Has anyone else noticed that Obama...... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 05:20 PM Thread Starter
Where is Ms. Right?

Has anyone else noticed that Obama......

sounds just like "The Rock" when he gives his speeches? I'm talking about Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, back in the days when he wrestled on WWF or WWE. He has the same tone of voice......

discuss

"Don't be with someone you can live with, be with someone you can't live without"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 05:25 PM
Lifer

<------ waits for gpamp, stang seller, and zurethra to come in overly defensive in 4..3..2..

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 06:36 PM
Secular Dogooderist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90 Notch
<------ waits for gpamp, stang seller, and zurethra to come in overly defensive in 4..3..2..
That is definitely worse that any of those stupid fuckers that dance around this board posting "first!!" in every thread they post first in. Now, this guy, is original...

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris

post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 06:39 PM
Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Do you smell what barak is cookin?
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 06:42 PM
Secular Dogooderist

How 'bout:
KNOW YOUR ROLE, AND SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!!

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 06:46 PM
Sexual Tyrannosaurus

even an obama apologist like you has to admit he has a very distinctive style of speaking.
post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 07:06 PM
Secular Dogooderist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawkins
even an obama apologist like you has to admit he has a very distinctive style of speaking.
Pardon me, but upon what evidence do you base the claim that I'm an Obama apologist?

I am and never have claimed to be such a thing, I do not endorse any candidate. In fact the only time I've heard him speak was at the DNC last year when he introduced John Kerry. I am staunchly anti-primaries this election season, and it feels great!

having said that, a distinctive style of speaking is an absolute necessity in this day in age, especially when the man whose shoes you are trying to fill is a complete waste of cognitive investment, he speaks publicly just as an infant does. Anything aside from that is wholeheartedly welcome in my opinion.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
-Sam Harris
post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 07:13 PM
Sexual Tyrannosaurus

I need no evidence if I'm just fucking with you. I have no opinion about your politics or anyone else's for that matter. The opinion that obama sounds like the rock has been regurgitated all over the radio for weeks now....
post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 07:16 PM
Secular Dogooderist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawkins
I need no evidence if I'm just fucking with you. I have no opinion about your politics or anyone else's for that matter. The opinion that obama sounds like the rock has been regurgitated all over the radio for weeks now....
Huh. I wouldn't have any idea. I did away with TV and more importantly the Radio a long time ago. The radio got boycotted in or around my high school years and TV went out the window about 2 years ago. I just don't trust anything I'm told, so TV after a while seemed to me to be alot more redundant than I originally thought.

It's pleasant, I'll tell you what...

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
-Sam Harris
post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 07:19 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
Pardon me, but upon what evidence do you base the claim that I'm an Obama apologist?
Wow. I'm actually on your side here. You haven't said anything that I've seen that would lead me to believe you're an Obama supporter.

And as far as Obama sounding like the Rock, it's part of his get-up. If you get people to ignore the issues for a while and you win the popularity contest, you can win the presidency.

post #11 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 08:14 PM
Secular Dogooderist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHC
Wow. I'm actually on your side here. You haven't said anything that I've seen that would lead me to believe you're an Obama supporter.

And as far as Obama sounding like the Rock, it's part of his get-up. If you get people to ignore the issues for a while and you win the popularity contest, you can win the presidency.
I think we're on the same side on alot of things, just throw in a little contempt for man, a little atheism, and little philosophy and you got me. I mean, we are, at our base, 311 fans, so not much else can be said...

BTW--you know that's Hexum and the boys in my avatar, right?

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
-Sam Harris
post #12 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 11:30 PM
Lifer

Quote:
That is definitely worse that any of those stupid fuckers that dance around this board posting "first!!" in every thread they post first in. Now, this guy, is original...
The taco philosopher says it, so it must matter, right?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #13 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 11:32 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
I think we're on the same side on alot of things, just throw in a little contempt for man, a little atheism, and little philosophy and you got me. I mean, we are, at our base, 311 fans, so not much else can be said...

BTW--you know that's Hexum and the boys in my avatar, right?
oh yes, most definitely. that's the down video, is it not?

do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law until you violate the rights of another. respect the space of your sister and your brother.

post #14 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 07:06 AM
Lifer

I never noticed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
post #15 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 07:23 AM
PAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHC
oh yes, most definitely. that's the down video, is it not?

They're also good friends of his, as he saw them in concert once...
post #16 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-24-2008, 02:50 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox466
They're also good friends of his, as he saw them in concert once...
Now that was a funny thread and post. LOL

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #17 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 09:06 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Huh. I wouldn't have any idea. I did away with TV and more importantly the Radio a long time ago. The radio got boycotted in or around my high school years and TV went out the window about 2 years ago. I just don't trust anything I'm told, so TV after a while seemed to me to be alot more redundant than I originally thought.

So Zarathustra, you really are going back into the cave to free the prisoners of falsehood, congratulations.
post #18 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 10:40 AM
T-MINUS

I've noticed that John Kerry had more substance than Obama.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #19 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 10:44 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt
I've noticed that John Kerry had more substance than Obama.
and the Obama supporters yell out a collective "OUCH"!

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #20 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 11:33 AM

LOL.. He doesn't sound like the Rock.

I think he is a smooth talker, confident personality.. he's charming! He doesn't sound like he's about to body slam someone.
HAHA!
post #21 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 01:38 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Barack has a charm similiar to JFK. Next time you see a Barack supporter ask them why they want to him to be President. I'm thinking 8 out of 10 times you won't hear about the issues but about his presence.

edit: fucking blackberry keyboard.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)

Last edited by 01WhiteCobra; 02-25-2008 at 01:55 PM.
post #22 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 01:42 PM
Lifer

He could easily pass as the child of JFK/MLK. Charisma of JFK, and the "preachiness" of MLK. Everything is "hope" this, and "hope" that. Every time I see him, I wait for those famous words..."I have a dream..."

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #23 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 03:44 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
He could easily pass as the child of JFK/MLK. Charisma of JFK, and the "preachiness" of MLK. Everything is "hope" this, and "hope" that. Every time I see him, I wait for those famous words..."I have a dream..."
And use a speech someone else gave? Never!

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #24 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 06:05 PM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
Barack has a charm similiar to JFK. Next time you see a Barack supporter ask them why they want to him to be President. I'm thinking 8 out of 10 times you won't hear about the issues but about his presence.

Hopefully he'll meet with the same end game.

Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #25 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 08:21 PM
Censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99MustangGT
LOL.. He doesn't sound like the Rock.

I think he is a smooth talker, confident personality.. he's charming! He doesn't sound like he's about to body slam someone.
HAHA!
We were talking about him the other day at work. Few people said he had no substance. I quoted someone off of here; he has no plan, just the beginning and end. No one here that likes him said anything to defend it, and said you are right. He even says something close on his comercials on the radio. Past and future no middle...

One guy said he is affraid that he is the anti-christ! IDK about all that but he gave some examples for what he said. Quick rise to power, uniting the large number of people. The way he became a senator. Lets not talk (or debate) about that though, I do not back that statement, nor do I care to defend it.

Doors Done Rite
post #26 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 08:57 PM
Custom User Title

Quote:

Yes you are right about that those people are evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
I'd fuck her and confess my love while using my wife as the mattress.
post #27 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 09:02 PM
Lifer

Quote:
So...you like to see American Presidents assassinated in The United States?

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
post #28 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 09:05 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Ouch.

I don't mind Barrack at this point because I'm still trying to figure out what he is really about. At least with McCain I know what I'm in store for for the next 4 years.

post #29 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 09:06 PM
Censored

Quote:
Ouch.

I don't mind Barrack at this point because I'm still trying to figure out what he is really about. At least with McCain I know what I'm in store for for the next 4 years.
JW what do you expect?

Doors Done Rite
post #30 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 09:26 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_tiger
JW what do you expect?

SNAFU... system normal, all fucked up. At least I know what to expect.

post #31 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 09:28 PM
Censored

Quote:
SNAFU... system normal, all fucked up. At least I know what to expect.
Fucked up how though?

Doors Done Rite
post #32 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 09:59 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Fucked up how though?
Lots of things. Certainly more than I care to post in a single post. Probably my biggest concern is the economy and how screwed up it truly is. We've been putting a band-aid on a gapping wound for well 20 years and it's time to visit the emergency room.

Know, it isn't all bad and that is why I'd rather be in a SNAFU situation than having to buy into some administration that is going to change things. You learn the rules, you learn how to manipulate those rules in your favor and you make money.

The financial markets hate uncertainty and other than McCain the market is going to get scared and uncertainty will prevail.

I don't mind fucked up as long as I understand fucked up and how to make it work in my favor.

post #33 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 02:37 PM
Censored

Quote:
Lots of things. Certainly more than I care to post in a single post. Probably my biggest concern is the economy and how screwed up it truly is. We've been putting a band-aid on a gapping wound for well 20 years and it's time to visit the emergency room.

Know, it isn't all bad and that is why I'd rather be in a SNAFU situation than having to buy into some administration that is going to change things. You learn the rules, you learn how to manipulate those rules in your favor and you make money.

The financial markets hate uncertainty and other than McCain the market is going to get scared and uncertainty will prevail.

I don't mind fucked up as long as I understand fucked up and how to make it work in my favor.
Thanks for the reply I am just trying to see why people say some of the things they say in this forum.

Doors Done Rite
post #34 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 02:49 PM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt
I don't see him being the President. Just hoping he decides to comb his hair with a shotgun prior to November.

post #35 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 05:03 PM
Musician for the deaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt
Just in Dallas. Otherwise it is too far to drive for the show.
post #36 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 08:01 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Just in Dallas. Otherwise it is too far to drive for the show.
yuk yuk...I doubt you were even shitting your diapers when that "show" happened.

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
post #37 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 10:36 PM
Musician for the deaf

Pretty close. I do remember meeting LBJ in 1967.
post #38 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-27-2008, 10:21 AM
IA2

Quote:

Exactly what I have been thinking. People are attracted to him because of his charisma and his vague, feel good speeches that are devoid of any real substance. It is scary that so many people cannot think beyond the slick presentation to see what is really hiding behind the curtain, and that so many are so uneducated about the candidates, what they stand for, and what their previous track record has been in government.
post #39 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-27-2008, 10:35 AM
Censored

I saw some actual numbers on a Obama commercial. Said he wants to lower taxes $1000 for families. There was some other stuff, but I was caught off gaurd by the numbers.

EDIT: Saw the comerical again. No close up corporate loopholes on taxes, and no taxes on seniors that make less that $50k a year.

Doors Done Rite

Last edited by big_tiger; 02-27-2008 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Adding info
post #40 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 08:51 AM
T-MINUS

Quote:
I saw some actual numbers on a Obama commercial. Said he wants to lower taxes $1000 for families. There was some other stuff, but I was caught off gaurd by the numbers.

EDIT: Saw the comerical again. No close up corporate loopholes on taxes, and no taxes on seniors that make less that $50k a year.
He wants to shuffle the tax load. You always have to keep in mind that if a socialist liberal democrat is wanting to lower taxes in one area, he damn sure wants to push the burden on to someone else. His point is $50k. If you make over that, or if you own a business Obama is going to cram his pure Alabama Black Snake right up the ass of your income.

post #41 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 08:53 AM
Never settle always excel

Quote:

Let us know when you plan to give up the internet
post #42 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 08:58 AM
Num say'n? (tm)

Quote:

I am and never have claimed to be such a thing
Now there's an intelligent comment.

DFWMustangs.net
Sponsored Links
Advertisement