Fruitcake alert.... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 10:33 AM Thread Starter
Worship me

Fruitcake alert....

Read what this fucking fruitcake has to say...

Beheaded man's father: Revenge breeds revenge
Michael Berg talks about the death of his son and al-Zarqawi

Thursday, June 8, 2006; Posted: 11:59 a.m. EDT (15:59 GMT)

A terror-linked Web site showed Nicholas Berg being beheaded, likely by Abu Musab al-Zarqawi.
Image:

Save on All Your Calls with Vonage
Save 50% on your bill with Vonage unlimited local/long distance -...
www.vonage.com Bad Credit Refinance
Up to 4 quotes with 1 form. Serious refinance inquiries only please.
www.nextag.com Homeowners - Don't Miss Out
$145,000 mortgage for $484 per month. Refinance while rates are still low.
www.lowermybills.com
More Useful Links
• Sporting Goods
• Distance Learning
• Theater Tickets

RELATED
• Al-Zarqawi killed in airstrike
YOUR E-MAIL ALERTS

Nicholas Berg
CNN Access
Al Qaeda
Iraq
or Create Your Own
Manage Alerts | What Is This? (CNN) -- The U.S.-led coalition's No. 1 wanted man in Iraq, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi -- who conducted a campaign of insurgency bombings, beheadings and killings of Americans and Iraqi civilians -- was killed in a U.S. airstrike.

A gruesome video was posted on Islamic Web sites in May, 2004, depicting a man believed to be al-Zarqawi beheading Nicholas Berg, an American businessman who was working in Iraq.

CNN anchor Soledad O"Brien talks to Nicholas Berg's father, Michael Berg, by phone from Wilmington, Delaware, for his reaction to the news.

O'BRIEN: Mr. Berg, thank you for talking with us again. It's nice to have an opportunity to talk to you. Of course, I'm curious to know your reaction, as it is now confirmed that Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, the man who is widely credited and blamed for killing your son, Nicholas, is dead.

MICHAEL BERG: Well, my reaction is I'm sorry whenever any human being dies. Zarqawi is a human being. He has a family who are reacting just as my family reacted when Nick was killed, and I feel bad for that. (Watch video of the two bombs falling on al-Zarqawi -- 2:00)

I feel doubly bad, though, because Zarqawi is also a political figure, and his death will re-ignite yet another wave of revenge, and revenge is something that I do not follow, that I do want ask for, that I do not wish for against anybody. And it can't end the cycle. As long as people use violence to combat violence, we will always have violence.

O'BRIEN: I have to say, sir, I'm surprised. I know how devastated you and your family were, frankly, when Nick was killed in such a horrible, and brutal and public way.

BERG: Well, you shouldn't be surprised, because I have never indicated anything but forgiveness and peace in any interview on the air.

O'BRIEN: No, no. And we have spoken before, and I'm well aware of that. But at some point, one would think, is there a moment when you say, 'I'm glad he's dead, the man who killed my son'?

BERG: No. How can a human being be glad that another human being is dead?

O'BRIEN: There have been family members who have weighed in, victims, who've said that they don't think he's a martyr in heaven, that they think, frankly, he went straight to hell ...

You know, you talked about the fact that he's become a political figure. Are you concerned that he becomes a martyr and a hero and, in fact, invigorates the insurgency in Iraq?

BERG: Of course. When Nick was killed, I felt that I had nothing left to lose. I'm a pacifist, so I wasn't going out murdering people. But I am -- was not a risk-taking person, and yet now I've done things that have endangered me tremendously.

I've been shot at. I've been showed horrible pictures. I've been called all kinds of names and threatened by all kinds of people, and yet I feel that I have nothing left to lose, so I do those things.

Now, take someone who in 1991, who maybe had their family killed by an American bomb, their support system whisked away from them, someone who, instead of being 59, as I was when Nick died, was 5-years-old or 10-years-old. And then If I were that person, might I not learn how to fly a plane into a building or strap a bag of bombs to my back?

That's what is happening every time we kill an Iraqi, every time we kill anyone, we are creating a large number of people who are going to want vengeance. And, you know, when are we ever going to learn that that doesn't work?

O'BRIEN: There's an alternate reading, which would say at some point, Iraqis will say the insurgency is not OK -- that they'll be inspired by the death of Abu Musab al-Zarqawi in the sense of he was turned in, for example, we believe by his own No. 2, No. 3 leadership in his ranks.

And, that's actually them saying we do not want this kind of violence in our country. Experts whom we've spoken to this morning have said this is a critical moment where Iraqis need to figure out which direction the country is going to go. That would be an alternate reading to the scenario you're pointing to. (Watch how Iraqi leaders cheered after learning about al-Zarqawi's death -- 4:31)

BERG: Yes, well, I don't believe that scenario, because every time news of new atrocities committed by Americans in Iraq becomes public, more and more of the everyday Iraqi people who tried to hold out, who tried to be peaceful people lose it and join -- what we call the insurgency, and what I call the resistance, against the occupation of one sovereign nation.

O'BRIEN: There's a theory that a struggle for democracy, you know...

BERG: Democracy? Come on, you can't really believe that that's a democracy there when the people who are running the elections are holding guns. That's not democracy.

O'BRIEN: There's a theory that as they try to form some kind of government, that it's going to be brutal, it's going to be bloody, there's going to be loss, and that's the history of many countries -- and that's just what a lot of people pay for what they believe will be better than what they had under Saddam Hussein.

BERG: Well, you know, I'm not saying Saddam Hussein was a good man, but he's no worse than George Bush. Saddam Hussein didn't pull the trigger, didn't commit the rapes. Neither did George Bush. But both men are responsible for them under their reigns of terror.

I don't buy that. Iraq did not have al Qaeda in it. Al Qaeda supposedly killed my son.

Under Saddam Hussein, no al Qaeda. Under George Bush, al Qaeda.

Under Saddam Hussein, relative stability. Under George Bush, instability.

Under Saddam Hussein, about 30,000 deaths a year. Under George Bush, about 60,000 deaths a year. I don't get it. Why is it better to have George Bush the king of Iraq rather than Saddam Hussein?

O'BRIEN: Michael Berg is the father of Nicholas Berg, the young man, the young businessman who was beheaded so brutally in Iraq back in May of 2004.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/...iew/index.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 10:37 AM
Racist....that means you!

What a fucking pussy. I can't believe that people are this fucking dumb.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 10:38 AM

WOW.

I'd be partying with a 1/5 of Jack in my lap if I were Michael Berg....he's fucked

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 10:42 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Wow, that interview was cut short.lol

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 10:57 AM
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Shows that some people's political views trumps everything else, even having your son's head sawed off.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 11:14 AM
mannish boy

well fuck him then! LOL!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 11:27 AM
duh...duh....duh

Sounds like they have a martyr in the making there. Maybe they should've tried converting his son instead of killing him. Although, I really wonder if the son was the same way.

My '03 Sold.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 11:39 AM
BP
Keep your unicorns

He should do an interview with Ann Coulter. She'd tear him a new one. The worst statement I see is about the elections with guns. Without troops guarding the polls no one would have shown up and if they did the bad guys with guns would have shot them, either way it had to be done with guns. We sure as hell wouldn't have put the current prime minister in power if given a choice.

Poor guy, I'm sorry for his loss but his political views are pretty whacked out. Either he grew up in Cape Cod, went to Berkeley or his mind has been polluted by Michael Moore and crew.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 01:02 PM Thread Starter
Worship me

He's just another moron who is out of touch with reality. We have a lot of them in this country.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 01:26 PM
Lifer

Man, what kind of parent doesn't wish terrible things to the person who murders their child?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90 Notch
Man, what kind of parent doesn't wish terrible things to the person who murders their child?
That's what was I was thinking. If some SOB did that to my daughter I would have pursued the bastard till my last breath.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
Worship me

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDMike
That's what was I was thinking. If some SOB did that to my daughter I would have pursued the bastard till my last breath.
LOL, I'd be in Iraq myself hunting that rat fuck son of a whore.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 02:30 PM
D
Sofa Kingdom

Soledad O'Brien is sexy.

That guy is a flame. I felt bad for him until now.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement