General Election, who is America most likley to vote for - DFWstangs Forums
View Poll Results: Who is America most likley to vote for...
White Male 18 94.74%
Black Male 0 0%
White Female 1 5.26%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-24-2008, 11:55 AM Thread Starter
Hustlin'

General Election, Race/Gender an issue or not?

Take stance on issues out of the evaluation...

Will America base their choice on Gender/Race/Color?

Is today's America blind to Gender/Race/Color on Voting day?

"Jesus has my heart, but Whiskey has my liver" --Jason Boland

Last edited by ScottJ; 02-24-2008 at 10:42 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 12:03 AM
Lifer

I don't like your poll.

Unless you are a small minded provincial rube, then race and gender will have no bearing on your decision making process.

I will be voting on where a candidate stands on the issues. And so should everyone else.

If Obama was a true centrist Democrat he would get my vote. He's a hard core liberal, so I X'd him off of my list. The election should not be about race, but I realize that it will be for some people in this country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 12:08 AM Thread Starter
Hustlin'

My vote will be blind to race, color, and gender.

Do you think the majority of Americans will vote the same way? Why or why not?

As of now, I haven't decided who to vote for.

--Scott

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 01:08 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottJ
My vote will be blind to race, color, and gender.

Do you think the majority of Americans will vote the same way? Why or why not?

As of now, I haven't decided who to vote for.

--Scott
What the hell. I'll be marginally optimistic for once.

I do feel that the majority of voting adults will be voting on the issues, principally issues surrounding the economy.

However, I believe there will be a segment of voters both black and white that will be voting simply based on race. There will be black voters who will vote for Obama simply because he is black. There will be white voters who will vote for a white candidate simply because they don't want to cast a vote for Obama. There will also be a large Hispanic voting bloc supporting Obama simply because he advocates giving illegal immigrants a free hall pass. That's an inevitable truth.

All you can do is hope for the best, but expect the worst.

I too am currently an undecided voter, but I will be making my decision after the Democratic/Republican National Convention.

This election has been more difficult for me thaN previous elections. I don't like any of the leading candidates and am still trying to figure out who will do the least amount of harm in the Whitehouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.

Last edited by Mustangman_2000; 02-26-2008 at 08:04 AM.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 02:47 AM Thread Starter
Hustlin'

If someone could convince me which candidate will put the most emphasis on investing on domestic infrastructure & protection while significantly retracting our global philanthropy, I'd vote for that person.

I will live and die in an global marketplace, so effective strategic foreign policy is a must for this country. I say if we have the military power, and interest in other country's resources, we should fight for them the old fashioned way, but maybe thats not diplomatic or humanitarian enough. Either way, it won't fly in todays global 'PC' culture.

Because of the GREAT benefits available to citizenship within the US, I strongly believe our immigration policy should be tight, selective, and challenging; making those that wish to participate in the American way of life to earn it thoroughly.

Our flagrant use of taxpayer money abroad, lax boarder control, and nearly unenforceable immigration policy will destroy this country's infrastructure.

So show me the candidate that puts Domestic affairs on the front burner, and starts tightening the belt at our borders. And would someone please acknowledge that homeland security is and should be a function of the department of defense!

Sorry that was all a bit winded given the thread topic.

--Scott

Last edited by ScottJ; 02-26-2008 at 02:55 AM.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 05:56 AM
Lifer

Race and gender will guide a lot of middle-aged white americans. Sorry, but it's the truth. Personally, I don't want a woman for president at this time. Though I could respect her, most of the world may not, especially in a time of war.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 06:21 AM Thread Starter
Hustlin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
Race and gender will guide a lot of middle-aged white americans. Sorry, but it's the truth. Personally, I don't want a woman for president at this time. Though I could respect her, most of the world may not, especially in a time of war.
These are also my assumptions.

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 07:50 AM

Quote:
If Obama was a true centrist Democrat he would get my vote.
A centrist Democrat could never get my vote... but O hasn't won yet.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 08:35 AM
Time Served

I have a black friend and we discussed this issue and he said "honestly most of the people I know will vote for Obama cause he's black". This is from him and I think it's sad.
I don't base it off race, I base it on who loves and is out for the best interest of our nation, As well as their morals and values.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 08:54 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Up0n0ne
I have a black friend and we discussed this issue and he said "honestly most of the people I know will vote for Obama cause he's black". This is from him and I think it's sad.
Boy...didn't that one coming.

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 09:05 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Up0n0ne
I don't base it off race, I base it on who loves and is out for the best interest of our nation, As well as their morals and values.
It's a little more than "he's black" If that was the case Sharpton and Jackson would have garnered many more votes when they did their runs.

Obama (1/2 black) has a great presence and someone the black voter believes they can be proud of.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 09:07 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
It's a little more than "he's black" If that was the case Sharpton and Jackson would have garnered many more votes when they did their runs.

Obama (1/2 black) has a great presence and someone the black voter believes they can be proud of.

Again, not my words.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement