So I wonder what Sheehan's dead son would be thinking

about her...

September 26, 2005

Sheehan Arrested During Anti-War Protest
Sep 26

By JENNIFER C. KERR
Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON

Cindy Sheehan, the California woman driven by her son's death in Iraq to re-ignite the anti-war movement, was arrested Monday while protesting outside the White House.

Sheehan and several dozen other protesters sat down on the sidewalk after marching along the pedestrian walkway on Pennsylvania Avenue. Police warned them three times that they were breaking the law by failing to move along, then began making arrests.

Sheehan, 48, was the first taken into custody. She stood up and was handcuffed, then led to a police vehicle while protesters chanted, "The whole world is watching."

Others who were arrested also cooperated with police. Sgt. Scott Fear, spokesman for the U.S. Park Police, said they would be charged with demonstrating without a permit, which is a misdemeanor.

Park Police Sgt. L.J. McNally said Sheehan and the others would be taken to a processing center where they would be fingerprinted and photographed, then given a ticket and released. The process would take several hours, he said.

Sheehan's 24-year-old son, Casey, was killed in an ambush in Sadr City, Iraq, last year. She attracted worldwide attention last month with her 26-day vigil outside President Bush's Texas ranch.

Sheehan was among several hundred demonstrators who marched around the White House on Monday and then stopped in front and began singing and chanting "Stop the war now!" Organizers had said some planned to be arrested.

The demonstration is part of a broader anti-war effort on Capitol Hill organized by United for Peace and Justice, an umbrella group. Representatives from anti-war groups were meeting Monday with members of Congress to urge them to work to end the war and bring home the troops.

The protest following a massive demonstration Saturday on the National Mall that drew a crowd of 100,000 or more, the largest such gathering in the capital since the war began in March 2003.

On Sunday, a rally supporting the war drew roughly 500 participants. Speakers included veterans of World War II and the war in Iraq, as well as family members of soldiers killed in Iraq.

"I would like to say to Cindy Sheehan and her supporters don't be a group of unthinking lemmings. It's not pretty," said Mitzy Kenny of Ridgeley, W.Va., whose husband died in Iraq last year. The anti-war demonstrations "can affect the war in a really negative way. It gives the enemy hope."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-27-2005, 11:05 PM
NOT the Oldest Fart HERE

So I wonder what Sheehan's dead son would be thinking

STFU mom
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-27-2005, 11:18 PM
That's my Ass

No one forced her son to join the military. They knew the risk's before he signed up. What a dumb bitch protesting it is not going to bring her son back. She needs to remember her son has a hero that died so she could be free.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-28-2005, 01:58 AM
Time Served

she pisses me the hell off!!! We go in and oust a dictator that murders 100,000's of his own people and we are the criminals. She wants to have the president come out and talk to her about why we are at war, does she honestly think she is going to hear something she hasnt heard already....she needs to quit making a fucking mockery of her sons death...if she really cares about everyones sons and daughters then why doesnt she use all this money she is getting and send out care packages to the troops in places where that cant get anything instead of using it to promote her party. She is a pointless waste of space and a disgrace to our society. The people that run our govt are criminals huh, lets let saddam run it for a while and see if she still has those views. This country that I am in now is free because of Bush, because of all our brave army and marine brothers who have lost their lives to set free a people outside of our own country. That is why america is so great not only because we are free but we recognize that there is a whole world out there of unfree people and we do what we can to help them. So Sheehan why dont you come over here and see whats really going on...come to our gates at 8 in the morning when hundreds off iraqi's are waiting to be let on this base to come to work to make 8 dollars a day and they work their ass off for that money because until we got rid of saddam they didnt have the chance to make shit. So come here and see what going on and tell me we are doing nothing good here, and tell me that we are the criminals.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-28-2005, 03:36 AM
Lifer

Wish she'd shut her pie hole and go on already!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-28-2005, 06:31 AM
Lifer

I hope there is a special place in Hell for mother's that use the death of their child as a springboard to stardom. She is talking book deals, movie deals, etc. Just another female Michael Moore...

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-28-2005, 12:39 PM
Lifer

I hope more than a few Bush hating liberals saw that smile on her face as she got arrested and can now see through her shallow hunt for fame.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement