He acts suprised.... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-22-2006, 06:37 AM Thread Starter
Worship me

He acts suprised....

We should do this again....

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/09/....ap/index.html

WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Pervez Musharraf of Pakistan says the United States threatened to bomb his country back to the Stone Age after the 9/11 attacks if he did not help America's war on terror.

Musharraf says the threat was delivered by Richard Armitage, then the deputy secretary of state, to Musharraf's intelligence director, the Pakistani leader told CBS-TV's "60 Minutes."

"The intelligence director told me that (Armitage) said, 'Be prepared to be bombed. Be prepared to go back to the Stone Age,' " Musharraf said in the interview to be shown Sunday on the CBS television network. (Watch how Armitage shook up the Pakistan intelligence chief -- 1:35)

It was insulting, Musharraf said. "I think it was a very rude remark," he told reporter Steve Kroft.

But, Musharraf said he reacted responsibly. "One has to think and take actions in the interests of the nation and that is what I did," he said.

The White House and State Department declined to comment on the conversation.

Armitage told CNN on Thursday that he never threatened to bomb Pakistan, wouldn't say such a thing and didn't have the authority to do it. Armitage said he did have a tough message for Pakistan, saying the Muslim nation was either "with us or against us," according to CNN. Armitage said he didn't know how his message was recounted so differently to Musharraf.

In a speech in January 2002, four months after the attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, Musharraf gave a speech in which he clearly came down on the side of reform at home and opposition to Islamic fundamentalism.

Pakistan to this day is considered an ally of the United States in the struggle with militant groups. Sometimes, however, Pakistan appears reluctant to go after the Taliban, which controlled neighboring Afghanistan until 2001 and has intensified its insurgency in the southern part of the country in recent months.

Musharraf is scheduled to meet on Friday at the White House with President Bush and then see Bush again next week in a three-way meeting with President Hamid Karzai of Afghanistan.

Musharraf told "60 Minutes" that Armitage's message was delivered with demands that he turn over Pakistan's border posts and bases for the U.S. military to use in the war against the Taliban in Afghanistan. Some demands were "ludicrous," such as a demand he suppress domestic expression of support for terrorism against the United States.

"If somebody is expressing views, we cannot curb the expression of views," Musharraf said.

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order." - Ed Howdershelt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-22-2006, 06:59 AM
Out

Ummm... ya. That's the idea. With us or against us.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-22-2006, 07:06 AM
Lifer

that's funny... someone needs to go whisper that in Ahmadinejad's ear...

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-22-2006, 07:17 AM
Lifer

Maybe something got lost in the "translation". Kind of like the "telephone game" when we were kids.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-22-2006, 08:46 AM Thread Starter
Worship me

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P
We should do this again....
It was insulting, Musharraf said. "I think it was a very rude remark," he told reporter Steve Kroft.
Hell I'm a little bit insulted that Bin Laden is hiding in Pakistan and this clown won't do a damn thing about it. Let the god damned bombing begin!!!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-23-2006, 08:26 AM
ebay pimp

The funny thing is this was released while Mushariff was visiting Bush in the whitehouse, when questioned about it, Mushariff said he couldn't say anything because of a pending book deal with Simon & Schuster!! A world leader gagged by a publisher??

Even Bush joked, if you want Mushariff's answer, buy the book!!

Anyway, Richard Armitage has completely denied saying anything of this nature to the Pakistan govt.

Something doesn't pass the smell test here...........

Scott
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-24-2006, 12:13 AM
#4 Best QB Ever

LOLz at "bombing them back to the Stone Age." What is that, seven years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-24-2006, 11:35 AM
UNFUCKWITHABLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by White trash wagon
Mushariff said he couldn't say anything because of a pending book deal with Simon & Schuster!! A world leader gagged by a publisher??

Not totally relevant, but that reminded me of this quote:
Quote:
"I'm not seeing that many radical positions taken by writers or poets or artists, you know? It's all the seduction of the market that has shut them up like a good medieval beheading never could."

- Arundhati Roy
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 04:03 PM
Musician for the deaf

Man, what is up with armitage the pussy? Here I am ready to hail his glory and then he denies delivering a great line that would go down in the books?

I woulda said "Fauck yeah I said that, then I slapped the rag off his head and told him his mother smelled like a BLT!"
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 06:29 PM
ebay pimp

Mushariff's book came out today. He said he was threathed by Colin Powell, then the following day, he got the direct threat from Richard Armitage. He said he considered going against the US, but realized that the US would likely team up with India(which would be happy to see Pakistan go down), and Pakistan would never have a chance.

Mushariff also says the whole Islamist terrorsist movement began during the Soviet Union's attempt at taking Afghanistan (1979-89), when the USA and Saudi Arabia funded, trained and supplied early Taliban fighters who opposed the USSR. Then we totally abandoned the Taliban support after the Soviet Union pulled out (and then evaporated). Mushariff also states that our attack & occupation of Iraq made the whole world a more dangerous place, as this really stoked the fires of Al Qeida and the Taliban.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15003128/

Scott

Last edited by White trash wagon; 09-25-2006 at 06:39 PM.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 05:39 AM
Out

Afghan is just as bad...

I don't know how many of you actually saw his interview on TV, but you can tell that Hamid Karzai (Afghanistan President) backs Osama, Al Queda, the Taliban, etc. just from the way he answered questions like, "Where is Osama?" and "Why haven't the Taliban been opposed before our intervention?" Reading the transcripts alone wouldn't be good enough to fully understand his viewpoints. He lies like a 5 year old with crumbs around his mouth and hands, standing next to an empty cookie jar. Please keep in mind that this guy was actually a Taliban supporter who allegedly broke ties whenever he found signs of Pakastani/Taliban ties. Not because the Taliban were ruthless killers, aimed at the destruction of anyone who doesn't believe the way they do, but because they were receiving support from a rival nation as well.

I almost fell out of my chair laughing when he was asked about his counrty's poppy crop. "Why is it still as bountiful as it is?", etc. He said he ASKED the people to stop growing them and to grow other crop, but the poverty level is so high and the poppy crop turns such a good profit, people really can't. He said he was ashamed of the fact, but understands his people.

He did offer a solution, though. He said if the US sank as much money into Afghanistan as they did Iraq, they'd be better off.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/...in514931.shtml

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl...ws/karzai.html

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,157301,00.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamid_Karzai
Sponsored Links
Advertisement