Bring your gun to work everyday

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...a-news-florida

Quote:
Proposed law: Companies can't keep employees from bringing guns to work

NRA-backed bills raise freedom, safety concerns

Jason Garcia
Orlando Sentinel
Posted October 2 2005, 5:54 PM EDT

TALLAHASSEE -- Florida businesses could soon face criminal charges if they try to stop employees from bringing guns to work in their cars, thrusting the state into a growing national debate pitting individual freedom against job safety.

Backed by the National Rifle Association, two state lawmakers have filed bills that would allow workers to have guns at work, as long as the weapons remain locked in their vehicles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-03-2005, 07:16 AM
Old Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasDevilDog
Thats for Florida.

In Texas you can already bring your gun to work, so long as it stays in the car. Premise is defined as the building, not the parkinglot.

Eitherway, I wouldn't tell a sole you have a gun in your car. Its the fastest way to get your car broken into.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-03-2005, 07:49 AM
ebay pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacotua
Thats for Florida.

In Texas you can already bring your gun to work, so long as it stays in the car. Premise is defined as the building, not the parkinglot.

Eitherway, I wouldn't tell a sole you have a gun in your car. Its the fastest way to get your car broken into.
That won't protect you from getting fired. Since the business owns or rents the parking lot, thier rules apply in the parking lot. Make sure NO ONE at your job knows of a weapon in your car, or you could lose your job. The employer can't STOP you from keeping a gun in your car, but they can stop you from working there. And since Texas is a right to work state, you'll have no recourse.

Scott

Last edited by White trash wagon; 10-03-2005 at 08:12 AM.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-03-2005, 08:04 AM
Meeeeooowww

Just don't let them know you have it in the car.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-03-2005, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Quote:
Thats for Florida.

I can't bring to work. I work in a foriegn trade zone.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-04-2005, 08:45 AM
Never settle always excel

Quote:
Thats for Florida.

Not true if you are a school teacher it is illegal to have a gun or cigarette on any part of the grounds including the parking lot. I don't smoke but I do prefer to have a gun in my car. I guess I'll just have to do without.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-04-2005, 09:04 AM
Worship me

Quote:
Originally Posted by White trash wagon
That won't protect you from getting fired. Since the business owns or rents the parking lot, thier rules apply in the parking lot. Make sure NO ONE at your job knows of a weapon in your car, or you could lose your job. The employer can't STOP you from keeping a gun in your car, but they can stop you from working there. And since Texas is a right to work state, you'll have no recourse.

Scott
Just FYI, if the employer leases in an office building then they don't own the parking lot. It is a common area. They also don't have any say about the hallways, bathrooms, elevators or anything like that. Those are all common areas that the landlord keeps.

But they can still fire you at any time so it doesn't really matter.

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order." - Ed Howdershelt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement