What does the ACLU gain from this? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-29-2005, 11:54 AM Thread Starter
Married Man on 14Feb2010

What does the ACLU gain from this?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050929/...kxBHNlYwN0bQ--

Quote:
NEW YORK - Pictures of detainee abuse at Iraq's Abu Ghraib prison must be released despite government claims that they could damage America's image, a federal judge ruled Thursday.
What good can the ACLU accomplish for America and Americans, with the release of all the photos?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-29-2005, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasDevilDog
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050929/...kxBHNlYwN0bQ--

What good can the ACLU accomplish for America and Americans, with the release of all the photos?

Nothing, imo.

I think they should pull the soldiers that got jailed for this out of there, give them a medal, and apologize and compensate them.

Then we should video tape the prisoners in Abu Ghraib pleading for their lives, and then decapitate them, as they did to our contractors, and release THAT video tape.

Our enemies are using our own politics against us, and until we SQUASH that chit, we won't be able to win this war, much less any other.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-29-2005, 02:38 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

I guess the ACLU is trying to go global now.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-29-2005, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geof
I guess the ACLU is trying to go global now.

That makes sense.......they are on a mission to show the world their political clout, but in reality they are showing how self important they are??? LOL
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-30-2005, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRAPPY8350
Nothing, imo.

I think they should pull the soldiers that got jailed for this out of there, give them a medal, and apologize and compensate them.

Then we should video tape the prisoners in Abu Ghraib pleading for their lives, and then decapitate them, as they did to our contractors, and release THAT video tape.

Our enemies are using our own politics against us, and until we SQUASH that chit, we won't be able to win this war, much less any other.

WINNER!! Of the Most Ignorant Thing I've Heard This Week Award!

You are of course correct we should go ahead and BECOME the terrorists, then we don't have to worry about going overseas to fight it. BRILLIANT!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-30-2005, 04:31 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by sykotik489

You are of course correct we should go ahead and BECOME the terrorists, then we don't have to worry about going overseas to fight it. BRILLIANT!
While I agree that we dont need to decapitate them and murder them on public tv or anything like that, put yourself in the soldiers shoes for a bit. You see a video tape of a fellow soldier being decapitated for all the world to see or dragged through the streets then you get assigned to the prison where many of these people being held and fed by our tax dollars...what would you do? I am in no way condoning what they did I am just trying to put myself in there shoes.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-30-2005, 06:55 AM
KJ94GT

Quote:

WINNER! Biggest fucking jerkoff of the month!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-30-2005, 07:12 AM Thread Starter
Married Man on 14Feb2010

In no way, do I agree with what the soldiers did. I makes me feel bad being ex-military. I think that we are more professional than that.

The same people that want the pictures released are the same people that say we shouldn't show pictures from 9/11 again.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-02-2005, 07:22 PM

Quote:

Hey, when it gets down to the line, you gotta fight fire with fire.............maybe decapitating one of theirs for everyone of ours is too politcially incorrect for you, but, "An eye for an eye" is too fair for a lot of people.

I was at the Kobar Towers when they were bombed by that truck. They dont' care about political correctness of their actions, who they hurt, who they kill.

Until we start playing THEIR game on THEIR home turf and BEAT them, there is no way we can end this war..........
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-02-2005, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ94GT
WINNER! Biggest fucking jerkoff of the month!

thank you......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement