More liberal propaganda over the border - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 10:58 PM Thread Starter
Hero in a half shell

More liberal propaganda over the border

So those of us that know about the 700 mile fence going up know that Mexico is upset. In fact, as I was watching the Spanish channel today, I managed to understand the part that said groups in Mexico will start boycotting U.S. goods because of this, I don't know what that'll do to us (probably not much), but anyways, here's the liberal propaganda in this article, I'll point out the most obvious part that stuck out to me...

U.S. border fence plan upsets Mexicans

TIJUANA, Mexico - Mexico lobbied for six years for a comprehensive immigration reform that would allow millions to cross into the United States legally. Instead, they're getting a fence.

Mexicans — from leading politicians to migrants preparing to cross illegally — consider the U.S. plan to fence off much of the border shameful, offensive and ill-conceived.

President Bush on Wednesday signed a bill that would allot $1.2 billion for hundreds of miles of fencing along the U.S.-Mexican border and for more vehicle barriers, lighting and infrared cameras.

But migrants resting at a Tijuana shelter after being deported from the United States said more walls wouldn't deter them. Alfonso Martinez, a 32-year-old from southern Mexico, had been working as a farmhand for six months in Vista, Calif., when he was arrested and deported last week.

"Wall or no wall, I will try at least three times," said Martinez, who said he would try to cross by himself through Tecate, a mountainous town about 35 miles east of Tijuana. "I have three girls that I have to support, and in Mexico there is no work."

Mexican immigrants in the United States and the Mexican government had lobbied lawmakers for more ways to cross the border and work legally.

While Bush had proposed a temporary worker program, it didn't garner enough support in Congress for passage. The idea has been dropped by Washington, at least until after the November congressional elections.

Congress focused on security over immigration, arguing that the porous border could be used by terrorists who want to sneak into the U.S. undetected. There is no evidence that has happened, however.

The Mexican government this week sent a diplomatic note to Washington criticizing the plan for 700 miles of new fencing along the border. Foreign Secretary Luis Ernesto Derbez called it an "offense" and said Wednesday his office was considering taking the issue to the
United Nations.

But Ruben Aguilar, the spokesman for President
Vicente Fox, said Thursday that Mexico had ruled out that possibility. He added he was "confident" the additional fencing would never become a reality because an immigration accord would eventually replace it.

President-elect Felipe Calderon Thursday criticized the U.S. plan, but said the case is a bilateral issue that should not be taken to any international organization.

"I think it is a deplorable decision that has been made by the United States Congress for the construction of this wall, and it does not solve our common problem, which is emigration," Calderon told a news conference in Santiago, Chile.

Guillermo Alonzo, a migration expert at the Tijuana-based Colegio de La Frontera Norte, said fences instead will force migrants to look for new ways to sneak into the United States and find new routes through deadlier terrain.

"When migrants are determined to cross, they find a way to jump the fences," Alonzo said. "Walls don't stop anything."

Alonzo cited the construction of a fence between Tijuana and San Diego, known in Mexico as "the tortilla wall." It was completed in the 1990s and forced migrants into the sparsely populated and dangerous Arizona desert.

While there are walls at various points along the border, the one in Tijuana is the longest stretch, running 14 miles west from the Otay border crossing and plunging into the Pacific Ocean.

It has become a symbol of the divisive immigration issue, a blank slate for graffiti, crosses, photos and other remembrances of those who have lost their lives trying to sneak into the United States. Some families, divided by the border, even meet at the fence, talking through the metal wires.

While the wall downgraded Tijuana from the illegal migration mecca it was in the 1990s, hundreds of migrants still come here, Alonzo said.

"Now smugglers hide migrants in trunks of cars or get false documents," he said.

Luis Kendzierski, a priest who directs a Tijuana migrant shelter, said building a wall is an unfriendly gesture that will lead to a hike in smugglers' fees and more migrant deaths.

Between 2001 and 2006, almost 2,000 migrants died while trying to sneak into the United States, according to El Colegio de la Frontera Norte.

"We are supposed to be neighbors and friends, and instead of building bridges and doors, we're building obstacles," Kendzierski said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061005/...o_border_fence

Maybe the author "accidentally" missed the news that's been out about Iranian and other Al Queda peeps trying to blend in with Mexican society and to cross the border. Our agents know this by the accents these individuals carry plus some of their paraphernalia that's been confiscated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 11:05 PM
not exclude

Even if their was not a single terrorist in the world, I would be all for this defenceive measure. If they could control things on their side there would be no reason to be embarassed.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 04:56 AM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Of course that was a blantant lie. Mexico itself caught an terrorist that was trying to cross.

I'm all for a comprehensive immigration bill. But only if it has nothing to do with amnesty.

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 08:07 AM
Worship me

Wow, that whole piece is full of one bullshit point after another. It's funny that they have to dig so deep to come up with a reason to be against it.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 09:17 AM
Out

Quote:
Luis Kendzierski, a priest who directs a Tijuana migrant shelter, said building a wall is an unfriendly gesture that will lead to a hike in smugglers' fees and more migrant deaths.
Just a plus...
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-07-2006, 02:59 AM
Thread Kill

The fence was put up because WE want it and congress knows if WE didn't get it their asses would be grass in the upcoming elections.
Where the fuck does Mexico get off thinking what they want is more important than what Americans want IN America? (no wonder their country is a pile of crap)

The fence is being put into place to make it more difficult to enter i.e. having to travel more remote, dangerous regions. So I'm suppose to care that some illegal farmhand is willing to put his life in more danger to break our law?

How in the hell is this a common problem between Mexico and the U.S.?

instead of fencing between Laredo and Nuevo Laredo we should just go ahead and drop about 10 moabs on Nuevo Laredo and get rid of the drug smuggling problem there all together.

So far the only thing I've heard that I found a problem with involving the fence is it cutting our wildlife off from getting to the river for water, and that is nothing but an engineering problem for someone to figure out, not an issue to keep the fence from being built.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-07-2006, 09:11 AM
KJ94GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99SVTour
The fence was put up because WE want it and congress knows if WE didn't get it their asses would be grass in the upcoming elections.
Where the fuck does Mexico get off thinking what they want is more important than what Americans want IN America? (no wonder their country is a pile of crap)

The fence is being put into place to make it more difficult to enter i.e. having to travel more remote, dangerous regions. So I'm suppose to care that some illegal farmhand is willing to put his life in more danger to break our law?

How in the hell is this a common problem between Mexico and the U.S.?

instead of fencing between Laredo and Nuevo Laredo we should just go ahead and drop about 10 moabs on Nuevo Laredo and get rid of the drug smuggling problem there all together.

So far the only thing I've heard that I found a problem with involving the fence is it cutting our wildlife off from getting to the river for water, and that is nothing but an engineering problem for someone to figure out, not an issue to keep the fence from being built.
I agree completely with everything you said, Mister.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-07-2006, 09:25 AM
IA2

If you notice the approval of the fence and the actual funding of the fence are two different things. There is some speculation that the approval of the fence was a political move and that the actual funding/construction of the fence may only happen in small segments to "show" the US people that the government is "doing something" about illegal immigration.

What I get from all of the protesting is that the wall will do exactly what we think it will and the illegals/mexico know it. They absolutely don't want it. That validates it's worth to me.

I hope they take it to the UN. That would be funny as hell.

What the libs don't understand is that the illegals are coming here for the wrong reason. They are not coming to integrate into america, to become americans, and to pursue the american dream. Instead, they are bringing their country here, to live as they did in their country, to stick together instead of assimilating, and to demand rights to live as they did before instead of changing to live as americans. One only has to remember the recent marches with the foreign flags waving to understand this concept. Allowing this unfettered immigration without assimilation will polarize and eventually destroy the country. One can look at france and their current issues with muslims to understand this.

Taken and modified from Regan: "Build that wall, Mr. Bush!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement