With what is happening in the middle east.. - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 03:24 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

With what is happening in the middle east..

Do you think it will spill over to the mainland US at all?

Newbies, please watch THIS before posting.
www.Lewisvillefishing.net
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 03:28 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Worry wort.

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 04:22 PM
BP
Keep your unicorns

Right now Hezbollah and the like think they can actually win so until Israel makes them their bitch again they'll be sending all their resources to the front lines.

Now full on war between Syria, Iran, Israel and Lebanon will eventually lead to our involvement because China and Russia realize there is too much money at stake putting all those oil fields in Israeli and American control.

With the commies on the terrorist side it means Kim Il Jong gets a pass to do whatever he wants, meaning South Korea will have to kick his ass. China will probably try to take Taiwan back and Japan will be helping us as well as the South Koreans all while fighting their own war against China again.

Then you've got unstable governments in both India and Pakistan, one strong power could take over both of those countries. They've got nukes btw, both sides. Hopefully it's not a Muslim nation that gets ahold of them.

I haven't even mentioned Hugo Chavez and all the African countries that are pissed at us.

So yeah to answer your question it could eventually flow onto our shores. Hopefully it won't but it could very easily.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 05:09 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP
Right now Hezbollah and the like think they can actually win so until Israel makes them their bitch again they'll be sending all their resources to the front lines.

Now full on war between Syria, Iran, Israel and Lebanon will eventually lead to our involvement because China and Russia realize there is too much money at stake putting all those oil fields in Israeli and American control.

With the commies on the terrorist side it means Kim Il Jong gets a pass to do whatever he wants, meaning South Korea will have to kick his ass. China will probably try to take Taiwan back and Japan will be helping us as well as the South Koreans all while fighting their own war against China again.

Then you've got unstable governments in both India and Pakistan, one strong power could take over both of those countries. They've got nukes btw, both sides. Hopefully it's not a Muslim nation that gets ahold of them.

I haven't even mentioned Hugo Chavez and all the African countries that are pissed at us.

So yeah to answer your question it could eventually flow onto our shores. Hopefully it won't but it could very easily.
Two questions, why do Hugo Chavez and African nations figure into this and what is your definition of it flowing onto our shores mean? I know this will affect our economy, but do you mean literally that in your opinion foreign troops will step foot on the continental US?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 05:13 PM
D
Sofa Kingdom

Of all of the countries that could get involved, Japan won't. Japan's military is only used as "self-defense" and it's against their constitution to launch any offensive. They don't even have surface to surface missiles.

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 06:55 PM
BP
Keep your unicorns

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90 Notch
Two questions, why do Hugo Chavez and African nations figure into this and what is your definition of it flowing onto our shores mean? I know this will affect our economy, but do you mean literally that in your opinion foreign troops will step foot on the continental US?
Hugo Chavez is not an ally and could very easily be friends with the Arab nations. As for the African nations back in the last war involving Israel (Yom Kippur) the Ugandans sent in tons of troops to fight with the Muslims. Even Cuba sent over helicopters and about 1500 troops.

Egypt, Algeria, Libya, Sudan, Morocco and Tunisia are all Islamic nations in North Africa. Then you've got the Republic of Congo thats been in civil war for 10 years with the French trying to keep control. Not very far at all to the East you've also got Indonesia, also not a friend of the Western states. Any of these nations could potentially help out their fellow Muslims.

As for literally setting foot on US soil, no I don't think it will ever happen. I mean it's possible some extremist groups could try and pull some terrorism but as far as an actual military invasion it isn't going to happen in our lifetimes.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 07:08 PM
Married Man on 14Feb2010

I think China siding is being over stated. China has become to economically intermengled with the US. China owns about a half a $trillion of treasurys that would become worthless.

If the US would becomed involved with something with Israel, North Korea will think that the US is to far stretched to stop them from invading South Korea. This middle east problem could turn world wide.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 08:00 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP
Hugo Chavez is not an ally and could very easily be friends with the Arab nations. As for the African nations back in the last war involving Israel (Yom Kippur) the Ugandans sent in tons of troops to fight with the Muslims. Even Cuba sent over helicopters and about 1500 troops.

Egypt, Algeria, Libya, Sudan, Morocco and Tunisia are all Islamic nations in North Africa. Then you've got the Republic of Congo thats been in civil war for 10 years with the French trying to keep control. Not very far at all to the East you've also got Indonesia, also not a friend of the Western states. Any of these nations could potentially help out their fellow Muslims.

As for literally setting foot on US soil, no I don't think it will ever happen. I mean it's possible some extremist groups could try and pull some terrorism but as far as an actual military invasion it isn't going to happen in our lifetimes.
I think the scenario is possible, but I wonder if the Muslims will rise up in large numbers to face sure death against Israel and the US.

Thanks for explaining it.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 08:44 PM
Worship me

Nothing will happen. Israel will kick their asses AGAIN. Just like always. The US is not going to get involved because we simply don't need to.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-16-2006, 03:59 AM
The Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP
Then you've got unstable governments in both India and Pakistan, one strong power could take over both of those countries.
I disagree. Its a modern miracle a country as diverse as india alone can be unified long enough as it has been. Its the most diverse nation on the planet in terms of people and languages. Its history has been long long periods of division with short periods of unification, and i really dont see any nation perminently absorbing another in the modern era. We still see so many grudges of border shifting today that happened in the 1940's (bosnia, israel, for example)
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-16-2006, 08:10 AM
Meeeeooowww

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90StangLX5.0
Of all of the countries that could get involved, Japan won't. Japan's military is only used as "self-defense" and it's against their constitution to launch any offensive. They don't even have surface to surface missiles.
They have everything needed to build offensive weapons(even nukes) in a short time. They have even been talking about changing the constitution to be better armed.

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-16-2006, 08:14 AM
Pushed to the limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90 Notch
I think the scenario is possible, but I wonder if the Muslims will rise up in large numbers to face sure death against Israel and the US.

Thanks for explaining it.
Muslims are incapable of rising up in large numbers. You will either see Shiite or Sunni rising up but not both because they hate each other. Then you have certain clans within each that hate each other.

Buying dogs kills.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 03:31 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWTRTXSS
Muslims are incapable of rising up in large numbers. You will either see Shiite or Sunni rising up but not both because they hate each other. Then you have certain clans within each that hate each other.
Because they are so PEACEFUL.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 11:45 AM
Top Gun Actor

Hell yeah its going to spill over!

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetrable as the night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.” — Sun Tzu
Sponsored Links
Advertisement