Will Bush have the balls... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 09:42 AM Thread Starter
T-MINUS

Will Bush have the balls...

Since Miers withdrew her nomination, will Bush have the balls to nominate an originalist or will he be pissed off and nominate another middle of the road candidate to appease the left?

I really really hope that he chooses the best person for the job based on their views of the constitution, not their closeness to Bush, race, gender, etc.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/miers_wit...NlYwMlJVRPUCUl

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 11:28 AM
Married Man on 14Feb2010

I think Bush will appoint some one that is far right. He already appointed someone that the democrats liked, but she quit. Too bad, move on.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 11:33 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt
Since Miers withdrew her nomination, will Bush have the balls to nominate an originalist or will he be pissed off and nominate another middle of the road candidate to appease the left?

I really really hope that he chooses the best person for the job based on their views of the constitution, not their closeness to Bush, race, gender, etc.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/miers_wit...NlYwMlJVRPUCUl
Sorry sir, but the Miers nomination was receiving criticism from both the right and left.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 12:33 PM
Never settle always excel

I think the right was correct to give him crap about Miers and I think it was correct for him to move on. I think he tried to put someone in office he trusted and it didn't work, he is no less for it.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 01:50 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
I think the right was correct to give him crap about Miers and I think it was correct for him to move on. I think he tried to put someone in office he trusted and it didn't work, he is no less for it.
Funny, only a liberal would think that. He did lose with his conservative base. he should be able to be loyal and find a trusted friend who is a staunch conservative.

I hope he reaches out to us with the next candidate.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90 Notch
Funny, only a liberal would think that. He did lose with his conservative base. he should be able to be loyal and find a trusted friend who is a staunch conservative.

It doesn't matter if I compliment Bush or degrade you feel the need to somehow call me a liberal and belittle my opinion. I suggest you get what most of us call a life. You sir are more liberal than I, you'd be surprised as to my true opinions versus the shit I talk on here to pull your respective chains. This is fun and just a forum for bs, reality is amazingly different.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 02:23 PM
Lifer

Quote:
It doesn't matter if I compliment Bush or degrade you feel the need to somehow call me a liberal and belittle my opinion. I suggest you get what most of us call a life. You sir are more liberal than I, you'd be surprised as to my true opinions versus the shit I talk on here to pull your respective chains. This is fun and just a forum for bs, reality is amazingly different.
Calm down dude, I consider myself a recovering liberal. I was once like you, thought Clinton was great, thought Republicans were the devil, and all that propaganda stuff put out by the libs. I got that life you say I don't have and now see how hateful I was. It was a very liberating experience. You should try it, either that or Prozac.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 02:26 PM
Time Served

Doesn't matter what he does, someone will complain. Its the new trend like all the teenie boppers wearing their hats crooked.......on purpose.

03 ProCharged Z06 - 706rwhp
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-28-2005, 04:33 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritle
Doesn't matter what he does, someone will complain. Its the new trend like all the teenie boppers wearing their hats crooked.......on purpose.
I think that the more there is to complain about the more complaints there are going to be.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
T-MINUS

I guess he did!

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 01:23 PM
Lifer

Quote:

Geez, notch. The guy tries to give an honest, non offensive opinion and the first thing you do is throw out the "L" word.
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Calm down dude, I consider myself a recovering liberal. I was once like you, thought Clinton was great, thought Republicans were the devil, and all that propaganda stuff put out by the libs. I got that life you say I don't have and now see how hateful I was. It was a very liberating experience. You should try it, either that or Prozac.
See that is where we differ I am well centered so I don't hold any issue with the dems or reps by party affiliation. I will bash them both equally as well as compliment them for their respective good ideas. I do see more hate talk come from Reps than I do Dems on average. That is because of this partuicular site and the way they have handled the past two elections. I don't consider it an issue though, if someone feels that way they are allowed to, after all this is America. I have never been a true liberal for I do not fit the mold nor I am a true conservative I find my ground somewhere in the middle. So please save your opinions about where I need to be to yourself, just because you consider that you yourself were lost does not mean I am or ever have been. If I choose to support a democrat over a republican that is my given right as an American who are you to tell anyone they are wrong?
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 01:47 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by line-em-up
Geez, notch. The guy tries to give an honest, non offensive opinion and the first thing you do is throw out the "L" word.
Since when is throwing out the "L" word to someone who is self-proclaimed to be one a problem?

I still haven't seen why a true liberal would be upset by the label. I am a father, a police officer, a Republican, a conservative, a traditionalist, and many ohter things, so call me something that is true, and I won't be offended.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 01:49 PM
Lifer

Quote:
See that is where we differ I am well centered so I don't hold any issue with the dems or reps by party affiliation. I will bash them both equally as well as compliment them for their respective good ideas. I do see more hate talk come from Reps than I do Dems on average. That is because of this partuicular site and the way they have handled the past two elections. I don't consider it an issue though, if someone feels that way they are allowed to, after all this is America. I have never been a true liberal for I do not fit the mold nor I am a true conservative I find my ground somewhere in the middle. So please save your opinions about where I need to be to yourself, just because you consider that you yourself were lost does not mean I am or ever have been. If I choose to support a democrat over a republican that is my given right as an American who are you to tell anyone they are wrong?
Funny, you are entitled to give your opinion but tell me not to give mine? Sounds like a true liberal to me. LOL!

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 01:50 PM
not exclude

Lol the "L" word is a modern day curse
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 01:56 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlude
Lol the "L" word is a modern day curse
And why is that?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Funny, you are entitled to give your opinion but tell me not to give mine? Sounds like a true liberal to me. LOL!
I am simply asking you to not push your opinions me, I have no problem with you stating them. I think it is funny how you think your opinion so correct that you can counsel me on what you were and where I need to be. I also am a father, I am also a teacher, a disabled veteran, politically moderate and have yet to see you say something positive about a dem or liberal. I on the other hand do not like GW for I feel he is lacks competency of course this is my opinion. I also see things about him I like but that it just to complex for you to comprehend it seems. I can choose to be a liberal if I wish or a conservative, I just don't fall solidly into either branch nor do I wish to do so.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 02:17 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I am simply asking you to not push your opinions me, I have no problem with you stating them. I think it is funny how you think your opinion so correct that you can counsel me on what you were and where I need to be. I also am a father, I am also a teacher, a disabled veteran, politically moderate and have yet to see you say something positive about a dem or liberal. I on the other hand do not like GW for I feel he is lacks competency of course this is my opinion. I also see things about him I like but that it just to complex for you to comprehend it seems. I can choose to be a liberal if I wish or a conservative, I just don't fall solidly into either branch nor do I wish to do so.
You really need to relax. Why would you post your opinions on an internet website and think someone giving theirs back is pushing you? That is just sad, and BTW, very typical liberal thinking. Sorry, but that is just the way I feel.

If you don't like the label of liberal, stop proclaiming yourself one and stop posting liberal opinions and the problem is solved.

I doubt you will find a conservative who thinks Clinton was great and Bush lacks competency, and you think both are true.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 04:36 PM

Quote:
You really need to relax. Why would you post your opinions on an internet website and think someone giving theirs back is pushing you? That is just sad, and BTW, very typical liberal thinking. Sorry, but that is just the way I feel.

If you don't like the label of liberal, stop proclaiming yourself one and stop posting liberal opinions and the problem is solved.

I doubt you will find a conservative who thinks Clinton was great and Bush lacks competency, and you think both are true.
Well you tend to consistently point out you used to be a liberal and now are a republican and how bad you used to be, LOL. I just think you some how assume this qualifies you to lead others from the left to the right. I am well centered you just can fathom that because I don't like Bush. This is where it gets funny on this site if anyone is against Bush or the War they must love Kennedy and Hillary . I am thinking "whatever".
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005, 09:52 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Well you tend to consistently point out you used to be a liberal and now are a republican and how bad you used to be, LOL. I just think you some how assume this qualifies you to lead others from the left to the right. I am well centered you just can fathom that because I don't like Bush. This is where it gets funny on this site if anyone is against Bush or the War they must love Kennedy and Hillary . I am thinking "whatever".
I never mentioned Hillary or Kennedy, just Bill. I noticed you left him out, how convenient, huh?

You have proven how well centered you are, just about as well as Hillary has. Just because you say it, doesn't make it true though.

I only point out my past liberal leanings because I can honestly say that I have voted for a Democrat and a Republican for President, can you?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

Sponsored Links
Advertisement