Kerry to run for President in 2008 - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 10:06 AM Thread Starter
D
Sofa Kingdom

Kerry to run for President in 2008

From Boortz.com:

In his quest to get his picture into the dictionary next to the word "futility," John Kerry is running for president in 2008. He has no chance of winning the Democratic nomination, but don't tell him that. He knows that the name of the game, if he even has a chance, is to run as far to the left as possible. That's what you have to do to win over leftist primary voters. Then once you get nominated, you run back to the right .. which is where you need to be in the general election.

Anyway, The Poodle's latest proposal is universal health care. The leftist utopia --- where government controls all access to health care in this country. What better way to make government omnipotent?

This is hardly a new idea, but Kerry has now said we should all have free health care by 2012. And who will be providing this wonderful service? The federal government, of course. And just how will it be paid for? The Poodle's great idea is to repeal all of Bush's tax cuts on people who make more than $200,000 a year. In other words, soak the rich. What a novel idea from a Democrat!

It would be easy to laugh off Kerry's proposal...but it could very well become policy. The Democrats, with help from the Republicans, have done a very good job of addicting the American people to "free" government services. It was George W. Bush who signed the biggest expansion of the welfare state in decades, the prescription drug program for Medicare. Politicians have a vested interest in keeping people in need of one entitlement program or another. It is a source of power for them.

It would be easy to dismiss The Poodle on this one, but I'm sure that one day socialized medicine in the United States will become a reality. It's inevitable. Then where will the people escaping government health care in Canada go?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 10:17 AM
reppin tha westside

doesn't have a chance and he knows it.

remember where you heard this first....your 2008 ticket is

D Hillary Clinton & Barack Obama

R Condoleezza Rice & John McCain

whover you vote for, make sure that you like the second in command, 'cause the prez will be assassinated wihtin the first 6 months

------------------------------------------------------------------------
El Duderino.......of the Crown Royal Cruisers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Jester, your posts do the same thing as going to a county fair, you really make people think "Hey, I'm not so fucked up after looking at that guy!"
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 10:29 AM
Lifer

I'll be damned if i vote for any of them shitbags, i'd rather vote for dubya again,LOL

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 10:32 AM
Out

LOL... Like there's gonna be a 2008 Presidential Race!
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 10:37 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzwell
doesn't have a chance and he knows it.

remember where you heard this first....your 2008 ticket is

D Hillary Clinton & Barack Obama

R Condoleezza Rice & John McCain

whover you vote for, make sure that you like the second in command, 'cause the prez will be assassinated wihtin the first 6 months
I was thinking Hillary and Newt. They've been teaming up in the press...

I'm still not sure about the GOP's nominee... no one has come out as a contender so far...
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 10:41 AM
Lifer

Run chicken little!!!

The sky's falling, the sky's falling!!!
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 10:50 AM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by line-em-up
The sky's falling, the sky's falling!!!
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
D
Sofa Kingdom

I would smash all of my toes with a rusty hammer before I voted for Rodham or Kerry. If I don't like either of the candidates I will vote GOP just to vote against the left. I don't believe in turning in an empty ballot. Unamerican.

post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 11:48 AM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90StangLX5.0
I would smash all of my toes with a rusty hammer before I voted for Rodham or Kerry. If I don't like either of the candidates I will vote GOP just to vote against the left. I don't believe in turning in an empty ballot. Unamerican.
Just get creative with a write-in
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 12:04 PM
BP
Keep your unicorns

McCain isn't winning a damned thing unless he somehow convinced Lieberman to join his ticket and they went after all the moderates.

My money is on Chuck Hagel getting the nomination. He's a Republican, a Vietnam veteran and he's critical of the Bush administration. He's more qualified than John Kerry seeing as how he won the CIB, purple heart and a commendation medal meaning he actually saw the enemy and was shot at.

I can't think of a stronger candidate at the moment unless Jeb runs and Bush's political machine gets fired up. Especially if he teamed up with Condi. Newt would make for a damned fine president but he's got some really ugly skeletons in his closet.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 12:05 PM
Musician for the deaf

Quote:
I disagree; if you vote simply to vote against someone, and the person you voted for does get elected, you are directly responsible for putting that person in office. It does become kind of a catch 22, but I'd prefer to preserve my dignity. On the other hand, Buchanan may run again, so I have an out
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 12:13 PM
Lifer

Sharpton '08!
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 12:17 PM Thread Starter
D
Sofa Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
I disagree; if you vote simply to vote against someone, and the person you voted for does get elected, you are directly responsible for putting that person in office. It does become kind of a catch 22, but I'd prefer to preserve my dignity. On the other hand, Buchanan may run again, so I have an out
I agree. In dire straights though, if there are two canidates and I can't stand either one of them, I will vote against the one I dislike most, which more often than not, damn near every time, is a Democrat. I intend to vote every 4 years and it will never be an empty ballot. I'd rather scribble one in.

post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 12:18 PM Thread Starter
D
Sofa Kingdom

And to toss in more names for consideration...I hope Bill Frist runs. He would make a great President IMO. I would even vote for Trent Lott.

Strom Thurman?

post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 12:33 PM
BP
Keep your unicorns

Quote:
And to toss in more names for consideration...I hope Bill Frist runs. He would make a great President IMO. I would even vote for Trent Lott.

Strom Thurman?
I think there is some dirt on Frist with his HCA ties. Then again if he had Cheney as a running mate atleast he could probably save his life in the event of a heart attack.

Trent Lott, sure thing! As soon as white hoods and capes come back into fashion. He can hook up with Sheets Byrd!

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 12:38 PM
Lifer

Giullani, he's a no-BS kinda guy. Cleaned up NYC under his term, anyway. Plus he's got presence, since he was in office on 9/11 and handled the situation very well. I would vote for him.

So who is gonna run on a platform of term limits and eliminating lobbyists?
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 12:46 PM Thread Starter
D
Sofa Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP
I think there is some dirt on Frist with his HCA ties. Then again if he had Cheney as a running mate atleast he could probably save his life in the event of a heart attack.

Trent Lott, sure thing! As soon as white hoods and capes come back into fashion. He can hook up with Sheets Byrd!
Yeah, I read up a little bit about Frist and his ties with the HCA. I would still vote for him. I was kind of half way joking about Lott and Strom.

post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 12:47 PM
Musician for the deaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Tbird
Giullani, he's a no-BS kinda guy. Cleaned up NYC under his term, anyway. Plus he's got presence, since he was in office on 9/11 and handled the situation very well. I would vote for him.

I hate guiliani. Completely anti-2nd-amendment. He only "cleaned up" NYC because it couldn't get much worse. It is still a corrupt place, where police ticket stolen cars, sieze them, and fine the victim for it.
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 12:52 PM Thread Starter
D
Sofa Kingdom

I wouldn't vote for Juliani unless Rodham was on the other side of the ballot.

post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 01:19 PM
BP
Keep your unicorns

I wish one of the Koch brothers would run for office. David Koch ran for vice president once but now he's worth over $12,000,000,000 and could afford to have a serious campaign. He's a Libertarian btw.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 01:29 PM Thread Starter
D
Sofa Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP
I wish one of the Koch brothers would run for office. David Koch ran for vice president once but now he's worth over $12,000,000,000 and could afford to have a serious campaign. He's a Libertarian btw.
Definite Libertarian for me. I'm a little foggy on them. That's a truck load of $$$$$ though.

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 05:21 PM
v2004 rebooted.

Quote:

Actually, hadn't Giullani already been voted out of Office when 9/11 happened? I seem to recall hearing of gross mismanagement under his office as Mayor and several major scandals. All the National attention he got after 9/11 though helped him shine in the lights. Kind of like Bush, in a way.
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 09:32 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by talisman
Actually, hadn't Giullani already been voted out of Office when 9/11 happened? I seem to recall hearing of gross mismanagement under his office as Mayor and several major scandals. All the National attention he got after 9/11 though helped him shine in the lights. Kind of like Bush, in a way.
I think he just left office, and they called him in to help the mayor out. But he did steal the show as far as publicity.

Newbies, please watch THIS before posting.
www.Lewisvillefishing.net
post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 10:10 PM
Never settle always excel

Quote:
I would smash your toes with a rusty hammer for you before I'd let you vote for them, LOL.
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 10:21 PM
Lifer

Kerry to run for President in 2008

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA! Thanks! Thats the funniest thing I've heard all night!

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-02-2006, 08:17 AM
reppin tha westside

Quote:

Kinky for prez ???

i'm just sayin

------------------------------------------------------------------------
El Duderino.......of the Crown Royal Cruisers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Jester, your posts do the same thing as going to a county fair, you really make people think "Hey, I'm not so fucked up after looking at that guy!"
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-02-2006, 08:42 AM Thread Starter
D
Sofa Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
I would smash your toes with a rusty hammer for you before I'd let you vote for them, LOL.
I would let you. Just let me get good and drunk first.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement