Kerry apologizes to troops after pressure from fellow Democrats - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 07:25 AM Thread Starter
¯\(º_o)/¯

Kerry apologizes to troops after pressure from fellow Democrats

Democraps, stand by wtf you say. FLIPFLOPFLIPFLOPFLIPFLOPFLIPFLOP

By Michael McAuliff

New York Daily News

(MCT)

WASHINGTON - Democrats cut and ran from Sen. John Kerry Wednesday, forcing him to apologize for bungling a joke that ended up insulting U.S. troops in Iraq.

The Democratic senator from Massachusetts issued a mea culpa for a botched punch line that it's the uneducated who "get stuck in Iraq."

But the apology didn't come until Democrats, including potential 2008 rival Sen. Hillary Clinton, joined a chorus of Republicans dumping on the flubbed one-liner that was apparently meant to insult President Bush.

"What Sen. Kerry said was inappropriate," said Clinton, D-N.Y., on the campaign trail Wednesday.

Even Kerry's friend, radio host Dom Imus, told him he'd bungled it and could hurt Democrats' chances of taking back the House and Senate in next week's elections.

"Stop talking. Go home, get on the bike, go windsurfing, anything," Imus said. "Stop it. You are going to ruin this."

Kerry issued a statement saying he was sorry not long after that.

"I sincerely regret that my words were misinterpreted to wrongly imply anything negative about those in uniform, and I personally apologize to any service member, family member or American who was offended," he said.

"I don't want my verbal slip to be a diversion from the real issues," he added. "I will continue to fight for a change of course to provide real security for our country, and a winning strategy for our troops."

Clinton had offered similar sentiments, suggesting the brouhaha's unpleasant reminders of the 2004 election were distracting from Democrats' push to retake the House and Senate in 2006.

"I believe we can't let it divert us from looking at the issues that are at stake in our country," she said. "No one wants to see the 2004 election replayed - that's about the past."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 07:35 AM
Is it cold in here?

It's too LATE!!

[email protected] on some 275 60's!
http://media.putfile.com/Neely-tulsa-final-round001
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 07:38 AM
Lifer

What a fucking jackass!

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 07:39 AM
GROWED UP WRONG

I want to know what the actual "Joke" was? I dont think there was another one, I think he meant to say what he did, and it backfired.....
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 07:47 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigen
I want to know what the actual "Joke" was? I dont think there was another one, I think he meant to say what he did, and it backfired.....
Here's what he said:

"You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq."

Uh... ha ha ha?
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 07:51 AM
GROWED UP WRONG

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Tbird
Here's what he said:

"You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq."
Uh... ha ha ha?
Exactly...
How could that have went anywhere else?
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 07:54 AM
Philippians 4:13

"You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don't, you get stuck flipping burgers."
would be more like it

post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 07:58 AM
♣ L.B.C.C. ♣

lmfao kerry is a dumb fucking faggot. i agree with the 'its too late' statement, but with these things, it's best that they come out at all, no matter when. kerry had to, it's only right. now they can all put this shit to rest. it's already 'yesterday's news', i highly doubt the president and others are going to keep bringing up the botched joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
This thread makes me want to get all wack on loco watermelon chewy cocoa popo juice and xanax and go drive my shitbox and cry forever 'cause my girl left me and my step dad tells me he loves me with his fists.
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 08:09 AM
BP
Keep your unicorns

His "apology" was a statement on his website.

Quote:
As a combat veteran, I want to make it clear to anyone in uniform and to their loved ones: my poorly stated joke at a rally was not about, and never intended to refer to any troop.

I sincerely regret that my words were misinterpreted to wrongly imply anything negative about those in uniform, and I personally apologize to any service member, family member, or American who was offended.

It is clear the Republican Party would rather talk about anything but their failed security policy. I don’t want my verbal slip to be a diversion from the real issues. I will continue to fight for a change of course to provide real security for our country, and a winning strategy for our troops.
Still not sure how their security policy has failed, seeing as how it's been over 5 years since the last terrorist attack on US soil.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 11:02 AM
Out

He's sorry for people taking it the wrong way, not for saying it. Even that, a forced apology isn't an apology IMO.
post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 11:39 AM Thread Starter
¯\(º_o)/¯

Denny, thats fucked up... lmfao

post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 11:42 AM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbecX
Denny, thats fucked up... lmfao
Me?

Just don't force me to apologize
post #13 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 11:44 AM Thread Starter
¯\(º_o)/¯

post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 11:53 AM
Out

It's not killing anyone.
post #15 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
He's sorry for people taking it the wrong way, not for saying it. Even that, a forced apology isn't an apology IMO.
BING-FUCKING-O!!
post #16 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 11:58 AM
Certified CRAZY!

"Today, the US Military issued an official response to Senator John Kerry's remarks to a group of college students in California stating that if they did not work hard, do their homework and hold education as a high priority that they would end up stuck in Iraq."

response from all the uneducated troops LMAO

You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, even months over analyzing a situation.. trying to put the pieces back together, justifying what could've, should've and would've happened or you can leave the pieces on the floor and move the fuck on!!
post #17 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 12:46 PM
Token Troll

I like that he hides behind a "written" statement on his website. Mr. Tough had no problem going on air or TV to say he was right, but now that he's "sorry", its a small secretive released statement ($10 says he didn't even write it) on his website.

And even then, he still tries to bash Bush.

What a @%@!$ weasel!

'05 Redfire Mustang

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey
post #18 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 03:33 PM
ebay pimp

The paper published Kerry's speech notes, here's what he was supposed to say:

"You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don't, you can get us stuck in Iraq. Just ask President Bush"

So obviously he REALLY screwed up.

Scott
post #19 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 03:54 PM
D
Sofa Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by racegirl
"Today, the US Military issued an official response to Senator John Kerry's remarks to a group of college students in California stating that if they did not work hard, do their homework and hold education as a high priority that they would end up stuck in Iraq."

response from all the uneducated troops LMAO

THAT is fucking hilarious.

When I first heard that on the news the doctors in the hospital were doing an ultrasound on my wife. The doctor is a total hippy but he's cool as hell. When he heard that he dropped the camera deal and said "Who the fuck....?" My wife responded with "WHAT'S WRONG WITH MY BABY?!?!?!"...had to be there...but it was classic.

post #20 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 03:55 PM
D
Sofa Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by White trash wagon

"You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don't, you can get us stuck in Iraq. Just ask President Bush"

Scott
No excuse Scott. The majority of people in the Military (at least 95% of who I have talked to) hate Kerry as it is. That was just more fuel for the fire.

post #21 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 03:57 PM
ebay pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90StangLX5.0
No excuse Scott. The majority of people in the Military (at least 95% of who I have talked to) hate Kerry as it is. That was just more fuel for the fire.
I just quoted the paper, I've never been a fan of Kerry.

Scott
post #22 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 06:27 PM
PAN

Awesome. And to think that that jackass came within a lawsuit of being our commander in chief...
post #23 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 06:44 PM

Quote:

Scott
Pure spin Scott.........nothing BUT!!
post #24 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 07:01 PM
PAN

I'm betting that kerry is really wishing his buddy algore had never invented the innernet right about now...
post #25 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox466
I'm betting that kerry is really wishing his buddy algore had never invented the innernet right about now...
Ya think? LMAO!!
post #26 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 10:59 PM
Lifer

Too little, too late. Fucking dipshit. Him and Ted Kennedy dont deserve to walk the earth.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #27 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-03-2006, 06:47 AM
Token Troll

Quote:
That still sounds like he's chapping on the military.

'05 Redfire Mustang

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey
post #28 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-03-2006, 08:32 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostTX
That still sounds like he's chapping on the military.

Unless you are a liberal.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #29 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-03-2006, 10:40 AM
Never settle always excel

The Republicans are most likely thankful to Kerry for this stupid foot in mouth comment. After all it took the heat off the Foley "I wanna hump a Page" issue, LOL.
post #30 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-03-2006, 10:43 AM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
The Republicans are most likely thankful to Kerry for this stupid foot in mouth comment. After all it took the heat off the Foley "I wanna hump a Page" issue, LOL.
Because no one really gave a shit but the liberal media anyway.
post #31 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-03-2006, 11:27 AM
Lifer

Quote:
I think Foley kind of took the steam out of that story by resigning after it broke. He wasn't even accused of committing a crime and he resigned. The Dems could learn something from that idea.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #32 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-03-2006, 11:31 AM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90 Notch
The Dems could learn something from that idea.
Dems don't ever learn anything... they're RIGHT from the beginning. (Pun intended)
post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-03-2006, 12:01 PM
Lifer

I did hear someting funny on the world news last night, Kerry is the Republicans new best friend. lol. Nope sorry, still hated, and still a dumbass.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #34 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-03-2006, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
Dems don't ever learn anything... they're LEFT from the beginning. (Pun intended)
post #35 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-03-2006, 01:49 PM

SEPARATED AT BIRTH?
Young Kerry

Kerry today
post #36 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-03-2006, 11:10 PM
Never settle always excel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90 Notch
I think Foley kind of took the steam out of that story by resigning after it broke. He wasn't even accused of committing a crime and he resigned. The Dems could learn something from that idea.
Hell maybe some of the perverts on Capital hill from both parties could learn something. I am thinking, how bout stop trying to fuck the help, especially the under age pages. I don't excuse him because he resigned, he most likely needs to be in jail, he reminds of those nasty bastards they keep catching on Dateline showing up at a 13 year old girls house after some internet chat. You can excuse him because he is in the party you support. I have no confidence in either party so I'll have to hold politicians to a higher moral standard than you, I suppose. I guess you and Denny can support a representative who is gay, abuses alcohol and wants to have sex with minors but I chose the "oh hell no" approach on that one. Good luck with that my right wing liberal minded keyboardist.

Last edited by Pro Trash; 11-03-2006 at 11:17 PM.
post #37 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-04-2006, 01:24 PM
Lifer

Quote:

Hell maybe some of the perverts on Capital hill from both parties could learn something. I am thinking, how bout stop trying to fuck the help, especially the under age pages. I don't excuse him because he resigned, he most likely needs to be in jail, he reminds of those nasty bastards they keep catching on Dateline showing up at a 13 year old girls house after some internet chat. You can excuse him because he is in the party you support. I have no confidence in either party so I'll have to hold politicians to a higher moral standard than you, I suppose. I guess you and Denny can support a representative who is gay, abuses alcohol and wants to have sex with minors but I chose the "oh hell no" approach on that one. Good luck with that my right wing liberal minded keyboardist.
You are such an idiot. Please post where I have supported Foley. I have denounced him many times. The difference you can't see because you are such a flaming liberal is that liberals don't resign, even when they have committed a crime. You have no standards higher than I do, trust me. Didn't you support some QB who had a few run-ins with the police over underage girls? Shocking that you only want a Republican to be prosecuted, not your buddies.

What crime has Foley committed? Last I heard sending nasty, sexual, perverted emails to under age kids is not a crime. It is morally reprehensible and that is why he resigned. If he committed a crime, I will glady say he should be in jail. I also was consistent and said Clinton should have resigned, but I doubt you see the consistency in those stances, do you?

I guess getting blowjobs in the Oval Office wasn't enough for your party to get Clinton to resign.

I am not even going to address the "right wing liberal" idiot quote. LOL

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

Sponsored Links
Advertisement