Saudi teacher jailed - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 08:08 AM Thread Starter
Meeeeooowww

Saudi teacher jailed

There are good Muslims in the world and he looks to be one of them.
Speaks out against the dirka dirka jihads and gets arrested.
I think he should be airlifted out of the magic kingdom by a SEAL team.

Saudis slated for jailing teacher

Public practice of a religion other than Islam is banned
A court in Saudi Arabia has been criticised for sentencing a teacher to over three years in prison and 750 lashes for mocking Islam.
Human Rights Watch says the Saudi judiciary is imprisoning people who advocate genuine educational reform.

Mohammed al-Harbi was found guilty of promoting "dubious ideologies" and preventing students from going to wash for prayer.

He says he is the victim of a campaign organised by religious conservatives.

Mr Harbi was taken to court by a group of teachers and students at his school in al-Qassim Province, north of Riyadh.

Mr Harbi says they were angered by his criticism of militants who have carried out a series of attacks in the kingdom over the last two and a half years.

'Persecution'

Mr Harbi discussed Christianity, Judaism and the dangers of terrorism with students, and posted signs against terrorism around his school, Human Rights Watch says.

He also reportedly encouraged his students to analyse differences between the Koran and the Sunna, a body of traditional sayings and customs attributed to the prophet Muhammad.

Sentencing Mr Harbi to 750 lashes and 40 months in prison on Saturday, Judge Abdullah Dakhil accused him of "trying to sow doubt in a student's creed".

Human Rights Watch condemned the courts decision for restricting freedom of expression.

"Despite recent education reforms, the Saudi government is imprisoning schoolteachers for having open discussions with their students," said Sarah Leah Whitson, its Middle East director.

"As long as schoolteachers face persecution for doing their job, Saudi children will lose out."

The BBC's Middle East analyst, Roger Hardy, says tensions between liberals and religious conservatives are a constant feature of Saudi life.

But liberals feel that, at a time when the authorities are anxious to show the world they oppose religious extremism and al-Qaeda-style violence, they should be supporting people like Mr Harbi, not sending them to jail, our correspondent says.

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/4446318.stm

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 09:20 AM
Married Man on 14Feb2010

I am surprised that the main stream news is carrying this story. I posted it two weeks ago from the Arab news site. https://dfwstangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=270921

Islam does not allow free thinking, free speach or freedom of religion.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 09:02 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasDevilDog
Islam does not allow free thinking, free speach or freedom of religion.
You sure couldn't call them a "liberal" could you?

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 09:33 PM
07 TBSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLAN
750 lashes for mocking Islam.
Holy shit! I don't think we beat our slaves that bad.

07 TBSS mods inc
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-09-2005, 04:41 AM
duh...duh....duh

That many lashes, I'd make sure I'm "into" beatings before I broke the law. Get some enjoyment out of it...up to lash # 20 or so.

Take care,

My '03 Sold.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-09-2005, 05:48 AM
Out

He won't live through 750 lashes... he'll pass out around 100 and probably bleed out near 200.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-09-2005, 07:36 AM Thread Starter
Meeeeooowww

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah
In holy Qur'an :

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

256. There is no compulsion in religion .Verily, the Right Path has become distinct from the wrong path . Whoever disbelieves in Taghut And believes in Allah, then he has grasped the most trustworthy handhold that will never break . And Allah is All-Hearer, All-Knower .
Surat Al-Baqarah

Awwww...what a cute lil terrorist.

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-09-2005, 08:31 AM
IA2

I believe that he is being made an "example" of.

The middle east is rotting away by continuing to embrace this radical idealology.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-09-2005, 08:47 AM
Out

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLAN
Awwww...what a cute lil terrorist.
I'd hit it!!!
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-09-2005, 07:26 PM
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah
In holy Qur'an :

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

256. There is no compulsion in religion .Verily, the Right Path has become distinct from the wrong path . Whoever disbelieves in Taghut And believes in Allah, then he has grasped the most trustworthy handhold that will never break . And Allah is All-Hearer, All-Knower .
Surat Al-Baqarah
Oh really?

Why does Saudi Arabia outlaw of other forms of religion for it citizens?

Explain why some countries in dar al-islam put servere restrictions on religions other than islam?

Are Jews and Christians treated equally in the tenants of islam? Please explain Jizyah to everyone?

What is the prescribed penalty for apostasy?

Please explain al-Takeyya so everyone knows your point of reference.

Time for some updates in the global war on terror, by the lastest fascists.

Last edited by TexasDevilDog; 12-09-2005 at 07:45 PM.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-09-2005, 07:56 PM
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
I'd hit it!!!
You are aspiring to be like muhammad? He married a six year old.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-09-2005, 10:24 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb
I believe that he is being made an "example" of.

The middle east is rotting away by continuing to embrace this radical idealology.
They have been "continuing to embrace" it now for about 2000 years.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-10-2005, 07:22 AM
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt
They have been "continuing to embrace" it now for about 2000 years.
Just 1400 years, muhammad started telling everyone he was a prophet in 7th century. He was kicked out of Jerusalem shortly after by the Jews and Christians and went to Mecca. There he told everyone he was a prophet of god and god was moving his holy city from Jerusalem to Mecca. They promptly kicked him out of there. He returned a year later will a band of people that he convinced of his prophetness and took control of the city. That was the first jihad for islam. Muhammad lead 78 military battles for jihad of other lands while he was alive.

The quarn says that he is the perfect example to follow. I wonder why there are so many terror attacks around the world.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-10-2005, 09:43 AM
Lifer

Sounds like David Koresh, RIH (rot in hell)
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-10-2005, 09:49 AM
duh...duh....duh

In short, would ya'll call Islam a peaceful religion or not? Or maybe peaceful if you're another Muslim only? Just curious, because I get confused trying to keep up on religions. As with everything, I've had good and bad experiences with Muslims. (Not counting stuff in the states...just overseas...Bosnia, Kuwait, Iraq, Aghan...Uzbekistan..)

Take care,

My '03 Sold.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-10-2005, 12:35 PM
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceyko
In short, would ya'll call Islam a peaceful religion or not? Or maybe peaceful if you're another Muslim only? Just curious, because I get confused trying to keep up on religions. As with everything, I've had good and bad experiences with Muslims. (Not counting stuff in the states...just overseas...Bosnia, Kuwait, Iraq, Aghan...Uzbekistan..)

Take care,

I would say that islam is more peaceful to islam, but not totally peaceful to itself.

I don't know how islam can be described as being tolerant toward other religions when it is said, in islam , that in the end days the rocks and trees will even help kill the jews.

Quote:
"The Day of Resurrection will not arrive until the Moslems make war against the Jews and kill them, and until a Jew hiding behind a rock and tree, and the rock and tree will say: 'Oh Moslem, oh servant of Allah, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him!'" (Sahih Bukhari 004.52.176)
Muslims on one hand, say that they are the same as Jews and Christians, having the same linage, sharing Abraham and Jesus with them, but state that they must kill all the Jews to make allah happy.
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-12-2005, 12:21 PM
Musician for the deaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceyko

Take care,
Just like any jewish sect, there are peaceful and not so peaceful groups.

For instance, Sufi muslims are very spiritual and humble.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-12-2005, 12:22 PM
Musician for the deaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasDevilDog
I would say that islam is more peaceful to islam, but not totally peaceful to itself.

I don't know how islam can be described as being tolerant toward other religions when it is said, in islam , that in the end days the rocks and trees will even help kill the jews.

Muslims on one hand, say that they are the same as Jews and Christians, having the same linage, sharing Abraham and Jesus with them, but state that they must kill all the Jews to make allah happy.
Not much of a stretch since it comes from that bloodthirsty trash in the Septuagint. I'd be ashamed to associate with any of it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement