How Iran's Nukes Could Play Out - Good Read - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-31-2006, 09:50 AM Thread Starter
D
Sofa Kingdom

How Iran's Nukes Could Play Out - Good Read

Taken from, once again, www.boortz.com:

This whole "being the President" thing is just so easy, isn't it? Why, George Bush could certainly handle the job if he just wasn't so dumb, right?

OK ...let's consider Iran. In just a few paragraph here I'll have you saying "Damn, I'm sure glad I'm not the one who has to make these decisions."

First: Iran is working toward a nuclear bomb. I don't care how many times Mahmoud Ahmadinejad talks about nuclear power plants for electricity, every sane person in this country knows that a nuclear weapon is his true goal.

Let's spend just a few moments thinking of what happens when Iran gets the bomb. There are several scenarios. A nuclear strike on Israel is one, of course. Would the West retaliate? Perhaps. Remember, though ... Ahmadinejad and his Islamic fascist pals don't really care how many of their countrymen are killed in any retaliation. They way they look at it, they're fighting and dying for Allah, and this guarantees their place in paradise. Kill infidels, or die trying to kill infidels. It make no difference. In their twisted vision of their religious duty, it's all the same.

So ... Iran makes a few nuclear weapons. They then use the porous border between the U.S. and Mexico to bring one of those bombs into the U.S. Perhaps in the well-shielded back of a minivan. They park the minivan in a garage of some ordinary house in an obscure neighborhood in some mid-sized American city. Then they conduct a nuclear test in Iran. Surprise! We have the bomb!

As the world is reacting to the Iranian nuclear test, some deranged Mullah steps up to the microphones to inform the world that there is a bomb just like the one they tested somewhere in the United States. There's another in some Western European country. The world is then informed that both of these bombs will be detonated unless certain Islamic demands are met.

Which option would you choose if you were President?
diplomacy
sanctions
military action
something else

What demands? Well, let's start with the removal of all U.S. and Western troops out of the Middle East. Then all Jews are told to leave Israel or face annihilation. The U.S. is told that if we dare to defend Israel, the bomb will be detonated. In short order the Islamic fascists have complete control over the entire Middle East. All moderate Arab governments will fall. The Persians of Iran will rule. All oil supplies to the Western world will be held hostage to Iranian demands.

Now ... is there anything in this scenario thus far that you think is absurd? Can you not see things playing out pretty much this way? Sure, there are as many possibilities are there are people capable of dreaming them up. Any way you look at it, Iran with a nuclear bomb isn't a warm and fuzzy thought.

So .. what do we do?

There are three main alternatives.

Diplomacy
Sanctions against Iran
Military action
Diplomacy?

Tell me, please, how that is going to work. The Islamic world sees America as weak. When George Bush first initiated the war against Radical Islam we were seen as strong and full of resolve. The Arabic world responded to that image of strength and determination. Libya immediately halted its weapons programs. Saudi Arabia started to institute reforms that called for more democratic processes. Syria was trembling in fear that American troops would not stop at its border with Iraq.

Then ... the left got rolling. Democrats' hatred of George Bush overwhelmed any resolve they may have had to defeat Islamic fascism. Islamic fascists who once feared that a dangerous and resolute America had been pushed too far suddenly saw signs of weakness. The "Bush lied - People died" campaign was in full swing, and Islamists were in full smile. Democrats were pushing for a timetable to war, a timetable that Islamic murderers would use as one for conquest.

Diplomacy? Sorry .. but we're operating from a position of weakness in any diplomatic discussions with Iran. Why, we're getting ready to give a former Iranian President president Mohammad Khatami a royal welcome to the U.S. next week? In fact, Mr. Appeasement himself, Jimmy Carter, is going to swap spit with Khatami in Washington DC! This Islamic murderer is going to be permitted to speak at the National Cathedral! All of this ... every bit ... the visit, the meeting with Carter and the speech in our National Cathedral will be viewed by Islamists as a sign of American weakness.

If you think that negotiating with Iran from a position of perceived weakness will do the trick, then go for it! Let us know how that works out for you!

Sanctions?

Let me read to you the headlines in the world's major newspapers just a few weeks after we impose sanctions on Iraq.

Iranian Sanctions Bring Hunger
Women and Children Suffer Under Oppressive Sanctions
Iranian Children are Dying for Lack of Medicines
Get the picture?

As soon as we impose sanctions the left's publicity machine will crank up in perfect step with Islamic propagandists. Ahmadinejad is not above starving his own people to get images of death that can be broadcast worldwide and blamed on the Americans and their sanctions. In the meantime, Russia will make sure that the Iranian nuclear program isn't hurt. Who knows, maybe a little help will come from that strange little gargoyle in North Korea as well!

With sanctions the United States will soon be painted as a horrific monster that is set out on a course of genocide against the Iranian people. The world media will be all-too-happy to promote that image.

Military Action?

The simplistic solution would seem to be to just send in the military to destroy as much of Iran's nuclear infrastructure as possible. You do know, don't you, that Ahmadinejad has surrounded the Iranian nuclear development sites with as many Iranian school children and women as possible. He has taken steps to guarantee that any Israeli or U.S. strike against his nuclear program will result in the deaths of hundreds, perhaps thousands of women and children. If our planes and bombs don't kill them, then he will ... with all blame placed on America.

Remember ... there are new rules out there. While Muslims can get a pass on shooting children in the back, the United States simply cannot take any military action, no matter how grave the threat may be, if that military action would result in the death of a civilian, let alone a woman or child.

There are your options. Today the Iranian government is supposed to tell us whether or not it is going to cease it's nuclear enrichment program. Do you want to sit in the Oval Office and make the decision as to how we respond?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-31-2006, 10:33 AM
Worship me

I don't believe all of that but IMO you just turn Israel loose on them. Everyone hates Israel already so it doesn't matter. I'm shocked that they haven't bombed the reactors already. Israel is going to blow them up whether women and children are around or not, just a matter of time.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-31-2006, 10:38 AM Thread Starter
D
Sofa Kingdom

I don't necessarily believe it all either, but it sort of puts things in to a more simple perspective and draws out the cons of each option. Regardless of our "options" right now, it'll come down to one thing and one thing only; blowing them to pieces.

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-31-2006, 10:48 AM
Resident Curmudgeon

Yep, I'm on Israel's side on this one... they're right next door to those idiots (Iran. Syria, Hezbolah) over there, it's highly likely that Isreal will get hit first, and if/when that happens, the US has got to stand strong, and keep our mouths shut while Israel does the job our fuckin' panty-waste politicians won't let our military do...

I see the potential for a lot of death and destruction...

mardyn

R.I.P. James E. Berry 01/03/57-- 01/14/05

post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-31-2006, 10:56 AM Thread Starter
D
Sofa Kingdom

Frankly, I am tired of the left's influence on how the military is run. About 3/4 of them have NEVER served, NEVER been to war, NEVER done anything worth while for their country except try to uproot it. The President needs to make a decision, one that is in the best interest of the security of our contry. If I were in charge, blowing shit up would be priority number one when it comes to this mess.

post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-31-2006, 11:05 AM
IA2

Seems to me that them declaring that a nuke was sitting somewhere in the USA awaiting a button push would be a declaration of war. IMO a nuke immediately dropped on the iranian palace would be the appropriate response, hopefully with the iranian nutjob sitting inside. Dithering around for weeks while they kick us in the nuts shows weakness. Also if they did detonate that weapon then wipe iran off the map.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-31-2006, 04:13 PM
Lifer

so we should nuke the democrats?
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-31-2006, 04:14 PM Thread Starter
D
Sofa Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw33
so we should nuke the democrats?
lol...no comment...

post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-31-2006, 04:25 PM
ebay pimp

Israel could handle Iran, even if they have a nuclear weapon. But if for some reason Israel could not handle a verified nuclear armed Iran.

Our plan should be: Attack Iranian reactors and known location of said nuclear weapons with conventionally armed cruise missisles, then more strikes with B-2's and F-117's, finally carpet bomb these installations with B-52's.

Any resistance would meet a similar reaction.

But remember, there are at least 2 Islamic countries that are proven possesors of nukes, India and Pakistan. Fortunately, they have real governments that want to live & prosper.

Scott
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-31-2006, 04:27 PM Thread Starter
D
Sofa Kingdom

The B-1 has a bigger payload than the B-52...just sayin'.

post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-31-2006, 04:31 PM
ebay pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90StangLX5.0
The B-1 has a bigger payload than the B-52...just sayin'.
Correct, but B-52's are more reliable, and more expendable.
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-31-2006, 04:31 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb
Seems to me that them declaring that a nuke was sitting somewhere in the USA awaiting a button push would be a declaration of war. IMO a nuke immediately dropped on the iranian palace would be the appropriate response, hopefully with the iranian nutjob sitting inside. Dithering around for weeks while they kick us in the nuts shows weakness. Also if they did detonate that weapon then wipe iran off the map.
I agree
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-31-2006, 04:46 PM
Banned

I still don't get why everyone hates israel? Has everyone forgot the 100's of years of assasinations, and suicide bombings that the Islamic people have brought to Israel? Oh wait though, as soon as the Jews take military action against them, they're the scum of the earth! Fuck that shit. I'm all for the Jews fucking up a group of people who kill innocent people for a piece of land that they never owned. What muslim alive today lost Israel? None! What jew today took Israel from the Muslims? None!
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-01-2006, 10:01 AM
Musician for the deaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P
I don't believe all of that but IMO you just turn Israel loose on them. Everyone hates Israel already so it doesn't matter. I'm shocked that they haven't bombed the reactors already. Israel is going to blow them up whether women and children are around or not, just a matter of time.
Israel doesn't have the shit to accomplish that anymore. Iraq's reactor was cake, today they don't even have the power to do more than retaliate against Syria. Politically they don't have the resolve to cause regime change in Palestine, and Hizbollah kicked their asses in this respect.

There is a long history if Iranian-Israeli cooperation, and those hardliners in both governments are on shaky ground. Israel would be part of a coup before it would confront Iran head-on.
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-01-2006, 10:09 AM
Musician for the deaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopnut2
I still don't get why everyone hates israel? Has everyone forgot the 100's of years of assasinations, and suicide bombings that the Islamic people have brought to Israel? Oh wait though, as soon as the Jews take military action against them, they're the scum of the earth! Fuck that shit. I'm all for the Jews fucking up a group of people who kill innocent people for a piece of land that they never owned. What muslim alive today lost Israel? None! What jew today took Israel from the Muslims? None!
What makes you set one above the other? Jewish history, whether mythology or fact, is all about Jews killing innocent people for a piece of land they never owned. Splattering baby brains on the rocks and taking the young girls as concubines and all that good stuff. That is the basis for zionism. That its alright to destroy non-jews because their God says too. Doesn't sound too different to me.
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-01-2006, 10:25 AM
Worship me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Israel doesn't have the shit to accomplish that anymore. Iraq's reactor was cake, today they don't even have the power to do more than retaliate against Syria. Politically they don't have the resolve to cause regime change in Palestine, and Hizbollah kicked their asses in this respect.

There is a long history if Iranian-Israeli cooperation, and those hardliners in both governments are on shaky ground. Israel would be part of a coup before it would confront Iran head-on.
Well, at this point I think any country would be more in favor of a coup than a straight up confrontation. While I agree with you about the political environment in Israel I think you'd be hard pressed to disagree that the mindset there can change in an instant. Militarily I think they have the ability to go and bomb anything they want in Iran, now that may be political suicide at home but IMO there are plenty of hard liners there who are just plain willing to take a fall. If I had said three months ago that they would attack the shit out of Hezbollah for a minor border incident I think there would be plenty of people who said I was crazy. Even the Hezbollah leader thought it wouldn't happen. But here we are.
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-01-2006, 10:27 AM
Worship me

Quote:
What makes you set one above the other? Jewish history, whether mythology or fact, is all about Jews killing innocent people for a piece of land they never owned. Splattering baby brains on the rocks and taking the young girls as concubines and all that good stuff. That is the basis for zionism. That its alright to destroy non-jews because their God says too. Doesn't sound too different to me.
If you go back far enough, everyone's history consists of that barbaric shit. The problem is that the towelheads never really stopped doing it.

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order." - Ed Howdershelt
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-01-2006, 11:19 AM
Musician for the deaf

Quote:
Well, at this point I think any country would be more in favor of a coup than a straight up confrontation. While I agree with you about the political environment in Israel I think you'd be hard pressed to disagree that the mindset there can change in an instant. Militarily I think they have the ability to go and bomb anything they want in Iran, now that may be political suicide at home but IMO there are plenty of hard liners there who are just plain willing to take a fall. If I had said three months ago that they would attack the shit out of Hezbollah for a minor border incident I think there would be plenty of people who said I was crazy. Even the Hezbollah leader thought it wouldn't happen. But here we are.
Resolve to do so, yes I agree. Ability to do so, with todays AA measures, I doubt it without inside help or maybe a nuclear missile. And I think that would be worse for the west in the long run.

There is a pretty rosy scenario that no one mentions; Iran develops nuclear warheads with Russia's help and China's aloofness. Then a copup happens and a pro-capitalist secular regime takes control. Now Russia has yet another thorn in their side....
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-01-2006, 11:21 AM
Musician for the deaf

Quote:
If you go back far enough, everyone's history consists of that barbaric shit. The problem is that the towelheads never really stopped doing it.
Hey, camels are only alright as a temporary measure; you gots to snatch a few infidel virgins once in awhile to pass the time
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-01-2006, 12:26 PM
Worship me

Quote:
Resolve to do so, yes I agree. Ability to do so, with todays AA measures, I doubt it without inside help or maybe a nuclear missile. And I think that would be worse for the west in the long run.

There is a pretty rosy scenario that no one mentions; Iran develops nuclear warheads with Russia's help and China's aloofness. Then a copup happens and a pro-capitalist secular regime takes control. Now Russia has yet another thorn in their side....
Do you know how they managed to bomb the Iraqi reactor? Those Jews are sneaky!

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order." - Ed Howdershelt
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-01-2006, 12:56 PM
Musician for the deaf

Quote:
Do you know how they managed to bomb the Iraqi reactor? Those Jews are sneaky!
With bombs?
post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-01-2006, 02:15 PM
Worship me

Quote:
With bombs?
LOL, no. They flew their planes all the way across Jordan and Saudi Arabia at low level and sometimes in a stack so they only had one radar signature. Sneaky jewery!
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-01-2006, 02:25 PM
Musician for the deaf

Oh, okay. I had read some about operation Opera but never knew that.

Then again, Saddam had old POS Raytheon equipment supplemented by French and Russian technology.

Israelis were always known for unconventional balls-to-the-wall tactics. They had to make numbers count.
post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-04-2006, 08:05 PM
Lifer

"My fellow Americans. I'm pleased to announce that I've signed legislation outlawing Iran. We begin bombing in five minutes"
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006, 09:07 AM Thread Starter
D
Sofa Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimD
"My fellow Americans. I'm pleased to announce that I've signed legislation outlawing Iran. We begin bombing in five minutes"
I could go with that.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement