Latest Gallop Poll - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-08-2005, 09:49 PM Thread Starter
Never settle always excel
 
Pro Trash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Dallas Area, Texas
Posts: 5,268
Latest Gallop Poll

Bush Approval Rating Continues to Drop
Current 40% approval is lowest of administration to date


by Frank Newport and Jeff Jones

President Bush's job approval rating is now at 40%, the lowest of his administration. Bush has averaged 43% across three Gallup Polls conducted in August, marking a slow but steady decline since the beginning of the year. Bush's approval rating has dropped among independents, and has also dropped modestly among Republicans. Bush's August average rating is the lowest for any re-elected president since World War II at a similar point after their re-election, with the exception of Richard Nixon. Only 34% of Americans are satisfied with the way things are going in the United States today -- the lowest satisfaction rating since January 1996.
Pro Trash is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 07:03 AM
Married Man on 14Feb2010
 
TexasDevilDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Fort Worth, Texas (North Side)
Posts: 14,140
That's it. I am not voting for Bush in 2008.
TexasDevilDog is offline  
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 09:15 AM Thread Starter
Never settle always excel
 
Pro Trash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Dallas Area, Texas
Posts: 5,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasDevilDog
That's it. I am not voting for Bush in 2008.
Well I guess some are wishing they hadn't voted for him 2004!
Pro Trash is offline  
 
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 09:17 AM
Married Man on 14Feb2010
 
TexasDevilDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Fort Worth, Texas (North Side)
Posts: 14,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
Well I guess some are wishing they hadn't voted for him 2004!
I didn't vote for him in 2004 either.
TexasDevilDog is offline  
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 09:25 AM
Beer Swillin' Redneck
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Your Mom's House
Posts: 1,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
Well I guess some are wishing they hadn't voted for him 2004!
I did, and I would vote for him again if the election were held today.

"I have taken more out of alcohol than it has taken out of me."

"If not, by age 20, you are a liberal, then you have no heart. If not, by age 30, you are a conservative, then you have no brain.
MouseKiller is offline  
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 09:30 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Wichita Kansas
Posts: 1,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseKiller
I did, and I would vote for him again if the election were held today.
yep
shrp88lx's is offline  
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 09:35 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
It's been proven time and again, that polls are all about wording. Every "exit poll" held in the country during the '04 election, showed that John Kerry was a shoe in. Don't make me get off in your ass, Protrash, you already have 2 strikes against you- 1) you're a liberal, and 2) A&M sucks this year.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
Never settle always excel
 
Pro Trash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Dallas Area, Texas
Posts: 5,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
It's been proven time and again, that polls are all about wording. Every "exit poll" held in the country during the '04 election, showed that John Kerry was a shoe in. Don't make me get off in your ass, Protrash, you already have 2 strikes against you- 1) you're a liberal, and 2) A&M sucks this year.
So last year when people were on here with gallop polls showing support for re-election of Bush why didn't you provide these words of wisdom then? I guess if the gallop said Bush had a 51% job approval that would be more correct. Also what is wrong with the Aggies they played a good game and lost to a good ACC team. You obviously have not been briefed on Clemson and the Valley of Death. They seem to be returning to the 1980s form and they are also in the top 25 after beating us so maybe the initial AP polls were just wrong. Look at OU and several other top 25 teams that got handled this weekend. Who are you Alumni affiliated with? I am not a liberal, I have stated in the past I am fiscally conservative and socially liberal, that does not make one a Liberal. But I guess I could be called worse like Vernut that would be an insult. But even if I were a hard core Liberal I am not sure how that would be considered a strike against me. I know maybe you are just ignorant enough to beleive that anyone who sees things differently than you is just dead wrong. Do you ever get dizzy from the world revolving around you?
Pro Trash is offline  
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 11:54 AM
Recovering Lush
 
HookEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Saginaw, TX
Posts: 10,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
Don't make me get off in your ass, Protrash, you already have 2 strikes against you- 1) you're a liberal(i.e. socialist), and 2) A&M sucks.
Fixed.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[



Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
HookEm is offline  
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 02:14 PM Thread Starter
Never settle always excel
 
Pro Trash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Dallas Area, Texas
Posts: 5,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
Fixed.
Look the fat boy can edit!
Pro Trash is offline  
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 02:35 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
ProTrash,
It's pretty sad when you can't take joke...but, I was born and raised in Austin. Most of my family is from the Hearne/Bryan area. I come from a long line of Democrats who were German and Italian immigrants (fourth generation on both sides). I don't get dizzy, because I'm not living my life sheltered in a classroom, free from the worry of ever losing my job. I've never had faith in polls, because it is all in the presentation. I think you have taken such an ass-whipping on this board, that you are truly bitter. I'm glad people see things differently than me. I don't recall ever calling you ignorant, as it's evident you're well educated. I will, however, call you "mis-lead".

You better hope Clemson is as good as you think, because if they're not, A&M is in serious trouble.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 04:55 PM Thread Starter
Never settle always excel
 
Pro Trash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Dallas Area, Texas
Posts: 5,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
ProTrash,
It's pretty sad when you can't take joke...but, I was born and raised in Austin. Most of my family is from the Hearne/Bryan area. I come from a long line of Democrats who were German and Italian immigrants (fourth generation on both sides). I don't get dizzy, because I'm not living my life sheltered in a classroom, free from the worry of ever losing my job. I've never had faith in polls, because it is all in the presentation. I think you have taken such an ass-whipping on this board, that you are truly bitter. I'm glad people see things differently than me. I don't recall ever calling you ignorant, as it's evident you're well educated. I will, however, call you "mis-lead".

You better hope Clemson is as good as you think, because if they're not, A&M is in serious trouble.

I haven't always been a teacher I was a soldier in a very non "sheltered" life prior to that. I teach because I think it is a job that allows me to give back to society. I don't consider my job sheltered and if you have ever been in an environment where you have abused, poor and special needs children you'd rethink the use of the word sheltered. I am not bitter I just tend to defend myself and have been that way my whole life. I was raised to stand toe to toe and speak up when called to the carpet. I do believe Clemson is that good and I think OU is a lot better than we think currently. I am impressed each year with t.u. the other school in Austin but also know the bug hurdle for them isn't so much OU as it is Mack Brown and big game wins.
Pro Trash is offline  
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 08:44 PM
Recovering Lush
 
HookEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Saginaw, TX
Posts: 10,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
the bug hurdle for them isn't so much OU as it is Mack Brown and big game wins.
Is everything you say based on what your heard on TV? Did ya miss the Rose Bowl? Did ya miss Texas kicking #6 aggy AT B/CS in 98 or 99? Texas beating a Top 10 Nebraska at home, and on the road......
sheez.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[



Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
HookEm is offline  
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-10-2005, 09:22 AM
Horsepower Extractor
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Welding in shorts and a t-shirt.
Posts: 4,738
These are probably the same polls that showed Kerry was going to win the presidential election.

They are probably polling during working hours when lots of us are out working and earning and they are polling people who are sitting at home b!tching and moaning.
66Deuce is offline  
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-10-2005, 09:42 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Bush has just been unlucky.

He's lost two sky scrapers, part of the Pentagon, presided over a recession and lost an entire city in 5 years.

His luck has to change.
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-10-2005, 01:50 PM
NOT the Oldest Fart HERE
 
jyro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Midlothian, Tx
Posts: 4,427
and fought 3 wars

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
Bush has just been unlucky.

He's lost two sky scrapers, part of the Pentagon, presided over a recession and lost an entire city in 5 years.

His luck has to change.
Afganistan, Iraq and the cold war with France Germany Russia Iran and North Korea

And , some can't understand why he needs a vacation.
You actually think this President caused all this, all the above took about 8 years to develop.
jyro is offline  
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 10:03 AM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!
 
Sgt Beavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lake Dallas, TX
Posts: 10,859
If my choices are GWB or John Kerry, then voting for GW becomes a no brainer. Face it, when it comes to QUALITY candidates the best the Dems can do is Joe Lieberman, and they didn't have the intelligence to nominate him. Otherwise, a Democrat MIGHT have won in 2004.

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
Sgt Beavis is offline  
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 10:09 AM
not exclude
 
exlude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis
If my choices are GWB or John Kerry, then voting for GW becomes a no brainer. Face it, when it comes to QUALITY candidates the best the Dems can do is Joe Lieberman, and they didn't have the intelligence to nominate him. Otherwise, a Democrat MIGHT have won in 2004.
As far as likeability, I thought both Dean and Clark were givens over Kerry. I will never understand how Kerry ended up getting the nomination.
exlude is offline  
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 10:16 AM
Banned
 
aceman85turbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: If I listened to you, i would have a mustang just like yours!
Posts: 1,752
i would vote for bush again.....

fuck the haters.
aceman85turbo is offline  
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 11:56 AM Thread Starter
Never settle always excel
 
Pro Trash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Dallas Area, Texas
Posts: 5,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
Is everything you say based on what your heard on TV? Did ya miss the Rose Bowl? Did ya miss Texas kicking #6 aggy AT B/CS in 98 or 99? Texas beating a Top 10 Nebraska at home, and on the road......
sheez.
No I think t.u. is a great ball club but it seems when one team constantly owns your ass it isn't so much your atheletes as it is coaching at that level. I can understand how teams in the top rated between let's say 7-25 n the polls have maybe been over rated but this does not apply to programs like tu or USC. These teams have the full package. I also understand when a team gets beat by a rival but t.u. has been beaten each year wether it be on the road or home. As for the Ohio game congrats but seeing that Texas has a questionable record 12-16 (after last nights win) against non-conference foes, including 8-7 (after last nights win) in the last three years. Ohio was 10-5 in non-conference games over the last three years now 10-6 after last nights loss. I don't need to watch TV and simply repeat what they say, I can read the stats and develop a cognitive opinion.
Pro Trash is offline  
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 11:58 AM Thread Starter
Never settle always excel
 
Pro Trash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Dallas Area, Texas
Posts: 5,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyro
Afganistan, Iraq and the cold war with France Germany Russia Iran and North Korea

And , some can't understand why he needs a vacation.
You actually think this President caused all this, all the above took about 8 years to develop.
LMAO about a cold war with France and Germany, if you go much further right on that you'll reach the far side of the left with Stalin.
Pro Trash is offline  
post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 02:48 PM
NOT the Oldest Fart HERE
 
jyro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Midlothian, Tx
Posts: 4,427
I wondered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
LMAO about a cold war with France and Germany, if you go much further right on that you'll reach the far side of the left with Stalin.
If you would catch that. lol
It's been like a war trying to get them to --- help in iraq, come clean on food for oil, standing up to terrorism in their own countries.

Last edited by jyro; 09-12-2005 at 07:00 PM.
jyro is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome