What do you think is a feasible option for Border Security? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 183 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 06:02 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

What do you think is a feasible option for Border Security?

Honestly, what do you guys think is a viable option on border security?
Or is there an even viable option?

How specifically could you guys target the border besides the HORRIFIC plan of 700 mile Scattered ass FENCE?

-dres
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 183 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 06:23 PM
Lifer

I dont think that will work. Theres plenty of underground tunnels, inside people, and other smuggling methods available. Just like drugs, they will find themselves inside. Sure it might halt it a bit, but wont stop it. Never will.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #3 of 183 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 06:29 PM
Lifer

Penalize (enforce the law!!!) each and every business that works illegal workers. You can't expect the Mexicans who are looking for a better life (at our expense) to comply with anything as long as they know they are being promoted into this country. And no, that shouldn't start price increases if you control the gouging. It worked 10 yrs ago and it'll still work now. We're not Mexico...yet!

Round em up! Find out how many are legitimately needed. Document those and send the rest home with a sincere threat if they come back illegaly.

If you think that's too much trouble...wait 5 years and see what trouble is. In 10 yrs we'll be an actual minority in our own damn country wishing we had done something other than bash each other when we could have done something...

post #4 of 183 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 06:34 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by agiraldo
Honestly, what do you guys think is a viable option on border security?
Or is there an even viable option?

How specifically could you guys target the border besides the HORRIFIC plan of 700 mile Scattered ass FENCE?

-dres
this is the way i see it.i own a landscape co.been doing it for 20 years.my mexicans would pay the gov. 1000-2000.00 to get a permit to work here,hell they allready pay someone to get them here anyway so why not give it to U.S.do a background ck.pay the money,get a s.s.# and pay taxes.just my 2 cents.they are loyal and are good workers. i would do anything for my guys. and what the fuck is a fence going to do,just cost us more money.that anit going to stop them.i say let them come,charge them for the right to work here,collect the cash and everybody will be happy

IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS ~ FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM.
IN GOD WE TRUST
post #5 of 183 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 06:36 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang87
this is the way i see it.i own a landscape co.been doing it for 20 years.my mexicans would pay the gov. 1000-2000.00 to get a permit to work here,hell they allready pay someone to get them here anyway so why not give it to U.S.do a background ck.pay the money,get a s.s.# and pay taxes.just my 2 cents.they are loyal and are good workers. i would do anything for my guys. and what the fuck is a fence going to do,just cost us more money.that anit going to stop them.i say let them come,charge them for the right to work here,collect the cash and everybody will be happy
Yep! Anyone else is a potential terrorist.
post #6 of 183 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 06:37 PM
Lifer

BTW all my workers are leget.

IN GOD WE TRUST
post #7 of 183 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 06:39 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt
Yep! Anyone else is a potential terrorist.
thank you

IN GOD WE TRUST
post #8 of 183 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 06:39 PM
Sexual Tyrannosaurus

towers, night scopes, and a few good men.....

You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."
post #9 of 183 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 06:49 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79ws4
towers, night scopes, and a few good men.....
wish in one hand,and shit in the other.THAT still will not stop them.if we can't stop some asswipe from crashing shit in the world trade center,then we damn sure not going to stop mexicans crossing a fucking river.wake up people,the reason it's out of control is because our gov. is out of control,they want a quick fix and more votes

IN GOD WE TRUST
post #10 of 183 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 06:57 PM
Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Quote:
wish in one hand,and shit in the other.THAT still will not stop them.if we can't stop some asswipe from crashing shit in the world trade center,then we damn sure not going to stop mexicans crossing a fucking river.wake up people,the reason it's out of control is because our gov. is out of control,they want a quick fix and more votes
I don't want to stop the mexicans.... I wanna stop those damn canadians and their unholy bacon

You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."
post #11 of 183 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 07:03 PM
Lifer

Quote:
wish in one hand,and shit in the other.

wake up people,the reason it's out of control is because our gov. is out of control,they want a quick fix and more votes
It's so obvious and simple to understand. But they only need us (votes) at election. The lobbiest keep em fat and happy the rest of the time. Just think of how we could fuck over the politicians and lobbiest at the same time...
post #12 of 183 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 07:09 PM
Lifer

one word... pitbull... lol, sorry I couldnt resist...

I dont know how you are going to stop it... its kinda like a car thief, if they want your shit bad enough, they are going to get it... if I was living in a hell hole, I would do the same thing...
post #13 of 183 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 07:19 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT Dan
... if I was living in a hell hole, I would do the same thing...
Anyone would...as long as they were ALLOWED! And as far as living in a hell hole, just be patient...
post #14 of 183 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 07:43 PM
Lifer

landmines lots of them, Magneto X Men, Superman, Electric Fences. A friends daughter just got run over by a non licensed, non english speaking, non legal immigrant, but employed person. Over $2800.00 damage and a scared little girl. Employer denies that the " person " was driving a company truck and the "person " can't be found now. Who you goin call, Ghostbusters ?

1/2 mile 9 turns 41.3 sec
post #15 of 183 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 07:44 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79ws4
I don't want to stop the mexicans.... I wanna stop those damn canadians and their unholy bacon
lol

IN GOD WE TRUST
post #16 of 183 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 07:49 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kart21
landmines lots of them, Magneto X Men, Superman, Electric Fences. A friends daughter just got run over by a non licensed, non english speaking, non legal immigrant, but employed person. Over $2800.00 damage and a scared little girl. Employer denies that the " person " was driving a company truck and the "person " can't be found now. Who you goin call, Ghostbusters ?
sue the co.that the truck belongs to.or call a lawer

IN GOD WE TRUST
post #17 of 183 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 10:32 AM
Thread Kill

We should instate a draft, but into the Border patrol rather than the military, and for 2 years of service, no longer than that. I could be more specific but I dont have time right now.
post #18 of 183 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 10:37 AM
not exclude

Better enforcement and stiffer penalties for employers over here, eliminating more of the opportunities for illegals. Also, a more efficient hearing/deportation method. I know this doesn't address the terrorists, but those guys often immigrate here legally as well. If you reduce the flood of illegals to a trickle, it will be easier to pick out the bad guys.
post #19 of 183 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 11:16 AM
IA2

The best way to slow down the flood is to make it to where there is no reason for them to come here unless US citizenship is first attained. This means going after those that are providing jobs to illegals. Start throwing them into jail with lengthy sentences and great publicity to make examples. This would weed out the ones here for income and would primarily leave the ones here willing to commit crime to get by. You get these with vigirous law enforcement. And I still think we need a strong deterrent and strong border patrol presence along the border.

One wrinkle in going after the employers is that the government would need to provide a way that an employer can verify citizenship and thereby exonerate themselves from blame if it is later discovered that the employee is in fact not legal for some reason.

Another unpopular but effective move would be to require law enforcement, hospitals, apartments, schools, and other selected organizations and businesses to require proof of US citizenship.
post #20 of 183 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 09:32 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb
The best way to slow down the flood is to make it to where there is no reason for them to come here unless US citizenship is first attained. This means going after those that are providing jobs to illegals. Start throwing them into jail with lengthy sentences and great publicity to make examples. This would weed out the ones here for income and would primarily leave the ones here willing to commit crime to get by. You get these with vigirous law enforcement. And I still think we need a strong deterrent and strong border patrol presence along the border.

One wrinkle in going after the employers is that the government would need to provide a way that an employer can verify citizenship and thereby exonerate themselves from blame if it is later discovered that the employee is in fact not legal for some reason.

Another unpopular but effective move would be to require law enforcement, hospitals, apartments, schools, and other selected organizations and businesses to require proof of US citizenship.
I would also add more work visas for people who want to be over here and follow our laws. This would mean having more INS workers to process people who want to apply legally. You also have to follow that up with a new law that says that anyone caught over here without going through proper channels never gets a work visa or citizenship.

(I would also make it illegal for them to own propewrty, drive a bus, fly a plane,. get an attorney license, doctor license, or any of the other things that mexico prohibits naturalized citizens from doing. I kid, I kid!) This joke was for the bleeding hearts who think we are being to hard on the illegals by actually expecting them to respect our laws.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #21 of 183 (permalink) Old 11-22-2006, 10:51 AM
duh...duh....duh

It's an in-depth thing IMHO.

Land mines are a good start. Inexpensive, effective and one it'll make anyone entering illegally to think twice. Yes, they are able to bypass them - but it'll take some luck/skill/equipment to do so. If it turns out that the majority does not want people getting blown up - use sensors that can detect people from underground and use them to alert the border patrol. The problem with that is they'll just try another time.

Then the LAWS that are already in place to to be enforced. If I commit a crime, I won't be treated nicely and most you won't either. We'll be treated like criminals and we pay taxes. Illegals should be considered criminals. I understand they are trying to better their lives. So are burglars - and that I believe is an apples to apples comaparison.

Border patrols need to check for areas that are being bypass and plug the holes.

At this point is sort of like trying to dam a river with a 2x4 and is a futile effort. We need real deterrents and make it clear we will enforce the laws.

I want country and low population spaces in America. I don't want a 500sq ft place to be considered big and I don't want population control to be needed. Americans should have first dibs on anything in America and then we'll allow legal immigrants.

Take care,

My '03 Sold.
post #22 of 183 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 12:43 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

How can any deterrent work when our own border patrol agents are being prosecuted by the very government they serve? Since when does an illegal alien (and known felon in his country) have more "rights" than those whose duty it is to protect our borders from such vermin?

You want border security? It will end up being the very people who live in this state securing our own borders. That action will probably result in a civil war.
post #23 of 183 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 12:44 PM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel
How can any deterrent work when our own border patrol agents are being prosecuted by the very government they serve? Since when does an illegal alien (and known felon in his country) have more "rights" than those whose duty it is to protect our borders from such vermin?

You want border security? It will end up being the very people who live in this state securing our own borders. That action will probably result in a civil war.
I remember that case... fucking sucks.
post #24 of 183 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 01:05 PM
Lost in suburbia HELLLLLL

The realism of all of this is that nothing will ever be done.....

The only real way to help slow the influx is build the fence and hire alot more border security with strick enforment that if you are caught sneeking over, you are now a wanted criminal and are punishable by life in prison or deported and never allowed back over, and if you are caught coming over, life in prison or death. I Guarantee you that a few thousand people getting caught will make 60% think twice, and do something about fixing their own country instead of coming over here and over populating the U.S.A. One other solution is if you are caught coming over here illegally already here or already here and are caught, you should automatically serve 2 yrs in the military in front line.

My biggest problem is their lack of respect and responsibility. Fuck you if you think I am going to change my way of life because of your stupid ass. I was here first and will be here last....

93gt boss block, 185 cnc trick flow heads, undisclosed cam specs, YS trim, saleen intake nice and shiny. car is spotted primer currently

05 honda accord coupe daily driver
00z28 new catfish moser 9in, pat g custom cam, ls6 intake, long tubes, built 6spd and much more.
post #25 of 183 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 01:51 PM
duh...duh....duh

Don't be such a damned retard. You speak of actually enforcing this particular set of laws. That's just ludicrous.

My '03 Sold.
post #26 of 183 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 02:00 PM

We are not allowed to protect our borders or ourselves for that matter. It would be politically incorrect.

No one in America should be allowed to make over 30K a year, own firearms, and damn sure shouldn't be able to make decisions for themselves. (note the sarcasm)
post #27 of 183 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 02:48 PM
duh...duh....duh

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06LGGT
We are not allowed to protect our borders or ourselves for that matter. It would be politically incorrect.

No one in America should be allowed to make over 30K a year, own firearms, and damn sure shouldn't be able to make decisions for themselves. (note the sarcasm)
Finally, someone who knows what they are talking about.

My '03 Sold.
post #28 of 183 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 10:43 AM
Musician for the deaf

All you need to do is drop leaflets letting them know how wonderful the social utopia in Canbada is, and have greyhounds waiting at the border to transport them north.

Then tell canada we will stop when they declare war on cuba.
post #29 of 183 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 11:10 AM
Mavs Fan For Life!

I feel nothing about border security will be done until something catastrophic happens again i.e. 9/11. Then government will realize the true dangers of an unsecure border. Porous borders to the north and south represents a Clear & Present danger to National Security.

As a society though it seems we do not act on anything until the walls come crashing down and it is then realized how bad the situation was. As examples....New Orleans was known to be in dire straits if a cat 5 hurricane came thru and nothing was done to improve the situation until something horrendous happened there. Now it will cost more money to fix the problems in New Orleans than it probably would have to do so years ago. Example 2....Airline/airport security, enough said. Even with terrorists hijacking planes for the last 30 years or so, no one had the foresight to fix the problem till it happened here....with catastrophic results.

Just wait till a small group of terrorists comes across the US/mexico border with a small dirty bomb or something biological and sets it off in a US city somewhere. I bet the military lines the borders then...only after a catastrophic event has already happened. Unfortunately everything comes down to money....and politicians want to keep thier jobs, so better to put on a good face for thier constituents instead of stopping all the bickering and crap in state/national govt. and get to finding solutions to problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

Gifs at Giftube.com
post #30 of 183 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 12:20 PM
Token Troll

• Get rid of the anchor-baby clause in the Constitution.
  • No more free schooling, hospitals or welfare without proof of citizenship.

'05 Redfire Mustang

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey
post #31 of 183 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 12:28 PM
Mavs Fan For Life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostTX
  • Get rid of the anchor-baby clause in the Constitution.
Should be reworded to say..."If your parents are not legal citizens, then any offspring are not legal citizens."

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostTX
  • No more free schooling, hospitals or welfare without proof of citizenship.
yes on the free schooling if it can not be documented that parents pay school taxes and actually have legal status to live here. Hospitals should only be required to stabilize patients and then out the door they go. Welfare should only be given for a finite period of time, like a year or two. Just because a family has another kid should not entitle them to more welfare or extend the time of welfare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

Gifs at Giftube.com
post #32 of 183 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 01:17 PM
Musician for the deaf

I'm just waiting for farmer's Branch to get sued for their bullshit. As well intentioned as it may be, it is bonafide illegal in more than one way.
post #33 of 183 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 01:22 PM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
I'm just waiting for farmer's Branch to get sued for their bullshit. As well intentioned as it may be, it is bonafide illegal in more than one way.
How's that?
post #34 of 183 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 01:52 PM
Musician for the deaf

Violation of the commerce clause for one; I can rent to whomever I want, including a foreign citizen. Doing so is neither illegal for me nor him. Consider if you had a branch office in canada and decided to rent an apt nearby so that visiting employees from wherever could stay close to work. It is not uncommon. This will hinge closely on the wording and on zoning issues, which could bring the city a lot of pain if they have any controversy in their zoning laws and process (and they do, it is FB after all).

Also forcing private individuals to enforce laws and erforming investigations which they have no business doing. It isn't the apt manager's job to determine legalities other than those directly related to the lease, and undue burden is put on private individuals to knwo how much information to collect before they are invading someone's privacy. This has been used as a defense in a case where a person sold a firearm to an individual and it was later used in a crime. I think the gubbermint still has that one on appeal. The person foloowed the letter of the law and argued they were not bound to perform the same due diligence as someone with a federal license.

I heard an argument recently that even if upheld, a civil suit against a landlord could be a potential liability to the city too. Not sure on that one.
post #35 of 183 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 02:04 PM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Violation of the commerce clause for one; I can rent to whomever I want, including a foreign citizen. Doing so is neither illegal for me nor him. Consider if you had a branch office in canada and decided to rent an apt nearby so that visiting employees from wherever could stay close to work. It is not uncommon. This will hinge closely on the wording and on zoning issues, which could bring the city a lot of pain if they have any controversy in their zoning laws and process (and they do, it is FB after all).

Also forcing private individuals to enforce laws and erforming investigations which they have no business doing. It isn't the apt manager's job to determine legalities other than those directly related to the lease, and undue burden is put on private individuals to knwo how much information to collect before they are invading someone's privacy. This has been used as a defense in a case where a person sold a firearm to an individual and it was later used in a crime. I think the gubbermint still has that one on appeal. The person foloowed the letter of the law and argued they were not bound to perform the same due diligence as someone with a federal license.

I heard an argument recently that even if upheld, a civil suit against a landlord could be a potential liability to the city too. Not sure on that one.
Renting to a foreign citizen is not the same as renting to an ILLEGAL ALIEN. It is the apt. manager's job to enforce the investigation if the municipal law states to do so.
post #36 of 183 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 02:27 PM
Musician for the deaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
Renting to a foreign citizen is not the same as renting to an ILLEGAL ALIEN. It is the apt. manager's job to enforce the investigation if the municipal law states to do so.
First off, if you read the ordinance it can be interpreted differently.

Second, if you interpret it to mean that the landlord bears the responsibility of insuring compliance with federal laws then the case is lost completely. The landlord has no such responsibility, and the city has no authority to require it.

There is a better way and that is to forget about the initial leassee and concentrate on clauses already spelled out in most lease agreements. That is, voluntarily engaging in any illegal activity is grounds for termination of the lease and forfeiture of all deposits, but they still may be liable for civil action if that doesn't go far enough.

If the city police cannot easily distinguish between Denny the illegal and Denny the legal, do you really want some scmuck with little man syndrome doing that?

The english only thing was kind of a joke. I wonder if they are going to enforce it on their corrupt ass judges? No more latin in court you unamerican pukes!
post #37 of 183 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 02:43 PM
Out

The city can vote in any ordinance and it will stay an ordinance until over-ruled by a higher government and/or voted out. When you start talking about interpretations, you have to default to who has the better lawyer. It's anyone's game. It's not distingushing between legal and illegal, it's just showing proof of legal residency. That's all.
post #38 of 183 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 02:56 PM
Musician for the deaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
The city can vote in any ordinance and it will stay an ordinance until over-ruled by a higher government and/or voted out. When you start talking about interpretations, you have to default to who has the better lawyer. It's anyone's game. It's not distingushing between legal and illegal, it's just showing proof of legal residency. That's all.
Proof of legal residency? Since NAFTA, Mexicans and Canadians have been allowed to overstay a work visa indefinitely as a visitor. That means if you have an expired H1 you are still not illegally in the country even if it expired 10 years ago. But if you take a job at all, even day labor, you are suddenly illegal. How does a landlord determine that? What are the consequences of making a mistake? The city did not outline due diligence very well. Right now it looks like an affidavit will work, but that makes the law a joke and unenforceable. So do they just drop the issue or do they tighten the requirements? Do you like police states? You want dumbfuck city council people requiring illegal mandates from business owners like yourself?

They are going to choke on it big time, and it won't be some alien fighting it, it will be a bona fide US citizen operating a legal business. That is what is going to really hurt them, there are federal precedents that will bite them and they won't be able to conveniently deport the accused.
post #39 of 183 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 03:15 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefehbk
I feel nothing about border security will be done until something catastrophic happens again i.e. 9/11. Then government will realize the true dangers of an unsecure border. Porous borders to the north and south represents a Clear & Present danger to National Security.
And by the time that happens there will already be a full-scale civil war under way here in Texas.

Texas is where the real "border security/immigration crisis" war will be fought. The rest of the country will watch in horror as "the despicable racists in Texas wage war on the poor, wretched undocumented workers". I'm getting sick of being called a racist when all I want is the border secured against all invading forces.

And if you don't think this IS an invasion force......get your head out of the sand. Why else would a foreign government want so badly for their own citizens to be allowed to relocate to their neighboring country? Badly enough that they show their citizens how to cross the border illegally. Badly enough that they will petition the neighboring country's government to ease immigration laws. Mexico wants this....needs this....and has planned this.
post #40 of 183 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 07:00 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefehbk
Do you honestly think the government doesn't already know that? Next question would be what are they trying to pull here?
post #41 of 183 (permalink) Old 12-07-2006, 08:09 PM
Lifer

Sooo..if it's done by a republican to serve big money needs it not called "liberal"?
Perry sez lovingly in Mexico's direction: "Any of those types of legislation that create divisions are bad," Perry said. "We need to look at ways to be bringing people together rather than driving wedges between them." That's some sick, LIBERAL shit right there!!!

Perry softens tone on border
He calls wall on Mexico border 'preposterous,' pushes for plan for guest workers

By R.G. RATCLIFFE
Copyright 2006 Houston Chronicle Austin Bureau
AUSTIN — Gov. Rick Perry focused on strengthening border security in his re-election campaign, but Wednesday he emphasized support for a guest-worker program for illegal immigrants and said a fence along the border with Mexico is a "preposterous" idea.

Perry also said proposed legislation designed to end birthright citizenship for the children of undocumented immigrants is divisive.

"Any of those types of legislation that create divisions are bad," Perry said. "We need to look at ways to be bringing people together rather than driving wedges between them."

There were no real changes in positions in Perry's remarks to the Texas Border Coalition, a group of mayors from Texas cities across from Mexico. But the speech did mark a significant change in tone from his re-election campaign.

Perry ran millions of dollars of television advertising portraying the border as an open zone of human and drug smuggling, and as a potential pathway for terrorists. He launched a program to put live Internet cameras along the border and said he would ask the Legislature for $100 million for border security.

The campaign was widely seen as an effort to appeal to a Republican voting base angry at the federal government for failing to act to halt illegal immigration.

'Divisive appeals'
Wednesday, Perry told the Texas Border Coalition that the national anti-immigrant rhetoric of the political campaigns was not constructive.

"We just concluded an election year that was very heavy on immigration rhetoric, and, I might add, very light on comprehensive solutions," Perry said.

He said the campaign rhetoric did not foster good relations with Mexico.

"Good neighbors do not foster fear and engage in divisive appeals," he said. "They seek solutions."

Perry said he is opposed to building a fence or wall along the entire border with Mexico.

"Strategic fencing in certain urban areas to direct the flow of traffic does make sense, but building a wall on the entire border is a preposterous idea," he said.

"The only thing a wall would possibly accomplish is to help the ladder business."

Perry said the federal government needs to quickly enact immigration reform, and he said he supports a guest-worker program that would bring illegal immigrants out of the shadows.

"Our economy is greatly impacted by migrant workers. Let's create a guest-worker program that takes these workers off the black market and that legitimizes their economic contributions without doing the same for their citizenship," he said.

Perry said afterward that there needs to be a program that gives illegal immigrants in this country an "expanded period of time" to register for work, indicating they do not have to be on a citizenship track.

"There are a lot of people here who aren't interested in citizenship," he said.

"They're interested in working."

Birthright issue
As for the proposed birthright-citizenship legislation, the author, state Rep. Leo Berman, R-Tyler, said Perry's comments opposing the idea disappointed him.

Berman said his bill is designed to serve as a basis for a legal challenge to an interpretation of the 14th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution that gives automatic citizenship to anyone born in the U.S.

"At some point in time, if my bill passes, he (Perry) is going to have to make a decision, and a lot of people are going to be intervening in that decision," Berman said, referring to Perry's power to veto a bill. "The children of illegal aliens should not be getting automatic citizenship."

[email protected]

Last edited by black01gt; 12-08-2006 at 07:20 AM.
post #42 of 183 (permalink) Old 12-08-2006, 09:13 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Sooo..if it's done by a republican to serve big money needs it not called "liberal"?
Perry sez lovingly in Mexico's direction: "Any of those types of legislation that create divisions are bad," Perry said. "We need to look at ways to be bringing people together rather than driving wedges between them." That's some sick, LIBERAL shit right there!!!
This is why I laugh at you liberals. If a Republican takes a harrd stannce on a subject that is straight out of the conservative playbook, you call racism, blind loyalty, or ignorance. If a Republican trie to become moderate, compassionate, or use some common sense on a topic, you cry foul and call them weak (ie., liberal).

Imagine that!

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #43 of 183 (permalink) Old 12-08-2006, 09:57 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90 Notch
This is why I laugh at you liberals. If a Republican takes a harrd stannce on a subject that is straight out of the conservative playbook, you call racism, blind loyalty, or ignorance. If a Republican trie to become moderate, compassionate, or use some common sense on a topic, you cry foul and call them weak (ie., liberal).

Imagine that!
"moderate, compassionate, and common sense" You really are full of shit. That's not the language he was using during the campaign. He must have been courting the "bottom feeder's" votes.
post #44 of 183 (permalink) Old 12-08-2006, 10:07 AM
Lifer

Quote:
"moderate, compassionate, and common sense" You really are full of shit. That's not the language he was using during the campaign. He must have been courting the "bottom feeder's" votes.
Like I said, when they go hardcore Republican you call them names, when they try and compromise and be decent, you call them names. You liberals are one fun filled group of losers.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #45 of 183 (permalink) Old 12-08-2006, 10:10 AM
Racist....that means you!

I say we call all democrats and stack the bodies along the border as a fence! But that's just me.
post #46 of 183 (permalink) Old 12-08-2006, 10:21 AM
Lifer

Quote:

Imagine that!
Give me a break. You know as well as the any other person that has a heartbeat that Perry is doing a 180 on his "get tough on border security" stance that he ran on to get elected. Now, one month later, his true colors are coming out once again. He's laughing in the face of all of the people that were dumbly influenced by his bullshit ads. And yet, you refuse to acknowledge that he is a 2 faced liar.
post #47 of 183 (permalink) Old 12-08-2006, 10:29 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by line-em-up
Give me a break. You know as well as the any other person that has a heartbeat that Perry is doing a 180 on his "get tough on border security" stance that he ran on to get elected. Now, one month later, his true colors are coming out once again. He's laughing in the face of all of the people that were dumbly influenced by his bullshit ads. And yet, you refuse to acknowledge that he is a 2 faced liar.
We are all entitled to our opinions, aren't we? Why do so many Bush hating liberal types want to use liar when referring to every Republican but get offended like hell when a confirmed liar, like Clinton, gets called one by Republicans?

I wish my "lock the border and arrest all the illegals" stance would work. It appears there will be some compromise to get this out of control situation under control. BTW, have you got a plan?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #48 of 183 (permalink) Old 12-08-2006, 10:45 AM
Lifer

Quote:
We are all entitled to our opinions, aren't we? Why do so many Bush hating liberal types want to use liar when referring to every Republican but get offended like hell when a confirmed liar, like Clinton, gets called one by Republicans?

I wish my "lock the border and arrest all the illegals" stance would work. It appears there will be some compromise to get this out of control situation under control. BTW, have you got a plan?
Bush, Clinton, Perry, etc. They're all liars as far as I'm concerned. Just as the saying goes. How can you tell when a politician is lying? Their lips are moving.

As far as the border security goes, I'm tired of letting the illegals come in here at will. The longer we wait to fix it, the harder it will be.
I'm for building a fence. If it makes it easier to stop illegals and other undesirables from coming right in, then I'm all for it.

We should also start fining employers for hiring illegals.

It would help to make becoming a legal citizen a little less cumbersome by getting rid of a lot of the red tape. I don't mind mexicans making money. However, I don't want the U.S. to be overrun with people that don't even have a right to be here.

More investment in Mexican businesses would be great, but the mexican govt need to clean up their corruption and work with us instead of acting like we owe them something.

I'm not an expert on economics, but I know that we need to make some seroius changes from what we have now. I don't blame the local govts like FB for trying to step in and do something because the federal and state govts simply aren't doing their jobs of protecting our country and economy.
post #49 of 183 (permalink) Old 12-08-2006, 10:56 AM
Worship me

I'm all for building a fence too. A lot of people say it won't work but my viewpoint is that it can't hurt.

Perry is full of shit too. That mother fucker has had years to do something and hasn't done shit.
post #50 of 183 (permalink) Old 12-08-2006, 10:58 AM
Out

Maybe if we just constructed a massive barrier consisting of dead and decaying bodies of current illegals, the problem would fix itself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement