Religion of Tolerance in Algeria - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-11-2005, 06:17 AM Thread Starter
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Religion of Tolerance in Algeria

http://www.sabcnews.com/africa/north...116046,00.html
Quote:
Algeria's cabinet today approved a draft law aimed at combating the growing influence of evangelical Christian groups in the overwhelmingly Muslim country. A cabinet meeting yesterday approved a Justice Ministry bill to restrict the practice of religions other than Islam, and reinforce Islam's constitutional status as the state religion, official media reported.

"The draft bill aims at filling a judicial loophole on the practice of religions other than Islam," the government said in a statement carried by official media. The bill must now be approved by parliament.
Can't islam stand on its own in a market of ideas?

Quote:
Christian missionary groups have carried out increasingly fervent campaigns in Algeria, offering financial help, medical treatment and visas to potential converts, especially in poor areas.
BAD Christians!

Quote:
Activities aimed at converting Muslims to Christianity are not tolerated elsewhere in the Arab world, where many constitutions use sharia law as a principle source of legislation.
Lies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-11-2005, 06:59 AM
ebay pimp

When the Christian Coalition takes over the USA, I'm sure Muslims will be banned here. Not that the Christian Coalition is unfair.....I'm sure they will give Muslims 30 days to leave the country before they start executing them

But seriously, your seeing the effect of poor muslim countries where most of the population is illiterate, so thier understanding of Islam comes from being taught verbally from Ayatollah's and other clerics who obviously have an agenda. At least in this country the population can read........that makes the masses a little harder to control.

In reality, the Muslims want to ge back to the stone age. The Christians just want to go back to the medeval ages.

Scott
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-11-2005, 09:14 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Religious broadcaster Pat Robertson warned residents of a rural Pennsylvania town Thursday that disaster may strike there because they "voted God out of your city" by ousting school board members who favored teaching intelligent design.
Quote:
Robertson made headlines this summer when he called on his daily show for the assassination of Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez.
Quote:
In October 2003, he suggested that the State Department be blown up with a nuclear device. He has also said that feminism encourages women to "kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians."
Christianity - religion of tolerance.

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-11-2005, 09:32 AM
Lifer

Yeah, he's a dumbass. And no one listens to him.

We're talking state-sanctioned in Algeria's case...
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-11-2005, 09:41 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Tbird
Yeah, he's a dumbass. And no one listens to him.

We're talking state-sanctioned in Algeria's case...
Bullshit. Many, many people listen to Pat Robertson.

As far as state sanction, news flash, not every country in the world has a separation of state and church in their beliefs.
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-11-2005, 10:06 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
As far as state sanction, news flash, not every country in the world has a separation of state and church in their beliefs.
Well, obviously, since that is the entire point of this thread.
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-11-2005, 10:43 AM Thread Starter
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Quote:
Christianity - religion of tolerance.

Good thing he can't make laws, huh.
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-11-2005, 10:44 AM Thread Starter
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Quote:

How many people went to Venezuela to kill Chavez?
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-11-2005, 01:37 PM

Quote:

how many is many? Pat Robertson is entitled to his opinion, albeit extreme, he can't implement his opinions in to law.

Did you see how many people stood up and disagreed with him when he talked about killing Chavez? Most Christians I don't think agree with him 100% when it comes to politics.
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-11-2005, 01:59 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

LMAO.

Christians with their head in the sand. Drink the kool-aid boys.

Quote:
A man arrested on suspicion of plotting to bomb abortion clinics came "perilously close to carrying out his plans" after casing clinics, studying bomb-making and buying material that could be used in an attack, according to the FBI and court documents.
Quote:
Jordi is "overzealous about the Lord," but not a violent person, Ward said

http://edition.cnn.com/2003/LAW/11/1...ics.arrest.ap/

Shall I continue with presenting Christian acts of terrorism in this century and continue with the the "religion of love" and the terror they bring to this country? Had Jordi had a first name of Abdul, we'd all hear about that Muslim terrorist trying to blow shit up.
post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-11-2005, 02:04 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Impossible, it must have been some Islamic sect funding them, not the Baptist church!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/south_asia/717775.stm
post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-11-2005, 02:06 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Im-fucking-possible, it had to be Muslims

Christian Terrorists Kill 44, Wound 118 in Attacks in Northeast India

GUWAHATI, India (AFP)
October 2, 2004

Some 44 people were killed and 118 wounded in three nearly simultaneous bomb blasts Saturday morning in Dimapur, Nagaland's commercial hub, in what a top official called the "worst ever terrorist strike" in the tiny state's history.

Gunmen in neighbouring Assam state later killed 15 villagers and injured a dozen more, police said.

"There were limbs everywhere and blood was splattered all over," said student leader T. Zheviho who was at crowded Dimapur railway station where one bomb exploded as passengers awaited a train.

Two other bombs went off in the Hong Kong market, which sells Chinese goods, and an adjacent market.

"I had a miraculous escape," Zheviho told AFP by telephone from Dimapur, 70 kilometers (45 miles) east of Nagaland capital Kohima.

Police said the plastic explosive RDX appeared to have been used in the railway blast that created a huge crater beside a platform.

"We found a briefcase with fuse wires... it contained RDX and a timer-device," V. Peseyie, Dimapur additional police chief, said.

Seventeen more people were killed in a wave of attacks in neighbouring Assam, police said.

Unidentified attackers raked shoppers with gunfire at a marketplace in Makri Jhora village, 290 kilometres (180 miles) west of Assam's main city of Guwahati, killing 11 and injuring about a dozen, police said.

The same gunmen later shot dead four more villagers in a nearby forest, police superintendent L. R. Bishnoi told AFP. Two more people were killed and 10 injured in two blasts in the Assamese district of Bongaingaon, 220 kilometres (136 miles) from Guwahati, Bishnoi said.

One person was killed and seven wounded in an earlier bomb blast in Assam.

Police also reported two other bombings in a village on the outskirts of Guwahati in which four people were injured.

There were no immediate claims of responsibility for the day of bloodshed in the insurgency-infested northeast where some 30 guerrilla groups are battling for greater autonomy or independence.

The attacks occurred as India marked the 135th anniversary of the birth of Mahatma Gandhi who waged a campaign of non-violence to free the country from British rule.

"It is distressing such violence broke out on the birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi," Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said in the capital New Delhi.

Nagaland's ill-equipped hospitals battled to treat the wounded.

"Many have multiple face and abdomen wounds. They're in a state of trauma. We're trying to cope. We've never had such a devastating emergency," said doctor T. Lotha at a private hospital in Dimapur treating blast victims.

Nagaland Chief Minister Neibhiu Rio said at least 26 people were killed in the Dimapur blasts and another 86 were in hospital. "The death toll may go up as many are in a very critical condition," he said.

"This is the worst ever terrorist strike in Nagaland. People are still dealing with the shock -- they're not yet thinking about who to blame."

Mourners crowded churches across Nagaland, which is mostly Christian, to pray for the victims.

The blasts were the second major burst of violence in the northeast since mid-August. Fifteen people, many of them children, were killed in a rebel attack on an Independence Day parade in Assam August 15 for which the United Liberation Front of Asom claimed responsibility.

The armed insurgency in Nagaland began soon after much of the local population converted to Christianity. Many militant groups, seeking to secede from India to form an independent Christian state, are funded and armed by the Southern Baptist Church. Some of the groups such as the National Liberation Front of Tripura have been involved in a campaign of “gunpoint conversions” and “ethnic cleansing” of native non-Christians, which has left over 50,000 dead and many more refugees over the past two decades.
post #13 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-11-2005, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Quote:
LMAO.

Christians with their head in the sand. Drink the kool-aid boys.
2003 ???? How about something from this month? I give you my list for Nov so far. How about you give me 10 attacks, no make it 2 for this month, not last year or the year before, but for this month.

====================
Date Country City #Killed #Injured Description

11/10/05 Pakistan Brabcha 6 6 Six members of the same family are killed in an al-Qaeda landmine blast. Six others sustain injury.
11/10/05 India Nadihal-Bandipora 1 0 A teacher is shot to death by Islamic militants.
11/10/05 Iraq Baghdad 33 24 Two suicide bombers target a packed restaurant, slaughtering over thirty people. The vast majority of the casualties are civilian.
11/10/05 Iraq Kirkuk 7 13 Seven Iraqis standing outside a recruiting center are killed in a Sunni car bombing. Thirteen others are injured.
11/9/05 India Tral 1 0 A civilian is gunned down by the Mujahideen in his village.
11/9/05 Afghanistan Shah Wali Kot 7 2 Seven policemen are killed in an ambush by religious extremists along a remote road. Two others are abducted.
11/9/05 Iraq Baghdad 6 31 Two Sunni car bombs detonate outside a Shiite mosque, killing six people and injuring thirty-one. Woman and children are among the casualties.
11/9/05 Jordan Amman 56 115 Three coordinated and horrific suicide bombings target hotels, including Days Inn and the Grand Hyatt. The worst damage was at the Radisson, where an al-Qaeda bomber walked into a wedding party and killed dozens, including several children.
11/9/05 Iraq Baqubah 7 9 Suicidal Sunni straps explosives to his body and kills three civilians and four policemen on patrol. Nine other people are injured.
11/8/05 Iraq Kirkuk 7 3 Six bound and executed corpses are discovered on the same day that Sunni insurgents kill a policeman with a car bomb.
11/8/05 Iraq Mustansiriyah 1 1 A car bomb explodes at a university, killing one civilian.
11/8/05 Iraq Basra 3 0 In two attacks, a journalist is shot to death by Islamic militants and a member of the Iraqi security forces is killed in a bombing along with his brother.
11/8/05 India Larkuti 2 0 Lashkar-e-Toiba terrorists invade the home of a council member's brother and sister-in-law to shoot both people to death.
11/8/05 India Lawaypora 1 19 The Mujahideen bomb a security patrol, injuring twenty people, one of whom later succumbs to his injuries.
11/8/05 Indonesia Poso 0 2 Two Christian 17-year-old girls are shot in the back of the head, execution syle, a few days after three others were beheaded.
11/7/05 Afghanistan Uruzgan 2 0 The Taliban abduct and behead two villagers.
11/7/05 India Indergam 1 0 The Mujahideen gun down a civilian in an apple orchard.
11/7/05 India Quil Muqam 2 0 Two civlians are killed in a Mujahideen bombing.
11/7/05 Sudan Darfur 18 16 Arab militias attack a series of villages, killing at least eighteen people.
11/7/05 Iraq Baghdad 5 0 A Fedayeen suicide bomber kills four U.S. soldiers on security patrol along with their civilian translator.
11/7/05 Iraq Baghdad 9 10 A suicide car bomber kills nine Iraqis and injures ten.
11/7/05 Thailand Yala 2 0 Muslim militants kill a villager and a Buddhist policeman in coordinated attacks.
11/6/05 Iraq Kut 21 0 Eleven bodies are found in Kut, five of which were beheaded. Ten others are found outside Baghdad to days later, bound and showing signs of torture.
11/6/05 Iraq Baghdad 3 7 Car bomb on a city street kills three civilians and injures seven.
11/6/05 India Kashmir 3 1 Terrorists shoot three villagers to death in separate attacks (Chakras, Batapora Sopore, Kulgam)
11/5/05 India Rajwar 1 0 A villager is gunned down by the Mujahideen.
11/5/05 Pakistan Mir Ali 3 0 Three children are killed by an al-Qaeda bomb that explodes prematurely.
11/5/05 Iraq Balad Ruz 13 3 Sunni insurgents machine-gun an infant to death along with twelve other Shia family members as they are returning from a minibus trip to a family cemetery.
11/4/05 Iraq Baghdad 4 2 Two Jihad attacks kill four, including a 10-year-old girl. Her mother and another child were seriously injured. Five policemen are killed in a separate bombing south of Kirkuk.
11/4/05 Iraq Bores 9 11 A brutal ambush on a police checkpoint by Islamic insurgents dressed as women leaves nine officers and eleven injured.
11/2/05 Iraq Musayyib 23 46 Twenty-three Shiites are killed when a minibus packed with explosives is detonated next to a mosque and a busy market.
11/2/05 Israel Kafr Mirka 1 0 An Israeli soldier is shot in the head by Palestinian gunmen while making an arrest. Soliders noticed suspicious movement nearby, but hesitated for fear of hitting civilians.
11/2/05 Chechnya Grozny 1 1 Jihadis use a landmine to kill a member of an engineering squad.
11/2/05 India Srinigar 10 18 Jaish-e-Mohammed kill a 10-year-old boy, a woman, and at least eight others with a suicide bombing in a residential neighborhood.
11/2/05 Afghanistan Bahramshah 5 0 A drug-fighting police unit is surprised by the Taliban, who take five officers prisoner, then cut off their heads.
11/2/05 Iraq Jurf al Naddaf 5 6 Five Iraqis in a private minibus are killed in a Jihadi roadside bombing attack.
11/2/05 Thailand Yala 1 0 A 32-year-old man is shot to death by Muslim militants as he is riding a motorcycle.
11/1/05 India Lamad-Bernai 1 1 Two civlians are abducted by the Mujahideen. One is strangled. The other is still missing.
post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-11-2005, 02:20 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasDevilDog
2003 ???? How about something from this month? I give you my list for Nov so far. How about you give me 10 attacks, no make it 2 for this month, not last year or the year before, but for this month.
So, in the religion of love and tolerance, a few incidents are ok? Hatefilled speech is ok as long as no one acts upon it?

And of course people like McVeigh, Eric Roudolph and other Christian Identity freaks aren't really Christian right?

News flash... over 50,000 non-Christians have been killed in India in the past two decades. Can you count up all the ones from Muslim terrorists against Christians please?

I mean we are dealing in absolute numbers and such.
post #15 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-11-2005, 02:35 PM Thread Starter
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Quote:
So, in the religion of love and tolerance, a few incidents are ok? Hatefilled speech is ok as long as no one acts upon it?

And of course people like McVeigh, Eric Roudolph and other Christian Identity freaks aren't really Christian right?

News flash... over 50,000 non-Christians have been killed in India in the past two decades. Can you count up all the ones from Muslim terrorists against Christians please?

I mean we are dealing in absolute numbers and such.
Why do you think a few incidents are ok?

Free speech will always inflame. Do you want thought people too?

McVeigh might have been a christian. He was wrong, even if he was a jew. You aren't going to find me side line cheering the murdering of anyone.

I don't get your point on the last part: 50,000 non-christians killed is terrible no matter what religion they are.
post #16 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-11-2005, 02:47 PM Thread Starter
Married Man on 14Feb2010

post #17 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-11-2005, 02:49 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Why do you think a few incidents are ok?

Free speech will always inflame. Do you want thought people too?

McVeigh might have been a christian. He was wrong, even if he was a jew. You aren't going to find me side line cheering the murdering of anyone.

I don't get your point on the last part: 50,000 non-christians killed is terrible no matter what religion they are.
Exactly my point and the Islam faith doesn't have a monopoly on hate filled speech or intolerance to the point of murder.
post #18 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-11-2005, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Quote:
Exactly my point and the Islam faith doesn't have a monopoly on hate filled speech or intolerance to the point of murder.
Never said they did, but thanks for clearing that up for everyone, in case they were confused as you were.
post #19 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-11-2005, 04:04 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Never said they did, but thanks for clearing that up for everyone, in case they were confused as you were.
Glad I could clear that up for you TDD.
post #20 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-12-2005, 03:24 AM

I may be stating the obvious but just because someone calls himself a christian dosent mean he really is a christian.

Everyone screws up... its the whole reason for Jesus to die on the cross.
So therefore everyone is a sinner for a fact -including all christians.

If everyone calls themselves christians and everyone believes different things then who is right.

People need to get to the root of what they believe. Starts with actually reading and knowing what the entire bible says if you say you believe in it. In todays world what is right by Gods standards isnt right by the worlds. And the reverse is also true, what is ok to do by the worlds standards is usually not ok by Gods rules.
Makes you wonder where your suppose to draw the line...

ps. it tells you where in the bible.
Love you guys, talk amongst yourselves.

ubil
post #21 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-12-2005, 03:40 AM
Which one's the clutch?

I think the point here is that when religion is taken to the "extreme" it is bad no matter what denomination. A lot of people take whats writen in the bible (or your religions equivlant) out of context to suit their own wills.

1987 Nissan pick up-wrecked
1984 Ponitiac grand am-sold
1988 Buick lasabre-sold
1987 Nissan 300zx-sold intake/exhaust
2001 Yamaha r6-sold slip on
2004 Yamaha r1-sold full exhaust
1991 Nissan 240sx-torn down,almost built up.
1994 toyota celica-blown up. exhaust
2005 Honda accord-daily.
post #22 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-12-2005, 10:20 AM Thread Starter
Married Man on 14Feb2010

The face value of each story by itself that I post, looks trivial and causes people to respond bringing up the crusades from a thousand years ago. Everyday, I could post up atleast one terror event or an islamo supremist event.

None of these people want to debate what would cause an idology of hyperbolic reaction to other people groups, but would state that it is ok because other people groups do stuff too.

This is from TODAY, not last week or two years ago.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,175385,00.html
Quote:
LAHORE , Pakistan — Hundreds of Muslims attacked and burned two churches in Pakistan on Saturday after reports that a Christian man had desecrated Islam's holy book. No one was injured in the blazes.

A school, student hostel and the home of a priest were also torched by the crowd of about 1,500 Muslims near the town of Sangla Hill, about 80 miles northeast of Lahore, said police official Ali Asghar Dogar.
What mentality causes people to attack two church because of the action of one man? Not just a few "extremist" but 1,500 people.

I am sure that some apologists would state that this is due to the culture of Pakistan even though it evolved a koran and two churches, but tomorrow there will be some other attack in a different part of the world. Different cultures but similar mentality toward over reaction to some situation that leads to death and/or destruction.

Last edited by TexasDevilDog; 11-12-2005 at 10:27 AM.
post #23 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-12-2005, 12:04 PM
Time Served

Thumbs up

Quote:
The face value of each story by itself that I post, looks trivial and causes people to respond bringing up the crusades from a thousand years ago. Everyday, I could post up atleast one terror event or an islamo supremist event.

None of these people want to debate what would cause an idology of hyperbolic reaction to other people groups, but would state that it is ok because other people groups do stuff too.

This is from TODAY, not last week or two years ago.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,175385,00.html

What mentality causes people to attack two church because of the action of one man? Not just a few "extremist" but 1,500 people.

I am sure that some apologists would state that this is due to the culture of Pakistan even though it evolved a koran and two churches, but tomorrow there will be some other attack in a different part of the world. Different cultures but similar mentality toward over reaction to some situation that leads to death and/or destruction.

I have to tell you TDD I am impressed by your resourcefullness. I personally think you should have your own website were you gather the clippings of news like you do, its great...I would check it out everyday.

All the things you have posted I believe are the things that must come to pass.....scary but true.

Keep it up.
post #24 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-12-2005, 01:29 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Hey, TDD how about showing all the muslims protesting and denouncing the attacks in Jordan? Maybe an update in the largest manhunt in Jordanian history to find the suicide bombers?

Or does that not fit into your agenda?
post #25 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-12-2005, 01:30 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360 notch for ur LS1
I may be stating the obvious but just because someone calls himself a christian dosent mean he really is a christian.
ubil
Ubil, exactly.
post #26 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-12-2005, 02:02 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Hey, TDD how about showing all the muslims protesting and denouncing the attacks in Jordan? Maybe an update in the largest manhunt in Jordanian history to find the suicide bombers?

Far to little, far to late wouldn't you say?....but hopefully good will come from this.
post #27 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-12-2005, 06:52 PM Thread Starter
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Quote:

I do like how you totally deflected from the post I made without rebutting it, but go on to another topic. The Jordan protests are interesting. I passed over this story a couple days ago but here you go.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051111/...n_explosion_84

Quote:
AMMAN, Jordan - Thousands of Jordanians rallied in the capital and other cities shouting "Burn in hell, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi!" a day after three deadly hotel bombings that killed at least 59 people. Officials suspected Iraqi involvement in the attacks, which were claimed by al-Qaida's Iraq branch.

In the West Bank village of Silet al-Thaher, members of the Akhras family mourned 13 of their relatives killed during a wedding party at the Radisson.

"Oh my God, oh my God. Is it possible that Arabs are killing Arabs, Muslims killing Muslims? For what did they do that?" screamed 35-year-old Najah Akhras, who lost two nieces in the attack. Similar thoughts were heard over and over throughout the West Bank and Gaza Strip.
I think the highlighted part is very telling, due to most people that talk to the media during such a high stress periods, speak from their heart.
post #28 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-12-2005, 09:00 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
I do like how you totally deflected from the post I made without rebutting it, but go on to another topic. The Jordan protests are interesting. I passed over this story a couple days ago but here you go.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051111/...n_explosion_84

I think the highlighted part is very telling, due to most people that talk to the media during such a high stress periods, speak from their heart.
I haven't totally deflected anything. Did I mention the crusades in this thread? Nope, that was you.

Again, I posted recent events by "Christians" and you tell me they aren't Christians. Yet they say they are.

Seems like you have a double standard. Christians couldn't possibly do anything wrong, because if they did, then they aren't Christians.
post #29 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-12-2005, 09:02 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT93Style
Far to little, far to late wouldn't you say?....but hopefully good will come from this.
I hear screaming on this site all the time (esp. from the TDD), why don't I see Muslims protesting regarding the terrorism?

There ya' go.
post #30 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-12-2005, 09:41 PM Thread Starter
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Quote:
I haven't totally deflected anything. Did I mention the crusades in this thread? Nope, that was you.
Sure you did, I post something about churches being burned down and you go off on a tangent about Jordan. I then mention some about Jordan for discussion and you go off again, now talking about double standards.

Seems like every time I post sometime all this line, you never discuss topic but want to go off on your tangents.
post #31 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-12-2005, 09:43 PM
Time Served

I think its important to infer, that the Gospel of Christ in America has, and will contiune to be hijacked by fools...such as Pat Robertson who glorify God with their lips but not in there hearts, those who have disorted something beautiful and true into trash...they we reap what they sow in time...turning away people from the Gospel by leaving a bad taste in their mouth with things which are not biblical.

"Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?' "And then I will declare to them, "I never knew you; Depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness.'
post #32 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 08:08 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Sure you did, I post something about churches being burned down and you go off on a tangent about Jordan. I then mention some about Jordan for discussion and you go off again, now talking about double standards.

Seems like every time I post sometime all this line, you never discuss topic but want to go off on your tangents.
No, it very typical, as part of your agenda to pick out the extreme Muslims and appear to make it mainstream.

When someone calls you out on it and shows you the extreme side of Christianity, you say well, they aren't Christian.

Typical hypocritical, close eared, don't clean up your own religion, just attack the other louder and stronger.
post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 05:17 PM Thread Starter
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Quote:
No, it very typical, as part of your agenda to pick out the extreme Muslims and appear to make it mainstream.

When someone calls you out on it and shows you the extreme side of Christianity, you say well, they aren't Christian.

Typical hypocritical, close eared, don't clean up your own religion, just attack the other louder and stronger.
Never once did I say someone wasn't Christian. The actions are not Christ like. Christ never told anyone to attack someone for their beliefs. Christ never told people not to befriend any other people group.

Is 1,500 people, an extremist group, from Pakistan that burn down two churches? Surely not, they are following the perfect example of muhammad, which he personal lead military battles, conquered other peoples, enslaved them, raped the captured women and executed the captured man.
post #34 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 06:22 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Never once did I say someone wasn't Christian. The actions are not Christ like. Christ never told anyone to attack someone for their beliefs. Christ never told people not to befriend any other people group.

Is 1,500 people, an extremist group, from Pakistan that burn down two churches? Surely not, they are following the perfect example of muhammad, which he personal lead military battles, conquered other peoples, enslaved them, raped the captured women and executed the captured man.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/3462901.stm

Oops... some one proclaiming Christianity and raping and killing children in this century.

Funny, I don't see Chrisitians in the streets around the world up in and arms against the Lord's Resistance Army.

Shall I keep going?

Point being their are extremists in ALL religions that will use "religion" to justify their purpose, in the case of LRA, the rape and murder of 1000s of children. In THIS century.

Quote:
He uses biblical references to explain why it is necessary to kill his own people, since they have - in his view - failed to support his cause.

"If the Acholi don't support us, they must be finished," he told one abductee.
Hmmm... sounds alot like Bin Laden.
post #35 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 07:38 PM
ebay pimp

Texas Devil Dog, it's obvious that you spend a LOT of time surfing the internet looking for any negative report related to any muslim group. Your sheer volume of these quoted reports and your commentary make it clear you put a lot of time and energy into this "crusade" (opps, Fruedian slip).

I don't know if you have a personal vendetta against muslims, or if your just jumping on the right wing christian "all islam is evil" bandwagon. But what 01white cobra, Dark Wolf, and myself have been trying to point out is any religion can be corrupted when it used for political reasons. Certain muslims factions fall into this corrupted category, as do some christian factions.

I know your tired of hearing about the crusades, and we all know both christians and muslims did some savage things then....but the crusades really happened and are a stain on the history of christianity, as are the Salem witch trials, the 30 years of terrorism in Ireland between the Catholics and Protestants ( thousands died from car bombs, etc).

Taken to the extreme, any religion can drive a person insane.

Lighten up dude, the muslims think they are just protecting thier culture/religion, they know they cannot fight us on even terms , so they resort to terrorism.

Hell, even the Continental army used what was then called terrorism to defeat the British in the Revolutionary war, we never could have defeated them in a conventional fight.

Scott
post #36 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Quote:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/3462901.stm

Hmmm... sounds alot like Bin Laden.
Nope, Bin Laden hasn't been indicted for crimes against humanity.

Quote:
On October 6, 2005 it was announced by the International Criminal Court (ICC) that arrest warrants had been issued for 5 members of the Lord's Resistance Army for crimes against humanity following a sealed indictment. On the next day Ugandan defense minister Amama Mbabazi revealed that the warrants include Joseph Kony, his deputy Vincent Otti, and LRA commanders Raska Lukwiya, Okot Odiambo and Dominic Ongwen.

A week later, on October 13, ICC Chief Prosecutor Luis Moreno Ocampo released details on Kony's indictment. There are 33 charges, 12 counts are crimes against humanity, which include murder, enslavement, sexual enslavement and rape. There are another 21 counts of war crimes which include murder, cruel treatment of civilians, intentionally directing an attack against a civilian population, pillaging, inducing rape, and forced enlisting of children into the rebel ranks. Ocampo said that "Kony was abducting girls to offer them as rewards to his commanders."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Kony
post #37 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 09:57 PM Thread Starter
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by White trash wagon
Texas Devil Dog, it's obvious that you spend a LOT of time surfing the internet looking for any negative report related to any muslim group. Your sheer volume of these quoted reports and your commentary make it clear you put a lot of time and energy into this "crusade" (opps, Fruedian slip).
Scott
Is it worst for me to bring up a story about wrong doing, then it is the wrong doing in the story?

Everyone has an agenda, mine is to highlight the stupifying mess that come from everyday news. 01WC agenda is to bring up history articles from years past.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement