Interesting take on saddam and WMD's.... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 04:16 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Interesting take on saddam and WMD's....

This was taken from Newsmax, a decidely conservative site. It just goes to show there are alway two sides to every story, and the one the mainstream media is presenting is not always the most factual.

"Washington Insider with Ronald Kessler RSS

Media Ignore Saddam's WMD Intent

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 9:33 AM

By: Ronald Kessler

When FBI agent George Piro recently described debriefing Saddam Hussein for seven months after his capture, he disclosed that the Iraqi dictator admitted his intention to re-start his weapons of mass destruction program within a year.

That plan included developing nuclear weapons capability, according to Saddam.

The revelation should have hit Page One of every newspaper.

It would have further justified President Bush’s decision to invade Iraq, a key issue in the coming presidential election. But many in the mainstream media could not bear to hear that Bush may have done something right.

When Piro’s interview came out in my book, "The Terrorist Watch: Inside the Desperate Race to Stop the Next Attack," NBC Nightly News, Fox News, and Newsmax ran the news of Saddam’s admission, but few newspapers published a story.

CNN ran a story on the debriefing of Saddam but made no mention of Saddam’s plans to resume his weapons of mass destruction program, including developing nuclear capability. Instead, CNN said that what Saddam told Piro “throws more cold water on the justification for war” because Saddam admitted he was bluffing about having weapons of mass destruction.

Two and a half months later, "60 Minutes" ran the first television interview with Piro. The interview buried the reference to Saddam’s WMD and nuclear plans, as did the press release on the CBS Web site. Likewise, an AP story on the interview mentioned Saddam’s plans in the 11th paragraph. Only four U.S. newspapers ran a story referring to Saddam’s WMD and nuclear plans.

The Washington Post ran a 542-word story on the interview leaving out any mention of Saddam’s avowed intentions. The New York Times ran no story at all.

Today, we have press censorship similar to what existed in the old Soviet Union, except the censors are journalists themselves, and it’s in reverse: News favorable to the government is suppressed. "

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 04:29 PM
Lifer

Yup - already heard this.
I hate the media. I welcome the internet and the new age of media that my kids will hopefully see (fast and accurate/ not partisan biased)
now I just need to have kids.

let me tell you though it doesn't seem like it's coming fast. (like how the internet is hurting mainstream news medias has substantially panned out as predicted)

79 K5 blazer, 6" lift 38x15" tires d44/12b lockers and chromoly axles ,6.2L GM diesel - Waste Vegetable Oil conversion - cross over steering,14"SAW nitrogen shocks, beefed shackles, shackle flip, winch/ bumpers, diff covers.

94 CBR 600 naked, handbraked, -1 +3 sprockets, one wheel operation mod

"I'm sorry, nothing quite says, "F- You, I'm from Texas" like an all-business, stripped-down K5."
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 04:29 PM
Worship me

I don't agree with the last line.

All they want to do is cater to whatever opinion is most popular and make a buck off of it.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 04:36 PM
Secular Dogooderist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P
I don't agree with the last line.

All they want to do is cater to whatever opinion is most popular and make a buck off of it.
Tis merely a sign of the times...

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 04:37 PM
Lifer

Obama is a prime example of the press "magnifying" the presence of someone. It's all about the "movement"...

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
You also agree with everything but the last line or just want to post and ignore most of the point of the thread like you usually do and offer nothing of substance?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."

Last edited by 90 Notch; 02-20-2008 at 05:02 PM.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 04:54 PM
Lifer

Quote:
What the hell happened to fair and accurate reporting ?
As it is in the chaos of media I see now , I don't see how you can see an accurate depictation of ANYTHING without heavily researching it on the net.

I would n't go so far as say it's just a sign of the times. Things are changing and mainstream media doesn't want to cooperate.
Just think , how long has the internet been around to offer unbiased reporting around the world ? OVER 10 years, that's how long.
Otherwise I'd probably still be living in the dark. (pretending im still young, but it's somewhat true IF the internet never came along)

79 K5 blazer, 6" lift 38x15" tires d44/12b lockers and chromoly axles ,6.2L GM diesel - Waste Vegetable Oil conversion - cross over steering,14"SAW nitrogen shocks, beefed shackles, shackle flip, winch/ bumpers, diff covers.

"I'm sorry, nothing quite says, "F- You, I'm from Texas" like an all-business, stripped-down K5."
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 04:55 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
Obama is a prime example of the press "magnifying" the presence of someone. It's all about the "movement"...

Yup, Paper tiger at best.

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 05:01 PM
Secular Dogooderist

Quote:
Originally Posted by futant
What the hell happened to fair and accurate reporting ?
As it is in the chaos of media I see now , I don't see how you can see an accurate depictation of ANYTHING without heavily researching it on the net.

I would n't go so far as say it's just a sign of the times. Things are changing and mainstream media doesn't want to cooperate.
Just think , how long has the internet been around to offer unbiased reporting around the world ? OVER 10 years, that's how long.
Otherwise I'd probably still be living in the dark. (pretending im still young, but it's somewhat true IF the internet never came along)
good point...

but what I meant by that was. There's been an ever-increasing amount of misinformation aimed primarily at shaping and nurturing public opinion. They've even gone so far as to bring in controlled opposition. I don't see it like you do, and that's fine, but I'm talking about a macro scale reshaping of the media that happened after the advent of the internet (at least largely). The media has completely changed of the past ten years, that would be hard to argue.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
good point...

but what I meant by that was. There's been an ever-increasing amount of misinformation aimed primarily at shaping and nurturing public opinion. They've even gone so far as to bring in controlled opposition. I don't see it like you do, and that's fine, but I'm talking about a macro scale reshaping of the media that happened after the advent of the internet (at least largely). The media has completely changed of the past ten years, that would be hard to argue.
The guy who spews the rhetoric of the left wing media talks of misinformation from the media? Say it isn't so!

The media was left wing biased 10 years ago and it still is today, so what has changed in 10 years? Enlighten us oh mighty taco philosopher!

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 05:22 PM
Lifer

Quote:
There's been an ever-increasing amount of misinformation aimed primarily at shaping and nurturing public opinion.
I don't know what the hell youre trying to say.
First it seemed like you are trying to say the media has changed for marketing reasons (most popular to report)

Then your line above tends to agree with me , saying they are more/less intentionally disseminating misinformation ..... which assumably is for their political side (typically democratic/liberal BS on most channels im aware of)

so what is it?
spit it out with less big words , so us little people can try to understand you.

I'm saying , Idon't even know how the fuck the mainstream media is staying in business with this bullshit they report now that the internet is around.
The only explaination for that is one thing - OLD PEOPLE

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
First it seemed like you are trying to say the media has changed for marketing reasons (most popular to report)

Then your line above tends to agree with me , saying they are more/less intentionally disseminating misinformation ..... which assumably is for their political side (typically democratic/liberal BS on most channels im aware of)

so what is it?
spit it out with less big words , so us little people can try to understand you.

I'm saying , Idon't even know how the fuck the mainstream media is staying in business with this bullshit they report now that the internet is around.
LOL, he has no idea what he is trying to say either. LOL

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 06:31 PM
Secular Dogooderist

Quote:

so what is it?

I'm agreeing with you one the one hand, but also offering up a little extra as per my interpretation. Is that not alright?

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
-Sam Harris
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 06:34 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
lmao! i was just talking to a friend of mine who was an Obama supporter, and he told me that he basically realized one day that Obama hadn't taken a stance on anything, and that 'We Want Change' is not a valid political platform.

Barack is a master deceiver and manipulator. He's the media darling, minorities will vote for him just becuase he is 'black', and he's managed to convince the media to ignore the issues and just focus on him being black and 'progressive'.

It's amazing how he can brainwash an entire crowd of people to chant "We Want Change!" over and over again, and then convince the media that the fact that he can get them to chant that is a sign that he is the Messiah.

I have nothing against a black man in office, but I don't want him to be there just because he's black.

post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 06:34 PM
Secular Dogooderist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90 Notch
LOL, he has no idea what he is trying to say either. LOL
And I'm completely content with that, at least I can admit it though.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
-Sam Harris
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 11:33 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
And I'm completely content with that, at least I can admit it though.
Is that really some big accomplishment, I mean, we all knew this a long time ago.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 07:11 AM
Lifer

Interesting read, but I reserve comment as we've discussed the subject of Hussein/WMDs ad nauseam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-29-2008, 03:47 PM
Lifer

http://www.reuters.com/article/inter...rpc=22&sp=true

kind of my point
fucking old people are the ones that believe this mainstream media BS

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-29-2008, 04:01 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I had a movement earlier....... it kind of looked like Obama.

Mopar63

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement