Wake up, Europe, you've a war on your hands - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-06-2005, 09:49 PM Thread Starter
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Wake up, Europe, you've a war on your hands

http://www.suntimes.com/output/steyn...t-steyn06.html

Quote:
The French have been here before, of course. Seven-thirty-two. Not 7:32 Paris time, which is when the nightly Citroen-torching begins, but 732 A.D. -- as in one and a third millennia ago. By then, the Muslims had advanced a thousand miles north of Gibraltar to control Spain and southern France up to the banks of the Loire. In October 732, the Moorish general Abd al-Rahman and his Muslim army were not exactly at the gates of Paris, but they were within 200 miles, just south of the great Frankish shrine of St. Martin of Tours. Somewhere on the road between Poitiers and Tours, they met a Frankish force and, unlike other Christian armies in Europe, this one held its ground ''like a wall . . . a firm glacial mass,'' as the Chronicle of Isidore puts it. A week later, Abd al-Rahman was dead, the Muslims were heading south, and the French general, Charles, had earned himself the surname ''Martel'' -- or ''the Hammer.''
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 09:34 AM
IA2

Looks like from today's accounting that the "conflict" is about to spread beyond france's borders.

This is about to become extremely interesting.

It is entirely possible that we will see a major shift in parts of europe toward all things muslim if the europeans continue with their pacifist attitude.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 09:37 AM Thread Starter
Married Man on 14Feb2010

I read that it has spread to Brussels and Berlin, maybe it will only spread to cities that start with a B.

I think a huge back lash is coming, if they don't crack down and stop these people now.

Saturday and Jewish synagogue was burned, last night two churches.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 09:38 AM
PAN

Definitely intriguing. I'm wondering how long it will be before we are involved...
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 09:45 AM
Worship me

I'm waiting to see how many Frenchies have to die before someone starts shooting the rioters.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 10:01 AM Thread Starter
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P
I'm waiting to see how many Frenchies have to die before someone starts shooting the rioters.
The count started last night.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/inte...e-Rioting.html

Quote:
Rioting by French youths spread to 300 towns overnight, and a 61-year-old man hurt in the violence died of his wounds, the first fatality in 11 days of unrest that has shocked the country, police said Monday.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 10:21 AM
IA2

Crap, maybe this *is* the beginning of something big

World war 1 was started by the assasination of Archduke Ferdinand (Today: 2 youths electrcuted in an electrical substation). Conditions for war were already ripe due to nationalism and the building of military and alliances (Today: muslim youth angst about living & job conditions and the muslim leaders egging them on to violence). The assination was the trigger that started the war (Today: rioting in france).

World war 2 also included an assasination of a leader early on (Austrian chancellor Dollfuss) by the nazis, issues with living conditions in germany (high unemployment), and growing general discontent that the nazis used to foster nationalism and hate, and to promote themselves into power.

I see some parallels here with today's events and those in the past.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 10:38 AM Thread Starter
Married Man on 14Feb2010

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 11:37 AM
EW
Procrastination Racing

but islam is a religion of peace...
The best thing that can happen is that muslims keep this up until all of the world is against them.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 12:05 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
French Foreign Minister Philippe Douste-Blazy sought to reassure his European counterparts about visiting his country, telling them at a meeting in Brussels that "France is not a dangerous country. France is still a country where one can go."
Think I'll pass.

Quote:
France's biggest Muslim fundamentalist organization, the Union for Islamic Organizations of France, issued a fatwa, or religious decree, that forbade all those "who seek divine grace from taking part in any action that blindly strikes private or public property or can harm others."
http://www.breitbart.com/news/2005/11/07/D8DNQ4U80.html
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 12:34 PM
Never settle always excel

I'll laugh if try to start the shit in Germany, I was stationed there in the Army and the German Police kick the shit out of people and ask questions later. Of course they walk around with MP5s also, not really the guys that one wants to piss off.
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Quote:
France's biggest Muslim fundamentalist organization, the Union for Islamic Organizations of France, issued a fatwa, or religious decree, that forbade all those "who seek divine grace from taking part in any action that blindly strikes private or public property or can harm others."
Why would the UIOF do that? We have been told for days by the MSM that it isn't muslim rioting but disenfranchised youths without jobs?

Still conituning Monday night, though. It is probably Jews or neo-nazi doing the rioting because muslims were told to stop by an order of allah.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051107/...kxBHNlYwN0bQ--
Quote:
Rioters in the southern city of Toulouse set fire to an empty bus Monday evening, then pelted police with firebombs and rocks, an official said.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 12:50 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasDevilDog
Why would the UIOF do that? We have been told for days by the MSM that it isn't muslim rioting but disenfranchised youths without jobs?

Still conituning Monday night, though. It is probably Jews or neo-nazi doing the rioting because muslims were told to stop by an order of allah.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051107/...kxBHNlYwN0bQ--

No one is denying (I don't think) that the Muslim youth are involved in this. When you put people in a situation whereas 40% of the local area is unemployed, idle hands become busy. If 80% of those 40% are Muslim youth, then I'm glad their religion stepped in to try and set them straight.

Combine that with a strong sense of nationlism in France (we couldn't even sell our software to American companies in France until we produced a French language version) and you'll get trouble.

Compound that with the fact the police there would rather sip wine than fight crime (do I sound like Jesse?) and it's a time bomb waiting to happen.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 01:41 PM
Meeeeooowww

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
I'll laugh if try to start the shit in Germany, I was stationed there in the Army and the German Police kick the shit out of people and ask questions later. Of course they walk around with MP5s also, not really the guys that one wants to piss off.
I think we all know what happens when the krauts get serious.

post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 03:30 PM Thread Starter
Married Man on 14Feb2010

I think the US may need to send in the Marines soon to evacuate US civilians that are tourists in France. Normally we have to do this in banana republics during periods of unrest, but it might be needed in France too.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 04:12 PM
NOT the Oldest Fart HERE

I'm waiting for

France to ask America for help
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 04:27 PM
CJ
User may be editing post.

We'll help them.

nuke it.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 08:51 PM
07 TBSS

Well the only way well get our people out of there is if a situation occurs at OUR embassy. Were not gonna send support over there just for the hell of it. Besides we've got plenty of support just chillin in germany.

07 TBSS mods inc
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 09:59 PM
Never settle always excel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLAN
I think we all know what happens when the krauts get serious.
No really tell me what my Grandparents and cousins do seeing that my mother was born in Germany, maiden name is Von Voberg and I am half German?
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 10:08 PM
07 TBSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
No really tell me what my Grandparents and cousins do seeing that my mother was born in Germany, maiden name is Von Voberg and I am half German?
German's don't fuck around. Like someone esle said german police hold shit down, literally w/ thier N'er b good sticks. To date im the only one on here who has said to let them build up their military and go kick some ass.

07 TBSS mods inc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement