BOOM! Foley case blows up in ABC's face - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

BOOM! Foley case blows up in ABC's face

Looks like those instant messages that ABC released were not sent to a minor but an 18 year old.

Doesn't make Foley any more innocent IMO, but ABC was piling on and got caught lying.

From Drudge:
Quote:

ABC ONLINE GLITCH LEADS TO IDENTITY OF FOLEY ACCUSER

FEATURED IM EXCHANGE WAS WITH 18 YEAR OLD

Wed Oct 04 2006 2006 ET

A posting on ABCNEWS.COM of an unredacted instant message sessions between Rep. Mark Foley and a former congressional page has exposed the identity of the now 21 year-old accuser.

The website PASSIONATE AMERICA detailed the startling exposure late Wednesday.

ABCNEWS said in a statement: "We go to great lengths to prevent the names of alleged sex crime victims from being revealed. On Friday there was a very brief technical glitch on our site which was overridden immediately. It is possible that during that very brief interval a screen name could have been captured. Reviews of the site since then show no unredacted screen names."

SEX CHAT WAS WITH 18 YEAR OLD

On Tuesday ABC news released a high-impact instant message exchange between Foley and, as ABC explained, a young man "under the age of 18."

ABC headlined the story: "New Foley Instant Messages; Had Internet Sex While Awaiting House Vote"

But upon reviewing the records, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned, the young man was in fact over the age of 18 at the time of the exchange.

A network source explains, messages with the young man and disgraced former Congressman Foley took place before and after the 18th birthday.

Developing...

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 08:14 PM
not exclude

Well there ya have it, he's out of legal trouble atleast. Amazing that it was turned like this not just because they were misinformed, but because of an internet glitch, lol. Never ceases to amaze me...
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 08:22 PM Thread Starter
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

No, he's not out of legal trouble. First we don't have verification on this one and second, there are other incidents with someone confirmed to be 16 at the time. There was more than one page involved in this whole thing.

My point is, if it turns out to be true, is that ABC decided to add to this steamy pile. If they did so while knowing that this page in the chat logs was an adult, then they're screwed.

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 08:31 PM
not exclude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis
No, he's not out of legal trouble. First we don't have verification on this one and second, there are other incidents with someone confirmed to be 16 at the time. There was more than one page involved in this whole thing.

My point is, if it turns out to be true, is that ABC decided to add to this steamy pile. If they did so while knowing that this page in the chat logs was an adult, then they're screwed.
Maybe I missed something, because I thought they only had the IM convos from this one guy (the 18 y/o) but it was assumed that their were others. Or something like that.

I wish it would mean that they are screwed, but if history says anything...they will get away with it
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 09:56 AM
Lifer

ABC aired something that wasn't accurate? Man, I thought only CBS would do something like that!

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 07:31 PM Thread Starter
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Now it gets even MORE interesting...

The web chat logs were part of a prank. ABC is pulling articles from its website. Not only was the guy not a minor, but ABC never got his permission to post those comments. ABC had been reporting that they did get permission.

Again, this doesn't really make Foley look any better. He's still a scum bag IMO. However now we see how ABC news does its work. The same shoddy work that CBS does. They are so mezmorized by the chance to nail the Republicans that they've decided that their ethics (if they have any) are negotiable.

Quote:
XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX THU OCT 5 2006 2:53:48 ET XXXXX

CLAIM: FILTHY FOLEY ONLINE CHATS WERE PAGE 'PRANK GONE AWRY'
**World Exclusive**
**Must Credit the DRUDGE REPORT**

According to two people close to former congressional page Jordan Edmund, the now famous lurid AOL Instant Message exchanges that led to the resignation of Mark Foley were part of an online prank that by mistake got into the hands of enemy political operatives, the DRUDGE REPORT can reveal.

According to one Oklahoma source who knows the former page very well, Edmund, a conservative Republican, goaded an unwitting Foley to type embarrassing comments that were then shared with a small group of young Hill politicos. The prank went awry when the saved IM sessions got into the hands of political operatives favorable to Democrats.

The primary source, an ally of Edmund, adamantly proclaims that the former page is not a homosexual. The prank scenario was confirmed by a second associate of Edmund. Both are fearful that their political careers will be affected if they are publicly brought into the investigation.

The prank scenario only applies to the Edmund IM sessions and does not necessarily apply to any other exchanges between the former congressman and others.

The news come on the heels that Edmund has hired former Timothy McVeigh attorney, Stephen Jones.

Developing...

post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 07:36 PM
not exclude

LMFAO, holy crap!

Did the former page pose as an underage kid? That still isn't clear. You see those news specials all the time where those guys get arrested on busts where adults pose at kids. But maybe they just get arrested for showing up. Still dunno how that works.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 07:38 PM Thread Starter
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

There is alot yet to be sorted out on this. Now ABC claims that there are 3 more pages and one of those pages says the chat logs aren't part of a prank. We'll have to see what happens there. ABC could be digging a deeper hole for Foley, or themselves.

post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 07:52 PM
Lifer

I haven't had a chance to research it, but Newt Gingrich claims there was a Democratic Senator Stutz/Stutts/or something like that, who had sex with a 16 year old male page who he had gotten drunk. The page claimed rape and they were able to get him to drop charges. The Senator was going to get a minor reprimand until Gingrich asked for him to be expelled. Nancy Pelosi was apparently one of the leading Dems who asked for a minor censure and then voted to keep him as the Chair of his committe 4 more times after he was found guilty by the Senate investigation and given the lesser censure.

This sure didn't get much play on CBS, ABC, or NBC at the time according to Gingrich. The Senators name is pronounced like I spelled it but I was listening om AM radio and I couldn't quite make it out for sure.

Disclaimer: I heard this while driving and I have paraphrased the conversation I heard, it is not meant to be 100% factual, but I will try and find the actual story. Newt said it was easily found by googling it.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 07:54 PM
not exclude

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90 Notch
I haven't had a chance to research it, but Newt Gingrich claims there was a Democratic Senator Stutz/Stutts/or something like that, who had sex with a 16 year old male page who he had gotten drunk. The page claimed rape and they were able to get him to drop charges. The Senator was going to get a minor reprimand until Gingrich asked for him to be expelled. Nancy Pelosi was apparently one of the leading Dems who asked for a minor censure and then voted to keep him as the Chair of his committe 4 more times after he was found guilty by the Senate investigation and given the lesser censure.

This sure didn't get much play on CBS, ABC, or NBC at the time according to Gingrich. The Senators name is pronounced like I spelled it but I was listening om AM radio and I couldn't quite make it out for sure.

Disclaimer: I heard this while driving and I have paraphrased the conversation I heard, it is not meant to be 100% factual, but I will try and find the actual story. Newt said it was easily found by googling it.
Pretty damn disgusting. Is this guy still a senator?
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 07:57 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlude
Pretty damn disgusting. Is this guy still a senator?
Apparently he was after the allegation made it out in public and he got votes from some Dems who now lead the party and are screaming quite loudly about Foley.

Hell, I figured you would have already googled it and corrected any of my errors. My guess is he is now gone or Newt would have mentioned it.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 08:20 PM
not exclude

Quote:
Apparently he was after the allegation made it out in public and he got votes from some Dems who now lead the party and are screaming quite loudly about Foley.

Hell, I figured you would have already googled it and corrected any of my errors. My guess is he is now gone or Newt would have mentioned it.
I will look it up soon for sure. Gotta finish a few pages of a paper on Genome Sequencing Errors first my toolbar is cluttered just enough to keep DFWstangs up here.
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 08:36 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I will look it up soon for sure. Gotta finish a few pages of a paper on Genome Sequencing Errors first my toolbar is cluttered just enough to keep DFWstangs up here.
Gerry Studds is his name. He was the first representative to go public about his homosexuality. This happened of course after his censure about having sex with a 16 year old male page he got drunk came out.

I saw several stories from some unverified sites that I didn't want to post and get flamed on because they were right-wing or less than credible. I am sure someone can find the story from an offical news site.

Newt said the page was drunk and claimed rape, but the story I saw was that the allegation came out when the page was 26, 10 years after the incident. That may explain the lack of criminal prosecution, since the statute of limitations had probably expired. There must be some proof since the censure was done after a hearing and Newt called for his expulsion.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 10:50 PM
not exclude

Quote:
Gerry Studds is his name. He was the first representative to go public about his homosexuality. This happened of course after his censure about having sex with a 16 year old male page he got drunk came out.

I saw several stories from some unverified sites that I didn't want to post and get flamed on because they were right-wing or less than credible. I am sure someone can find the story from an offical news site.

Newt said the page was drunk and claimed rape, but the story I saw was that the allegation came out when the page was 26, 10 years after the incident. That may explain the lack of criminal prosecution, since the statute of limitations had probably expired. There must be some proof since the censure was done after a hearing and Newt called for his expulsion.
That may actually make it worse if Studds was with an underage kid, drinking, and throw the sexual whatever in there and you got bad things no matter how you wanna look at it.
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 06:40 AM
BP
Keep your unicorns

ABC news this morning reported they have received 37 different tips about Mark Foley doing this with other pages. They have an anonymous tip line set up, not like the US Senates where law enforcement is given your identity.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 08:07 AM
Lifer

Quote:
That may actually make it worse if Studds was with an underage kid, drinking, and throw the sexual whatever in there and you got bad things no matter how you wanna look at it.
I think the thing that makes me the most angry is the partisan picking and choosing of how you respond the way the dems do.

Clinton has sex with a subordinate, lies about it and they defend him.

When Studds has sex with a 16 or 17 year old page/subordinate and gets him drunk to do it, they defend him.

When Foley sends a former page some sexually explicit emails they call for his resignation.

I see the hypocrisy, I wonder why you Bush hating, Clinton loving, ACLU loving, Moveon.org types can't figure it out?

IMO, the correct stance, which is the one I take, is that all 3 should have been removed from office. Funny, but only the Republican in the above examples resigned, and he is so far the only one who has not been proven to have committed a crime.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 09:21 AM
not exclude

Quote:
I think the thing that makes me the most angry is the partisan picking and choosing of how you respond the way the dems do.

Clinton has sex with a subordinate, lies about it and they defend him.

When Studds has sex with a 16 or 17 year old page/subordinate and gets him drunk to do it, they defend him.

When Foley sends a former page some sexually explicit emails they call for his resignation.

I see the hypocrisy, I wonder why you Bush hating, Clinton loving, ACLU loving, Moveon.org types can't figure it out?

IMO, the correct stance, which is the one I take, is that all 3 should have been removed from office. Funny, but only the Republican in the above examples resigned, and he is so far the only one who has not been proven to have committed a crime.
Holy crap, did you even read what I posted?
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 09:35 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Holy crap, did you even read what I posted?
Yep, and I posted my response as I saw fit. Sorry it doesn't meet your needs, but I don't dictate my reponses to fit your desires.

I thought you had figured that out already.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 09:37 AM
not exclude

Quote:
Yep, and I posted my response as I saw fit. Sorry it doesn't meet your needs, but I don't dictate my reponses to fit your desires.

I thought you had figured that out already.
I just thought that you calling me a bunch of shit would atleast fit with what you quoted. *shrug* Thanks for singlehandedly proving your own post wrong.

Last edited by exlude; 10-06-2006 at 09:44 AM.
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 11:16 AM
Lifer

Quote:
I just thought that you calling me a bunch of shit would atleast fit with what you quoted. *shrug* Thanks for singlehandedly proving your own post wrong.
I didn't call YOU anything, unless you believe that Foley should be held accountable and not Clinton or Studds.

Man, trust me on this, my posts are not all about you. You really need to get a life outside of the internet.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 11:53 AM
not exclude

Quote:
I didn't call YOU anything, unless you believe that Foley should be held accountable and not Clinton or Studds.

Man, trust me on this, my posts are not all about you. You really need to get a life outside of the internet.
Uh, so when you quoted me and followed it with:
Quote:
...to preface your little spout. Who exactly were you talking to?
post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 12:08 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Uh, so when you quoted me and followed it with:

...to preface your little spout. Who exactly were you talking to?
I guess I should have been more careful. It appears some people are wearing their feelings on their sleeves.

You are a touchy little fella aren't ya'?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 12:10 PM
not exclude

Quote:
I guess I should have been more careful. It appears some people are wearing their feelings on their sleeves.

You are a touchy little fella aren't ya'?
Lmfao @ the backtracking, pretty lame.
post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 12:13 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Lmfao @ the backtracking, pretty lame.
Not backtracking at all, just accounting for you being a pussy. The line was pretty clear, you are the only one who got their panties in a wad.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 12:20 PM
not exclude

Quote:
Not backtracking at all, just accounting for you being a pussy. The line was pretty clear, you are the only one who got their panties in a wad.
You might be right if we weren't speaking English.
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 01:00 PM
Lifer

Quote:
You might be right if we weren't speaking English.
I was TYPING english, but we're not getting picky are we? LOL

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

Sponsored Links
Advertisement