The USA can't beat China - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 125 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 11:55 AM Thread Starter
Married Man on 14Feb2010

The USA can't beat China

http://www.insightmag.com/Media/Medi...eastasia_1.htm

Quote:
Most Asian officials have expressed their views privately. Tokyo Governor Shintaro Ishihara has gone public, warning that the United States would lose any war with China.
Mr. Ishihara said U.S. ground forces, with the exception of the Marines, are "extremely incompetent" and would be unable to stem a Chinese conventional attack. Indeed, he asserted that China would not hesitate to use nuclear weapons against Asian and American citiesóeven at the risk of a massive U.S. retaliation.

The governor said the U.S. military could not counter a wave of millions of Chinese soldiers prepared to die in any onslaught against U.S. forces. After 2,000 casualties, he said, the U.S. military would be forced to withdraw.
Is that a jab in the eye, because of the cut and run policy some want for Iraq?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 125 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 12:02 PM
Lifer

Personally I think we'd be royally fucked also if we had to have a serious all out war againt North Korea and China.
post #3 of 125 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 12:04 PM
Lifer

Then it's a good fucking thing we've got nuclear subs and aircraft carriers in addition to our ground forces.

We could take out ANY country's control and command abilities, at ANY time, without question. Doesn't mean we could contain the remaining population, but if it comes down to it, I don't think we'd care. It would take them years to restructure a government.

...which we could then take out again btw. F China.

post #4 of 125 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 12:04 PM
Worship me

Bring em the fuck on and we'll find out. If either country attacked us I'd sign up tomorrow.
post #5 of 125 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 12:07 PM
Racist....that means you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Tbird
Then it's a good fucking thing we've got nuclear subs and aircraft carriers in addition to our ground forces.

We could take out ANY country's control and command abilities, at ANY time, without question. Doesn't mean we could contain the remaining population, but if it comes down to it, I don't think we'd care. It would take them years to restructure a government.

Agreed. We would roast about 2 million in about 5 seconds, drop about 5 million gallons of napalm, and then send in the Marines to destroy anything else living.
Japan was one hell of an appointment before Fatman and Littleboy showed up.
post #6 of 125 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 12:11 PM
Time Served

They may have strength in numbers, but a well laid out military strategy will vastly overwhelm any large force. If they were smart however, the US would use large amounts of ICBM's (which we still have) and take out large numbers of their forces. Neither country has a very substantial Air Force to counter any American assault. China and North Korea have the worst human rights records of any country outside of Africa. China nor North Korea would take into account the mass numbers of their own population that would turn against them. The ensuing civil war would bring them down a long time before any significant number of American soldiers were killed. Are these theories based on the U.S. invading them or a first strike coming from either of them?

06 Cummins, Bully Dog'd!

Suck, Squeeze, Boom, Blow!!
Even internal combustion can sound naughty!
post #7 of 125 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 12:14 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

If the Chinese landed their ships on our soil, they would have no problem taking out our military. But with all of the guns in this country, do you really think that they'd be able to take over the entire place?

I highly doubt it.

post #8 of 125 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 12:15 PM
duh...duh....duh

1. Their numbers mean much less if they are invading us. You can only drop/ship so many over at a time.

2. Yeah, we'd have a rough time invading China using conventional warfare. I think we'd likely lose due to numbers.

3. Once the nukes are out, no one wins. They will be annihalated, just like we would. How can you declare a winner after that? Maybe the one with the most people living underground? That would change after food supplies run short.

4. I don't really want to find out anyway.

My '03 Sold.
post #9 of 125 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geof
If the Chinese landed their ships on our soil, they would have no problem taking out our military. But with all of the guns in this country, do you really think that they'd be able to take over the entire place?

I highly doubt it.
They would have no problem taking out our military? We have the most highly trained and elite military in the world, the most intelligent weapons, technology out the ass, and plenty of civillians with guns.

Our military would fucking decimate any and every force that thinks they can come close to a fight. We would and will fucking annihilate any enemy that presents itself on American soil.
post #10 of 125 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 12:18 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
They would have no problem taking out our military? We have the most highly trained and elite military in the world, the most intelligent weapons, technology out the ass, and plenty of civillians with guns.

Our military would fucking decimate any and every force that thinks they can come close to a fight. We would and will fucking annihilate any enemy that presents itself on American soil.
Never underestimate the less technological.
post #11 of 125 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 12:19 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceyko

4. I don't really want to find out anyway.
Agreed. I think the nukes would be brought out way too soon. It would be a very bad judgement call for either nation to engage in any sort of war. This would be one of those lose, lose situations.

06 Cummins, Bully Dog'd!

post #12 of 125 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 12:20 PM

The only way any country can truely threaten us would be to have nuclear/biological/chemical weapons planted at all major military bases and major cities. They all go off at once and we have no idea who to blame. We would be plunged into chaos and would have a repeat of the LA riots, because the stupid under belly of society would take advantage of the situation. We would be too busy trying to police ourselves to fight any enemy.
post #13 of 125 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 12:22 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_Ole_Red

You think all of us Texas boys and girls have vast amounts of technology loaded into our 12 gauges, handguns and deer rifles? The masses would engage the enemy if it was pressed upon us.

06 Cummins, Bully Dog'd!

post #14 of 125 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 12:23 PM

Quote:
I never underestimate any enemy, but I am also not afraid of some little chinese fucker that has had a third of the training and has half the will to fight.
Marines fought off incoming enemy on top of a hill with fucking rocks and sticks. Rocks and sticks!!!!!
The military will remove all doubt what so ever from you David that we have competition. Go to the Marines and you will understand.
post #15 of 125 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 12:25 PM
Time Served

No matter what the outcome, the American Way of Life will never be extinguished. Period. You can never stomp out someones struggle to be free.

06 Cummins, Bully Dog'd!

post #16 of 125 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 12:27 PM
duh...duh....duh

Jester, you're assuming if they invade us. I too am confident in our self-defense capabilities. Although they have not been tested in awhile, and I don't count chicken terrorist tactics as a true invasion.

It is a totally different story if we go over to their front door to issue a spanking. We may win, but at a huge cost. Likely we would not win without some tricks up our sleeves.

Take care,

My '03 Sold.
post #17 of 125 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Jester, you're assuming if they invade us. I too am confident in our self-defense capabilities. Although they have not been tested in awhile, and I don't count chicken terrorist tactics as a true invasion.

It is a totally different story if we go over to their front door to issue a spanking. We may win, but at a huge cost. Likely we would not win without some tricks up our sleeves.

Take care,
No, I am not assuming anything. If they invade, we will slaughter.....yes, we will be totally discombobulated for a short time, but then we would bring hell. But, the terrorist way of attacking would be the way to do it.........create chaos and then send in the troops.

Now, you are right, if we invaded, it would be messy. We would win if the liberal media would let us go in and do our fucking jobs.
post #18 of 125 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 12:35 PM
duh...duh....duh

Yup, the media is actually our biggest enemy.

My '03 Sold.
post #19 of 125 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Yup, the media is actually our biggest enemy.
No matter what, they would make it look like it is our fault and that we should have known all along and blahblahblahblah.

God Bless Fox News!
post #20 of 125 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 12:38 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I never underestimate any enemy, but I am also not afraid of some little chinese fucker that has had a third of the training and has half the will to fight.
Marines fought off incoming enemy on top of a hill with fucking rocks and sticks. Rocks and sticks!!!!!
The military will remove all doubt what so ever from you David that we have competition. Go to the Marines and you will understand.
And the the North Vietnamese Army managed to hold off the World strongest super power for 10 yrs with nothing but hand me downs from other countries.

Politics got us fucked there, and it'll get us fucked today.
post #21 of 125 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 12:39 PM

Quote:
And the the Vietnamese Army managed to hold off the World strongest super power for 10 yrs with nothing but hand me downs.
And the liberal hippy media!!!!!!! We could have ended that shit in a less than 4 years if good ole Jane Fonda would have been stabbed to death.

Politics only got fucked because of all of the jack offs that atend schools like Berkley. We need a nice dose of Macarthyism!!!!!!!!!!!
post #22 of 125 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 12:44 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverNBLack00
You think all of us Texas boys and girls have vast amounts of technology loaded into our 12 gauges, handguns and deer rifles? The masses would engage the enemy if it was pressed upon us.
Did I not just say that?

All my MGs and other guns wouldnt mean crap when a missle is coming in or they start rolling in armor.

Ask the French.

Personally If we hit first, I think we'd have a chance. If not and they managed to start a massive ground war, here or there, we'll have a hell of a time.
post #23 of 125 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 12:52 PM
v2004 rebooted.

Quote:
I never underestimate any enemy

You underestimated me when I punched you in the balls at J Gilligans.
post #24 of 125 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 12:58 PM

There wouldn't be a major ground war. A ground invastion would commence when one country cannot mobilize any kind of serious attack. It would be mostly an air/missle/sea war for a long time. As stated above if nukes are used then we are all fucked.

Because we now live in a global ecomony everyone would be screwed.

This isn't about political manueverabilty....the jabs in the media is all about economics positioning over Taiwan.

Murph

1992 Taurus Half-Breed
whining alternator pulley

Domestic with an Import heart.
post #25 of 125 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 01:12 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

I think we just split up the world.

China take a half. We'll take a half. We'll carve up the Middle East to have equitable shares of the oil in the ground.
post #26 of 125 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by talisman
You underestimated me when I punched you in the balls at J Gilligans.
I said I never underestimate my enemies........I underestimate my dumbass buddies all the time. Had you been my enemy, they would still be mopping pieces of your ass off the .
post #27 of 125 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 01:23 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
I think we just split up the world.

China take a half. We'll take a half. We'll carve up the Middle East to have equitable shares of the oil in the ground.
I like it!
post #28 of 125 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 01:36 PM
I Brake (For) Bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Tbird

lol i w thought the exact same thing when i read this

Who needs please when we've got guns?
post #29 of 125 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 01:44 PM
The Janitor

The problem isnt if china attacks us , but rather japan . Thanks to some economic fire under china that is growing thanks to our stoking it, china is fighting hard for the resources of Asia, competing more and more with Japan , increasing tension. The tension is made worse with old memories of Japanese oppression.

I find his statements stinging, but true. Our american public is a bunch of weak-kneed pussies. Its shoking to hear it from a people who have been very pacifist since the bombs were dropped, however, and that gives it quite a lot of weight to her him discredit our resolve so emphatically.
post #30 of 125 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 02:13 PM
The land of no ho racing

well the way i see it is that middle eastern people chinese people are bred to DIE and in a way they know when they are born they are soldiers and dieing is a cause and a advancement to them. americans on the other hand pray that they dont get hurt in any situation... we fly over a target and bomb it in the safest way possible... those kinda people fly over and bomb a target and keep going till they get killed.. the only thing i think we would have over them is the fact they cant get to our main land and if they did there is to many races and people that train them selves daily to kill eachother.... and of course the drunken red neck theory personally i think wed be fine but then again i dont keep up with polotics so i dont know nothing about this stuff
post #31 of 125 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 03:17 PM
Lifer

Quote:
The only way any country can truely threaten us would be to have nuclear/biological/chemical weapons planted at all major military bases and major cities.
I personally think if our country were ever to be taken down it will be without a shot ever being fired. How many "American owned Companies " are left out there? How many of these companies have a genuine interest in what happens here and not just care about how much money can be made and how fast they can expand into other countries. How many THOUSANDS of illegals cross the borders every year and gain illegal licenses and voter registration cards (I know of 3) and they vote by how their country would benefit if OUR laws were more lax. I wont ever give up on our country but I think half the politicians in office right now would sell us out for a buck or 2 to advance their agenda no matter what the cost to our country. Not trying to hijack your thread just something thatís been on my mind.

Mopar63

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
post #32 of 125 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 03:28 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasDevilDog
http://www.insightmag.com/Media/Medi...eastasia_1.htm

Is that a jab in the eye, because of the cut and run policy some want for Iraq?

Saddam said the same thing too about us when we came over there. But im not worried about China one bit and why would we fight a conventional war? i suppose he didnt watch CNN and see the Thousands of bombs dropped that demoralized the Iraqis before we even crossed th borders.

05 Yamaha R6- Not stock anymore
90 Eagle Talon TSi- Yeah it's slow
post #33 of 125 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 03:33 PM
v2004 rebooted.

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopar63
I personally think if our country were ever to be taken down it will be without a shot ever being fired. How many "American owned Companies " are left out there? How many of these companies have a genuine interest in what happens here and not just care about how much money can be made and how fast they can expand into other countries. How many THOUSANDS of illegals cross the borders every year and gain illegal licenses and voter registration cards (I know of 3) and they vote by how their country would benefit if OUR laws were more lax. I wont ever give up on our country but I think half the politicians in office right now would sell us out for a buck or 2 to advance their agenda no matter what the cost to our country. Not trying to hijack your thread just something thatís been on my mind.

I'll drink to that.
post #34 of 125 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 03:41 PM
ebay pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopar63

Correct, between our politicians and the "multi-national" corporations based here, America as we knew it is evaporating before our eyes. Probably the best thing to do is learn from the British, they lost thier title as a "world leader" about 80 years ago( to the USA), and even did without going to war . Let the Chinese be the world's policemen, then everyone can hate them, as they do us now.

Scott
post #35 of 125 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 03:55 PM
Mavs Fan For Life!

Quote:

yep, I am sure Russia can atest to that when they were in Afghanistan.

And I agree with another post about foreign companies investing/buying American companies. I remember a few years ago when WalMart's AD campaigns were pushing hard "MADE IN USA" or something to that effect. where are those ads and slogans now. But some of the fault has to be put on the citizens of this country....Me, guy next door, all of us. We should really quit letting these politicans do things as they see fit, and then we come onto this board or wherever and bitch about it. But yes 100 yrs from now...America will be a fading memory in the anals of history
post #36 of 125 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 03:56 PM
Mavs Fan For Life!

ooohhh and the US can beat China on Command and Conquer. I kick their ass all the time
post #37 of 125 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 03:59 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefehbk
But yes 100 yrs from now...America will be a fading memory in the anals of history

Not so much.

America as a country will never disappear. Just like the United Kingdom hasn't and won't.

06 Cummins, Bully Dog'd!

post #38 of 125 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 04:05 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Not so much.

America as a country will never disappear. Just like the United Kingdom hasn't and won't.
They've said the same about other empires.
post #39 of 125 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 04:07 PM
v2004 rebooted.

Quote:
Not so much.

Don't count on it. UK is an island, a little bit tougher for its demographic to change. It may not be gone 100%, but I'd be willing to bet that some time in the not so distant millinias, it ends up being about the size of Rhode Island and is nothing like its current incarnations namesake.
post #40 of 125 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 04:15 PM
Time Served

Well, any of our lifetimes anyway. Or even our childrens lifetimes. Or rise has been swift compared to most other cultures. We have more cultural diversity then most of those nations that have risen and fallen in such a short span. The one true characteristic that will carry us longer then those, is the ability to adapt. Our empathy as a nation is both an asset and a drawback. Where other countries have failed in allowing freedom, we have strived, despite the Jerry Falwell's and the Religous groups. Most cultures fail due to intolerance, civil war, and a determination to gain more land. We have had both of the former,and continue to be a strong world power. I have not seen any struggle for more land or to "rule" a larger section of the world. I don't considering Human Rights Policing to be a "determination to gainmore land". With the current administration out of office,(I used be a firm George Bush backer) I believe we will continue to see more of a focus on homeland issues. Thus strengthening our resolve to maintain freedoms for all of us.

06 Cummins, Bully Dog'd!

post #41 of 125 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 04:40 PM
v2004 rebooted.

While strengthening resolve sounds great in sound clips during campaigns, it does little for our entire culture being sold out to other countries, who, while taking our jobs, export thier degenerates to us to provide free healthcare, while the rest of us pay for it with our new lower paying job since our original one was moved to Taiwan.
post #42 of 125 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 04:52 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by talisman
While strengthening resolve sounds great in sound clips during campaigns, it does little for our entire culture being sold out to other countries, who, while taking our jobs, export thier degenerates to us to provide free healthcare, while the rest of us pay for it with our new lower paying job since our original one was moved to Taiwan.
I agree with that statement. I think we as a nation have probably brought this upon ourselves, and there is a correction coming. I may be naive in believing in the system, but still have hope for the system to work. Why do you think all the jobs have gone overseas? Do you think Non-American CEO's propagated that? Profit margin has dictated where the jobs go. Who sets those goals? Americans.

06 Cummins, Bully Dog'd!

post #43 of 125 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 04:56 PM
v2004 rebooted.

Quote:
I agree with that statement. I think we as a nation have probably brought this upon ourselves, and there is a correction coming. I may be naive in believing in the system, but still have hope for the system to work. Why do you think all the jobs have gone overseas? Do you think Non-American CEO's propagated that? Profit margin has dictated where the jobs go. Who sets those goals? Americans.

I agree. This country is its' own worst enemy. We're only fucking ourselves over in the long run.
post #44 of 125 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 04:58 PM
07 TBSS

China in reality isn't that technologically behind us. On top of that they have non nuclear long range ICBM's that can hit cali, if so inclined. I have no doubt in my mind that we would win, however it wouldn't be through masses of ground forces crawling their way through the country. It would be many upon many strategic attacks from the air and naval cruise missiles.

07 TBSS mods inc
post #45 of 125 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 05:02 PM
ebay pimp

Quote:
Very correct, but who are these people who sold us out? not ordinary Americans I assure you. Our industries and good jobs were shipped out by the CEO's and boardmembers who are George W Bush's powerbase. This country has been ruined by the greed of the billionaires. Could Bush have stopped it? No!! But he did hold open the door while these folk raided the cookie jar.....and they in turn drop coins in Bush's $250 million election campaign coffers on thier way out!

Scott
post #46 of 125 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 05:25 PM
Worship me

Quote:
Originally Posted by White trash wagon
Very correct, but who are these people who sold us out? not ordinary Americans I assure you. Our industries and good jobs were shipped out by the CEO's and boardmembers who are George W Bush's powerbase. This country has been ruined by the greed of the billionaires. Could Bush have stopped it? No!! But he did hold open the door while these folk raided the cookie jar.....and they in turn drop coins in Bush's $250 million election campaign coffers on thier way out!

Scott
It's not the people at the top that have done this. Even the most powerful CEO is controlled by one thing. Share price. Allegiance to share price and market cap are what is driving profitability at all costs. The people who demand the highest share price are pension funds, mutual fund managers, etc...

Basically it is you and me that cause this, because we want return on investment from our banks and investment houses who then drive these fuckers to be efficient.

Top Institutional shareholders of Exxon Mobil (shares owned, percent ownership, dollar value of shares, reporting date):
AMERICAN INTERNATIONAL GROUP, INC 313,263,698 5.03 $19,904,775,370 30-Sep-05
BARCLAYS BANK PLC 262,207,500 4.21 $16,660,664,550 30-Sep-05
STATE STREET CORPORATION 195,385,979 3.14 $12,414,825,105 30-Sep-05
VANGUARD GROUP, INC. (THE) 149,249,237 2.40 $9,483,296,518 30-Sep-05
FMR CORPORATION (FIDELITY MANAGEMENT & RESEARCH CORP) 143,808,813 2.31 $9,137,611,978 30-Sep-05
JP MORGAN CHASE & COMPANY 111,034,592 1.78 $7,055,137,975 30-Sep-05
Mellon Financial Corporation 101,502,883 1.63 $6,449,493,185 30-Sep-05
NORTHERN TRUST CORPORATION 90,650,332 1.46 $5,759,922,095 30-Sep-05
CAPITAL RESEARCH AND MANAGEMENT COMPANY 73,564,100 1.18 $4,674,262,914 30-Sep-05
AXA 70,126,419 1.13 $4,030,165,299 30-Jun-05

Wal-mart:

TOP INSTITUTIONAL HOLDERS

Holder Shares % Out Value* Reported
BARCLAYS BANK PLC 120,934,368 2.91 $5,299,344,005 30-Sep-05
FMR CORPORATION (FIDELITY MANAGEMENT & RESEARCH CORP) 97,879,656 2.35 $4,289,086,525 30-Sep-05
STATE STREET CORPORATION 78,053,544 1.88 $3,420,306,298 30-Sep-05
VANGUARD GROUP, INC. (THE) 58,811,843 1.41 $2,577,134,960 30-Sep-05
CAPITAL RESEARCH AND MANAGEMENT COMPANY 43,225,400 1.04 $1,894,137,028 30-Sep-05
DODGE & COX INC 39,887,443 .96 $1,747,867,752 30-Sep-05
NORTHERN TRUST CORPORATION 33,115,200 .80 $1,451,108,064 30-Sep-05
Mellon Financial Corporation 31,581,183 .76 $1,383,887,439 30-Sep-05
PRICE (T.ROWE) ASSOCIATES 29,945,184 .72 $1,312,197,962 30-Sep-05
MORGAN STANLEY 28,022,371 .67 $1,227,940,297 30-Sep-05

TOP MUTUAL FUND HOLDERS

Holder Shares % Out Value* Reported
VANGUARD 500 INDEX FUND 31,908,934 .77 $1,538,010,618 30-Jun-05
DODGE & COX STOCK FUND 22,400,000 .54 $981,568,000 30-Sep-05
FIDELITY MAGELLAN FUND INC 19,194,240 .46 $925,162,368 30-Jun-05
SPDR TRUST SERIES 1 18,634,599 .45 $991,360,666 30-Sep-04
COLLEGE RETIREMENT EQUITIES FUND-STOCK ACCOUNT 16,678,940 .40 $803,924,908 30-Jun-05
VANGUARD INSTITUTIONAL INDEX FUND-INSTITUTIONAL INDEX FD 15,718,438 .38 $757,628,711 30-Jun-05
AMERICAN BALANCED FUND 15,500,000 .37 $747,100,000 30-Jun-05
AMERICAN CENTURY ULTRA 13,999,000 .34 $674,751,800 30-Jun-05
WASHINGTON MUTUAL INVESTORS FUND 12,300,000 .30 $592,860,000 30-Jun-05
FIDELITY GROWTH & INCOME PORTFOLIO 11,564,300 .28 $570,698,205 31-Jul-05

Actually the best thing that we can hope for in the long run is that the Chinese catch up to us as fast as humanly possible in regards to modern life because their society will run in to the same problems we have. It won't be cheap to make shit in China forever because the balance is being tilted as we speak.

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order." - Ed Howdershelt
post #47 of 125 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 05:30 PM
07 TBSS

Ok, you guys are gettin waaaay off track here. The jap said we couldn't beat china in a war, not that were whores selling ourselves to the market for $$$.

07 TBSS mods inc
post #48 of 125 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 05:36 PM
ebay pimp

Al P, I hope your right. But the Chinese have suffered and lived in dire straights for thousands of years, so they have RESOLVE, willpower like we've never known. Americans are almost entirely driven by greed and materialism, not the stuff a deadly fighting force is made of.

Some think that eventually wages & prices will even out over the whole world, and we can all be one happy family (vaguely smacks of socialism, though).

It would be great, but greed, envy and fear are POWERFULL . But we are toast if it comes to war. Even if we succeeded in killing a BILLION Chinese there would still be a billion left.

Scott
post #49 of 125 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 05:52 PM
Worship me

Quote:
Al P, I hope your right. But the Chinese have suffered and lived in dire straights for thousands of years, so they have RESOLVE, willpower like we've never known. Americans are almost entirely driven by greed and materialism, not the stuff a deadly fighting force is made of.

Some think that eventually wages & prices will even out over the whole world, and we can all be one happy family (vaguely smacks of socialism, though).

It would be great, but greed, envy and fear are POWERFULL . But we are toast if it comes to war. Even if we succeeded in killing a BILLION Chinese there would still be a billion left.

Scott
There are a few things you can count on this world, among them are greed, materialism and corruption. The Chinese have them just like everyone else.
post #50 of 125 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 06:20 PM
Time Served

Quote:
But we are toast if it comes to war. Even if we succeeded in killing a BILLION Chinese there would still be a billion left.

Scott
You believe every last Chinese citizen would die to save a country that has made it abundantly clear they care nothing about the civil or human rights of its own citizens? They may have strength in numbers but would fall quickly to disease, power outages, food shortages, lack of water, etc. There logistics in delivering supplies to the many would be overcome quickly and they would fall prey to attrition. Basically we could lay siege to them in their own cities, by cutting off supply lines. As far as them invading or attacking us on our home turf, they have neither the ability nor the logistical capability to attack us. Any such move would be extremely devastating to their campaign. They have non-nuclear ICBM's that may reach Cali, but we still have many upon many ICBM's, nuclear or otherwise they are capable of striking anywhere in mainland China.

06 Cummins, Bully Dog'd!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement