Nagin charged with murder - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 11:38 AM Thread Starter
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Nagin charged with murder

http://www.turkishpress.com/news.asp?id=70236
Quote:
The mayor of a New Orleans city where hundreds people drowned in Hurricane Katrina floodwaters has been charged with homicide for the deaths, authorities said.
Mayor Nagin surrendered to state authorities on Tuesday, Louisiana Attorney General Charles Foti told a press conference.
"He did not follow the city emergency response plan that a reasonable person would follow in similar circumstances," the state's attorney general said.
He said Nagin is being held while bond proceedings are conducted.
"The pathetic thing in this case, once again, is that they were asked if they wanted to move them... They did not," Foti said.
"They were warned repeatedly both by the media and by the Louisiana emergency preparation people that the storm was coming. In effect ... his inaction resulted in the death of these people," the attorney general added.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 11:40 AM
Moved to dfw mustangs.net

They should prosecute the hurricaine too.
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 11:47 AM
Which one's the clutch?

dont they understand, the mayor had nothing to do with any of this it was [email protected][email protected]!

1987 Nissan pick up-wrecked
1984 Ponitiac grand am-sold
1988 Buick lasabre-sold
1987 Nissan 300zx-sold intake/exhaust
2001 Yamaha r6-sold slip on
2004 Yamaha r1-sold full exhaust
1991 Nissan 240sx-torn down,almost built up.
1994 toyota celica-blown up. exhaust
2005 Honda accord-daily.

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 11:48 AM
Ted
Opulance. I has it.

Hurricane Katrina doesn't care about black people
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 11:53 AM Thread Starter
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Yall might want to look at the link then.
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 02:04 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

All Texans will be charged with murder.

Quote:
Over 50 Katrina evacuees have died in Texas
http://www.nola.com/newsflash/louisi...list=louisiana
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 02:11 PM

Ok....are you playing a joke? The article sais the nursing home owners where 45 bodies of elderly people were found are the ones being charged; not the knucklehead mayor (though IMO he should be charged as well but it won't hold)
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 03:15 PM Thread Starter
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDMike
Ok....are you playing a joke? The article sais the nursing home owners where 45 bodies of elderly people were found are the ones being charged; not the knucklehead mayor (though IMO he should be charged as well but it won't hold)
Yeah, but I don't think people should be held responsible for a natual disaster.
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 03:19 PM

But, people who are entrusted w/the lives of other people should be charged if they don't live up to their word/contract.
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 07:15 PM
not exclude

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasDevilDog
Yeah, but I don't think people should be held responsible for a natual disaster.
One of the core purposes of a government (especially a democracy) is to protect its people. If the director of certain evacuation plans (protection) jumps ship at the time of crisis, should he not be at fault, atleast partially? Doesn't the same go for those entrusted with other's lives?

I'm not saying the guy is guilty of manslaughter, but he is negligent in some way or another. (Both Nagin and the elderly home owner.)
post #11 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 07:27 PM
Boneless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craizie
dont they understand, the mayor had nothing to do with any of this it was [email protected][email protected]!

I know you're joking.

Don't forget the dumbass LA govenor that denied government help.

NEEDED:

Almost There.....
post #12 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlude
One of the core purposes of a government (especially a democracy) is to protect its people. If the director of certain evacuation plans (protection) jumps ship at the time of crisis, should he not be at fault, atleast partially? Doesn't the same go for those entrusted with other's lives?

I'm not saying the guy is guilty of manslaughter, but he is negligent in some way or another. (Both Nagin and the elderly home owner.)
I think it would set bad precedent.
post #13 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 07:45 PM
Which one's the clutch?

i think leaving eldery people you are being payed to take care of to drown while you run away is pretty chicken shit.

1987 Nissan pick up-wrecked
1984 Ponitiac grand am-sold
1988 Buick lasabre-sold
1987 Nissan 300zx-sold intake/exhaust
2001 Yamaha r6-sold slip on
2004 Yamaha r1-sold full exhaust
1991 Nissan 240sx-torn down,almost built up.
1994 toyota celica-blown up. exhaust
2005 Honda accord-daily.
post #14 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 07:54 PM
Hero in a half shell

Quote:
All Texans will be charged with murder.

lol

post #15 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 08:25 PM
Hunt James for President

IMO this is Darwinism at it's finest.

it seems that the strong, smart and intelligent got out of there in plenty of time and the weak, dumb and ignorant got left behind. i would call it survival of the fittest. the ones that were evacuated after the disaster just got lucky.

it may sound harsh but it makes sense to me. of course, this is only my opinion.... so if you don't like it, i don't care.

95 Rio Red Cobra#3881
http://obamaclock.org
post #16 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 08:44 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnimike1
I know you're joking.

Don't forget the dumbass LA govenor that denied government help.
LOL.She might not be that dumb afterall.........She suckered the Texas gov into taking in all the lowlife scumbags from NO.
post #17 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 09:33 PM

why were you reading the turkish press?
post #18 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 11:15 PM
NOT the Oldest Fart HERE

Blanco dosen't make decisions

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimD
LOL.She might not be that dumb afterall.........She suckered the Texas gov into taking in all the lowlife scumbags from NO.
I wonder if DNC chairman Dean was her advisor when she decided to starve the poor people at the Superdome and Convention center by keeping the red cross out.
It's said that babys and elderly died fron dehydration, If she made the decision to purposely with hold water and food the Red Cross woud have provided, why isn't she just as guilty as the nursing home owners?
post #19 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-15-2005, 02:42 AM
D
Sofa Kingdom

Quote:
People like you really are out of your fuckin mind. How can you charge people for something nature did? I would say, how could someone in their right mind say something like that, but you and people like you obviously aren't right. Two days before the hurricane the Mayor mandated an evacuation. Since when did it become the responsibility of one individual, or even a group of individuals, to make sure they get out? If it's mandatory that they evacuate, but they choose not to, it's their own damn fault, not the Mayor's or the President's.

post #20 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-15-2005, 09:02 AM
not exclude

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90StangLX5.0
People like you really are out of your fuckin mind. How can you charge people for something nature did? I would say, how could someone in their right mind say something like that, but you and people like you obviously aren't right. Two days before the hurricane the Mayor mandated an evacuation. Since when did it become the responsibility of one individual, or even a group of individuals, to make sure they get out? If it's mandatory that they evacuate, but they choose not to, it's their own damn fault, not the Mayor's or the President's.
What do you think we pay the government to do?

They are paid, much like the retirement home owners, to take care of people. If they can't or don't want to do that...don't take the god damn job. The chickenshit mayor jumped ship before fulfilling any of the evacuation plans. No hospitals, no retirement homes, no wards were evacuated properly. 100s if not 1000s of city busses sat in a parking lot.

As I said before: While not necessarily guilty of manslaughter, he is undoubtedly negligent.
post #21 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-15-2005, 09:10 AM
The Fastest of the Fast

Who wants to live in that armpit of a world anyways. Shit happens, deal! AT least it wasnt a fucking tsunami!
post #22 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-15-2005, 09:13 AM
Time Served

Quote:
But, people who are entrusted w/the lives of other people should be charged if they don't live up to their word/contract.
the mayor is one of them!
post #23 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-15-2005, 09:32 AM
The Fastest of the Fast

shut the fuck up you ball bags. The mayor, charged with murder? LMAO It was an act of "God" so the christians call it, someone arrest Jesus!!!!
post #24 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-15-2005, 09:40 AM
not exclude

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherRedHead
shut the fuck up you ball bags. The mayor, charged with murder? LMAO It was an act of "God" so the christians call it, someone arrest Jesus!!!!
You really don't get the basis of the charge, do you? His and others' negligence lead to the deaths of people that could have been avoided had they done their jobs.
post #25 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-15-2005, 11:16 AM
Out

Quote:
You really don't get the basis of the charge, do you? His and others' negligence lead to the deaths of people that could have been avoided had they done their jobs.
I thought telling those dumbasses, "Hey, there's a hurricane coming. Get the @#$%! out of here!!!" was doing their job.
post #26 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-15-2005, 11:26 AM
not exclude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
I thought telling those dumbasses, "Hey, there's a hurricane coming. Get the @#$%! out of here!!!" was doing their job.
As stupid as old people and hospital patients may be, simply telling them to "get the @#$%! out of here!!!" is not fulfilling their job.
post #27 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-15-2005, 11:31 AM
Out

Quote:
As stupid as old people and hospital patients may be, simply telling them to "get the @#$%! out of here!!!" is not fulfilling their job.
No, but telling people responsible for those people would be. Since it was on the news 72 hours prior, you'd think that a care center could get their shit together and get people moved.
post #28 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-15-2005, 11:33 AM Thread Starter
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Quote:
No, but telling people responsible for those people would be. Since it was on the news 72 hours prior, you'd think that a care center could get their shit together and get people moved.
So, anyone that is responsible for someone else's safety, should be charged if the person died?

What about parents, if they kid drown?
post #29 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-15-2005, 11:35 AM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasDevilDog
So, anyone that is responsible for someone else's safety, should be charged if the person died?

What about parents, if they kid drown?
If they didn't try to get their kids to safety? YES!!!!

Homicide through neglegence is still a chargable offense.
post #30 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-15-2005, 11:37 AM
not exclude

Quote:
I guess we just have different ideas of what a government is for. I prefer to expect it to be a protecting force as opposed to a weatherman.

Certain places, especially larger hospitals, simply don't have the resources to move their entire complex in 72 hours. The state/city however had all those afforementioned busses that should have been mobilized, and wern't.
post #31 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-15-2005, 11:41 AM
Out

Quote:
Certain places, especially larger hospitals, simply don't have the resources to move their entire complex in 72 hours. The state/city however had all those afforementioned busses that were supposed to be mobilized, and wern't.
Well, actually, it is their responsibility. Facilities like that are required to have an Emergency Action Plan. In that, emergency evacuation procedures need to be addressed.

BTW, several buses were parked by shelters that were passed up and left 1/2 empty.
post #32 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-16-2005, 01:33 AM
D
Sofa Kingdom

When something like this happens why is someone always so quick to attempt to blame someone. You cannot blame a person for an act of God, or nature, what ever it is you people believe in. In my eyes, the only person with any fault at all for any of the deaths, are the people that died. Call me cold blooded and whatever else, but I just can't see how it's anyone's fault that the weak didn't survive. I feel bad for their families and what not, but it's no one's fault but their own that they died. As for the evactuation, short notice stuff like that is hard to do when the roads are packed with cars getting out. Their "emergency action plans" don't take in to consideration the roads getting out of town packed with bumper to bumper traffic. How can traffic be anyone's fault?

post #33 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-16-2005, 11:22 AM
The Fastest of the Fast

Wheres Jesus at! Someone better find him and arrest him! For god's sake, we need to find every family that has a member that didnt make it out alive and arrest the head of that household! Its justice!!! It is gonna make it all better! Thats what we need, some people in jail after a natural disaster! YEA!!! What a bunch of dumbass bitches. You need to arrest all the fucking raping, luting, plundering blacks that murdered, raped and took advantage of the situation. Fuck new orleans, they can all rot in shit. Who the fuck startings stealing and raping kids when families are locked up in an arena. Some fucking dumb ass no good pieces of shit, thats who. Hell, I guess if you wanna label them, the mayor is the king of that town of shit, so arrest him too. Lets just arrest everyone! Good idea....
post #34 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-16-2005, 12:37 PM
not exclude

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherRedHead
Wheres Jesus at! Someone better find him and arrest him! For god's sake, we need to find every family that has a member that didnt make it out alive and arrest the head of that household! Its justice!!! It is gonna make it all better! Thats what we need, some people in jail after a natural disaster! YEA!!! What a bunch of dumbass bitches. You need to arrest all the fucking raping, luting, plundering blacks that murdered, raped and took advantage of the situation. Fuck new orleans, they can all rot in shit. Who the fuck startings stealing and raping kids when families are locked up in an arena. Some fucking dumb ass no good pieces of shit, thats who. Hell, I guess if you wanna label them, the mayor is the king of that town of shit, so arrest him too. Lets just arrest everyone! Good idea....
Ladies and gentlemen, the voice of the reason...
post #35 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-16-2005, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Whoa...slow down. You don't have to swear to get your point across. Lets take this one question at a time.
-I am not out of my f*ck*n mind and I never said to charge the nursing home center director's for starting a huge hurricane. The director's were negligent in their duties and that negligence contributed to the deaths of the elderly. And for that reason they should be charged w/murder. Its same principle as when someone drinks and drives and they hurt someone out on the road.

-And seeing how you think "I not right" then what am I doing in the military protecting "people like you."?
post #36 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-16-2005, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldawgs75
the mayor is one of them!
Read the 7th post down in here and you'll see my answer to that.

(My opinion)--->I want the mayor tried in a trial as well but I don't see it happening. All I see is the mayor blaming everyone else. At least our President took ownership on this when no one else did. So suck on that Democrats!!
post #37 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-16-2005, 04:36 PM
D
Sofa Kingdom

Quote:
Whoa...slow down. You don't have to swear to get your point across. Lets take this one question at a time.
-I am not out of my f*ck*n mind and I never said to charge the nursing home center director's for starting a huge hurricane. The director's were negligent in their duties and that negligence contributed to the deaths of the elderly. And for that reason they should be charged w/murder. Its same principle as when someone drinks and drives and they hurt someone out on the road.

-And seeing how you think "I not right" then what am I doing in the military protecting "people like you."?
I'm in the military too jack off. I'm in the Middle East as I type this. Get your facts straight before you run your mouth.

post #38 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-16-2005, 05:58 PM

Quote:
I'm in the military too jack off. I'm in the Middle East as I type this. Get your facts straight before you run your mouth.
I suggest you do the same. Remember, you were the one who first said and I quote again for you Airman, "People like you really are out of your fuckin mind." Tell me you didn't say that! So, people like me are the same as you. In the military doing what we are told. I probably should have clicked on your name and found out what you do for a living before I run my mouth so I'll take the hit on that.

Now, do you agree or not if someone is negligent in their duty or duties to provide a safe enviroment for someone including the elderly, and they foul it up; shouldn't they be responsible and held accountable for the soul that was lost? Take it easy on watch and get your @ss home safe!
post #39 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-16-2005, 07:14 PM
D
Sofa Kingdom

It's all in the circumstances. Some people probably weren't able to be moved due to their condition. I'm sure the majority of those people in the homes would have heart attacks and strokes if they were moved. They would've died anyway. So how does that make it the President's and Mayor Nagin's fault? Why are people so quick to put the blame on someone for an act of God? When the tsunami hit earlier this year, was anyone blamed for that? Absolutely not. Kuwait, Qatar, and the United Arab Emirates didn't seem to think that it was the government's fault, so why do Americans? It's all a bunch of political BS. Keep all of the bogus accusations to yourselves. The average American individual is insignificant, complaining and accusations won't get the job done better or quicker.

I've got 36 days left, then back to good ole Abilene.

January will take me to Puerto Rico for 90 days, so I'm looking forward to that.

post #40 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-18-2005, 07:55 AM
Out

Look people... everyone was told 72 hours prior. If they needed assistance to leave then they should have called during that time. If they couldn't call, their caretaker should have. What is so hard to understand?!?!

It is so easy to blame someone else and all too easy to blame the government for the ignorance of the citizens (even the ones too far gone to help). Sorry people, even a perfect government can't save everyone from one of the largest natural disasters. If you want to complain, go ahead and look like an idiot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement