Democrats now control the Senate too - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-08-2006, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
ebay pimp

Democrats now control the Senate too

The last senate race was just called, and the Democrats took the Senate too. Oh, and no one mentioned that 20 states elected Democratic governors yesterday also, so Repubilcan governors are now a minority also.

I'm a Libertarian, so I'm glad to see the Republican stanglehold of power broken. Although Libertarian control would be even better

Scott
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-08-2006, 10:04 PM
v2004 rebooted.

I agree. Having ANY one party controlling the entire country is not a good idea.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-09-2006, 07:19 AM
BP
Keep your unicorns

I pray that one of the Koch brothers decides to run for the presidency again in the next election. Eight years of Clinton rule was enough! Chuck Hagel and Bill Frist aren't strong enough to beat Hillary if she runs and I don't see Perry or Jeb Bush doing any better.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-09-2006, 07:21 AM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP
I pray that one of the Koch brothers decides to run for the presidency again in the next election. Eight years of Clinton rule was enough! Chuck Hagel and Bill Frist aren't strong enough to beat Hillary if she runs and I don't see Perry or Jeb Bush doing any better.
McCain/Perry combo wouldn't be so bad.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-09-2006, 07:57 AM
BP
Keep your unicorns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
McCain/Perry combo wouldn't be so bad.
I just don't trust McCain. He's a great guy and I respect him a lot but for someone thats supposed to be a Republican he sure has some Liberal views. I mean he's cosponsored legislation with Ted Kennedy!

That and you think Bush has a problem with public speaking, atleast he didn't make a joke about Clinton's daughter being so ugly because Janet Reno was her father. He also has a problem for obvious reasons dealing with Vietnamese people.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-09-2006, 08:01 AM
IA2

It would appear that the voters have sent a message to washington.

The next couple of years may prove interesting.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-09-2006, 08:01 AM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP
I just don't trust McCain. He's a great guy and I respect him a lot but for someone thats supposed to be a Republican he sure has some Liberal views. I mean he's cosponsored legislation with Ted Kennedy!

That and you think Bush has a problem with public speaking, atleast he didn't make a joke about Clinton's daughter being so ugly because Janet Reno was her father. He also has a problem for obvious reasons dealing with Vietnamese people.
Well, you'll end up voting for who you hate the least and that's their best shot. Hillary won't just have Democratic support, she'll have that "underdog" support from Independants, Libertarians, and even conservative women/minorities. Not all, mind you, but enough to be the next President, especially how close these elections are anyway.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-09-2006, 08:13 AM
Worship me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
Well, you'll end up voting for who you hate the least and that's their best shot. Hillary won't just have Democratic support, she'll have that "underdog" support from Independants, Libertarians, and even conservative women/minorities. Not all, mind you, but enough to be the next President, especially how close these elections are anyway.
I think all that support will be offset by the men who think she is a cunt. Not to mention that the whole S&L scandle will be revisited during the campaign. There are a lot of things that can be dug up on that bitch. That kind of distaste for someone crosses party lines.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-09-2006, 08:18 AM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P
I think all that support will be offset by the men who think she is a cunt. Not to mention that the whole S&L scandle will be revisited during the campaign. There are a lot of things that can be dug up on that bitch. That kind of distaste for someone crosses party lines.
What about the people that just vote out of spite. I think the carpet-munching population as a whole whould have a big turn-out just for that. This'll definately be different than Jeraldine Ferraro(sp).
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-09-2006, 08:34 AM
BP
Keep your unicorns

Quote:
Not if McCain is running against her. Research the Keating five and you'll see he had a hand in it as well. Granted the Democrat controlled Senate tried to make him the scapegoat but he still made some money on the deal.

That and she can always get a divorce and denouce everything her husband was a part of.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-09-2006, 08:37 AM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP
Not if McCain is running against her. Research the Keating five and you'll see he had a hand in it as well. Granted the Democrat controlled Senate tried to make him the scapegoat but he still made some money on the deal.

That and she can always get a divorce and denouce everything her husband was a part of.
I can almost guarantee that'll happen shortly after she announces her candidacy.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-09-2006, 09:31 AM
Musician for the deaf

Quote:
hehe, yeah and she'll be getting a LOT of face time.

You know that whiney soccer mom bitch that rides in the left hand lane with the cell phone glued to her ear, who always talks loud at any gathering and her voice grates on your nrves to the point where you envy the deaf?

That is her.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-09-2006, 01:09 PM
T-MINUS

Fucking Hillary She reminds me of the martian leader in Mars Attacks
"We will fight, we will win, we will continue to ACK ACK ACK ACK ACK ACKACKACKACKACKACKACKACKACKACKACKACKACKACKACK"

It bothers me that the republicans got inside the beltway and turned the citizens volume completely down. And the Democrats will do the exact same - they already have. I can only hope they get locked up in hearings and they don't allow time to pass any horseshit legislation (like naturalizing 30 million illegals that the country can't afford to absorb)
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-09-2006, 04:51 PM
Thread Kill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt
I can only hope they get locked up in hearings and they don't allow time to pass any horseshit legislation (like naturalizing 30 million illegals that the country can't afford to absorb)
That's my biggest worry. If we do not stem the flow of immigration both legal and illegal we will be fighting for things like fresh water when we're old men. (well some of us, some of you old fuckers will already be dead)
We do not have the natural resources to sustain our population as it is now, so I dont even want to know what it will be like in 50 years if we dont stop this now.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-09-2006, 04:58 PM
Lifer

This question is mainly for the Bush-haters:
So now if there are problems/deaths/attacks that arise from some new legislation that Bush did not want, who is responsible?

What if wiretapping foreign calls becomes illegal and we have an attack that could have been thwarted?

What if the Patriot Act is watered down and we have an attack?

What if the Dems manage to get a pullout of iraq before it is stable enough and terrorists take over like they did in Afghanistan?

there are many other things that the dems have sworn to do and if they accomplish these things, who is responsible if something happens?

Just curious.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-09-2006, 05:26 PM Thread Starter
ebay pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90 Notch
What if wiretapping foreign calls becomes illegal and we have an attack that could have been thwarted?

What if the Patriot Act is watered down and we have an attack?

What if the Dems manage to get a pullout of iraq before it is stable enough and terrorists take over like they did in Afghanistan?

there are many other things that the dems have sworn to do and if they accomplish these things, who is responsible if something happens?

Just curious.
I'm not a "Bush-hater", but I am glad to see the single party domination of policy broken up. with that said

1. the Bush wiretaps are already illegal, however all Bush has to do is follow the guidelines of the FISA Act of 1978 & he's in complete compliance with the law. FISA set up a 3 shift 24/7 court specifically to get warrants for wiretaps (legally) and even has provisions for a wiretap to proceed for up to 72 hours prior to applying for said warrant. So there's no excuse not to follow the law.

2.The Patriot Act was only passed originally because it was supposed to be temporary wartime measure. Parts of the Patriot Act may violate the Constitution. We can do fine without the Patriot Act, through existing legal procedures.

3.If we pulled out of Afghanistan too early under a Republican Congress & President, who's fault was that? But on Iraq, even the Iraqis are asking for a measured draw down over an 18 month period. Even the Democrats have learned from the Republican led failures in Afghanistan.

Scott
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-09-2006, 09:29 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by White trash wagon
I'm not a "Bush-hater", but I am glad to see the single party domination of policy broken up. with that said

1. the Bush wiretaps are already illegal, however all Bush has to do is follow the guidelines of the FISA Act of 1978 & he's in complete compliance with the law. FISA set up a 3 shift 24/7 court specifically to get warrants for wiretaps (legally) and even has provisions for a wiretap to proceed for up to 72 hours prior to applying for said warrant. So there's no excuse not to follow the law.

2.The Patriot Act was only passed originally because it was supposed to be temporary wartime measure. Parts of the Patriot Act may violate the Constitution. We can do fine without the Patriot Act, through existing legal procedures.

3.If we pulled out of Afghanistan too early under a Republican Congress & President, who's fault was that? But on Iraq, even the Iraqis are asking for a measured draw down over an 18 month period. Even the Democrats have learned from the Republican led failures in Afghanistan.

Scott
Spoken like every person who claims to be a liberal. I know, I know, you aren't liberal though.

What failures and pull out in Afghanistan? Is this a new liberal talking point you read on Moveon.org?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement