Michelle Obama's speech just continues... - DFWstangs Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 222 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 08:15 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Michelle Obama's speech just continues...

a long string of Democratic spouses who say things they shouldn't. Here is the excerpt (in bold) that I have a problem with:

"What we have learned over this year is that hope is making a comeback. It is making a comeback. And let me tell you something -- for the first time in my adult lifetime, I am really proud of my country. And not just because Barack has done well, but because I think people are hungry for change. And I have been desperate to see our country moving in that direction and just not feeling so alone in my frustration and disappointment. I've seen people who are hungry to be unified around some basic common issues, and it's made me proud."

Now I ask a few questions:

Is there anyone else who feels that they have never been proud of this country?

How can these words be misinterpreted or explained away?

Why do no Republican presidential spouses say these types of things?

Isn't this just another in a long line of Democratic spouses saying things that are either lies or that are just so off the wall that there is no reasonable expalanation? Example: Hillary called it a "right wing conspiracy" while we were accusing Bill of all his lies and cheating all the while she knew it was true. Then there is Bill as the spouse, and well, he is Bill!

Did Michelle Obama not hear her husbands speech about words mattering?

And last but not least, is there anyone who still wonders why I call liberals angry and hostile?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 222 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 08:17 PM
Secular Dogooderist
 
Zarathustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Hive
Posts: 3,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90 Notch
a long string of Democratic spouses who say things they shouldn't. Here is the excerpt (in bold) that I have a problem with:

"What we have learned over this year is that hope is making a comeback. It is making a comeback. And let me tell you something -- for the first time in my adult lifetime, I am really proud of my country. And not just because Barack has done well, but because I think people are hungry for change. And I have been desperate to see our country moving in that direction and just not feeling so alone in my frustration and disappointment. I've seen people who are hungry to be unified around some basic common issues, and it's made me proud."

Now I ask a few questions:

Is there anyone else who feels that they have never been proud of this country?

How can these words be misinterpreted or explained away?

Why do no Republican presidential spouses say these types of things?

Isn't this just another in a long line of Democratic spouses saying things that are either lies or that are just so off the wall that there is no reasonable expalanation? Example: Hillary called it a "right wing conspiracy" while we were accusing Bill of all his lies and cheating all the while she knew it was true. Then there is Bill as the spouse, and well, he is Bill!

Did Michelle Obama not hear her husbands speech about words mattering?

And last but not least, is there anyone who still wonders why I call liberals angry and hostile?

Could you define liberal in your own words?

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
Zarathustra is offline  
post #3 of 222 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 08:48 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 5,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
Could you define liberal in your own words?
Oo! Oo! I know!

Liberal (lib-ruhl) - Anyone even slightly to the left of my far-right political leanings.

Thus sayeth 90.
gpamp is offline  
 
post #4 of 222 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 08:52 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 5,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90 Notch
a long string of Democratic spouses who say things they shouldn't. Here is the excerpt (in bold) that I have a problem with:

"What we have learned over this year is that hope is making a comeback. It is making a comeback. And let me tell you something -- for the first time in my adult lifetime, I am really proud of my country. And not just because Barack has done well, but because I think people are hungry for change. And I have been desperate to see our country moving in that direction and just not feeling so alone in my frustration and disappointment. I've seen people who are hungry to be unified around some basic common issues, and it's made me proud."

Now I ask a few questions:

Is there anyone else who feels that they have never been proud of this country?

How can these words be misinterpreted or explained away?

Why do no Republican presidential spouses say these types of things?

Isn't this just another in a long line of Democratic spouses saying things that are either lies or that are just so off the wall that there is no reasonable expalanation? Example: Hillary called it a "right wing conspiracy" while we were accusing Bill of all his lies and cheating all the while she knew it was true. Then there is Bill as the spouse, and well, he is Bill!

Did Michelle Obama not hear her husbands speech about words mattering?

And last but not least, is there anyone who still wonders why I call liberals angry and hostile?
If you need something to grasp at, just ask:

gpamp is offline  
post #5 of 222 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 09:25 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp
If you need something to grasp at, just ask:

You better hope...coupled with his plagiarizing, this could get interesting.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #6 of 222 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 09:33 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
Could you define liberal in your own words?
Bring me some tacos and I'll tell ya.
LootyGuy is offline  
post #7 of 222 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 09:39 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by LootyGuy
Bring me some tacos and I'll tell ya.
Zing!...

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #8 of 222 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 10:39 PM
CJD
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp
If you need something to grasp at, just ask:

LoL. Pretty good one.
CJD is offline  
post #9 of 222 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 10:40 PM
CJD
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by LootyGuy
Bring me some tacos and I'll tell ya.
If he's gonna bring you some Tacos, I want some too. I like mine with tomatoes and sour cream.
CJD is offline  
post #10 of 222 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 10:45 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.
 
Slowhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howard Johnson's Earthlight Room
Posts: 12,279
i'm not worried about what she's saying.

i'm worried about how well he is doing after saying so little. like i said earlier, he's a master manipulator of people and the press.

the guy is a preacher. you watch the speaches and he talks about the beginnings and the ends, but he doesn't talk about the means.

Slowhand is offline  
post #11 of 222 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 10:47 PM
Lifer
 
Ronin6135's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 1,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHC

the guy is a preacher. you watch the speaches and he talks about the beginnings and the ends, but he doesn't talk about the means.

Thank god im not the only one that Thinks that!!!

I honestly don't see how someone could vote for him.

02-z28
Ronin6135 is offline  
post #12 of 222 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 10:48 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.
 
Slowhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howard Johnson's Earthlight Room
Posts: 12,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin6135
Thank god im not the only one that Thinks that!!!

I honestly don't see how someone could vote for him.
i see him speak and i just can't help but think of that joel olsteen dude!

Slowhand is offline  
post #13 of 222 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 10:58 PM
BP
Keep your unicorns
 
BP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: At the Dexter Lake Club
Posts: 12,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin6135
Thank god im not the only one that Thinks that!!!

I honestly don't see how someone could vote for him.
Mark Levin agrees, his entire show today was about it. He hates Clinton, McCain and Obama so he's not biased.

I want my $2500 discounted healthcare premiums, lower taxes and higher wages he's promising though.
BP is offline  
post #14 of 222 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 11:01 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.
 
Slowhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howard Johnson's Earthlight Room
Posts: 12,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by BP
Mark Levin agrees, his entire show today was about it. He hates Clinton, McCain and Obama so he's not biased.
that's pretty much how I feel.

i can only hope that ron paul can pull a reagan and yank a ton of delegates out of nowhere.

Slowhand is offline  
post #15 of 222 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 11:01 PM
CJD
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin6135
Thank god im not the only one that Thinks that!!!

I honestly don't see how someone could vote for him.
You're nowhere near the only person that thinks that. As I said in another post, there was a poll done where obama supporters were asked about his accomplishments in the senate and most couldn't name one. I mean, I have to admit. I know what Hillary is about, however, I don't know what Obama is about. All I know is that he seems like a great guy, but in all of his speeches, I hear about what he says he would do as President, but not HOW he would proceed to accomplish these things. Hillary has picked up on that and she's trying to use that to her advantage, but it won't work.
CJD is offline  
post #16 of 222 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 11:02 PM
Lifer
 
Trip McNeely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 29,396
I for the first time believe that no candidate is worthy, and am worried about the next 4 years.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

Trip McNeely is offline  
post #17 of 222 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 11:02 PM
CJD
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHC
that's pretty much how I feel.

i can only hope that ron paul can pull a reagan and yank a ton of delegates out of nowhere.
Anybody that blames America for 9/11 should NEVER be President although I agree with alot of his platform..
CJD is offline  
post #18 of 222 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 11:07 PM
Lifer
 
Ronin6135's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 1,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BAD06
I for the first time believe that no candidate is worthy, and am worried about the next 4 years.
Me too.. Im am really worried, and for the first time in my life will more than likely not vote. I just can't bring myself to vote for any of them.

02-z28
Ronin6135 is offline  
post #19 of 222 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 11:12 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
Could you define liberal in your own words?
I have done it many times. Do a little research taco philosopher.

Now answer the questions posed or get out of my thread boy! LOL

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #20 of 222 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 11:13 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 5,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
You better hope...coupled with his plagiarizing, this could get interesting.
The plagiarizing wasn't exactly plagiarizing. The guy that wrote the original speech, is heading up Obama's campaign.

Speaking of... didn't McCain say there won't be any new taxes? Is H.W. cool with that? (History repeats itself. H.W. Bush raised taxes)
gpamp is offline  
post #21 of 222 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 11:13 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp
If you need something to grasp at, just ask:

Are you gonna answer the questions posed, or continue to be my bitch?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #22 of 222 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 11:15 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.
 
Slowhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howard Johnson's Earthlight Room
Posts: 12,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJD
Anybody that blames America for 9/11 should NEVER be President although I agree with alot of his platform..
He has some cooky views for sure that I definitely don't agree with, but quite frankly the country needs an economically minded President, not the two socialists on the democratic side and certainly not mccain who will do nothing but further divide the republican party.

that and he'll at least put up a fight against the anti-gun nuts.

Slowhand is offline  
post #23 of 222 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 11:15 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
You better hope...coupled with his plagiarizing, this could get interesting.
LOL, how ironic he plagiarized a speech about how important words are, then she says this anti-American stuff. The Dems are imploding before they get to their convention. Obama may be Kerry-licious!

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #24 of 222 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 11:17 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp
The plagiarizing wasn't exactly plagiarizing. The guy that wrote the original speech, is heading up Obama's campaign.

Speaking of... didn't McCain say there won't be any new taxes? Is H.W. cool with that? (History repeats itself. H.W. Bush raised taxes)
Answer the questions posed before you go asking questions of your own in my thread chump. Or are you still my bitch!

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #25 of 222 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 11:21 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.
 
Slowhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howard Johnson's Earthlight Room
Posts: 12,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90 Notch
Answer the questions posed before you go asking questions of your own in my thread chump. Or are you still my bitch!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90 Notch
LOL, how ironic he plagiarized a speech about how important words are, then she says this anti-American stuff. The Dems are imploding before they get to their convention. Obama may be Kerry-licious!
i want to be on your side here, but if you keep saying stuff like this it's going to be impossible.

Slowhand is offline  
post #26 of 222 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 11:28 PM
CJD
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHC
He has some cooky views for sure that I definitely don't agree with, but quite frankly the country needs an economically minded President, not the two socialists on the democratic side and certainly not mccain who will do nothing but further divide the republican party.

that and he'll at least put up a fight against the anti-gun nuts.
Well, but it's also a double-edged sword, because while he might be good economically, I'm worried about how lightly he takes this terrorism thing. He seems to think that if we just leave them alone, they won't bother us, and that they're not a threat. That's like a geek thinking that if he just leaves the bully alone, the bully won't bother him.
CJD is offline  
post #27 of 222 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 11:30 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.
 
Slowhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howard Johnson's Earthlight Room
Posts: 12,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJD
Well, but it's also a double-edged sword, because while he might be good economically, I'm worried about how lightly he takes this terrorism thing. He seems to think that if we just leave them alone, they won't bother us, and that they're not a threat. That's like a geek thinking that if he just leaves the bully alone, the bully won't bother him.
I completely understand and agree with your concerns, but it's not like 2 of the 3 alternatives are any better, and the 3rd might as we be useless on everything else.

Slowhand is offline  
post #28 of 222 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 11:36 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHC
i want to be on your side here, but if you keep saying stuff like this it's going to be impossible.
LOL, you must have missed the thread where he accused me of being a child molestor, huh? Once he apologizes for that, the language gets toned down, until then, no thanks.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #29 of 222 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 11:50 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 5,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90 Notch
Are you gonna answer the questions posed, or continue to be my bitch?
It's a cute game you play.

You throw out whatever you hear on AM radio, without understanding what you're saying, or even knowing the answer to your own questions. Then, when I dismiss your question as being either a rhetorical question (look that up, because I really don't think you know what "rhetorical" means), or a fictitious rant with no basis in truth whatsoever, you just yell that I "didn't answer your question." And I guess that's supposed to make you look like you "punked" me or something. Unfortunately, it shows you as being bullish (as SOHC noticed) and ignorant.

Ignorant, because you're asking questions, not because you're curious, or don't know. You assume you know all. You're asking stupid Hannitized questions because you think "if I can somehow back him into a corner... I'll have at least ONE small victory in my senseless life." Bullish, because you sound like a complete and total douche-bag when you ask your rhetorical questions, and you get even more bull-headed when I don't answer them, because they're RHETORICAL (have I told you to look that up, yet?)

I dismissed your question, because it really wasn't a question, now, was it? You were trying to make a point, that you believed was right. And you weren't going to be persuaded of that. Unfortunately, your point was, as it was when it was proposed by RushHannityORileyetc., a desperate attempt to grasp at straws because other than policy you and your party don't agree with, Obama doesn't have any skeletons in his closet. And the right-wing noise machine doesn't know what to do.

Keep trying. If nothing else, at all, you're amusing.
gpamp is offline  
post #30 of 222 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 11:52 PM
CJD
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHC
I completely understand and agree with your concerns, but it's not like 2 of the 3 alternatives are any better, and the 3rd might as we be useless on everything else.
It's all in the way you look at it. There's no perfect candidate, and I can come up with a list of negatives for every candidate.
CJD is offline  
post #31 of 222 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 11:53 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.
 
Slowhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howard Johnson's Earthlight Room
Posts: 12,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJD
It's all in the way you look at it. There's no perfect candidate, and I can come up with a list of negatives for every candidate.
it's disappointing that it's coming down to 'vote for the lesser evil'.

Slowhand is offline  
post #32 of 222 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 11:55 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 5,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90 Notch
LOL, you must have missed the thread where he accused me of being a child molestor, huh? Once he apologizes for that, the language gets toned down, until then, no thanks.
Yeah. That's exACTLY how it went down.

I'll explain this to SOHC, because I don't want him to think I called you a molester without any reason.

90 spent a year calling me a drug addict. Every time I said something he didn't like, he'd point out that I smoke pot.

I don't smoke pot. I never have. I've never even had a cigarette, or cigar.

I asked him to stop. Explained to him that I'm not on drugs. However, he continued the slander.

So I decided I could fight back exactly the way he does. With pointless accusations. Me, never to be outdone, went with something harsher.

So, that's why I called him a child molester. Sometimes I think 90 can't understand these kind of things. I think "he HAS to know that I called him that, because he won't quit telling everyone I do drugs." But other times, I think he DOES understand it, but he'd much rather turn it around, and use it against me (like now).

And 90, you know as good as I do, that if I apologized for that, you'd have to apologize for calling me a drug addict. And you don't apologize. Further, you'd never "tone down the language." You're quite the douche bag. And I think people see that, now.
gpamp is offline  
post #33 of 222 (permalink) Old 02-21-2008, 12:06 AM
CJD
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHC
it's disappointing that it's coming down to 'vote for the lesser evil'.
Well, but isn't that EVERY election?? I mean, like I said, there's no perfect candidate, and never will be. They will ALL have their downsides. Sometimes it takes seeing them on the job to see their downsides.
CJD is offline  
post #34 of 222 (permalink) Old 02-21-2008, 07:21 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Last night I saw Chris Mathews grilling some poor bastard about naming just one of Obama's "accomplishments" in the senate, and he couldn't do it. He's MLK incarnate, 50 years too late...we've already had the civil rights movement.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #35 of 222 (permalink) Old 02-21-2008, 08:35 AM
Lifer
 
67camino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Nevada,Texas Custom Tranny Builder
Posts: 1,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp
It's a cute game you play.

You throw out whatever you hear on AM radio, without understanding what you're saying, or even knowing the answer to your own questions. Then, when I dismiss your question as being either a rhetorical question (look that up, because I really don't think you know what "rhetorical" means), or a fictitious rant with no basis in truth whatsoever, you just yell that I "didn't answer your question." And I guess that's supposed to make you look like you "punked" me or something. Unfortunately, it shows you as being bullish (as SOHC noticed) and ignorant.

Ignorant, because you're asking questions, not because you're curious, or don't know. You assume you know all. You're asking stupid Hannitized questions because you think "if I can somehow back him into a corner... I'll have at least ONE small victory in my senseless life." Bullish, because you sound like a complete and total douche-bag when you ask your rhetorical questions, and you get even more bull-headed when I don't answer them, because they're RHETORICAL (have I told you to look that up, yet?)

I dismissed your question, because it really wasn't a question, now, was it? You were trying to make a point, that you believed was right. And you weren't going to be persuaded of that. Unfortunately, your point was, as it was when it was proposed by RushHannityORileyetc., a desperate attempt to grasp at straws because other than policy you and your party don't agree with, Obama doesn't have any skeletons in his closet. And the right-wing noise machine doesn't know what to do.

Keep trying. If nothing else, at all, you're amusing.
Obama is his own skeleton. His wifes coments are just stupid and unamerican. Every American should be thankful and proud of America every day the live in this free country. If not the dumb bitch should get the fuck out and take her muslim husband with her.
67camino is offline  
post #36 of 222 (permalink) Old 02-21-2008, 09:08 AM
Lifer
 
MadMax404m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: carrollton
Posts: 1,275
Meet the Obama’s



As the Obama juggernaut continues to press on, I thought it would be useful to continue our look at the Democrat frontrunner and the would-be first lady, Michelle Obama, as both are making headlines. First, the candidate and his record.



National Journal, a respected non-partisan political magazine, recently published its 2007 Vote Ratings. The ratings employ computer-assisted analysis to examine and rank congressional votes. And you may be surprised to know who came in as the most liberal member of the U.S. Senate. Hillary Clinton? Nope. Ted Kennedy? No. John Kerry? Wrong.



According to National Journal rankings, which analyzed 99 key Senate votes, the most liberal senator in 2007 was Barack Obama, who took the liberal position on 65 of the 66 key votes on which he voted.



On Campaign for Working Families; Congressional Scorecard, Obama has cast only one conservative vote out of 48 key votes we have tracked since he joined the Senate in 2005. That would give him a 2% pro-family score with CWF! Hillary is only marginally better, at 5%, with four extra years of service.



The release of National Journal scorecard was well-timed coming as Obama was comparing himself favorably to President Ronald Reagan, and as some conservatives are even praising Obama for his charm and vision. I suppose these qualities are refreshing when Obama is compared with his primary rival, Hillary Rodham Clinton!



Folks who listen to Obama speak may feel uplifted and inspired, but there is rarely anything substantive in his speeches. Obama often does not go into detail about his political views or public policy record, preferring instead to present abstract visions of unity and hope for the future. If he did go into detail, he would surely put off most Republicans, not to mention many Independents and moderate Democrats. In fact, we may see blue collar Democrats coming back to the GOP this year, as they did in 1980 and 1984.



Polls indicate Barack Obama chances of winning the Democrat Presidential nomination is on the rise, and he may well be that party nominee this fall. It is therefore high time that voters look beyond the rhetoric and take a good look at the record of the U.S. Senate most liberal member.





Michelle Obama and America (Or the lack of spirit)



Michelle Obama, wife of Democrat frontrunner Barack Obama, shocked a lot of people over the weekend when she said this: For the first time in my adult lifetime I am proud of my country. Wow! That takes my breath away. Mrs. Obama is 44 years old, so for over roughly 24 years of adulthood, taking her at her word, she has never been proud of our nation. Is there

a theme here? You may remember that last year Senator Obama said he refused to wear a flag lapel pin because it represented a substitute for true patriotism. And what precisely is true patriotism? According to Senator Barack Hussein Obama, it is opposing the war in Iraq.



Apparently nothing America did from 1982 to 2008 caused her heart to swell with pride. Not our successful effort to defeat Soviet communism and liberate millions of people in Eastern Europe? Not our relief efforts around the world, through which we spent billions to help the downtrodden? Not anything?



When she learned with all the rest of us how her fellow citizens on United Flight 93 bravely fought back against jihadist hijackers and prevented another disaster on September 11th; did she not fill up with pride? As Americans of all races and classes rallied together in defense of our nation in the aftermath of September 11th, did her spirit not jump with love for her homeland? Apparently not.



The Obamas are living examples of the American Dream. Both Michelle Obama and her husband have Ivy League degrees. They make a joint income of over one million dollars a year. They live lives that most ordinary Americans can only dream of. Yet, Mrs. Obama, who wants to be first lady, has been unable to find the pride in America that millions of ordinary Americans feel every day.



Hmm.........

71 Camaro 355sbc 6.472 @ 104mph/10.311 @ 128
Powered by: Tripp Motorsports E85 carburetor

NHRA Super Street-4040
IHRA Hot Rod-404
NHRA ET-404M
IHRA SSS-4X4M

How am I supposed to get my own T-Shirt with all those different numbers?
MadMax404m is offline  
post #37 of 222 (permalink) Old 02-21-2008, 10:08 AM
Lifer
 
VETTKLR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: TX Panhandle
Posts: 1,649
Hmm.... indeed!

That's certainly interesting stuff. Where'd you find that? Kinda' sounds like Hillary's people wrote that up, to me. I'm not calling BS or anything...just wondering.

VETTKLR is offline  
post #38 of 222 (permalink) Old 02-21-2008, 10:32 AM
Lifer
 
MadMax404m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: carrollton
Posts: 1,275
After hearing the HARDBALL interview with chris matthews over and over again, i get the picture this report is legit although i did get it in an email at work so who knows just figured id slap it up and see what you guys though

71 Camaro 355sbc 6.472 @ 104mph/10.311 @ 128
Powered by: Tripp Motorsports E85 carburetor

NHRA Super Street-4040
IHRA Hot Rod-404
NHRA ET-404M
IHRA SSS-4X4M

How am I supposed to get my own T-Shirt with all those different numbers?
MadMax404m is offline  
post #39 of 222 (permalink) Old 02-21-2008, 10:34 AM
Aspiring Bean Counter.
 
Slowhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howard Johnson's Earthlight Room
Posts: 12,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
Last night I saw Chris Mathews grilling some poor bastard about naming just one of Obama's "accomplishments" in the senate, and he couldn't do it. He's MLK incarnate, 50 years too late...we've already had the civil rights movement.
That's pretty much it. He's a preacher and nothing more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJD
Well, but isn't that EVERY election?? I mean, like I said, there's no perfect candidate, and never will be. They will ALL have their downsides. Sometimes it takes seeing them on the job to see their downsides.
That's true, but at least there are generally more positives with one candidate than negatives, but I'm not sure that there's a single candidate that I agree with on more things than I disagree with him on.

Slowhand is offline  
post #40 of 222 (permalink) Old 02-21-2008, 10:57 AM
Punk Ass Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: on the sea
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90 Notch
Is there anyone else who feels that they have never been proud of this country?
proud of raping and killing innocent people living in the land of the free and home of the brave and calling it discovery then bullying the rest of the planet?
no, that does not make many proud.

ModdinArt is offline  
post #41 of 222 (permalink) Old 02-21-2008, 11:12 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Well, she did say she was really proud of her country... doesn't mean she wasn't proud before just that she is really proud of her country now.

Moddinart, on the other hand, is an idiot.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #42 of 222 (permalink) Old 02-21-2008, 11:24 AM
Worship me
 
AL P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 34,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp
Unfortunately, your point was, as it was when it was proposed by RushHannityORileyetc., a desperate attempt to grasp at straws because other than policy you and your party don't agree with, Obama doesn't have any skeletons in his closet. And the right-wing noise machine doesn't know what to do.
"Other than policy". Interesting choice of words since policy should matter the most.

I'm afraid you also may not have noticed that McCain really has no skeletons in his closet either. Maybe the Dems can start a smear campaign by saying that the Hanoi Hilton (look it up and educate yourself) had running water. It wouldn't suprise me if they did.
AL P is offline  
post #43 of 222 (permalink) Old 02-21-2008, 11:27 AM
Worship me
 
AL P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 34,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModdinArt
proud of raping and killing innocent people living in the land of the free and home of the brave and calling it discovery then bullying the rest of the planet?
no, that does not make many proud.
OH BOO HOO. You mean our foreign policy is much like every other industrialized nation? Get out of here with that nonsense you fucking clown!
AL P is offline  
post #44 of 222 (permalink) Old 02-21-2008, 11:32 AM
Worship me
 
AL P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 34,345
On the topic of the original post, I don't care for Obama and his fairytales of magically fixing the government, I'd chalk it up to a spur of the moment poor choice of words or just pandering for extreme left votes (fruitcakes like ModdinArt). I kind of doubt that the wife of a senator has never been proud of her country, that makes little sense.
AL P is offline  
post #45 of 222 (permalink) Old 02-21-2008, 11:34 AM
Punk Ass Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: on the sea
Posts: 17
mmm no
Ours is to invade, conquor, , ect.
While I have no idea how many countries we have invaded at this point, our only two attacks here have been by invitation so we could go attack others without a bunch of people who think their vote counts gettin fussy.

we are unlike any other country.

ModdinArt is offline  
post #46 of 222 (permalink) Old 02-21-2008, 11:38 AM
Worship me
 
AL P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 34,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModdinArt
mmm no
Ours is to invade, conquor, , ect.
While I have no idea how many countries we have invaded at this point, our only two attacks here have been by invitation so we could go attack others without a bunch of people who think their vote counts gettin fussy.

we are unlike any other country.
You've got the part about "not having an idea" absolutely correct. They have these things called history books. I encourage you to read one sometime. Then come have an intelligent conversation about how we are "unlike any other country".

People like you are what is wrong with this country. You'll believe anything.
AL P is offline  
post #47 of 222 (permalink) Old 02-21-2008, 11:42 AM
Punk Ass Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: on the sea
Posts: 17
you find me an honest history book and I will read it.
Our kids are still taught Christopher Columbus discovered america.
lol

ModdinArt is offline  
post #48 of 222 (permalink) Old 02-21-2008, 11:46 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModdinArt
you find me an honest history book and I will read it.
Our kids are still taught Christopher Columbus discovered america.
lol
Let's not get off point...have you NEVER been proud of this country? You have a nice family, and appear to do well, and you can certainly live anywhere you like. Why in the world would you want to stay in this miserable hovel full of rapists' and warmongers?

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #49 of 222 (permalink) Old 02-21-2008, 11:51 AM
Lifer
 
MadMax404m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: carrollton
Posts: 1,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModdinArt
you find me an honest history book and I will read it.
Our kids are still taught Christopher Columbus discovered america.
lol

Not true, we were taught he founded the western hemisphere

71 Camaro 355sbc 6.472 @ 104mph/10.311 @ 128
Powered by: Tripp Motorsports E85 carburetor

NHRA Super Street-4040
IHRA Hot Rod-404
NHRA ET-404M
IHRA SSS-4X4M

How am I supposed to get my own T-Shirt with all those different numbers?
MadMax404m is offline  
post #50 of 222 (permalink) Old 02-21-2008, 12:23 PM
Punk Ass Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: on the sea
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
Let's not get off point...have you NEVER been proud of this country? You have a nice family, and appear to do well, and you can certainly live anywhere you like. Why in the world would you want to stay in this miserable hovel full of rapists' and warmongers?
No. I have never been proud of this country. I am proud of our heros that protect what they believe in. I do know a hero when I see one. I just have never believed in much that amerca stands for... domination in my eyes.
I do have a wonderful family and am doing well but I do give credit to geography.
I'd be doing just as well in the outback if they'd have us.

ModdinArt is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome