did anyone else see this on discovery Sunday - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-20-2006, 08:15 PM Thread Starter
NOT the Oldest Fart HERE

did anyone else see this on discovery Sunday

this one bomb has 40 warheads that have the capability to target 40 seperate tanks and take them all out in a 1000lb package. Already used in battle and proven.

http://textronsystems.com/pdf/produc...20weapon%20%22

The Sensor Fuzed Weapon [SFW] is an unpowered, top attack, wide area, cluster munition, designed to achieve multiple kills per aircraft pass against enemy armor and support vehicles. After release, the TMD opens and dispenses the ten submunitions which are parachute stabilized. Each of the 10 BLU-108/B submunitions contains four armor-penetrating projectiles with infrared sensors to detect armored targets. At a preset altitude sensed by a radar altimeter, a rocket motor fires to spin the submunition and initiate an ascent. The submunition then releases its four projectiles, which are lofted over the target area. The projectile's sensor detects a vehicle's infrared signature, and an explosively formed penetrator fires at the heat source. If no target is detected after a period of time, the projectiles automatically after a preset time interval, causing damage to material and personnel.

The forty warheads in each CBU-97 are each capable of destroying a main battle tank, armored personnel carrier, self-propelled artillery piece, or other tracked vehicle. In the event a warhead does not contact a satisfactory target during its flight, it will be detonated by a 'salvage fuse' upon contact with the ground. By that time, it may have been tipped sideways by its impact, and any vehicle in the direction of the warhead jet will sustain damage.

Last edited by jyro; 08-20-2006 at 08:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-20-2006, 11:42 PM
Lifer

That shit is bad!!
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 12:02 AM
Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Like that show allot more than I thought I would. But if the equipment is on that show it's probably already been improved apon or replaced....

the bio on the MOAB was awesome.

You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 12:04 PM
BP
Keep your unicorns

I quit talking about that show when everyone thought I was crazy. We so own every other army in the world it's sick. A single F-16 can take out 160 tanks in a matter of seconds now.

That and we can shoot artillery in the general direction of the enemy now and have 10 rounds land within 5 meters of the target at the exact same time, per gun.

Not even considering what a single ICBM can do to a country now. We'd win, end of story.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 02:18 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

We've got some bad-ass weapons in the inventory, now if we cound just get all the liberal politicians, judges, and democraps outta' the way so we could use 'em.

mardyn

R.I.P. James E. Berry 01/03/57-- 01/14/05

post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 03:19 PM
ebay pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by mardyn
We've got some bad-ass weapons in the inventory, now if we cound just get all the liberal politicians, judges, and democraps outta' the way so we could use 'em.

mardyn
We have a Republican President(for 6 years now), and a Republican controlled Congress (for 12 years now), so who's stopping us from using these "bad-ass" weapons? THE GOP could get virtually anything through Congress if they all vote together.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 09:28 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

I'd like to see all the politicians outta' the way... if they would just let the military do it's job, we would have been finished along time ago.

Bush has got the nads to get the job done, but the PC atmosphere in Washington hinders any attempt by GWB to do much of anything... especially when it comes to dealing with the war.

mardyn

post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 06:52 AM
ebay pimp

Quote:
I'd like to see all the politicians outta' the way... if they would just let the military do it's job, we would have been finished along time ago.

Bush has got the nads to get the job done, but the PC atmosphere in Washington hinders any attempt by GWB to do much of anything... especially when it comes to dealing with the war.

mardyn
Ah, so you favor a miltary type government. Too bad our constitution specifically forbids it. We could always try a South American style military coup.

Then again, in 1963 during the Cuban Missle Crisis, all the military generals were urging JFK to launch at full nuclear strike against the USSR. I'm glad cooler heads prevailed, or virtually all of us would not be here.

Scott
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 06:37 PM
Lifer

Quote:

mardyn
We had Bin Hiden by the nads and it damn sure wasn't any liberal politicians, judges, or democraps that let him go.
For six years now Dubya has had all the power he needs.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 06:45 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

Yea, I guess y'all are right... I know I'd feel plenty safe if we only had Al Gore or John Kerry as leader of great country.

btw... 'splain to me how we had bin laden and let him go, other than when the Saudis had him and offered him to Clinton... who said no thanks.

mardyn

post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 09:53 PM
Hero in a half shell

shoot, I'm more psyched about the future warrior project and the armor our soldiers will have, amazing stuff if you read about it

post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 05:51 AM
ebay pimp

Quote:
Yea, I guess y'all are right... I know I'd feel plenty safe if we only had Al Gore or John Kerry as leader of great country.

btw... 'splain to me how we had bin laden and let him go, other than when the Saudis had him and offered him to Clinton... who said no thanks.

mardyn
But the fact is that Kerry or Gore have NOT been in control, this all happened on the Republican watch..

But you've had "W" in control for 6 years now....and as said earlier, a Republican Congress for 12 years....WHO are these liberals stopping usage of "bass-ass" weapons?

The Conservatives have had about as much of total control as possible in a democracy......for the time being.

btw explain why after all commercial air traffic had been halted after 9/11, the Bush administration let a plane fly out with members of the Bin Laden family?

Scott

Last edited by White trash wagon; 08-23-2006 at 06:07 AM.
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
NOT the Oldest Fart HERE

your showing your true colors on this one

[QUOTE=btw explain why after all commercial air traffic had been halted after 9/11, the Bush administration let a plane fly out with members of the Bin Laden family?

Scott[/QUOTE]

Believe all you want from a Moore film but here's the truth, enjoy it, you don't seem to get the truth much watching the DNC's finest or any moore film.

http://www.factcheck.org/article294.html

"Richard Clarke -- the national security aide who later became one of Bush's strongest public critics -- testified repeatedly that he made the decision to allow the flights, after consulting with the Federal Bureau of Investigation:

9/11 Commission (page 329): We found no evidence that anyone at the White House above the level of Richard Clarke participated in a decision on the departure of Saudi nationals. . . . Clarke told us, "I asked the FBI, Dale Watson . . . to handle that, to check to see if that was all right with them, to see if they wanted access to any of these people, and to get back to me. And if they had no objections, it would be fine with me." Clarke added, "I have no recollection of clearing it with anybody at the White House."

Clarke had been the top anti-terrorism aide in the White House under Clinton, then stayed on under Bush. Since leaving the Bush White House he has become an outspoken critic of the current administration, accusing the Bush team of ignoring his recommendations prior to the September 11 attacks."

"when most other air traffic was grounded" following the attacks of September 11, 2001. In fact, according to the final report of the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States (the 9/11 Commission), the bin Laden flight was on Sept. 20. (See footnote 28 in the 9/11 Commission's report in "supporting documents" at right). That was one week after the FAA allowed commercial air traffic to resume at 11am on Sept. 13.

By that time all major airports in the US had re-opened, with the sole exception of Washington DC's Reagan National airport, which the bin Laden flight didn't use.

The bin Laden family members were among a number of other Saudi citizens and government officials who left the US on special charter flights because they feared possible reprisals in the emotional aftermath that swept the US in the days after the 9/11 attacks. Neither the FBI nor the 9/11 Commission has found any of the departing Saudis had any links to terrorism:

9/11 Commission (page 330): The FBI interviewed all persons of interest on these flights prior to their departures. They concluded that none of the passengers was connected to the 9/11 attacks and have since found no evidence to change that conclusion.
Our own independent review of the Saudi nationals involved confirms that no one with known links to terrorism departed on these flights .
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 05:51 PM
ebay pimp

"Richard Clarke -- the national security aide who later became one of Bush's strongest public critics -- testified repeatedly that he made the decision to allow the flights, after consulting with the Federal Bureau of Investigation"

"The bin Laden family members were among a number of other Saudi citizens and government officials who left the US on special charter flights because they feared possible reprisals in the emotional aftermath that swept the US in the days after the 9/11 attacks. Neither the FBI nor the 9/11 Commission has found any of the departing Saudis had any links to terrorism"

So how am I wrong? Richard Clarke, then a member of the Bush administration, authorized letting a charter flight with members of the Bin Laden family leave the USA after 9/11. Thanks for validating my statement

Scott

Last edited by White trash wagon; 08-23-2006 at 06:11 PM.
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 05:56 PM
D
Sofa Kingdom

The MOAB is a BAMF...and was dropped by a C-130.

Scott, you are right, 9-11 did happen on the Republican watch. But who's watch was it on where no action was taken on multiple attacks on us and our wonderful president did nothing? I'm curious what you will say, because last time I checked, it was Clinton. He was too busy getting blown and paying off terrorists to take any significant military action.

post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 06:05 PM
ebay pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90StangLX5.0
The MOAB is a BAMF...and was dropped by a C-130.

Scott, you are right, 9-11 did happen on the Republican watch. But who's watch was it on where no action was taken on multiple attacks on us and our wonderful president did nothing? I'm curious what you will say, because last time I checked, it was Clinton. He was too busy getting blown and paying off terrorists to take any significant military action.
Wrong reference, I was refering to Mardyn's complaint that "liberal judges & politicians" prevented the USA from using "bad-ass" weapons. I pointed out that since all this happened at a time when Republicans were in total control....he had to no one to blame but conservative republicans.

And as far as terrorist deaths under Clinton....how many died? How many have died from terrorism under GW Bush?

And remember, GW Bush idolizes not his father, but Ronald Reagan. And what did Ronald Reagan do when 241 Marines were killed in a truck bomb incident in Lebanon? He pulled out of Lebanon..........

Scott
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 06:24 PM
D
Sofa Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by White trash wagon
Wrong reference, I was refering to Mardyn's complaint that "liberal judges & politicians" prevented the USA from using "bad-ass" weapons. I pointed out that since all this happened at a time when Republicans were in total control....he had to no one to blame but conservative republicans.

And as far as terrorist deaths under Clinton....how many died? How many have died from terrorism under GW Bush?

And remember, GW Bush idolizes not his father, but Ronald Reagan. And what did Ronald Reagan do when 241 Marines were killed in a truck bomb incident in Lebanon? He pulled out of Lebanon..........

Scott
I stand corrected. Though, had Clinton taken action during his presidency, it is a safe assumtion that 9-11 would not have happened. Clinton had a chance to put Bin Hidin' in custody when Saudi was willing to turn him over to us. It's an arguement that will forever go on, but facts are facts are facts.

post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 06:28 PM
ebay pimp

Quote:
I stand corrected. Though, had Clinton taken action during his presidency, it is a safe assumtion that 9-11 would not have happened. Clinton had a chance to put Bin Hidin' in custody when Saudi was willing to turn him over to us. It's an arguement that will forever go on, but facts are facts are facts.
And if Truman had let MacArthur attack red China during the Korean war......and If Johnson & Nixon had let Vietnam be an all-out real war........ and if Bush Sr had finished Gulf War I......we could go on all night.

Scott
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 06:32 PM
D
Sofa Kingdom

Quote:
And if Truman had let MacArthur attack red China during the Korean war......and If Johnson & Nixon had let Vietnam be an all-out real war........ and if Bush Sr had finished Gulf War I......we could go on all night.

Scott
Yes sir, we could. That's why I said it's an ongoing arguement...though, none of those named presidents in your post are relevant to present day terrorism, it is a half way valid point.

post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
NOT the Oldest Fart HERE

nice

Quote:
So how am I wrong? Richard Clarke, then a member of the Bush administration, authorized letting a charter flight with members of the Bin Laden family leave the USA after 9/11. Thanks for validating my statement

Scott
LOL

none of your implications toward President Bush are true, The president was never involved in the flight, flights weren't grounded at the time they left 9 days later.

you ask this:
QUOTE=btw explain why after all commercial air traffic had been halted after 9/11, the Bush administration let a plane fly out with members of the Bin Laden family?
Scott[/QUOTE]

All I did was answer your question, you sir are a true Democrat and your party's position of trying to make America weaker is one of the reasons I vote Republican.

Last edited by jyro; 08-23-2006 at 09:48 PM.
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-24-2006, 07:02 AM
ebay pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyro
LOL

none of your implications toward President Bush are true, The president was never involved in the flight, flights weren't grounded at the time they left 9 days later.

you ask this:
QUOTE=btw explain why after all commercial air traffic had been halted after 9/11, the Bush administration let a plane fly out with members of the Bin Laden family?
Scott

Can you even read jyro? I said the Bush administration let the bin laden plane fly out, and the quotes you provided stated that Richard Clarke, a member of the Bush administration, let the bin laden plane fly out. I never said Bush personally approved it, but he is responsible for decisions made within his administration.

And check your facts, after 9/11 commercial aviation was grounded for a month, I know, I work in aviation.

You sir, are a yellow dog Republican, who apparently cannot decifer written english.

Scott
post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-24-2006, 04:12 PM Thread Starter
NOT the Oldest Fart HERE

ok

[QUOTE=
You sir, are a yellow dog Republican, who apparently cannot decifer written english.
Scott[/QUOTE]
but I can spell decipher
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-24-2006, 04:14 PM
D
Sofa Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyro
but I can spell decipher
You can't quote for shit.

post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-24-2006, 07:38 PM Thread Starter
NOT the Oldest Fart HERE

sure I can

Quote:
for shit.
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-25-2006, 09:51 AM
Musician for the deaf

Quote:
And check your facts, after 9/11 commercial aviation was grounded for a month, I know, I work in aviation.
We had to get people to New York via alternate routes (Newark and then good old Hertz) and we did that before the stock market opened on Monday the 17th. What commercial aviation are you talking about?

You can check your own facts at:

http://www.9-11commission.gov/report/911Report_Ch10.htm
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-25-2006, 05:21 PM
CJ
User may be editing post.

Quote:
Can you even read jyro? I said the Bush administration let the bin laden plane fly out, and the quotes you provided stated that Richard Clarke, a member of the Bush administration, let the bin laden plane fly out. I never said Bush personally approved it, but he is responsible for decisions made within his administration.

Scott
That is some ridiculously wrong shit. Quit your tantrums, bush was elected, and then re-elected, you got 2 more years, sit down and be a productive member of our country. If you want to argue politics, direct it right at me, I know this shit inside and out, without the use of google and movie scripts.
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-25-2006, 05:42 PM
D
Sofa Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ
That is some ridiculously wrong shit. Quit your tantrums, bush was elected, and then re-elected, you got 2 more years, sit down and be a productive member of our country. If you want to argue politics, direct it right at me, I know this shit inside and out, without the use of google and movie scripts.
You have a black car. It's Bush's fault.

post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-25-2006, 06:00 PM
CJ
User may be editing post.

Quote:
You have a black car. It's Bush's fault.
I have two black car's, a chocolate driveway, if you will.
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-25-2006, 06:02 PM
D
Sofa Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ
I have two black car's, a chocolate driveway, if you will.
Mayor Nagin? Is that you?

post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 11:27 AM
At least it sounds fast

Quote:

Scott
comercial aviation was grounded for a month to Washington, New York and a few other airports, but not all aviation. The flight that left, left after all on board were cleared, after general aviation was un-grounded with a few execption airports, from an airport that was not one of the exceptions. So once again, please tell me how this is a failure of the administration? Bin Laden has family who has publicly critisized his actions. There is no reason to detain his family if they had nothing to do with it.

Why do they call it "Common Sense" when it is so rare?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement