post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 12:11 PM
Lifer

a lot of expletives come to mind.

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 12:17 PM
Wolverines!!!

eh
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 03:16 PM
Saint's heart sinner skin

15/19 is a very telling statistic (that would be how many of the 9/11 perpetrators were Saudis). It's a good thing we're such good friends with them since there will be 15,000 more coming over.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 03:37 PM
Musician for the deaf

Do you really think the best and brightest are hell bent on martyrdom?

That's what Iraq is for
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 05:55 AM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Do you really think the best and brightest are hell bent on martyrdom?

That's what Iraq is for
Yes they are...

This is a bad idea on so many levels.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 07:56 AM
Never settle always excel

I don't know we all bitch about the education the Saudi's recieve, maybe, I say maybe, living here and learning about us will have some affecton them. You can't set there and curse Bush for not working with Saudi Arabia then curse him when he does. I know we aren't moving to educate the young there right now you know the most needed to fight terrorism upbringings in Saudi but it is a start.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 09:28 AM
Hero in a half shell

I'm kinda on the fence on this one. On one hand, I'm not too big on allowing so many people coming from nations that have some questionable ties with us since you don't know if those people will use what they have learned against us. On the other, their exposure to American culture will probably change in a more positive light (hopefully). I sit next to a guy from Pakistan in my Environmental Science class and he was in Britain before studying but said he didn't like it due to all the racism. So that's why he moved here on a student visa and said he likes it here because he feels more comfortable in our culture and that he doesn't have to put up with the degree of racism like in Britain.

post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 11:17 PM
Saint's heart sinner skin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fobra
he moved here on a student visa and said he likes it here because he feels more comfortable in our culture and that he doesn't have to put up with the degree of racism like in Britain.
Interesting. I do think more of them need to be educated, but the problem is that the ones who are still young enough to have the anti-US brainwashing dissolved, would have to have their parents come with them. Once the brainwash is complete, you don't turn back. Look at all the 13 year-old kids that throw rocks at tanks and carry automatic weapons. They NEVER change, and they'll stand up to a tank with only a rock . We're screwed either way, IMHO.
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 12:09 AM
not exclude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
I don't know we all bitch about the education the Saudi's recieve, maybe, I say maybe, living here and learning about us will have some affecton them. You can't set there and curse Bush for not working with Saudi Arabia then curse him when he does. I know we aren't moving to educate the young there right now you know the most needed to fight terrorism upbringings in Saudi but it is a start.
Weren't several of the 9/11 participants schooled within US borders? I don't think it will be hard for an affluent terrorist organization to push one of theirs up on this list.
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 04:19 AM
Worship me

I love how every school can't wait to get them because of the cash. Fucking clowns. This is out-fucking-rageous.
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 04:42 AM
Lifer

This just means that it will be harder for american students to get into these schools, now that thousands of saudi students will take their place.

Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLilPony
If you call me, I'll have phone sex with you.
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 09:05 AM
Hero in a half shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod66stang
Interesting. I do think more of them need to be educated, but the problem is that the ones who are still young enough to have the anti-US brainwashing dissolved, would have to have their parents come with them. Once the brainwash is complete, you don't turn back. Look at all the 13 year-old kids that throw rocks at tanks and carry automatic weapons. They NEVER change, and they'll stand up to a tank with only a rock . We're screwed either way, IMHO.
They know that tank won't fire on them, the media would assasinate the individuals of the tank if they did.

post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 10:10 AM
Musician for the deaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue302stang
This just means that it will be harder for american students to get into these schools, now that thousands of saudi students will take their place.
That isn't true.

Many departments beg for students, because they can't get enough. When that happens, classes are cancelled, and American students truly lose out.

I know some Saudis, I would be far happier having them live and work and go to school here than my jackass cornfed white hoity toidy neighbors who bitch about me having dirt in my front yard. Your milage may vary.
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 10:14 AM
not exclude

Quote:
That isn't true.

Many departments beg for students, because they can't get enough. When that happens, classes are cancelled, and American students truly lose out.

I know some Saudis, I would be far happier having them live and work and go to school here than my jackass cornfed white hoity toidy neighbors who bitch about me having dirt in my front yard. Your milage may vary.
Generally, the classes that can't make aren't very important classes. I doubt many Saudis are coming here to take the History of Baseball or some shit like that, they will be packing into our Engineering and Mathematics classes which, in my experience, have plenty of students.
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 10:19 AM
Musician for the deaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlude
Generally, the classes that can't make aren't very important classes. I doubt many Saudis are coming here to take the History of Baseball or some shit like that, they will be packing into our Engineering and Mathematics classes which, in my experience, have plenty of students.
I missed out on plenty of classes that were requirements just because they had to drop them for a semester. That includes Math, English, Chemistry, Meteorology and Geology. The worst hit are usually those classes ain the evenings that WORKING AMERICANS need because they don't have someone paying their way.
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 11:11 AM
insert something aqui

so the goverment is kicking out the illegals (the ones who come here to work better themselves)but is inviting fucking terrorists wow what a bunch of shit

1991 lx 5.0

lil ol 302

Back In The Jackstand Racing Crew!
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 11:43 AM
DFWS

Quote:
those classes ain the evenings that WORKING AMERICANS need because they don't have someone paying their way.
no free rides for the americans..

Keepin' The Old School Alive
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 12:45 PM
not exclude

Quote:
I missed out on plenty of classes that were requirements just because they had to drop them for a semester. That includes Math, English, Chemistry, Meteorology and Geology. The worst hit are usually those classes ain the evenings that WORKING AMERICANS need because they don't have someone paying their way.
Yep, and these incomming student age people from S. Arabia will be shooting for the same hours as the other students from the US. I wouldn't expect a huge influx of students to flow into the working-class class hours.
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 01:25 PM
Musician for the deaf

They will if they fill the normal classes.

There are also regular hour classes that get alternated every other semester. This is especially true in grad school. More students is more business for the schools.

Why is everyone so afraid of Saudis? I don't hear any upraor over Russian students. Anyone ever have a brush with the Russian Mafia?
post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 01:59 PM
not exclude

Russians are too poor to hurt us now :P I think it now boils down to cultural fears. I would have to piss off the Russian Mafia for them to come after me. Certain fundamentalist or the like would kill me for just being.
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 06:33 PM
Lifer

I just wonder if anyone in here that is upset at this idea is also someone who thinks Bush should cooperate more with the UN?

Probably also the same people who think Bush is solely resonsible for islamic hatred of the US and that he hasn't done enough to improve our image in the middle east.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-14-2006, 06:11 AM
PAN

Corporate greed and political correctness will be the downfall of this country. What's so deplorable about this is that the announcements are made that it is being done, yet nothing is done to stop it. If even a third of these students cling to what has been drilled into their heads all day every day of their lives, we are in a much worse situation than before.

What happened to by the people, for the people? Is it too late to turn it around? More importantly, do we have the backbone left to do so?

Sadly, I don't think we do.
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-14-2006, 08:05 AM
I drive a fookin Honda

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod66stang
15/19 is a very telling statistic (that would be how many of the 9/11 perpetrators were Saudis). It's a good thing we're such good friends with them since there will be 15,000 more coming over.
I wouldn't read too much into it. There are plenty of terrorists that want to kill us from other countries. You don't have to look to far as there are plenty of domestic terrorists within our own borders. Bin Laden more than likely chose mostly Saudi's to create a strain between America and Saudi Arabia.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement