No True Glory: The Battle for Fallujah - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006, 11:07 AM Thread Starter
D
Sofa Kingdom

No True Glory: The Battle for Fallujah

"Harrison Ford toplines the Iraq War film No True Glory: The Battle for Fallujah. U.S. forces entered the rebel held city of Fallujah only to be ordered back when they were about to take control. The White House subsequently sent the Marines back to finish the job six months later. Ford will play the General who lead the assault. The Universal film is based on a book written by Bing West, an ex-marine and former assistant secretary of defense for international security affairs."

Now THIS movie should be good.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006, 11:08 AM
Racist....that means you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90StangLX5.0
"Harrison Ford toplines the Iraq War film No True Glory: The Battle for Fallujah. U.S. forces entered the rebel held city of Fallujah only to be ordered back when they were about to take control. The White House subsequently sent the Marines back to finish the job six months later. Ford will play the General who lead the assault. The Universal film is based on a book written by Bing West, an ex-marine and former assistant secretary of defense for international security affairs."

Now THIS movie should be good.
former Marine
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006, 11:10 AM Thread Starter
D
Sofa Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
former Marine
I'm pretty geeked about this movie. It's still in development and has no official release date yet, but it should be pretty damn good when/if it gets released.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006, 11:14 AM
Out

They were entering the city from all sides, (about 1/4 mile into it from all around), and were called to pull back. Talk about a morale-breaker. The next 6 months was hell from Fallujah, to Ramadi, to TQ, until it was green lighted again.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006, 11:16 AM Thread Starter
D
Sofa Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
They were entering the city from all sides, (about 1/4 mile into it from all around), and were called to pull back. Talk about a morale-breaker. The next 6 months was hell from Fallujah, to Ramadi, to TQ, until it was green lighted again.
I couldn't image that. I've been to a few places in Iraq, only for a few days at a time, but that was enough of the mortars and rockets for me. Mosul, Al Asad, and Al Sahra were by far the worst of any place I've been.

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006, 11:20 AM
Out

Quote:
I couldn't image that. I've been to a few places in Iraq, only for a few days at a time, but that was enough of the mortars and rockets for me. Mosul, Al Asad, and Al Sahra were by far the worst of any place I've been.
Al Asad was the best of the places I've been. I was in Baghdad (Victory), Balad, Al Asad, Ramadi, Fallujah, TQ, and a couple others. My first six months or so, I was travelling a lot. The last 8 were solidly at Al Asad.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006, 11:22 AM Thread Starter
D
Sofa Kingdom

Quote:
Al Asad was the best of the places I've been. I was in Baghdad (Victory), Balad, Al Asad, Ramadi, Fallujah, TQ, and a couple others. My first six months or so, I was travelling a lot. The last 8 were solidly at Al Asad.
We had a Pope plane catch on fire at Al Asad about two months ago (I have tons of pictures). I guess since the plane has been sitting on the taxiway the past couple of months, it has been pretty active there. It seems like everywhere I go with the exception of Al Taqaddum and Balad, I get mortars and/or rockets. Balad was great. The food there was awesome.

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006, 11:26 AM
Out

Quote:
We had a Pope plane catch on fire at Al Asad about two months ago (I have tons of pictures). I guess since the plane has been sitting on the taxiway the past couple of months, it has been pretty active there. It seems like everywhere I go with the exception of Al Taqaddum and Balad, I get mortars and/or rockets. Balad was great. The food there was awesome.
Victory (Baghdad) has the best DFAC in country, TQ had the worst. Balad was ehhh... Camp Wolverine (when it was in Kuwait) had some good food as well. It really just depended on whether KBR or hadjis ran it.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006, 11:40 AM
Top Gun Actor

I love the smell of terrorists in the morning

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetrable as the night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.” — Sun Tzu
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006, 12:02 PM Thread Starter
D
Sofa Kingdom

Quote:
Victory (Baghdad) has the best DFAC in country, TQ had the worst. Balad was ehhh... Camp Wolverine (when it was in Kuwait) had some good food as well. It really just depended on whether KBR or hadjis ran it.
The LSA here has some damn good food. It's all KBR. Camp Arifjhan has good food too from what I hear. Balad was great though, and I went there from Al Udeid in Qatar...the food there is even good for being contracted (not KBR). The food here fucking sucks. I find myself making sandwiches or eating cereal just about ever day. The only good food here is the Mexican, the Spaghetti, and grilled cheese...it's pretty hard to fuck up grilled cheese. I've lost about 20 pounds since I've been here and I think it's just from not eating regularly.

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 07:34 AM
Token Troll

Dang...gotta wait until 2008.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0443439/

Gaw...I hate when politicians try to be generals.

'05 Redfire Mustang

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 04:56 AM

[QUOTE=Denny] TQ had the worst.

And they still do i never eat at that place i hate it...and Al Asad is by far the safest base i have been on it so huge and hardly ever gets hit...shit were im at now a rockect landed less than 250m from my room a few days ago that will make you jump out of bed quick and check your underware LOL
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 05:21 AM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wright_94z28
And they still do i never eat at that place i hate it...and Al Asad is by far the safest base i have been on it so huge and hardly ever gets hit...shit were im at now a rockect landed less than 250m from my room a few days ago that will make you jump out of bed quick and check your underware LOL
I was about 200 yards from one that hit a 50K gallon fuel bladder. Then my second day in country, there was one that dropped around 100 yards or less from me. It knocked me off my feet and took the wind out of me... both of those incidents, I just threw those boxers away.

Those were probably the worst two close calls that I can think of. Not bad for 14 months. We had a shit load of incoming, but just two real close calls for me.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 07:38 AM
Lifer

Considering they are releasing it in 2008, most likely right before the election, I doubt it will be flattering to the troops. I suspect it will point out every failure that happened and not mention one positive thing.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT Dan
Considering they are releasing it in 2008, most likely right before the election, I doubt it will be flattering to the troops. I suspect it will point out every failure that happened and not mention one positive thing.
Oh yeah it will make us all out to be the bad guys over here and how none of the LN want us here...which is bull crap if you have been out in the towns most of the local populace wants us here to help...but you do always have thoughs certain areas that dont...so thats the ones the movie will most likely exploit...and thats sad for all the CF's that have served here
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 07:52 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wright_94z28
Oh yeah it will make us all out to be the bad guys over here and how none of the LN want us here...which is bull crap if you have been out in the towns most of the local populace wants us here to help...but you do always have thoughs certain areas that dont...so thats the ones the movie will most likely exploit...and thats sad for all the CF's that have served here
and thats the stuff that really pisses me off...

thanks for what you are doing... I'm sure its a real pain in the ass but in the long run, the world will be a better place for the sacrifice you guys are making.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement