Evacuees at Duncanville 1st Baptist Church - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 09-04-2005, 02:53 PM Thread Starter
Out

Evacuees at Duncanville 1st Baptist Church

I also have this posted in the Theology Forum...

We're currently housing 89 guests that were victims of the hurricane. We have a capacity to house 300 (per the fire marshal) and we've given an open invite to the buses coming in. I actually think there are some designated just for the church currently enroute. Duncanville FBC is working with the Duncanville Outreach Center to meet the needs of these people. It's kinda nice to see different organizations and churches helping us, but it's a real treat to see people who don't even attend a church come out to help us help them.

It's one thing to watch the news and think about how tragic the situation is, but a completely different experience to actually be in the presence of the victims. A friend of mine was telling me he was playing Uno with a 10 year old boy last night who didn't even know if he still had a mother. A lot of the guests attended the Sunday School and church services today. A few have even been reunited with family members that live around here or that were evacuated by different routes. We're doing what we can to provide for these people, but it looks as if we'll be getting more eventually and some might be here for months. If anyone would like to help out, anything would help. Volunteers would be greatly appreciated. We have a website that is updated regularly by the church with anything needed or wanted.

http://duncanvillefbc.org/disasterrelief.htm

This would be a perfect opportunity to directly help some people who have gone through a lot. If you have any other questions or comments, feel free to call any of the coordinators or email the church. Thanks and God Bless!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement