Meeeeooowww

NO cops beat old man

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/10/09/tap....ap/index.html

What a bunch of jack booted thugs.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-10-2005, 09:12 AM
Lifer

Thats the most corrupt PD ever, always have been.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #3 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-10-2005, 09:20 AM
Worship me

How fucking pathetic is that?

Watch out for those drunk 64 year old men, they can be pretty intimidating.

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order." - Ed Howdershelt

post #4 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-10-2005, 09:23 AM
Lifer

I have a feeling the Feds will be intervening here soon and they are gonna fire a lot of people and rebuild that dept.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #5 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-10-2005, 09:25 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Ac
I have a feeling the Feds will be intervening here soon and they are gonna fire a lot of people and rebuild that dept.
I need to find the article, but if I remember correctly a couple of those officers are feds.

Nevermind.... it was in that article...
Quote:
Three of the five officers -- including Smith -- are New Orleans officers, and two others appeared to be federal officers. Numerous agencies have sent police to help with patrols in the aftermath of Katrina.
post #6 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-10-2005, 12:51 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatDude
I need to find the article, but if I remember correctly a couple of those officers are feds.

Nevermind.... it was in that article...
Well they are combining forces to deal with the hurrican aftermath. What I mean is the Feds are probably going to set up a task force to deal with the corruption there. A few depts have done this in the past, and strangely enough NOPD about a decade ago was included. Damn.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #7 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-10-2005, 02:28 PM
makin' bacon

Anyone else notice the last line?
Quote:
On Friday, state authorities said they were investigating allegations that New Orleans police broke into a dealership and made off with nearly 200 cars -- including 41 new Cadillacs -- as the storm closed in.
Fucking thieves.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky

post #8 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-10-2005, 03:19 PM Thread Starter
Meeeeooowww

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo
Anyone else notice the last line?

Fucking thieves.

Stevo
They stole a couple Corvettes too. lol
Also the city is being sued by the NRA for 2nd Amendment violations.

post #9 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-10-2005, 03:22 PM
How you doin'

the guy that owns sewell cadillac has a dealership out there and an indoor parking garage full of new cars...he said that he was watching the news and saw one of his escalades driving the streets by a cop...he had someone check, and he said that he had A LOT of cars that were missing. he called the police department, and they told him that they were using them for patrol vehicles. it's been some time ago, but it was a story in the dallas morning news...

brad
post #10 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-10-2005, 03:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLAN
Also the city is being sued by the NRA for 2nd Amendment violations.
That's a losing battle. If I'm correct it was the federal government that called for the apprehension of all the firearms. The city was under Marshal Law which deprives the citizens of some constitutional rights. We had a thread about it a while back. That city is corrupt as hell though. Bush needs to send another hurricane to hit it and make sure he gets the governor, mayors, and all the parrish(sp?) leaders.
post #11 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-10-2005, 03:31 PM

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANGGT40
the guy that owns sewell cadillac has a dealership out there and an indoor parking garage full of new cars...he said that he was watching the news and saw one of his escalades driving the streets by a cop...he had someone check, and he said that he had A LOT of cars that were missing. he called the police department, and they told him that they were using them for patrol vehicles. it's been some time ago, but it was a story in the dallas morning news...

brad

damn.. using an escalade just to patrol....
post #12 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-10-2005, 03:34 PM
How you doin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.BEANer
damn.. using an escalade just to patrol....
he was told that he would be paid by the city/state/federal government for the vehicles, though...our tax dollars at work.

brad
post #13 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-10-2005, 04:09 PM Thread Starter
Meeeeooowww

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopnut2
That's a losing battle. If I'm correct it was the federal government that called for the apprehension of all the firearms. The city was under Marshal Law which deprives the citizens of some constitutional rights. We had a thread about it a while back. That city is corrupt as hell though. Bush needs to send another hurricane to hit it and make sure he gets the governor, mayors, and all the parrish(sp?) leaders.
Actually no one in NO takes responsibility for it other than the former ploice chief. The mayor said he never told him to do it.
A federal judge stepped in and issued an order to stop it.
Nothing takes over the Constitution.

post #14 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-10-2005, 05:51 PM
Married Man on 14Feb2010

It is Bush's fault. I am glad I didn't vote for him.
post #15 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-10-2005, 07:35 PM Thread Starter
Meeeeooowww

Hmmmmm.....not drunk and a retired school teacher.

Lawyer: New Orleans man was not drunk
Officers taped beating man arrested for public intoxication plead not guilty

Mel Evans / AP
A television producer recorded as New Orleans police officers arrested and beat Robert Davis, believing he was intoxicated in public. Davis' lawyer denies his client was drunk.

• Police taped punching 64-year-old man
Oct. 10: Three New Orleans police officers pleaded not guilty to battery charges and were suspended without pay over the videotaped arrest of a man accused of public intoxication. NBC’s Carl Quintanilla reports.
Nightly News

Updated: 7:50 p.m. ET Oct. 10, 2005
NEW ORLEANS - A 64-year-old man who was repeatedly punched in the head by police in an incident caught on videotape was not drunk, as police have alleged, and put up no resistance as he was being pummeled, his lawyer said Monday.

The man, a retired elementary school teacher, had returned to New Orleans only to check on property he owns in the storm-ravaged city and was out looking to buy cigarettes when he was arrested Saturday night in the French Quarter, the lawyer and the man’s father said.

Police have alleged that Robert Davis was publicly intoxicated.

A federal civil rights investigation was opened into the incident. Davis is black. The three city police officers seen on the tape are white. Police spokesman Marlon Defillo said race was not an issue.

Two city officers accused in the beating, and a third officer accused of grabbing and shoving an Associated Press Television News producer who helped document the confrontation, pleaded not guilty Monday to battery charges.

After a hearing at which trial was set for Jan. 11, officers Lance Schilling, Robert Evangelist and S.M. Smith were released on bond. They left in cars without commenting.

The three were suspended without pay Sunday, Defillo said.

Police Superintendent Warren Riley said any misconduct would be dealt with swiftly. He noted the video showed “a portion of that incident.”

“The actions that were observed on this video are certainly unacceptable by this department,” Riley said.

No disciplinary action from the FBI
Two other officials in the video appeared to be federal officers, according to police. Numerous agencies have sent officers to help with patrols in the aftermath of Katrina.

Stephen Kodak, an FBI spokesman in Washington, said none of its agents had been disciplined. He said the FBI was taking part in the Justice Department’s civil rights probe.

Mel Evans / AP
Robert Davis lies handcuffed and bloody Saturday in New Orleans after police punched him repeatedly while arresting him on suspicion of public intoxication.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The confrontation came as the New Orleans Police Department — long plagued by allegations of brutality and corruption — struggles with the aftermath of Katrina and the resignation last month of Police Superintendent Eddie Compass.

The APTN tape shows an officer hitting Davis at least four times in the head outside a bar. Davis twisted and flailed as he was dragged to the ground by several officers. Davis’ lawyer said his client did not resist.

“I don’t think that when a person is getting beat up there’s a whole lot of thought. It’s survival. You don’t have a whole lot of time to think when you’re being pummeled,” Bruno said.

Davis was kneed and pushed to the sidewalk with blood streaming down his arm and into the gutter. The officers accused of striking Davis were identified as Schilling and Evangelist.

Bruno said his client suffered fractures to his cheek and eye socket and scrapes and bruises but was expected to recover.

He added that his client was a recovering narcotics abuser who hadn’t had a drink or taken drugs in “years and years. He was not taking anything.”

Davis is a retired teacher who has lived in New Orleans for about 30 years, said his father, David Davis, 87, of Columbus, Ohio.

Returning to check on property
The elder Davis said his son had gone to New Orleans over the weekend to visit his own house and a couple of others that he owns with his wife, also a retired teacher.

“They were there looking things over, trying to find out what happened to their property,” David Davis said. “That’s probably the reason he was walking around the French Quarter.”

During the arrest, another officer, identified as Smith, ordered an APTN producer and a cameraman to stop recording. When Matthews held up his credentials, the officer grabbed the producer, leaned him backward over a car, jabbed him in the stomach and unleashed a profanity-laced tirade.

Smith is an eight-year veteran of the force, while Evangelist and Schilling have served three years each.

Police said Davis was booked on public intoxication, resisting arrest, battery on a police officer and public intimidation.

The head of the New Orleans police union said the officers told him they had acted appropriately.

“They feel they were justified in their actions and they were using the amount of force necessary to overcome the situation,” Lt. David Benelli told WDSU in New Orleans.

Mike Silverman, AP’s managing editor, said that “the incidents taped by our cameraman are extremely troubling. We are heartened that the police department is taking them seriously and promising a thorough investigation.”

post #16 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-10-2005, 08:42 PM
Worship me

Quote:
The head of the New Orleans police union said the officers told him they had acted appropriately.

“They feel they were justified in their actions and they were using the amount of force necessary to overcome the situation,” Lt. David Benelli told WDSU in New Orleans.
Imagine that, the head of the police union saying the officers did nothing wrong.

I can't believe that you can have a videotape of some jackass punching an old man in the back of the head over and over and some piece of shit will say it was the right thing to do. I might actually buy some of this shit if the guy was 20 years old. What the fuck is the world coming to???

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order." - Ed Howdershelt
post #17 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-12-2005, 07:43 AM

So you have feds working with local cops, they are SUPPOSE to be the
voice of reason ie better trained, paid and such.

So who is going to step in now?
post #18 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-12-2005, 08:40 AM
Never settle always excel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Ac
Thats the most corrupt PD ever, always have been.
I heard they were all Republicans ,
post #19 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-12-2005, 06:15 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98COBRA#770
So you have feds working with local cops, they are SUPPOSE to be the
voice of reason ie better trained, paid and such.

So who is going to step in now?
I haven't seen the whole tape so I won't say they did anything wrong. I will guess that if the tape shows the FBI Agents taking part in the arrest or just standing by that the NO officers have a pretty good defense. It will go something like this: If there was unlawful use of force then why didn't you step in Mr. FBI Agent? I doubt this will go very far, but like I said, I haven't seen the tape.

Most people know police knock heads but don't want to see it on tape.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #20 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 04:06 PM
I'm going Commando

Quote:

Police said Davis was booked on public intoxication, resisting arrest, battery on a police officer and public intimidation.
So it took 5 cops scared of their lives from a supposedly drunken 64 year old man? What a bunch of pussies!
post #21 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 04:24 PM
Worship me

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90 Notch
I haven't seen the whole tape so I won't say they did anything wrong. I will guess that if the tape shows the FBI Agents taking part in the arrest or just standing by that the NO officers have a pretty good defense. It will go something like this: If there was unlawful use of force then why didn't you step in Mr. FBI Agent? I doubt this will go very far, but like I said, I haven't seen the tape.

Most people know police knock heads but don't want to see it on tape.
Do you think the NO cops did something wrong? Just curious.
post #22 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-18-2005, 09:39 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P
Do you think the NO cops did something wrong? Just curious.
I will pass judgement after I hear all sides of the story. I especially want to hear what the 2 FBI agents who were first hand witnesses have to say. I will probably go with their version over the NO officers.

How about you, what is your opinion?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #23 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-18-2005, 09:59 AM
CJ
User may be editing post.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/10/09/taped.beatings.ap/index.html

classic CNN, they have a folder on their server for taped beatings.
post #24 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-18-2005, 11:27 AM
Worship me

Quote:
I will pass judgement after I hear all sides of the story. I especially want to hear what the 2 FBI agents who were first hand witnesses have to say. I will probably go with their version over the NO officers.

How about you, what is your opinion?
Well the old dude was facing away from the guy towards a wall and the dude started punching him the back of the head repeatedly. I can't think of a good reason why that would need to be done. And if I could, I can't think of a reason why you'd have to do it three times versus one time. Of course I'm sure the cop will say the old man was doing something off camera to warrant it since that is what is always said.

post #25 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-19-2005, 08:14 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Well the old dude was facing away from the guy towards a wall and the dude started punching him the back of the head repeatedly. I can't think of a good reason why that would need to be done. And if I could, I can't think of a reason why you'd have to do it three times versus one time. Of course I'm sure the cop will say the old man was doing something off camera to warrant it since that is what is always said.
I remember a video of a FW officer using his baton against a prisoner was trying to escape from his patrol car. I think he raised and struck at the prisoner like 50 times with the baton. The FWPD Chief at the time came out after viewing the video and said he was guilty of excessive force. They then showed that there were 48 or 49 black marks on the car. He had maybe hit the guy 1 or 2 times as he tried to escape. The video looked real bad, but there was no excessive force.

I will wait until the FBI agents speak out. I do agree that the video looks bad.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #26 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-19-2005, 10:41 AM
not exclude

Quote:
I remember a video of a FW officer using his baton against a prisoner was trying to escape from his patrol car. I think he raised and struck at the prisoner like 50 times with the baton. The FWPD Chief at the time came out after viewing the video and said he was guilty of excessive force. They then showed that there were 48 or 49 black marks on the car. He had maybe hit the guy 1 or 2 times as he tried to escape. The video looked real bad, but there was no excessive force.

I will wait until the FBI agents speak out. I do agree that the video looks bad.
Errr, did you watch the video? That old man in the video was bleeding fairly severely from the face...I would say he connected.
post #27 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-19-2005, 02:05 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlude
Errr, did you watch the video? That old man in the video was bleeding fairly severely from the face...I would say he connected.
Which video, the NO video or the FW baton video from a few years ago? I have already said I have not seen the whole video from NO and I will agree with the 2 FBI agents version over the NO cops.

I could give lots of reasons why he could be bleeding, but that would come across as justification for their actions and I don't want to do that.

Do you have any specific expertise that would qualify you to assess that video and proclaim it as excessive force, or is it just based off of something you feel in your gut?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #28 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-19-2005, 02:23 PM
not exclude

Quote:
Which video, the NO video or the FW baton video from a few years ago? I have already said I have not seen the whole video from NO and I will agree with the 2 FBI agents version over the NO cops.

I could give lots of reasons why he could be bleeding, but that would come across as justification for their actions and I don't want to do that.

Do you have any specific expertise that would qualify you to assess that video and proclaim it as excessive force, or is it just based off of something you feel in your gut?
Watch the NO video.
post #29 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-19-2005, 02:29 PM Thread Starter
Meeeeooowww

Quote:

They hold him against the wall and punch him in the back of the head. This causes his head to bounce like a ball between the wall and a fist.
Then they gang tackle him to the ground.
Fatboy cop then gets pissed once he found out the camera guy got it all on tape..lol
I have seen a couple beatdowns that looked ok, but this one wasn't.

post #30 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-19-2005, 03:04 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Watch the NO video.

Answer this question: Do you have any specific expertise that would qualify you to assess that video and proclaim it as excessive force, or is it just based off of something you feel in your gut?

I gave you an example of a Police Chief watching a video and then having the investigation conclude and the Chief had to admit he jumped to a conclusion and was wrong. I am not gonna do that.

I have told you, let's wait and see what the FBI agents say, and then it may come out the NO officers used excessive force, but it may not.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #31 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-19-2005, 03:06 PM
Lifer

Quote:
They hold him against the wall and punch him in the back of the head. This causes his head to bounce like a ball between the wall and a fist.
Fatboy cop then gets pissed once he found out the camera guy got it all on tape..lol
It seems like the NO incident is excessive force, but so did the taped incident in FW. That sure wasn't.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #32 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-19-2005, 03:16 PM
Worship me

Quote:

There was nothing between the guys head and the other guy's fist. When he punches you can see the guys head move. There is no reason to punch someone in the back of the head. None. At least I can't think of one. Maybe the guy wasn't complying, I don't know but I do know that given his age, it wouldn't be hard to force him into doing whatever you wanted without that kind of bullshit. And the DAs office seems to agree with me and I'll be they already talked to the Federal boys about it. We'll see.
post #33 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-19-2005, 03:17 PM
Worship me

Quote:
LOL at the fat guy pushing the cameraman, I forgot about that.
post #34 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-19-2005, 03:20 PM Thread Starter
Meeeeooowww

Quote:

Was the officer trying to kill a bumblebee??? lol

That sounds like a good case for an ass kicking.
If you the cops have to chase you they are bringing an ass kicking with them.

post #35 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-19-2005, 07:09 PM
Lifer

Quote:
There was nothing between the guys head and the other guy's fist. When he punches you can see the guys head move. There is no reason to punch someone in the back of the head. None. At least I can't think of one. Maybe the guy wasn't complying, I don't know but I do know that given his age, it wouldn't be hard to force him into doing whatever you wanted without that kind of bullshit. And the DAs office seems to agree with me and I'll be they already talked to the Federal boys about it. We'll see.
Let's see if those officers get indicted, because the first question I would have for the FBI agents is; If you felt there was a federal civil rights violation going on at the time, why didn't you stop it Mr. FBI agent?

The FBI is supposed to investigate federal rights violations by police officers on citizens, so if they didn't stop it, how could they say it was a violation? What a dilemma, huh?

I have already said this may be excessive force, but they are innocent until proven guilty, just like everyone else.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #36 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-19-2005, 07:13 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Was the officer trying to kill a bumblebee??? lol

That sounds like a good case for an ass kicking.
If you the cops have to chase you they are bringing an ass kicking with them.
He was already in the police car when he kicked out the window, and began to wiggle out of the window. The officer walked around, swung about 50 times, hit the car 47-48 times, but the video looked horrible. Is hitting a suspect 2-3 times who is trying to escape excessive? Is there a violation for beating a patrol car 47-48 times? Nope, but it sure LOOKS bad.

I will give my disclaimer, I am not saying this is not excessive force, but it is still too early to tell without those FBI agents coming forward at least.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #37 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-19-2005, 07:16 PM
mannish boy

seriously dude, watch the fuckin' video...
post #38 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-19-2005, 08:13 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

I've been to NO many times and this coonass knows that you don't cross the NOPD. They'll whip yo ass whether you are Black, White, Hispanic, or a Stupid Motherfucker.

Even the Black cops will beat the shit out of black people. Its nothing new.

What they SHOULD do is fire the entire force and have them interview to get their jobs back. If you are going to rebuild NO, then rebuild the PD while you are at it. The 240 desertions from Katrina is what I call a good start.

I miss New Orleans and I hope and pray that they can get it together and rebuild it into something to be proud of. It is already pissing me off that the Saints are very likely going to stay in San Antonio after the season, but we also have to deal with a bunch of fuck head politicians that are more worried about lining their pockets than getting on with planning the future of NO.

BTW, just an example of Louisiana's govemental incompetance, Mississippi has already publicly published huge plans on what they are going to do to rebuild Gulfport, Biloxi, and the surrounding cities. All Louisiana has managed is to form not one, not two, but three fuckin' commissions to plan the rebuilding. Blanco and Nagin are clusterfucks incarnate.

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
post #39 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-21-2005, 08:26 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooter
seriously dude, watch the fuckin' video...
Why would watching this video chhange my mind? I am telling you, I could show you videos and have you saying that there was excessive force and others where there was none, and you would be wrong EVERY time. However, you would get it correct every time if you saw the video AND listened to the stories of the involved parties. The video alone won't help me. Post the stories of the FBI agents, then let's talk.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #40 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-21-2005, 10:38 AM
not exclude

Quote:
Answer this question: Do you have any specific expertise that would qualify you to assess that video and proclaim it as excessive force, or is it just based off of something you feel in your gut?

I gave you an example of a Police Chief watching a video and then having the investigation conclude and the Chief had to admit he jumped to a conclusion and was wrong. I am not gonna do that.

I have told you, let's wait and see what the FBI agents say, and then it may come out the NO officers used excessive force, but it may not.
Qualification: half a brain.

I'm not here to argue with the ignorant. While I may be missing some facts, you havn't even seen half the event.
post #41 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-21-2005, 10:41 AM
not exclude

Quote:
Why would watching this video chhange my mind? I am telling you, I could show you videos and have you saying that there was excessive force and others where there was none, and you would be wrong EVERY time. However, you would get it correct every time if you saw the video AND listened to the stories of the involved parties. The video alone won't help me. Post the stories of the FBI agents, then let's talk.
Odd thing is, in your incident...the guy wasn't getting hit like crazy. You can't see the blows landing (obviously) and the guys face was not oozing blood and flesh. It was ambiguous. Much more ambiguous than this video that you have not even seen. Edumacate yourself and watch the video.
post #42 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-23-2005, 01:17 PM
Worship me

Quote:
Let's see em.
post #43 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 10:22 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Qualification: half a brain.

I'm not here to argue with the ignorant. While I may be missing some facts, you havn't even seen half the event.
And you haven't heard any of the stories, so who is the idiot who is jumping to a conclusion?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #44 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 10:23 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Let's see em.
Why would I? Just because I have some, doesn't mean I should post them. Besides, they are VHS and I do not have the desire to get them posted.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #45 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 10:37 AM
Worship me

Quote:
Why would I? Just because I have some, doesn't mean I should post them. Besides, they are VHS and I do not have the desire to get them posted.
Start a poll, I bet I can guess. If I am wrong you can pepper spray me. If I am right, I get to shave off your cute little cop mustache and one eyebrow.
post #46 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 10:43 AM
not exclude

Quote:
And you haven't heard any of the stories, so who is the idiot who is jumping to a conclusion?
Yeah, I see a couple punches land on the back of a restrained man's head then see his bloody face. Excuse me for assuming something he was hit. It's probably just fake blood he smeared on his own face.

I didn't call you an idiot, idiot. I called you ignorant, as you admittedly are. (I know, this vocabulary is difficult from someone of your intelect) For god knows what reason, you refuse to watch the video. Further, you refuse to share all these supposed stories. And with your blindness to the discussion, you really have NO ground to compare them.

Some people are happy in their caves.
post #47 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 01:12 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Start a poll, I bet I can guess. If I am wrong you can pepper spray me. If I am right, I get to shave off your cute little cop mustache and one eyebrow.
I have no doubt the video makes the officers look guilty of excessive force. I am not saying they are not guilty of excessive force. I am saying I will wait for my decision until after I see what the the FBI agents say happened.

To declare them guilty beofre getting the whole story is wrong.

I have no doubt a poll on this site will show about 99% believe that the officers used excessive force.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #48 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 01:23 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Yeah, I see a couple punches land on the back of a restrained man's head then see his bloody face. Excuse me for assuming something he was hit. It's probably just fake blood he smeared on his own face.

I didn't call you an idiot, idiot. I called you ignorant, as you admittedly are. (I know, this vocabulary is difficult from someone of your intelect) For god knows what reason, you refuse to watch the video. Further, you refuse to share all these supposed stories. And with your blindness to the discussion, you really have NO ground to compare them.

Some people are happy in their caves.
Is the view really good from your tu dorm room? You are still in college, right?

BTW, I know you didn't call me an idiot, I called you an idiot. LOL!

It is not that I refuse to watch the video, it is that the video in and of itself does not prove the officers guilty. Pay attention and read that sentence over a couple of times.

I have never declared them innocent or guilty, just that by declaring them guiilty of excessive force by watching the video ONLY, you are an idiot IMO. I have bloodied quite a few people while arresting them, but so far not one of those arrests has been excessive force. I am sorry that you seeing the blood so horrified you that you have lost what little reason you may have had.

My best GUESS is that the officers may have used excessive force, based solely on the description of the video from civilians. But to say it as if it is fact would be wrong, hence I say you are wrong for prejudging them without all the evidence.

I do have a question for you: What if the 2 FBI agents, who by the way are responsible for prosecuting civil rights violations, come out and say the force was necessary and proper, will you then admit you were wrong since you took this stance prematurely?

I have left myself in the position to see all the evidence before making my decision, but hell, if I was still in college and had little life experience I may have thought they way you do also.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #49 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 02:38 PM
Worship me

Quote:
I have no doubt the video makes the officers look guilty of excessive force. I am not saying they are not guilty of excessive force. I am saying I will wait for my decision until after I see what the the FBI agents say happened.

To declare them guilty beofre getting the whole story is wrong.

I have no doubt a poll on this site will show about 99% believe that the officers used excessive force.
Point taken. So in what instance would punching an apparently submissive 64 year old person (with his back turned) in the back of the head three times in rapid succession NOT be considered excessive force?

I have no law enforcement training whatsoever and I can restrain a person of that age without leaving a mark on him. Nor myself.
post #50 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 03:14 PM
not exclude

Quote:
Is the view really good from your tu dorm room? You are still in college, right?
Yep, a Junior. My house doesn't have that great of a view though

Quote:
BTW, I know you didn't call me an idiot, I called you an idiot. LOL!
Well, common English knowledge would have us understand that your rhetorical question would infer I did call you an idiot. But maybe understanding is a little too deep for you, we will try to help you refine spelling first.

Quote:
It is not that I refuse to watch the video, it is that the video in and of itself does not prove the officers guilty. Pay attention and read that sentence over a couple of times.

I have never declared them innocent or guilty, just that by declaring them guiilty of excessive force by watching the video ONLY, you are an idiot IMO. I have bloodied quite a few people while arresting them, but so far not one of those arrests has been excessive force. I am sorry that you seeing the blood so horrified you that you have lost what little reason you may have had.
You have been off on this tangent about excessive force, with me, since the beginning. YOU were the one who jumped to it. I never claimed anything. Seems YOU are the one who needs to pay attention and read what I actually type. I have said nothing about excessive force, I just commented on your tangential story that really does not parallel this situation much at all. It was obvious you hadn't seen the video. I have not claimed anyone guilty of anything. The best you will be able to find is something along the lines of "I would say he connected." Again, in reference to your horrible parallel that you could only attempt to align if you had not seen the video. Are you paying attention now?

Quote:
My best GUESS is that the officers may have used excessive force, based solely on the description of the video from civilians. But to say it as if it is fact would be wrong, hence I say you are wrong for prejudging them without all the evidence.

I do have a question for you: What if the 2 FBI agents, who by the way are responsible for prosecuting civil rights violations, come out and say the force was necessary and proper, will you then admit you were wrong since you took this stance prematurely?
Well these two paragraphs just surmise more of YOU jumping to conclusions, more of YOU NOT understanding, more of YOU NOT paying attention to what I said. I have nothing to retract as I have not labeled anyone as guilty of anything, although the video looks pretty condemning.

Quote:
I have left myself in the position to see all the evidence before making my decision, but hell, if I was still in college and had little life experience I may have thought they way you do also.
In lieu of recent discoveries unveiled to you in this post, this statement sure makes you sound immature with a low cut such as this. By the way, did you attend college?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement