Consistency? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 08:00 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Consistency?

Assuming there are indictments handed down to Bush Administration members that are not for any crime associated with the CIA "leak" but for lying to the special investigator, will those who thought Clinton's lies were no big deal also think these lies are no big deal?

I personally think all lying to Grand Juries matter. I can't think they are important for Clinton and not for Bush Administration people.

I do think there are differences in these two instances, but that would come across as excuse making, and I am no longer a liberal, so I won't do that.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 10:39 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90 Notch
Assuming there are indictments handed down to Bush Administration members that are not for any crime associated with the CIA "leak" but for lying to the special investigator, will those who thought Clinton's lies were no big deal also think these lies are no big deal?

I personally think all lying to Grand Juries matter. I can't think they are important for Clinton and not for Bush Administration people.

I do think there are differences in these two instances, but that would come across as excuse making, and I am no longer a liberal, so I won't do that.
Lying is lying. Everyone must use their own moral compass to decide whether it is right or wrong.

The difference here is that in one instance someone gave up a CIA agent. In the other someone received a blow job and put some woman butter on a cigar tube.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005, 07:54 AM
Never settle always excel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
Lying is lying. Everyone must use their own moral compass to decide whether it is right or wrong.

The difference here is that in one instance someone gave up a CIA agent. In the other someone received a blow job and put some woman butter on a cigar tube.
Agreed they are both incorrect but one lie can have much stronger consequences. Especially when it causes the affect the CIA lie did versus the blow job lie. I mean even a high schooler can comprehend Clinton not wanting to own up to getting his freak on with the fat chick. On the other hand putting National Security at risk is base line treason. Hell the CIA leak exposed someone who served her country as a government agent fighting for our country and hung her out to dry. Clinton's lie made us look foolish and got the fat chick an HBO special, LOL. They should persue this lie the same way David Starr went after Clinton then impose whatever consequences our courts find just.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005, 08:21 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
They should persue this lie the same way David Starr went after Clinton then impose whatever consequences our courts find just.
"our courts"? Not for long.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005, 09:48 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Agreed they are both incorrect but one lie can have much stronger consequences. Especially when it causes the affect the CIA lie did versus the blow job lie. I mean even a high schooler can comprehend Clinton not wanting to own up to getting his freak on with the fat chick. On the other hand putting National Security at risk is base line treason. Hell the CIA leak exposed someone who served her country as a government agent fighting for our country and hung her out to dry. Clinton's lie made us look foolish and got the fat chick an HBO special, LOL. They should persue this lie the same way David Starr went after Clinton then impose whatever consequences our courts find just.
Since the title of this thread is consistency, what is your opinion of Sandy Berger stuffing documents pertaining to national security down his pants and stealing them? You don't think Clinton lying to a grand jury is the same as Libby, so maybe this is a little more appropriate since Berger's "lie" involves national security issues. I sure didn't hear the people who are calling for Libby's head saying much during that little episode.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005, 09:54 AM
Time Served

It also is pertinent to mention that Clinton was charged with lying to a grand jury, and Libby was charged with lying to a grand jury, and not with leaking classified information.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005, 09:57 AM
Never settle always excel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90 Notch
Since the title of this thread is consistency, what is your opinion of Sandy Berger stuffing documents pertaining to national security down his pants and stealing them? You don't think Clinton lying to a grand jury is the same as Libby, so maybe this is a little more appropriate since Berger's "lie" involves national security issues. I sure didn't hear the people who are calling for Libby's head saying much during that little episode.
Well Berger is guilty of removing documents that were sensitive in nature. He stuffed hand written notes and took other classified documentation if my memory serves me correctly. I haven't really heard much about it since the Summer of 04 but if he did in fact break federal laws or cause an issue with our national security then he needs to be held accountable in the courts and prosecuted.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005, 06:38 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Well Berger is guilty of removing documents that were sensitive in nature. He stuffed hand written notes and took other classified documentation if my memory serves me correctly. I haven't really heard much about it since the Summer of 04 but if he did in fact break federal laws or cause an issue with our national security then he needs to be held accountable in the courts and prosecuted.
I heard about it quite a bit on talk radio. They predicted it would be very low key and never hit the national news. I never heard any major Republicans calling it a huge scandal or blemish to Clinton's legacy.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

Sponsored Links
Advertisement