Man arrested with $78,000, nuclear info - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-16-2006, 11:35 AM Thread Starter
Rolling with the homies
 
evil jose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Oak Cliff... that's my hood...
Posts: 43,271
Man arrested with $78,000, nuclear info

If this doesn't scream guilty I don't know what does. I'm surprised he's from Dallas.

Quote:
Man arrested with $78,000, nuclear info
Court records say suspect was carrying cash, data about nukes and cyanide


DETROIT - A man was arrested at Detroit Metropolitan Airport after officials say they found him carrying more than $78,000 in cash and a laptop computer containing information about nuclear materials and cyanide.

Sisayehiticha Dinssa, an unemployed U.S. citizen, was arrested Tuesday after a dog caught the scent of narcotics on cash he was carrying, according to an affidavit filed in court.

When agents asked him if he had any cash to declare, he said he had $18,000, authorities said. But when agents checked his luggage, they found an additional $59,000. When they scrolled through his laptop, they said they found the mysterious files.
Story continues below ↓ advertisement

At a court hearing Wednesday, Dinssa was ordered held in custody until at least until Monday at the request of prosecutors.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Leonid Feller argued Dinssa was a potential risk to the community and federal agents want to get a warrant to search his computer more thoroughly, The Detroit News reported Thursday. U.S. Magistrate Donald Scheer approved Fellerís request to detain him.

Dinssa, who is from Dallas, arrived in Detroit from Nigeria by way of Amsterdam and was headed for Phoenix, Feller said. He is charged with concealing more than $10,000 in his luggage, which carries a maximum penalty of five years in prison, the Detroit Free Press reported.

A message seeking comment was left Thursday with his lawyer, Leroy Soles.
© 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.



2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew


1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

evil jose is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-16-2006, 11:37 AM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Sisayehiticha Dinssa, an unemployed U.S. citizen
Naturalized, no less
Denny is offline  
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-16-2006, 11:38 AM
Moved to dfw mustangs.net
 
lowthreeohz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Hurst-Useless-Bedford area
Posts: 20,572
Damn, i wish i had 79k to carry around.

nuclear info would be cool too.
lowthreeohz is offline  
 
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-16-2006, 11:41 AM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Out of all the HAZMAT that I would respond to, cyanide wouldn't be one of them. Nothing less than a Level A suit and SCBA. Bad shit!
Denny is offline  
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 09:41 PM
NES Crew
 
kangol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: I love Texas, and I don't drive a Lexus.
Posts: 4,982
Exclamation

Leroy Soles, the lawyer defending Dinssa from the article above also defended other shady mofos.

For instance, Leroy Soles also represented Koubriti. Koubriti was said to be a head of a terrorist cell who enjoys looking for Stinger missiles to shoot at US aircraft in his spare time.

Give this article a gander:

http://detnews.com/2004/specialrepor...a01-105567.htm
kangol is offline  
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 09:51 PM
UNFUCKWITHABLE
 
Strychnine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Putting the sensual in nonconsensual since 1984
Posts: 12,482
Quote:
He is charged with concealing more than $10,000 in his luggage, which carries a maximum penalty of five years in prison
You can't carry cash in your luggage?



Quote:
Originally Posted by lowthreeohz
Damn, i wish i had 79k to carry around.

nuclear info would be cool too.
So, the numbers in the article add up to $77k, the headline says $78k, you say $79k...
Whatcha think, $90k by Friday?


.

Audentes Fortuna Juvat
Strychnine is offline  
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 06:18 AM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroked71Bowtie
You can't carry cash in your luggage?





So, the numbers in the article add up to $77k, the headline says $78k, you say $79k...
Whatcha think, $90k by Friday?
You can carry that much, but if you're travelling, you have to declare it.
Denny is offline  
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 06:22 AM
Which one's the clutch?
 
Craizie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: R1 love.
Posts: 2,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
You can carry that much, but if you're travelling, you have to declare it.

why so the baggage people know which one to take?

1987 Nissan pick up-wrecked
1984 Ponitiac grand am-sold
1988 Buick lasabre-sold
1987 Nissan 300zx-sold intake/exhaust
2001 Yamaha r6-sold slip on
2004 Yamaha r1-sold full exhaust
1991 Nissan 240sx-torn down,almost built up.
1994 toyota celica-blown up. exhaust
2005 Honda accord-daily.
Craizie is offline  
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 06:24 AM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craizie
why so the baggage people know which one to take?
If you check it in, then you deserve to get it taken
Denny is offline  
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 10:00 AM
Worship me
 
AL P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 34,345
I can see him being guilty of not declaring cash but not much else. I'd also argue the shit out of the probable cause for searching the guy with that whole "the dog alerted on trace amount of narcotics on the cash" bullshit.
AL P is offline  
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 10:06 AM
Raiden Wins
 
def1eppard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Earthrealm
Posts: 4,045
He was Muslim....I mean.....he reeked of narcotics!

Here's a nice tipoff though:
Quote:
from Dallas, arrived in Detroit from Nigeria by way of Amsterdam and was headed for Phoenix

def1eppard is offline  
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 10:19 AM
4 Cams are better than 1
 
Juiced4V's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 5,889
18k+59k=77k
Juiced4V is offline  
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-22-2006, 06:55 PM
Lifer
 
black90gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,921
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiced - 4V SNK
18k+59k=77k
maybe he spent $1,000 on a hooker in Amsterdam
black90gt is offline  
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 03:10 PM
Musician for the deaf
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Euless, TX
Posts: 9,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
Out of all the HAZMAT that I would respond to, cyanide wouldn't be one of them. Nothing less than a Level A suit and SCBA. Bad shit!
I've used sodium cyanide plenty of times on prospecting trips. You just have to keep it alkaline. It isn't nearly as bad as sulfur gas from heating ore. But in a cleanup situation I guess you could assume it is all outgassing or you wouldn't have been called in to deal with it in the first place.

Ever go cyanide fishing for catfish by using peach pits?
Casper is offline  
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 06:07 AM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
I've used sodium cyanide plenty of times on prospecting trips. You just have to keep it alkaline. It isn't nearly as bad as sulfur gas from heating ore. But in a cleanup situation I guess you could assume it is all outgassing or you wouldn't have been called in to deal with it in the first place.

Ever go cyanide fishing for catfish by using peach pits?
Right, in a controlled environment, I would feel just fine (as I do when I go by the FAB daily). I highly doubt the traveller had his in a controlled environment. With an IDLH of 25 mg/m3 or 300ppm airborne and a PEL of 5 mg/m3 (TWA) or 100ppm airborne, even a small release can be serious, especially in a public area such as an airport. Conciuosness is lost within seconds, comatose within 45 minutes, and death under 2 hours. That's for a healthy adult. Good thing it's not readily available to the public.

There are so many chemicals out there that are available to the public that are deadly. Most people don't understand that WMDs and chemical/biological warfare mostly starts off with an industrialized chemical. That's mostly what I found in Iraq. Ethloene dichloride, chlorine gas, dimethyl sulfate and others. Most of which were in their industrial form, marked with UN numbers for storage.

Last edited by Denny; 11-28-2006 at 06:38 AM.
Denny is offline  
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 06:15 AM
PAN
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Under a rock
Posts: 20,154
Uhh, you mispelled comatose Mr. WMD Expert guy...


What's this fishing with peach pits thing? That sounds intriguing...
Fox466 is offline  
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 06:39 AM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox466
Uhh, you mispelled comatose Mr. WMD Expert guy...


What's this fishing with peach pits thing? That sounds intriguing...
There ya go

And Casper just sounds like he's been to the Phillipines on a fishing trip. It's kinda like fishing with dynamite, except with cyanide and no "boom" but still illegal.
Denny is offline  
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 10:02 AM
Musician for the deaf
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Euless, TX
Posts: 9,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox466
Uhh, you mispelled comatose Mr. WMD Expert guy...

What's this fishing with peach pits thing? That sounds intriguing...
Anything with amygdalin will decompose into hydrogen cyanide gas in a low ph aerobic environment (any acidic environment with free oxygen). Most any nuts, or the seeds from stone fruits (peaches, cherries) contain substantial amounts. For pecans and walnuts you should use the hulls too. Some of you might remember in the 70s there was a big scam to sell the cure for cancer, Laetril. It was nothing but amygdalin.

Anyhow, you take a bunch of peach pits, crush them up with a hammer into goop, throw them in a pillowcase with a brick, tie it off and throw it into a stock tank that has fish in it. The gas combines with hemoglobin and prevents the blood from carrying oxygen. Basically you suffocate because the hemoglobin won't give up the cyanide. This is what happens to the fish. After about 20 minutes you should have fish floating. They are safe to eat because the cyanide has bonded with the hemoglobin of the fish, but it is probably not healthy to breathe close to the water.

The last time I bought any sodium cyanide was in the mid-90s, I don't know if you can still get it but I would be surprised if it was outlawed. It has plenty of legitimate uses. However, the "Ice Man" Rick Kuklinski used it a lot to kill people (so he says).
Casper is offline  
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 10:16 AM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Anything with amygdalin will decompose into hydrogen cyanide gas in a low ph aerobic environment (any acidic environment with free oxygen). Most any nuts, or the seeds from stone fruits (peaches, cherries) contain substantial amounts. For pecans and walnuts you should use the hulls too. Some of you might remember in the 70s there was a big scam to sell the cure for cancer, Laetril. It was nothing but amygdalin.

Anyhow, you take a bunch of peach pits, crush them up with a hammer into goop, throw them in a pillowcase with a brick, tie it off and throw it into a stock tank that has fish in it. The gas combines with hemoglobin and prevents the blood from carrying oxygen. Basically you suffocate because the hemoglobin won't give up the cyanide. This is what happens to the fish. After about 20 minutes you should have fish floating. They are safe to eat because the cyanide has bonded with the hemoglobin of the fish, but it is probably not healthy to breathe close to the water.

The last time I bought any sodium cyanide was in the mid-90s, I don't know if you can still get it but I would be surprised if it was outlawed. It has plenty of legitimate uses. However, the "Ice Man" Rick Kuklinski used it a lot to kill people (so he says).
I think you can still get sodium cyanide, potasium cyanide, and hydrogen cyanide with good reason.
Denny is offline  
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 10:35 AM
Musician for the deaf
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Euless, TX
Posts: 9,656
I just did some quick searches, it looks like it may be hard to get a small amount just because of scarcity. And the final use can make you retroactively criminal, which is a damn nice blotch on liberty, constitution be damned.
Casper is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome