling move President Bush struck a deal with Saudi King Abdullah in 2005 to allow 21,000 more Saudi young men into the US on student Visas. We should not be making the goals of would-be terrorists easier to accomplish, but rather should be vigilant about defending against enemies at every turn. They should not be slipping through our doors so easily, using our immigration laws against us
Ron Paul

Doesn't sound "Kooky" to me.
Man, that one point has nothing to do with what I was referring to, so why make it? The kooky stuff has been pointed out but you ignored that, how convenient!

Hell, it may be the typical RP supporter who are the kooky ones and I just painted him with too broad a brush. LOL

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #38 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 08:39 PM
Lifer
 
93coupelx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Commiefornia
Posts: 1,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90 Notch
Two questions:

Do you think the USA has done more harm than good in the world in the last 100 years?

Do you remember what happened when several states declared independence from the USSR?
1. No

2. I would be lying if I said I was up on Russia's politics/history. By several states you mean??
93coupelx is offline  
post #39 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 08:52 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South of the Red River
Posts: 3,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90 Notch
Man, that one point has nothing to do with what I was referring to, so why make it? LOL
Cause I wanted to? Kiss my ass Barney. This ain't "your" thread.

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
black01gt is offline  
post #40 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 09:34 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt
Ron Paul's top 3 groups of campaign contributers are The US Army, The US Navy, and The US Airforce. In that order.
Dude, come on, were talking less than 200K between all three. The only reason the others don't show the contributions is because their "Top Contributors" out financed the military. They give to everyone.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #41 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 09:56 PM
Lifer
 
93coupelx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Commiefornia
Posts: 1,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
Dude, come on, were talking less than 200K between all three. The only reason the others don't show the contributions is because their "Top Contributors" out financed the military. They give to everyone.
We don't make alot of money...He raised more than the others combined from the military. I think it is note worthy.
93coupelx is offline  
post #42 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 10:00 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93coupelx
We don't make alot of money...He raised more than the others combined from the military. I think it is note worthy.
So is he saying that he received that much from the actual Military or from Military personnel? And why, as a military person, do you think it's important that you give your hard earned dollars for someone that seems like a long stretch to win?
Cheers,
SS

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
-Samuel Johnson
Stang Seller is offline  
post #43 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 10:10 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93coupelx
We don't make alot of money...He raised more than the others combined from the military. I think it is note worthy.
You also gave almost an equal amount to Barrack Obama, should I support him as well?

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #44 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 10:24 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South of the Red River
Posts: 3,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
The only reason the others don't show the contributions is because their "Top Contributors" out financed the military.
No big surprise there.

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
black01gt is offline  
post #45 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 10:25 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South of the Red River
Posts: 3,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
You also gave almost an equal amount to Barrack Obama, should I support him as well?
I don't often ask this but...got proof?

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
black01gt is offline  
post #46 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 10:25 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt
No big surprise there.
None at all for me.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #47 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 10:30 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South of the Red River
Posts: 3,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang Seller
So is he saying that he received that much from the actual Military or from Military personnel? And why, as a military person, do you think it's important that you give your hard earned dollars for someone that seems like a long stretch to win?
Cheers,
SS
Sorry. Military personnel.
Cause RP is the only one that can convice anyone that he'll get their asses out of the cluster fucked and dangerous money funnel of Bush/Cheney.

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
black01gt is offline  
post #48 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 10:31 PM
Lifer
 
93coupelx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Commiefornia
Posts: 1,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
You also gave almost an equal amount to Barrack Obama, should I support him as well?
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/press-rel...s-combined/ing

I was looking here to try and verify http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/index.asp

I couldn't find that info for Obama. I was just saying it is note worthy.
93coupelx is offline  
post #49 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 10:46 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South of the Red River
Posts: 3,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93coupelx
I was looking here to try and verify http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/index.asp
Nice link. Interesting that over 43.6% of all campaign cost goes to "administrative". I bet Rudy is a happy loser.

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
black01gt is offline  
post #50 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 11:22 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93coupelx
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/press-rel...s-combined/ing

I was looking here to try and verify http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/index.asp

I couldn't find that info for Obama. I was just saying it is note worthy.
Quote:
The center tallied money from donors who list the Air Force, Army, Marines, Navy and National Guard as an employer. Overall, these donations are miniscule: Obama got 44 contributions worth about $27,000 and Paul 23 for about $19,300. Republican John McCain, an Iraq war supporter and Vietnam prisoner of war, was third with about $18,500 from 32 donors.
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=3601542

Again, we're cutting hairs over a few thousand dollars on campaigns that will run into the hundreds of millions.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome