Michael J. Fox.... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 209 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Michael J. Fox....

Why is it such a big deal that Limbaugh accused Fox of going off his drugs to make the commercial for the Democratic political ad?

I was told he has admitted he went off his meds to testify before Congress. If that is true, he has gone off the meds so that he can make a point that he feels strongly about, and apparently he feels like this Democrat he is supporting needs that kind of help.

BTW, I think it is pretty disgusting if he went off his meds for the political ad, and I completely understand why he went off of them for the testimony before Congress.

I haven't seen if Fox has admitted or denied Limbaugh's allegation.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 209 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 07:41 PM
Never settle always excel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90 Notch
Why is it such a big deal that Limbaugh accused Fox of going off his drugs to make the commercial for the Democratic political ad?

I was told he has admitted he went off his meds to testify before Congress. If that is true, he has gone off the meds so that he can make a point that he feels strongly about, and apparently he feels like this Democrat he is supporting needs that kind of help.

BTW, I think it is pretty disgusting if he went off his meds for the political ad, and I completely understand why he went off of them for the testimony before Congress.

Maybe Limbaugh should come of his "drugs" before he bashes others LOL

OXY, OXY, OXY
post #3 of 209 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash

OXY, OXY, OXY
he did, buttmunch.

post #4 of 209 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 08:24 PM
Lifer

Quote:

not mention the fact that he told the typical HALF TRUTH in apolitical ad, the truth is IF and thats a BIG IF there was so much to be discovered and consequently money to be made drug companies and private investors would be all over stem cell research.
post #5 of 209 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrp88lx's
not mention the fact that he told the typical HALF TRUTH in apolitical ad, the truth is IF and thats a BIG IF! IF there was so much to be discovered and consequently money to be made drug companies and private investors would be all over stem cell research.
yep
post #6 of 209 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 08:34 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

I look at this from two directions. First, IMO Rush (who I listen to almost everyday) had not taste in his remarks. Fox medication causes him to move around like that, but without it he can't even walk.

However, Fox is the guy that put himself up for that shot. The ad was an emotional lighting rod. I'll be honest, before giving those comments any thought I wanted to kick the Republican in the nuts. I actually support stem cell research but Fox's remarks were misleading.

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
post #7 of 209 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 08:42 PM
Lifer

I was reading today, that Fox stated that he went off of the drugs in his book that he wrote in, I believe, 2004. Rush only quoted what was said in this book, by Fox himself in regards to his using the obiviously bad effects of parkinsons to make his point. I read the transcript of the show today, and can not quote for certain. I just wish the political people would quit using something as important as research into helping people with these dibilitating dieseases for their (the politicians) own gain.
post #8 of 209 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 12:11 AM
not exclude

Quote:
not mention the fact that he told the typical HALF TRUTH in apolitical ad, the truth is IF and thats a BIG IF there was so much to be discovered and consequently money to be made drug companies and private investors would be all over stem cell research.
This guy must be an expert on stem cells.
post #9 of 209 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 12:45 AM
Gunga galunga

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlude
This guy must be an expert on stem cells.
I couldn't resist, it ws the first thing I thought of
post #10 of 209 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 10:58 AM
T-MINUS

I just wanted to scream "HOLD STILL!" while watching the video. He reminded me of an aggitator in a washing machine.

I think him saying what he is, is horseshit, stating that by this lady getting elected will allow stem cell research to progress.
post #11 of 209 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 12:02 PM
ebay pimp

I heard that Limbaugh show, he said that Fox was "acting or faking" the symptoms. And in one of his subsequents comments(since he talks about the same thing for 3 hours), he then said that Fox was acting or skipped his meds. Limbaugh did appoligize.

Hannity made an ass of himself accusing Harold Ford's father of using the word "cracker", when in fact Ford said "tracker". Hannity appologized.

Scott
post #12 of 209 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 12:42 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by White trash wagon
I heard that Limbaugh show, he said that Fox was "acting or faking" the symptoms. And in one of his subsequents comments(since he talks about the same thing for 3 hours), he then said that Fox was acting or skipped his meds. Limbaugh did appoligize.

Hannity made an ass of himself accusing Harold Ford's father of using the word "cracker", when in fact Ford said "tracker". Hannity appologized.

Scott
Limbaugh apologized and then later came back and said he wasn't regretful or sorry for anything he said prior and stood by his earlier statements.
post #13 of 209 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 02:09 PM
ebay pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_Ole_Red
Limbaugh apologized and then later came back and said he wasn't regretful or sorry for anything he said prior and stood by his earlier statements.
Yep, Rush appologized again today.......then went right back in for another attack.

Scott
post #14 of 209 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 10:56 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Yep, Rush appologized again today.......then went right back in for another attack.

Scott
He has to defend against this liberal plot by Michael J Fox to take the hill....

I think the mega dittos of "hillbilly heroin" is affecting His Fat Assed Mouthiness.
post #15 of 209 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 07:28 AM
Lifer

If you want to get the straight facts from Micheal J Fox instead of listening to Limbaugh and his right wing lunes spout off, go here.

http://www.onegoodmove.org/1gm/

You'll see the interview between Michael and Katie Couric.
post #16 of 209 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 07:29 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash

OXY, OXY, OXY
Exactamundo!!
post #17 of 209 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 08:36 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by line-em-up
If you want to get the straight facts from Micheal J Fox instead of listening to Limbaugh and his right wing lunes spout off, go here.

except of course she didnt ask him about the fact that he already admitted he goes off his meds for his senate hearing in order to show the effects of the disease and make a better point. So the question posed certainly was a valid one, or about the fact that the bill he mentions in the ad would make human cloning legal!!!! FLUFF PIECE
post #18 of 209 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 08:46 AM

Quote:

Scott
He NEVER said "faking".
post #19 of 209 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 08:50 AM

Quote:

What fucking kind of interview do you think it would be between
THOSE two?
FLUFF!
Katie Couric IS ONE OF THE MOST BIASED LIBERAL POS IN THE MEDIA TODAY.
post #20 of 209 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 08:53 AM
Lifer

Quote:
except of course she didnt ask him about the fact that he already admitted he goes off his meds for his senate hearing in order to show the effects of the disease and make a better point. So the question posed certainly was a valid one, or about the fact that the bill he mentions in the ad would make human cloning legal!!!! FLUFF PIECE
Even if he was off his meds, I don't care. Why shouldn't people see the real impact of what happens to your body because of the disease? It's definitely not the same as if he was over acting like Rush accused him of doing.
post #21 of 209 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 08:59 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder
What fucking kind of interview do you think it would be between
THOSE two?
FLUFF!
Katie Couric IS ONE OF THE MOST BIASED LIBERAL POS IN THE MEDIA TODAY.
There goes that word again.

If you choose to dimiss it , then fine. Do you actually think that Fox is making the effort because he's some lunatic left wing liberal or because he happens to have the disease, knows how it can destroy your body and wants to try his best to get funding and research to get rid of it. Think about it. I applaud him for trying to help others instead of worrying about how he's going to get his taxes lowered so he can buy that new house in Miami.
post #22 of 209 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 09:30 AM

Quote:
There goes that word again.

If you choose to dimiss it , then fine. Do you actually think that Fox is making the effort because he's some lunatic left wing liberal or because he happens to have the disease, knows how it can destroy your body and wants to try his best to get funding and research to get rid of it. Think about it. I applaud him for trying to help others instead of worrying about how he's going to get his taxes lowered so he can buy that new house in Miami.
In this PARTICULAR CASE, do you applaud him in saying blatent lies?
post #23 of 209 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 09:53 AM
not exclude

Quote:
In this PARTICULAR CASE, do you applaud him in saying blatent lies?
What'd he lie about?
post #24 of 209 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 10:11 AM

Quote:
What'd he lie about?

Why do I have to answer your silly questions, when all you'll do is say, "You're wrong."?
Name ONE cure that researchers have gained from EMBRYONIC stem cell research?
post #25 of 209 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 10:19 AM
not exclude

Quote:

Why do I have to answer your silly questions, when all you'll do is say, "You're wrong."?
You ass clown, I was honestly just asking what you meant. What'd he lie about?

Quote:
Name ONE cure that researchers have gained from EMBRYONIC stem cell research?
They have been able to grow organ tissue in petrie dishes using stem cells. The technology for this was developed using embryonic stem cells and we were able to figure out how to convert other pluripotent stem cells to do it, but only because of the embryonic research.

The whole ban on government funding is silly, imo. Because embryonic stem cells in no way require the harming of a fetus to collect. Just a bunch of people talking about stuff they don't know about and then making legislation (mistakes?).
post #26 of 209 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 10:26 AM

Quote:
You ass clown, I was honestly just asking what you meant. What'd he lie about?

They have been able to grow organ tissue in petrie dishes using stem cells. The technology for this was developed using embryonic stem cells and we were able to figure out how to convert other pluripotent stem cells to do it, but only because of the embryonic research.

The whole ban on government funding is silly, imo. Because embryonic stem cells in no way require the harming of a fetus to collect. Just a bunch of people talking about stuff they don't know about and then making legislation (mistakes?).
Ya didn't answer my question as usual! LOL assmunch
You can do the same with adult stem cell research.

All I'm saying is that he said that withOUT embryonic stem cell research cures will not be found. They are making far more progress with ADULT stem cell research.
post #27 of 209 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 10:31 AM
not exclude

Forgot to add what that organ tissue is used to treat: Diabetes mellitus. Pancreatic tissue is created and can produce it's own insulin. Alzheimer's and Parkinson's also stand to benefit from the creation of neurons that better receive dopamine. Alzheimer's! This affects you too!

But your statement about adult stem cells is incorrect, there is a huge difference between embryonic stemcells and other mature stem cells. Normal adult stem cells are slightly differentiated (pluripotent) and, while they can be used to develop several different types of cells, the options are not infinite. ES cells, on the other hand, are totipotent, meaning they can turn into any cell in the body given the right signals.
post #28 of 209 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 10:36 AM
not exclude

Quote:
You can now, but only because of the embryonic research. The embryonic research has told us infinitely more about the necessary signalling that turns stem cells into differentiated cells.
post #29 of 209 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Forgot to add what that organ tissue is used to treat: Diabetes mellitus. Pancreatic tissue is created and can produce it's own insulin. Alzheimer's and Parkinson's also stand to benefit from the creation of neurons that better receive dopamine. Alzheimer's! This affects you too!

But your statement about adult stem cells is incorrect, there is a huge difference between embryonic stemcells and other mature stem cells. Normal adult stem cells are slightly differentiated (pluripotent) and, while they can be used to develop several different types of cells, the options are not infinite. ES cells, on the other hand, are totipotent, meaning they can turn into any cell in the body given the right signals.
They STILL CAN BE USED! And new ways are being found everyday to use them.
He said people will NOT be cured without embryonic stem cell research and that is a out right LIE!
Why is that soo hard to friggin understand?
post #30 of 209 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 10:55 AM

Quote:
You can now, but only because of the embryonic research. The embryonic research has told us infinitely more about the necessary signalling that turns stem cells into differentiated cells.
Sooooo.........move on! LOL
post #31 of 209 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 10:57 AM
not exclude

Quote:
They STILL CAN BE USED! And new ways are being found everyday to use them.
He said people will NOT be cured without embryonic stem cell research and that is a out right LIE!
Why is that soo hard to friggin understand?
DO YOU SEE WHAT I AM WRITINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.

Yes, progress is now being made with Adult stem cells, but only because of prior ES cell research.

I will type it twice, to make sure you see it.

Yes, progress is now being made with Adult stem cells, but only because of prior ES cell research.

Okay, maybe a third time.

Yes, progress is now being made with adult stem cells, but only because of prior ES cell research.

And many of the tissue types that we are developing can still only be done with ES lines. However, a lot of them are developing tumors because of flaws in the cells due to bad collection methods among things.
post #32 of 209 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 10:59 AM
not exclude

Quote:
Sooooo.........move on! LOL
Alright, we found adult cell abilities for a handful of diseases...we should just give up on researching all the other hundreds of thousands. The little part you bolded already explained this, we can't manipulate adult stem cells into totipotency yet. We have found a way to take a few adult stem cells (hemepoatic (sp?)) to other stem cell lines, but that's not totipotency.
post #33 of 209 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 11:01 AM

Quote:
DO YOU SEE WHAT I AM WRITINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.

I will type it twice, to make sure you see it.

Okay, maybe a third time.

Yes, progress is now being made with adult stem cells, but only because of prior ES cell research.

And many of the tissue types that we are developing can still only be done with ES lines. However, a lot of them are developing tumors because of flaws in the cells due to bad collection methods among things.
I don't give a flying fuck how many fucking times you say it!
The fact is that fox fucking LIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
post #34 of 209 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 11:02 AM
not exclude

Quote:
I don't give a flying fuck how many fucking times you say it!
The fact is that fox fucking LIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
Maybe, I dunno his wording. I personally don't care what he did/didn't say, I already believe every single person in hollywood is clinically insane.

Just stop the BS about stem cells, too much bullshit in popular belief.

One thing remains true: If it weren't for ES cells, progress today with adult stem cells would be no where near what it is.
post #35 of 209 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Alright, we found adult cell abilities for a handful of diseases...we should just give up on researching all the other hundreds of thousands. The little part you bolded already explained this, we can't manipulate adult stem cells into totipotency yet. We have found a way to take a few adult stem cells (hemepoatic (sp?)) to other stem cell lines, but that's not totipotency.
God damn it retard!!
Did I fucking say that we should STOP ANY reaearch??????
MJ Fox said that there will be NO CURES....unnertand NO CURES?.........WITHOUT embryonic stem cell research

THAT IS MY POINT THAT STARTED THIS FUCKING SHIT WITH YOU!
Fuck! You're as dense as a fucking black hole.....at times!
post #36 of 209 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 11:08 AM
Musician for the deaf

I say put the homeless to work in the animal shelters making fur coats and harvesting their own food from cats and dogs, use the women for entertainment for the troops and harvest the fetuses for both research and rendering into biodeisel. You could even clone them to get some labor for building a fence along the Mexican border, and to provide food for one another. Technology has real solutions, it is politics getting in the way!
post #37 of 209 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 11:09 AM
not exclude

Quote:
God damn it retard!!
MJ Fox said that there will be NO CURES....unnertand NO CURES?.........WITHOUT embryonic stem cell research

Fuck! You're as dense as a fucking black hole!
That isn't necessarily wrong, hard to prove, but not necessarily wrong.

Because, like I said three times over...we would not have the cures we are currently working on without FIRST DOING THEM WITH ES CELLS.
post #38 of 209 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 12:40 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
God damn it retard!!

Fuck! You're as dense as a fucking black hole.....at times!
He will never admit your point was made. NEVER, even though it is crystal clear to everyone else.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #39 of 209 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 01:52 PM
not exclude

Quote:
He will never admit your point was made. NEVER, even though it is crystal clear to everyone else.
Here comes another biology specialist. He knows what he is talking about! Welcome to M1M's and shrp88lx's biology forum. The trifecta of professionals is complete.

M1M has read, I'm sure by some biased popular BS, that we don't need ES research. Hell, it's what a lot of people believe due to proponents of anti-ES legislation. But it's simply not true. There would not be any adult stem cell treatment today without prior ES research. This directly contradicts what he is arguing to say Fox is lying.

I'm sure you have read up on your ES studies though, so you know how vital the research in ES cell signaling has been in determining hSC pluripotency crossing.

Now, it's possible that without ES cell research we might one day get the same stem cell technology we have today. But it would take considerable more time, not acceptable when people are dying, imo.

I think the whole argument against ES cells is kind of silly. We get them from "waste" blastocysts from fertility clinics that would throw them away otherwise. Now, instead of using those for science (with federal funding) we just plain throw them away. Awesome. I guess you could have a problem with the procedure of the fertility clinics or a problem with fertility clinics in general, but I have yet to hear that voiced.

Last edited by exlude; 10-27-2006 at 02:02 PM.
post #40 of 209 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 02:19 PM
Banned

Man...y'all leave Marty McFly alone okay? Bad enough the guy has a hot wife and a disease that's incurable...

And - exlude - your karma card is about to be punched...
post #41 of 209 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 02:20 PM
Banned

Man...y'all leave Marty McFly alone okay? Bad enough the guy has a hot wife and a disease that's incurable...

And - exlude - your karma card is about to be punched...
post #42 of 209 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 02:32 PM

Quote:
He has to TRY and bring up other silly shit that doesn't pertain to the subject.
post #43 of 209 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 03:15 PM
not exclude

Quote:
He has to TRY and bring up other silly shit that doesn't pertain to the subject.
Alright M1M, if your point is so concrete and I am incorrect about the prior research to use of adult stem cells then explain this to me:

By what method and research course did we get our understanding of adult stem cell signaling if it were not ES cells? More specifically. how did we discover the ability of cross pluripotency for hSC?

I hope you and Notch aren't playing so stupid as to think he means no cures world wide. That would be pretty damn dumb and of both of you. But I'm sure you're not going that low, that's pretty fucking low. In terms of his disease and many similar, the only posibility of cure we are currently investigating deal with stem cell. Learning some reading comprehension, huh?
post #44 of 209 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Alright M1M, if your point is so concrete and I am incorrect about the prior research to use of adult stem cells then explain this to me:

By what method and research course did we get our understanding of adult stem cell signaling if it were not ES cells? More specifically. how did we discover the ability of cross pluripotency for hSC?
Psssssst............Where did we FIRST get our understanding of High performance tires? Was it Moog, the tropical caveman, when he was fucking with that rubber tree plant?
We've MOVED ON sice then. Haven't we?
FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED!
post #45 of 209 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 03:28 PM
not exclude

Quote:
Psssssst............Where did we FIRST get our understanding of High performance tires? Was it Moog, the tropical caveman, when he was fucking with that rubber tree plant?
We've MOVED ON sice then. Haven't we?
FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED!
Lmfao! This would be a decent argument if we had gotten all we could from ES cells, but, we havn't.
post #46 of 209 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 03:30 PM

exlude
IS THERE embryonic stem cell research GOING ON RIGHT NOW?

DID ANYONE IN THE STATES THIS ADD AIRED(REPUBLICAN) SAY THEY WERE GONNA STOP/OUTLAW embryonic stem cell research?

NO?.............THEN STFU!

FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED!FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED!FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED!
post #47 of 209 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 03:49 PM
not exclude

Quote:
exlude
IS THERE embryonic stem cell research GOING ON RIGHT NOW?

DID ANYONE IN THE STATES THIS ADD AIRED(REPUBLICAN) SAY THEY WERE GONNA STOP/OUTLAW embryonic stem cell research?

NO?.............THEN STFU!

FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED!FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED!FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED! FOX LIED!
Jesus christ, you have turned into a 5 year old.

Yes there is, but without federal funding...check into it. That's a shitload of money not helping the most promising biology we currently are looking into. I havn't heard anyone say they were going to outlaw it, just prevent federal funding...but it's a step in the wrong direction. The most prevalent research is coming from overseas where they have gov. funding.

Fox may have lied, dunno, don't follow him much at all. But if that one statement is what you are claiming a lie, then you're wrong.
post #48 of 209 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 04:58 PM

I'm not wrong dummy.
He lied and the reason I said he lied is friggin true!
PROVE MY STATEMENT WRONG!!!
Go back and look and prove THAT statement WRONG!
STAY ON TOPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
....if YOU can.

Quote:

All I'm saying is that he said that withOUT embryonic stem cell research cures will not be found. They are making far more progress with ADULT stem cell research.
post #49 of 209 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 05:33 PM
gear jammer

Not to interfere with everyone's argument but i had a grandmother with Parkinsons.The meds you have to take suck for that disease.They have to be closely monitored and can turn you into a zombie.Its very possible he was overmedicated.
I actually feel for him.To suffer from it at his age would suck.At least my GM didn't show symptoms until much later.I say more power to him.That, and i've always wanted to plant my steel toe right up Limbaughs fat ass.

Live..ride..dream

1998 Suzuki TL1000
1983 HD FXSB
post #50 of 209 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 05:34 PM
not exclude

Quote:
I'm not wrong dummy.
He lied and the reason I said he lied is friggin true!
PROVE MY STATEMENT WRONG!!!
Go back and look and prove THAT statement WRONG!
STAY ON TOPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
....if YOU can.
How many times do I have to tell you? WE WOULD NOT HAVE THE ADULT STEM CELL MEDICINE TODAY IF WE WERE NOT CURRENTLY WORKING WITH ES CELLS! Get it? It's the foundation, without ES CELLS THERE IS NO CURRENT ADULT STEM CELL MEDICINE.

I'm going to have to give you a god damned biology lesson for you to understand this...

Stem cells are part of the germ line, they create all other cells. When they divide they create a copy of themselves (another stem) and a differentiated cell. These differentiated cells are specialized to do certain function (like, secrete a fluid). The most basic of the stem cells are the totipotent embryonic stem cells. THEY ARE THE ONLY CELLS THAT ARE TOTIPOTENT. Totipotent means that they can become ANY cell in the body. We lose these after we develop. All adult stem cells are pluripotent, meaning they can become a lot of different types of cells. For example, hemopoatetic stem cells can create a lot of different blood cells, mast, helper T, red, etc. But they cannot create neurons. ES cells can create both.

Now, these (both adult and embryonic) stem cells react to certain chemical and/or electrical signals that tell them what to become. We don't understand ALL of these signals, but a fair amount. We have also been able to cause certain pluripotent stem cells to cross their pluripotency border. We have been able to get that stem cell that makes blood cells to produce some tissue cells. But, the way we found this out was by experimenting with embryonic stem cells. It was the only method by which we could test and figure out which signals do what. We can test this signal on the totipotent cell and see what it becomes. We could also test this signal on each and ever type of adult cell, but it would take far more time than feasible because there are so many. Thus, experimentation with ES cells are vital to finding out what causes the pluripotent stem cells to differentiate. Once we figure this out, we can then use the specific adult cell to create what we want. Thus making ES cells the pillar of stem cell research.

Our most functional labs are those that have the help of federal funding. The business side of the lab focuses on using adult stem cells because they either cannot afford to do ES cell work or because they do not wish to risk their last few federally funded strains being infected. So we do whatever we can with the cheaper cells, after learning what we can do with them from ES cell work. Everything that can be done with adult stem cells, can be done with ES cells. Everything that can be done with ES cells cannot be done with all adult stem cells.

Last edited by exlude; 10-27-2006 at 05:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement