When did the Simpsons get so preachy and anti-military? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 05:50 AM Thread Starter
Beer Swillin' Redneck

When did the Simpsons get so preachy and anti-military?

I can take a joke as well as the next guy, but currently the show is not even remotely funny. Their bit this weekend was terrible, no humor at all. In fact I felt like it betrayed our armed forces and the US as a whole. It showed the US army as an imbecilic group of morons and ego driven maniacs hell bent on doing what they want.

Like I said, sure I can take a joke, but the last several episodes have been preachy like this. Nothing funny, just Homer getting hurt and saying his trademark doh.

It seems like to me, that when a show progresses to this level, it is 5 minutes from the chopping block. So to Fox, I say cancel the show, it sucks now. I won't watch it and I hope the movie bombs....

"I have taken more out of alcohol than it has taken out of me."

"If not, by age 20, you are a liberal, then you have no heart. If not, by age 30, you are a conservative, then you have no brain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 06:04 AM
Out

Have you watched The Family Guy or American Dad lately? The Simpsons are just staying up with competition. Trust me, Matt Goening is a die-hard American and he knows it's all done in the name of humor.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 06:08 AM Thread Starter
Beer Swillin' Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
Have you watched The Family Guy or American Dad lately? The Simpsons are just staying up with competition. Trust me, Matt Goening is a die-hard American and he knows it's all done in the name of humor.
Yeah, the quality of those two shows has gone down hill as well, they are no where near as funny as they used to be. Humor is lost cause with all of them, It is nothing but a$$ jokes and poor taste. I guess it is time to remove them from my Tivo....

"I have taken more out of alcohol than it has taken out of me."

"If not, by age 20, you are a liberal, then you have no heart. If not, by age 30, you are a conservative, then you have no brain.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 06:10 AM
que?

i saw the 'trailer' last night
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 11:19 AM
CJD
Time Served

Well,the past 2 or 3 seasons of the Simpsons has been devoted to making fun of Christians,Conservatives,Republicans,President Bush,the War,the military,etc. I've noticed joke after joke about these things. Hell,they made some Iraq jokes the weekend before this past weekend. I'm not uptight,so I can laugh at jokes poking fun at those subjects,but alot of them aren't funny at all,and seem more of an effort to bash than to poke harmless fun. At the same time,I can't necessarily say that they're an attempt to badmouth these subject matters since they routinely make jokes about Fox(their network).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement