Former soldiers begin anti-Bush demonstration in Washington - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006, 10:06 PM Thread Starter
Never settle always excel

Former soldiers begin anti-Bush demonstration in Washington

"WASHINGTON (AFP) - Former soldiers and parents of Americans fighting in Iraq opened anti-war, anti-Bush "Camp Democracy" in the heart of Washington, a demonstration planned to last several weeks. "

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060905...s_060905190625
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006, 11:06 PM
NOT the Oldest Fart HERE

after the circus parade Kerry did in congress during viet nam

excuse me if I express skepticism as to the honesty of the people involved.
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 05:35 AM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyro
Ditto...

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 06:12 AM
Worship me

LMAO, I read an interview with Sheehan yesterday where she said her objective was to "never have another war".
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 07:12 AM
Token Troll

Looks like a precursor for that movie, "The Ground Truth"...

'05 Redfire Mustang

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 07:14 AM
KJ94GT

Why the hell are they including "...and those fighting for immigrants' rights" in their list of protestors? What does that have to do with the War in Iraq? Maybe if the illegals were veterans they wouldn't be illegal anymore
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 09:40 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
So you think that this is a liberal funded machine backed to make Bush look bad?
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 09:41 AM
v2004 rebooted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P
LMAO, I read an interview with Sheehan yesterday where she said her objective was to "never have another war".

Bitch has some real mental health problems.
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 09:42 AM
Worship me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
So you think that this is a liberal funded machine backed to make Bush look bad?
That would never happen LOL! I know plenty of people who can camp out for weeks at a time and go without working.
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 09:44 AM
Worship me

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ94GT
Why the hell are they including "...and those fighting for immigrants' rights" in their list of protestors? What does that have to do with the War in Iraq? Maybe if the illegals were veterans they wouldn't be illegal anymore
Because they have to grasp to welcome all the left wing lunatics that they can. The lefties included every fruticake cause they could in their campaigns in the last election and still lost. Look for them to include even more this time around. I wouldn't be suprised if their candidate endorses NAMBLA this time.
post #11 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 09:46 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
That would never happen LOL! I know plenty of people who can camp out for weeks at a time and go without working.
Well I think it is simply a left wing organization putting people up who were invloved in Iraq and don't care for Bush. Reminds me of the Swift Boats Vets against Kerry. It seems the right and the left use the same play book, LOL.
post #12 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 09:54 AM
Out

Pro Trash's breath smells like Cindy Sheehan's vag!!!
post #13 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 10:07 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
Pro Trash's breath smells like Cindy Sheehan's vag!!!

Well that is a great reply, to stupid to make a cognitive reflection Denny? I don't care for old Cindy the way you do, for I never mention her, she is simply a side show.
post #14 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 10:15 AM
Out

Quote:
Well that is a great reply, to stupid to make a cognitive reflection Denny? I don't care for old Cindy the way you do, for I never mention her, she is simply a side show.
Ya, that's me... too stupid. I just love how people try to bash any efforts that our govt. does to rid the world of terrorists. I wouldn't give those damn hand-holders 10 minutes in downtown Baghdad.
post #15 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 10:23 AM
Worship me

Quote:
Well I think it is simply a left wing organization putting people up who were invloved in Iraq and don't care for Bush
sounds a lot like a "liberal funded machine backed to make Bush look bad"
post #16 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 10:30 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Ya, that's me... too stupid. I just love how people try to bash any efforts that our govt. does to rid the world of terrorists. I wouldn't give those damn hand-holders 10 minutes in downtown Baghdad.
So the same hand holders that fought in Iraq this time and last? Maybe that should just apply to the protesters that are for immigrant rights, correct? Because it seems some of the veterans have been in Iraq and made it home. So do they have the right to protest or should they be shot for having opinion that differs from yours or mine?
post #17 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 10:35 AM
Out

Quote:
So the same hand holders that fought in Iraq this time and last? Maybe that should just apply to the protesters that are for immigrant rights, correct? Because it seems some of the veterans have been in Iraq and made it home. So do they have the right to protest or should they be shot for having opinion that differs from yours or mine?
Never said they should be shot for having an opinion. I love how you play on everyone's words, only to make yourself look more ignorant. If they are truely soldiers from over there, then they are one of two things. Ignorant as to why they were there in the first place, or one of those types that signs up for service, but doesn't want to go to war. Either way, they would fall under the "lame" category in my book. It's probably best that they're not there anymore anyway. I'd rather them camp out in DC and host sing-a-longs than represent my country.

I have noticed something, though. The ones that scream the loudest are usually the ignorant ones on the subject.
post #18 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 10:58 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Never said they should be shot for having an opinion. I love how you play on everyone's words, only to make yourself look more ignorant. If they are truely soldiers from over there, then they are one of two things. Ignorant as to why they were there in the first place, or one of those types that signs up for service, but doesn't want to go to war. Either way, they would fall under the "lame" category in my book. It's probably best that they're not there anymore anyway. I'd rather them camp out in DC and host sing-a-longs than represent my country.

I have noticed something, though. The ones that scream the loudest are usually the ignorant ones on the subject.
So someone stating their opinion after serving in Iraq is ignorant? I don't agree with everything our government does in regards to Iraq but that doesn make me ignorant. I don't agree with Sheehan and company either but feel as though I have earned the right to have my opinion after having served on several combat missions under our flag. Heck they are US citizens and should be allowed their opinions. I have freinds that were deployed from Hood that said what goes over there is BS, this is their opinon some of these people are Officers and Warrants and they don't like the mission in Iraq or the decisions the Bush administration has made, news flash Denny most of them serve more than one tour because of their loyalty to their friends and hoping they make the decisions that keep other soldiers alive. They do respresent your country Denny maybe you are just ignorant to democracy?
post #19 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 11:02 AM
Out

I still don't see anywhere me saying that they can't voice their opinions. Do you really make up your own shit or do you just not understand what people say to you? All I'm saying is that their opinions suck and they aren't worth a shit.
post #20 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 11:06 AM
Worship me

Quote:
So someone stating their opinion after serving in Iraq is ignorant? I don't agree with everything our government does in regards to Iraq but that doesn make me ignorant. I don't agree with Sheehan and company either but feel as though I have earned the right to have my opinion after having served on several combat missions under our flag. Heck they are US citizens and should be allowed their opinions. I have freinds that were deployed from Hood that said what goes over there is BS, this is their opinon some of these people are Officers and Warrants and they don't like the mission in Iraq or the decisions the Bush administration has made, news flash Denny most of them serve more than one tour because of their loyalty to their friends and hoping they make the decisions that keep other soldiers alive. They do respresent your country Denny maybe you are just ignorant to democracy?
No, someone stating their opinion and lumping it in with left wing nutjobs who would sell this country for a fucking nickle is ignorant. Did you not see the company that the nutjobs in this camp are attempting to attract? Lay down with the dogs, get some fleas, that is OK because that is democracy. All leftist causes are one and the same!
post #21 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 11:11 AM
Worship me

Quote:
Do you really make up your own shit or do you just not understand what people say to you? All I'm saying is that their opinions suck and they aren't worth a shit.
How dare you have the opinion that someone else's opinion sucks ass. This is America where all opinions are supposed to be respected. Why just now I was sending a letter to Congress saying I should be able to shove carrots up my dog's ass in front of the post office.

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order." - Ed Howdershelt
post #22 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 12:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I still don't see anywhere me saying that they can't voice their opinions. Do you really make up your own shit or do you just not understand what people say to you? All I'm saying is that their opinions suck and they aren't worth a shit.
I can agree with that I just think it is funny how any mention of anyone who does not agree with Bush, Iraq, etc can get some of the board members here all jacked up LOL. I am bored an you guy's make my day go by quicker. Yes Al congress will approv you sticking carrots up your dogs ass but I doubt PETA will.
post #23 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 12:50 PM
Worship me

Quote:
I can agree with that I just think it is funny how any mention of anyone who does not agree with Bush, Iraq, etc can get some of the board members here all jacked up LOL. I am bored an you guy's make my day go by quicker. Yes Al congress will approv you sticking carrots up your dogs ass but I doubt PETA will.
No one gives a shit about agreeing with Bush. Shit I'll be glad when there is a new president so you'll stop saying that.
post #24 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 01:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
No one gives a shit about agreeing with Bush. Shit I'll be glad when there is a new president so you'll stop saying that.
LOL just like everyhting else we'll find something else to argue a point about, that is what makes this fun Al, kinda of like how you and your dog love carrot time.
post #25 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 01:42 PM
Worship me

My dog hates carrot time
post #26 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 01:46 PM
Musician for the deaf

Quote:
So someone stating their opinion after serving in Iraq is ignorant?
Wow, are you waving the blind patriotism flag? No one can criticise anyone who has been in combat? You sound like a total right-wing fanatical Bushbot.

post #27 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 09:59 PM
NOT the Oldest Fart HERE

Soldiers like this one protesting

http://ice.he.net/~freepnet/kerry/video/pitkinklr.wmv

after this, I don't believe any testimony of soldiers used by democrats against war

This was the lie he told in 1971 to congress after democrats used him as a tool.

http://ice.he.net/~freepnet/kerry/video/pitkin2.wmv
post #28 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 12:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
http://ice.he.net/~freepnet/kerry/video/pitkinklr.wmv

after this, I don't believe any testimony of soldiers used by democrats against war

This was the lie he told in 1971 to congress after democrats used him as a tool.

http://ice.he.net/~freepnet/kerry/video/pitkin2.wmv
I guess sodliers who are right wing are the only good soldiers then?
post #29 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 12:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Wow, are you waving the blind patriotism flag? No one can criticise anyone who has been in combat? You sound like a total right-wing fanatical Bushbot.

No not at all, LOL, I used the word ignorant on purpose, meaning that how can one say a person is ignorant to Iraq or that persons opinion not valid if they in fact spent a year in Iraq dealing with the issue at hand.
post #30 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 01:43 PM
Musician for the deaf

I know that, but you sound like a card carrying republican when you say it
post #31 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 02:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I know that, but you sound like a card carrying republican when you say it
Didn't you hear? Because I question my government I am considered a Liberal by most on here, LOL.
post #32 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 02:37 PM
Musician for the deaf

Quote:
Didn't you hear? Because I question my government I am considered a Liberal by most on here, LOL.
I think you just don't understand the rules. Its all about timing. I mean, 10 years ago it would have been wrong not to question your government. That was back when the government blew up their own buildings and hid Iraqi involvement. Today it is far different; someone else blows up buildings and you have to suspect Iraqi involvement.
post #33 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 02:45 PM
Out

Quote:
No not at all, LOL, I used the word ignorant on purpose, meaning that how can one say a person is ignorant to Iraq or that persons opinion not valid if they in fact spent a year in Iraq dealing with the issue at hand.
Well, since I meet your criteria on being in Iraq a year I guess I'm not ignorant.

I'm just saying that they're ignorant INSPITE of being in Iraq. I met a lot of ignorant people out there. Hell, half the soldiers only know their direct orders, nothing more. Placement in the world does not establish your level of knowledge on the matter, but it does help. Don't just stop with if they've been out there or not. Find out why they were there and what they did.
post #34 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 04:03 PM
NOT the Oldest Fart HERE

makes ya want to go humm

Quote:
I guess sodliers who are right wing are the only good soldiers then?

That's your quote, not mine.

I think you purposly missed the point, the democrats told that soldier to make up some stuff and tell it to congress. He later told his story about being told to lie and ask fellow soldiers to forgive him.
Democrats never learn from their mistakes, they just blame stupid voters.
post #35 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 04:09 PM
D
Sofa Kingdom

I can't stand military members who come back and critisize and protest. They're being hypocritical and hypocrites make Baby Jesus cry. They know the risk of being deployed is there when they sign their life over. I have no sympathy for them what so ever. So basically, what I'm trying to say, is fuck them.

post #36 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 04:43 PM
Worship me

IMO there is a difference between questioning your government and actively protesting a war that is still going on. The troops should come home when the job is done and not a second before. Otherwise all those guys that have died have died for nothing. I'm all about questioning tax policy, the welfare system, budgeting, etc... Saying troops in the field should come home no matter the cost is not the same though. You are telling guys that have bullets flying over their head that what they are doing is wrong. And that's bullshit. Sure, sure, sure we'll hear these fucking idiots talk about how they "support the troops" but don't "suppor the war". IMO its one and the same because of morale.

"You go out there and fight as best you can, we are all for you but the reason you are there is wrong"...how the fuck does that make sense?
post #37 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 08:42 AM
Musician for the deaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90StangLX5.0
I can't stand military members who come back and critisize and protest. They're being hypocritical and hypocrites make Baby Jesus cry. They know the risk of being deployed is there when they sign their life over. I have no sympathy for them what so ever. So basically, what I'm trying to say, is fuck them.
Doesn't that assume a lot on your part? In this case I think the whining is about being in combat, and I agree, that is why you join the military, not for some ed benefit or something. But some disagree with the war in Iraq because they see it as a waste of resources that should be deployed elsewhere. Some just plain disagree with the whole strategy used. Is that hypocritical?
post #38 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 11:23 AM
D
Sofa Kingdom

Quote:
Doesn't that assume a lot on your part? In this case I think the whining is about being in combat, and I agree, that is why you join the military, not for some ed benefit or something. But some disagree with the war in Iraq because they see it as a waste of resources that should be deployed elsewhere. Some just plain disagree with the whole strategy used. Is that hypocritical?
Disagreeing is one thing, but protesting is another. Active military personnel aren't even allowed to engage in protests or rallies per the UCMJ. So not only are they being hypocrites by protesting what they signed up to do, but they ware breaking military law. I disagree with a lot, especially things from a logistical stand point, but would I ever protest? No way. Regardless of how liberal I may one day become, I will never protest the military or what the military does.

post #39 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 11:31 AM
Musician for the deaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90StangLX5.0
Disagreeing is one thing, but protesting is another. Active military personnel aren't even allowed to engage in protests or rallies per the UCMJ. So not only are they being hypocrites by protesting what they signed up to do, but they ware breaking military law. I disagree with a lot, especially things from a logistical stand point, but would I ever protest? No way. Regardless of how liberal I may one day become, I will never protest the military or what the military does.
I thought these were former soldiers? If not then definitely a mast or CM is needed.
post #40 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 11:39 AM
D
Sofa Kingdom

Quote:
I thought these were former soldiers? If not then definitely a mast or CM is needed.
They may be. But regardless...still bull shit.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement