Bush approves border barrier. - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 07:36 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Bush approves border barrier.

So fuckin what. It's just a useless piece of paper that he only signed for the elections. There was no funding included with it and the $1.2 billion that was previously approved by congress isn't near enough to pay for it.

I certainly hope that all of the fence riding voters will see through his and Rick Perry's BS and not be persuaded by it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 08:15 AM
Musician for the deaf

Hmmm, he has moved the debate from whether it should be built to whether it should be funded. Sounds like progress to me.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 08:28 AM
Out

<-------Waits for the contract... I already talked it over with the old lady and she said I could go.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 09:02 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Hmmm, he has moved the debate from whether it should be built to whether it should be funded. Sounds like progress to me.
Let's wait a year and see if it ever get's built. I'll buy your lunch if it even gets 10% complete. It's simply a ploy for all the gullibles' vote.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 09:18 AM
Hero in a half shell

If the Republicans control the congress after this election, it'll have a higher chance of being built, don't count on the dems doing that. This congressman from Indiana received a 100% rating on the immigration issue from Grassfire, check out his interview about this issue.
http://www.audioacrobat.com/note/CGcgtk0s/

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 09:18 AM
I drive a fookin Honda

I am very skeptical about this. It is really sad that the only time either the Republicans OR Dems posture or act as if they are going to do anything WE want it comes at this time of year. BTW, Rick Perry can suck on deeez nuts.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 10:43 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fobra
If the Republicans control the congress after this election, it'll have a higher chance of being built, don't count on the dems doing that. This congressman from Indiana received a 100% rating on the immigration issue from Grassfire, check out his interview about this issue.
http://www.audioacrobat.com/note/CGcgtk0s/
If there is one area where I am totally against democratic ideas, it is on immigration. Seems like the dems in general are against the fence. They want to use other ways of controlling illegal immigration, which I don't think will work. It's a shame that they can't see how illegal immigration is breaking the back of the country
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 11:02 AM
Banned

So, they want to put the fence up between New Mexico and Mexico...why not rename New Mexico so people won't be attracted to it so much?
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 01:44 PM
ebay pimp

This problem of illegal imigration from Mexico has been around forever, but it became an acute problem in the early 70's when Mexico had a SEVERE depression, and they've never fully recovered. So 35 years later, here we are.

The Republican's have controlled congress for 12 years, so why haven't they voted in a fence years ago. Bush had been in power for 6.5 years, why is he only doing anything about it now. How about when he was the governor of Texas, what did he do about illegal immigration then?

The Democrats don't get off the hook either, they've controlled congress & held the presidency part of the last 35 years....what did they do?

Scott
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 03:29 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by White trash wagon
This problem of illegal imigration from Mexico has been around forever, but it became an acute problem in the early 70's when Mexico had a SEVERE depression, and they've never fully recovered. So 35 years later, here we are.

The Republican's have controlled congress for 12 years, so why haven't they voted in a fence years ago. Bush had been in power for 6.5 years, why is he only doing anything about it now. How about when he was the governor of Texas, what did he do about illegal immigration then?

The Democrats don't get off the hook either, they've controlled congress & held the presidency part of the last 35 years....what did they do?

Scott
You answer your own question. Both parties had control to deal with this problem and didn't, until Bush has. Yeah, it may be unfunded, but let's take one step at a time. This issue needs to be resolved. It didn't become a problem overnight, not will it be solved overnight.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 07:14 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by line-em-up
If there is one area where I am totally against democratic ideas, it is on immigration. Seems like the dems in general are against the fence. They want to use other ways of controlling illegal immigration, which I don't think will work. It's a shame that they can't see how illegal immigration is breaking the back of the country
The fence ain't gonna do any good. You have to make it illegal (and enforce it!!!) to hire undocumented workers...period! Problem solved. Nobody will be willing to pay $20 grand per head.
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-31-2006, 06:57 AM
ebay pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90 Notch
You answer your own question. Both parties had control to deal with this problem and didn't, until Bush has. Yeah, it may be unfunded, but let's take one step at a time. This issue needs to be resolved. It didn't become a problem overnight, not will it be solved overnight.

You missed my point, Bush ignored the problem for 5.5 years, and the Republican controlled congress ignored it for 11 years. They only responded when when we rammed it down thier throats. Even Bush's "answer" is greatly watered down by his "guest worker " initiative. Hardly knights in shining armor

Scott
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-31-2006, 07:39 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt
The fence ain't gonna do any good. You have to make it illegal (and enforce it!!!) to hire undocumented workers...period! Problem solved. Nobody will be willing to pay $20 grand per head.
I definitely agree with fining the employers. However, we also need a fence to make it more difficult for the terrorist to enter. There's nothing to stop them right now.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-31-2006, 08:11 AM
Lifer

Quote:
You missed my point, Bush ignored the problem for 5.5 years, and the Republican controlled congress ignored it for 11 years. They only responded when when we rammed it down thier throats. Even Bush's "answer" is greatly watered down by his "guest worker " initiative. Hardly knights in shining armor

Scott
I should have known you would only hold the Republicans responsible.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-31-2006, 08:12 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by line-em-up
I definitely agree with fining the employers. However, we also need a fence to make it more difficult for the terrorist to enter. There's nothing to stop them right now.
Yep, then criminalize the behavior of the individual after we go after businesses and secure the border. That way, everyone is held responsible. What a novel idea!

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-31-2006, 11:39 AM
Musician for the deaf

Wait, I thought this was to keep the damn canadians out. I was all for that. But I don't want to lose my lawn boy, he has a really cute middle school daughter and I'm helping her to learn english...
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-31-2006, 01:14 PM
ebay pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90 Notch
I should have known you would only hold the Republicans responsible.
I should have known that your blinders prevented you from seeing:

Scott

But you paint it like Bush is some saviour, like only HE can fix it. Well he (and the Democrats) haven't. Reason: both parties are suckups to the main beneficiaries:BIG BUSINESS.

Scott
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-31-2006, 01:36 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I should have known that your blinders prevented you from seeing:

Scott

But you paint it like Bush is some saviour, like only HE can fix it. Well he (and the Democrats) haven't. Reason: both parties are suckups to the main beneficiaries:BIG BUSINESS.

Scott
I just enjoy being able to say that Bush is the one who got us started down the right road to border security. Because the president gets credit for the positive and blame for the negative during his Presidency, right?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-04-2006, 12:32 PM
Certified CRAZY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
<-------Waits for the contract... I already talked it over with the old lady and she said I could go.
Beat ya to it there busta. Been approved and oral exam in 2 weeks

<---finally wins!

You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, even months over analyzing a situation.. trying to put the pieces back together, justifying what could've, should've and would've happened or you can leave the pieces on the floor and move the fuck on!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement