Bush's take on evolution - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-04-2005, 05:56 AM Thread Starter

Bush's take on evolution

If your tired of talking about bush and his policies, feel free to talk about his take on evolution.

Bush believes that evolution is just a theory, but evolution is a model that describes how life changes over time and adapts to survive and reproduce. It has tons of data that proves the model through and through. It is not a theory or an explantion where life came from, so for bush to call it just a theory is absolutely ridiculous. I just want to know how he can get away with saying that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-04-2005, 06:18 AM
NOT the Oldest Fart HERE

It's called FREE SPEECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyk10971
I just want to know how he can get away with saying that?
You enjoy it, why shouldn't he?
post #3 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-04-2005, 06:36 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyro
You enjoy it, why shouldn't he?
I enjoy what?

post #4 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-05-2005, 04:03 PM
D
Sofa Kingdom

Quote:
I enjoy what?
You enjoy free speech ya tard.

I tend to agree with him. Bush is a hardcore Christain, most like him tend to think the same way.

post #5 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-05-2005, 04:57 PM
Recovering Lush

Hey tard....
It's called THE THEORY of Evolution.
Not the LAW of Evolution, a la The LAW of Gravity.
It's unproven, due to many reasons: mainly, large gaps in the fossil record, and an incredible lack of the supcpecies Darwin theorized must exist...before he denounced the entire THEORY.

Quote:
If your tired of talking about bush and his policies, feel free to talk about his take on evolution.

Bush believes that evolution is just a theory, but evolution is a model that describes how life changes over time and adapts to survive and reproduce. It has tons of data that proves the model through and through. It is not a theory or an explantion where life came from, so for bush to call it just a theory is absolutely ridiculous. I just want to know how he can get away with saying that?

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
post #6 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-05-2005, 05:39 PM
you wanna run?

Quote:
uuuuhhhhh dude, what you are explaining is ADAPTATION not evolution. No one has ever witnessed or recorded a cat turning into a dog. And I don't care how many millions of years you wait... It ain't gonna happen.

Formerly on the Submarine USS Maryland SSBN 738G
post #7 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-05-2005, 08:08 PM
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Quote:

It is called theory of evolution, for a reason. Science is based on hypothesis, experimentation and conclusion of proof.
post #8 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 02:53 AM Thread Starter

What bush said would be classified as free speech, i am not disputing that. What he said was false. I just think we need a president who is more educated, because if you cant see that evolution is more than "just a theory", then you cant understand how life works on this earth. Bush is denying evolution because it conflicts with his beliefs. but a belief is nothing but a practiced thought. So how can you base your life on a thought? How about living your life instead of sheltering it with beliefs and ignorance.

Check out this website, it can help you better understand where i am coming from. If you click on the link on the bottom it takes you to a website that compares evolution to creationism. And dont think this is my only source of info, there is tons of more information on evolution that I encourage you all to look into.
http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaver...2437/intro.htm
post #9 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 03:51 AM

Quote:
What bush said would be classified as free speech, i am not disputing that. What he said was false. I just think we need a president who is more educated, because if you cant see that evolution is more than "just a theory", then you cant understand how life works on this earth. Bush is denying evolution because it conflicts with his beliefs. but a belief is nothing but a practiced thought. So how can you base your life on a thought? How about living your life instead of sheltering it with beliefs and ignorance.[/URL]
Last I checked Bush is living his life (and running yours while he is at it )... whether he believes in the 'theory' of evolution or not is irrelevant. Notice theory in quotes because... once again it is not proven.

And for you to say that what he said is false is an opinion... unless you have the undeniable proof needed to change that 'theory' into 'law'.
post #10 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 04:35 AM
Wolverines!!!

Quote:
What bush said would be classified as free speech, i am not disputing that. What he said was false. I just think we need a president who is more educated, because if you cant see that evolution is more than "just a theory", then you cant understand how life works on this earth. Bush is denying evolution because it conflicts with his beliefs. but a belief is nothing but a practiced thought. So how can you base your life on a thought? How about living your life instead of sheltering it with beliefs and ignorance.

Check out this website, it can help you better understand where i am coming from. If you click on the link on the bottom it takes you to a website that compares evolution to creationism. And dont think this is my only source of info, there is tons of more information on evolution that I encourage you all to look into.
You come up with more retarded shit to say every day.
post #11 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 05:30 AM
Beer Swillin' Redneck

Quote:

I fail to see how saying the that THEORY of evolution is "just a theory" is false in any way, shape, or form. I would say Bush is calling it like it is, that is one quality I admire in the man.

Please tell us how the theory of evolution is "more than just a theory". How about the big bang theory? Is that more than just a theory too?

I will remind you that science + bias = poor results and ignorance. I know you have heard that some extermemly religious people speak out against the theory of evolution, but bear in mind there are also those who use the theory of evolution to lash out against organized religion as a whole.

"I have taken more out of alcohol than it has taken out of me."

"If not, by age 20, you are a liberal, then you have no heart. If not, by age 30, you are a conservative, then you have no brain.
post #12 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 07:12 AM
Recovering Lush

Look monkey boy......
It's called the
THEORY OF EVOLUTION.
Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Quote:

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #13 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 08:15 AM
Never settle always excel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillip
uuuuhhhhh dude, what you are explaining is ADAPTATION not evolution. No one has ever witnessed or recorded a cat turning into a dog. And I don't care how many millions of years you wait... It ain't gonna happen.
I don't find that the definition of evolution supports transformation as in your cat to dog idea. The dictionary states:

"existing animals and plants developed by a process of gradual, continuous change from previously existing forms. This theory, also known as descent with modification, constitutes organic evolution. Inorganic evolution, on the other hand, is concerned with the development of the physical universe from unorganized matter. Organic evolution, as opposed to belief in the special creation of each individual species as an immutable form, conceives of life as having had its beginnings in a simple primordial protoplasmic mass (probably originating in the sea) from which, through the long eras of time, arose all subsequent living forms."
post #14 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 08:22 AM
Never settle always excel

Quote:

If the only thing I didn't like about Bush was his belief that evolution is theory, then I'd have no problem at all. Science and religion have always had a conflict of interest. Their are those who believe in the "theory" and those who believe in god. I find it funny that people make Darwin out to be anti-religious he was not Darwin simply theorized this idea, he was actually agnostic. I really liike the fact that Bush is a christian, it one trait I admire about him.
post #15 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 08:26 AM
Lifer

Uh-oh! Looks like we have some people here that don't understand scientific theory!!

A law defines a single, simple concept. Laws are built on mathematical data.

A theory defines a complex series of related concepts. Theories are built on empirical (experimental) data.

Both are accepted as scientific FACT. A law cannot be altered, but a theory can - in order to accomodate any new evidence. A scientific theory can be used to make predictions of events. While small components within a theory are subject to interpretation - and hence are subject to change - that does not change the fact that the theory is a device that is a useful tool for predicting outcomes.

Two-hundred or so years have shown that the Theory of Evolution is an excellent predictor for hypotheses. When Darwin saw an orchid from Madagascar (he never visited the place) with an eleven-inch long pistile (pollen receptacle), he predicted that there would be a flying creature with an eleven-inch long proboscis that would be able to pollinate it. Forty years later, the Madagascar Sphinx Moth was discovered...

You own a vehicle - that is a fact. It will get you home tonight - that is a theory.

I don't see you arguing the concepts that have allowed us to define Electromagnetic Theory, or the Theory of Relativity...
post #16 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 08:30 AM
Time Served

I'm glad that Bush is acknowledging of both ends of the spectrum. I've always believed personally that evolution was a product of God. Just because the Bible doesn't spell it out doesn't mean that it can't be. And we're not talking about apes becoming men here. We're talking about certain genes being passed on to offspring to help ensure future propogation of the species.

'89 convertible with a few things done
post #17 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 08:31 AM
Recovering Lush

What's to argue? The originator of this thread hasa beef because W called the Theory of Evolution, the Theory of Evolution........

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Tbird
Uh-oh! Looks like we have some people here that don't understand scientific theory!!

A law defines a single, simple concept. Laws are built on mathematical data.

A theory defines a complex series of related concepts. Theories are built on empirical (experimental) data.

Both are accepted as scientific FACT. A law cannot be altered, but a theory can - in order to accomodate any new evidence. A scientific theory can be used to make predictions of events. While small components within a theory are subject to interpretation - and hence are subject to change - that does not change the fact that the theory is a device that is a useful tool for predicting outcomes.

Two-hundred or so years have shown that the Theory of Evolution is an excellent predictor for hypotheses. When Darwin saw an orchid from Madagascar (he never visited the place) with an eleven-inch long pistile (pollen receptacle), he predicted that there would be a flying creature with an eleven-inch long proboscis that would be able to pollinate it. Forty years later, the Madagascar Sphinx Moth was discovered...

You own a vehicle - that is a fact. It will get you home tonight - that is a theory.

I don't see you arguing the concepts that have allowed us to define Electromagnetic Theory, or the Theory of Relativity...

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #18 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 08:32 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
What's to argue? The originator of this thread hasa beef because W called the Theory of Evolution, the Theory of Evolution........
That's who I was talking to.
post #19 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 08:35 AM
Recovering Lush

Progressive creationism......

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89 drop top stang
I'm glad that Bush is acknowledging of both ends of the spectrum. I've always believed personally that evolution was a product of God. Just because the Bible doesn't spell it out doesn't mean that it can't be. And we're not talking about apes becoming men here. We're talking about certain genes being passed on to offspring to help ensure future propogation of the species.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #20 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 08:35 AM
Recovering Lush

Quote:
That's who I was talking to.
damn it.....stupid caffeine! Work, damn you!

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #21 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 08:41 AM
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Quote:
Ok, here is a test for your theory.

According to the theory, single celled organisms that reproduced through fission came first, later multi celled organisms that used fusion reproduction. What was the evolutionary catalyst that "evolved" an organisms from fission reproduction to fusion reproduction? There must have been a creature that did both? Where is it today?

Where is the proof?
post #22 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 08:52 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasDevilDog
There must have been a creature that did both?
This is an assumption.
Quote:
Where is it today?
Why would it have to be living today? Where is your great great great great grandmother?
Quote:
Where is the proof?
That proof has not been found, just like the "evidence" of the first life form on earth. Therefore scientists use the theory to predict what they will find if evidence appears.

Prove to me that they won't find that evidence.
post #23 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 09:17 AM
Racist....that means you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
Look monkey boy......
It's called the
THEORY OF EVOLUTION.
Stupid, stupid, stupid.
Can't really argue with that.
post #24 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 10:05 AM
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Quote:
This is an assumption.Why would it have to be living today? Where is your great great great great grandmother? That proof has not been found, just like the "evidence" of the first life form on earth. Therefore scientists use the theory to predict what they will find if evidence appears.

Prove to me that they won't find that evidence.
Nice deflections. What was the catalyst? Any speculation is ok with me.
post #25 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 10:23 AM
Lifer

There's no deflections there at all. I answered your questions.

The catalyst? God, of course. To me, evolution and creationism are not contradictory unless you have a fundamentalist belief in either of them.
post #26 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 10:25 AM
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Quote:

The catalyst? God, of course. To me, evolution and creationism are not contradictory unless you have a fundamentalist belief in either of them.
Darn intelligent design people!
post #27 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 10:27 AM
Lifer

We're fucking assholes.
post #28 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 11:27 AM
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Quote:
We're fucking assholes.
I don't think god created a static world. I don't think a worm will ever become a bird after a billion years, even under the perfect conditions.
post #29 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 11:42 AM
Lifer

Quote:
I don't think god created a static world. I don't think a worm will ever become a bird after a billion years, even under the perfect conditions.
So is that an exaggeration, or are you just blatantly ignorant of the concepts behind evolution?

(worms don't become birds, dogs don't become cats, and cows don't become frogs )
post #30 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 11:47 AM
Lifer

Quote:

..yep
post #31 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 11:59 AM
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Quote:
(worms don't become birds, dogs don't become cats, and cows don't become frogs )
Why not?
post #32 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 12:34 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Why not?
What do you mean "why not?"

Have you ever seen a family tree? You're descended from your ancestors, not from other random people. There is logic to this...
post #33 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 12:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Ok, here is a test for your theory.

According to the theory, single celled organisms that reproduced through fission came first, later multi celled organisms that used fusion reproduction. What was the evolutionary catalyst that "evolved" an organisms from fission reproduction to fusion reproduction? There must have been a creature that did both? Where is it today?

Where is the proof?
It seems that you didn't look at the website that I put up. I dont know the exact mechanism that singled celled organims used to evolve but one good way of thinking of it is that two heads are better than one. When singled celled organims reproduce, they pass on the same set of genes that they originally had, so in a sense they are immortal. So when the same set of genes are passed on they are limited to the flexibility of their genes. But when you start mixing up DNA with two different organisms, the offspring has a better chance of surviving with a better set of genes. You have to actually study biology to understand how evolution works. And saying that god had a role in the evolution of humans is a bunch of bullshiit, because that is the easy way out. Looking through the evidence and using experiments to rectify your your hypothesis is a way of understanding life. We have had religion around for thousands of years and look where it has got us today. There is not a single drop of proof that god exists except from a book that has had many of translations.
post #34 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 01:09 PM
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Quote:
It seems that you didn't look at the website that I put up. I dont know the exact mechanism that singled celled organims used to evolve but one good way of thinking of it is that two heads are better than one. When singled celled organims reproduce, they pass on the same set of genes that they originally had, so in a sense they are immortal. So when the same set of genes are passed on they are limited to the flexibility of their genes. But when you start mixing up DNA with two different organisms, the offspring has a better chance of surviving with a better set of genes. You have to actually study biology to understand how evolution works. And saying that god had a role in the evolution of humans is a bunch of bullshiit, because that is the easy way out. Looking through the evidence and using experiments to rectify your your hypothesis is a way of understanding life. We have had religion around for thousands of years and look where it has got us today. There is not a single drop of proof that god exists except from a book that has had many of translations.
You didn't address the fission to fusion part. What made a creature to go from splitting in half, to having sex with another creature, if the DNA passed on from one generation to another is the same. That would be like a woman one day, plopping out an egg and babies becoming hached nine months later.
post #35 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 01:13 PM
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Quote:
What do you mean "why not?"

Have you ever seen a family tree? You're descended from your ancestors, not from other random people. There is logic to this...
If a dinosaur can become a bird, why not a worm? You are limiting your evolution.
post #36 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 01:14 PM
Racist....that means you!

Quote:
You didn't address the fission to fusion part. What made a creature to go from splitting in half, to having sex with another creature, if the DNA passed on from one generation to another is the same. That would be like a woman one day, plopping out an egg and babies becoming hached nine months later.
It could happen.
post #37 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 01:24 PM
Lifer

Quote:
If a dinosaur can become a bird, why not a worm? You are limiting your evolution.
No, I'm not. I don't have the time or desire (or expertise) to break down the causes and reprocussions of speciation for you, but you should take some time to investigate it.
post #38 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 01:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I did address the issue on fission and fusion, I said I do not know, I am not a cellular biologist. Did you look at the website or not? This would help you greatly because it sounds like you dont have a education in biology past high school, and we all know how great the texas education system is. If you are ever going to see past god and his glory (smoke and mirrors), you need to educate yourself.
post #39 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 01:41 PM
Recovering Lush

This, coming from someone who can't differentiate between a LAW and a THEORY....

Quote:
I did address the issue on fission and fusion, I said I do not know, I am not a cellular biologist. Did you look at the website or not? This would help you greatly because it sounds like you dont have a education in biology past high school, and we all know how great the texas education system is. If you are ever going to see past god and his glory (smoke and mirrors), you need to educate yourself.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #40 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 01:50 PM

Quote:
It's called faith dude, and for you to brush people off as ignorant because they believe is simply asinine. Tell that to the to the 240 million Americans that believe in God.

Are you a biologist? Or did you just study biology in college? If you are a biologist , I'd like to see some of your essays, publications, etc. What do you mean by your statement "We have had religion around for thousands of years and look where it got us today?"
post #41 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 02:37 PM
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Quote:
Your correct. I be so dumb from tex ass school. I aint grade-ate but soon I do.

What is your education? You sound pretty pompous for coiming here to bash other people's belief and calling them dumb for believing what they do.
post #42 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 03:36 PM
you wanna run?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
I don't find that the definition of evolution supports transformation as in your cat to dog idea. The dictionary states:

"existing animals and plants developed by a process of gradual, continuous change from previously existing forms. This theory, also known as descent with modification, constitutes organic evolution. Inorganic evolution, on the other hand, is concerned with the development of the physical universe from unorganized matter. Organic evolution, as opposed to belief in the special creation of each individual species as an immutable form, conceives of life as having had its beginnings in a simple primordial protoplasmic mass (probably originating in the sea) from which, through the long eras of time, arose all subsequent living forms."
so what you are saying is that a dog turns into another dog, and a cat turns into another cat therefore ADAPTATION we have all whitnessed this I think that another word for it is Microevolution.
Macroevolution (I think) is monkey turns to man, or fish turns to lizard, or grandpa was a chimp, and great great great grandpa was a rock that lightning hit, and created life.

post #43 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 03:37 PM
Worship me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattica
It's called faith dude, and for you to brush people off as ignorant because they believe is simply asinine. Tell that to the to the 240 million Americans that believe in God.
If the number of followers is what determines who is right, I hate to break the news to you that Islam has got you beat by quite a bit.

You aren't going to prove/disprove evolution, nor the existence of God so i don't really see the sense in this thread. You either believe it or you don't.
post #44 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 03:48 PM
you wanna run?

Quote:

hey man you want a website try these
http://www.gorepent.com/en/ebible.html
and click on the creation vs Evolution at the top.
the debates and downloads on this site are cool www.drdino.com

post #45 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 05:01 PM
Boost is Good

Quote:

Are you talking about Micro-evolution or Macro-evolution? Micro-evolution is actually a vital part of creationism. I think you are confused.
post #46 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 05:14 PM
Baller

Holy shit 46tbird....are you saying theres a way to experiment and test evolution...A process that requires thousands of years to happen? First off, there is no solid evidence to prove evolution, so why teach it? Adaptation and evolution are similar yet different. Adaptation is the change in any form of organic matter to better suit their environment. Evolutionary law naturally states that we came from monkeys. There are several variants of evolution. The "theory" of evolution is very weak, and thats why it isn't widely accepted.
post #47 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 08:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattica

Are you a biologist? Or did you just study biology in college? If you are a biologist , I'd like to see some of your essays, publications, etc. What do you mean by your statement "We have had religion around for thousands of years and look where it got us today?"
I really dont care if you believe in god or not, but I do care that people try to bring god into evolution and say he had a part in it, because he didn't. Thousands of years ago people only knew of god as the originator of life, but when science came along and started to lay out how life works, suddenly god comes into the picture to fill the blanks of evolution.

I am not a biologist but i am a biology major. I am not trying to crush everybody's beliefs about god. I just want to let you know that evoulution is a vital part of science and has nothing to do with religon, so god needs to stay in church not in shcool.

You can believe whatever you want, but it is not valid until you prove it. Science has proved itself but religon keeps on making circles. What i meant with my statement was that religon has been around for a while but things didn't get better until science came along.
post #48 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 08:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Your correct. I be so dumb from tex ass school. I aint grade-ate but soon I do.

What is your education? You sound pretty pompous for coiming here to bash other people's belief and calling them dumb for believing what they do.
I did not say you were dumb nor did I call anyone else dumb.i know how bad public high shcool education is, I've been there. I spent my first two years in college having to relearn everything that was supposed to be taught in high school. You can believe what ever you like, but dont try to mix science and religon together.
post #49 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 09:49 PM
not exclude

<---Biology major, focus: Human Biology and Genetics

To me, macroevolution is borderline undeniable. We might not see mamallian macroevolution on a daily basis because it takes too long (longer than our scientific history), but the evidence is in plant evolution. Plants speciate regularly, withing a year. We have seen it and it has been documented, speciation in process.

I further believe (staying in mind with actual evidence) that there was no "creation" as stated in the Bible.

HOWEVER, the one thing that NO ONE can definitively argue (not even the great Darwin himself) is how did it all get there? Dating back to string theory and pre-Big Boom moments, no one can say if a god did or did not put matter there or where matter came from. It is just as logical to say that "matter has always existed" as it is to say "a god always existed".

I consider myself a fairly informed atheist, but I am absolutely stumped when it comes to pre-bigbang era. I absolutely have no clue. It is the one place I could accept a creator (but of the "hands off" style).

It's foolish to try to argue either way. Even more, it's non-scientific to say you know definitively either way. There are VERY few definitive answers in science. Does that make the science weaker than faith? Science is set up so everything is always questioned.

Just to clarify, there seems to be some confusion as to what macroevolution actually is. Macroevolution, simply, revolves around the idea that one species can, through evolution, become another species. The tricky part in putting this all together is the definition of the word "species". I think it's best said as, "A reproductively isolated aggregate of interbreeding organisms." Keys being, two different species are different in morphological variations and they can produce fertile offspring. It is a theory and is designed so it really can never be proved (try applying math to evolution, that isn't statistics).

Ex. A lion and tiger can breed, but are not the same species because a) they are morphologically different and b) their offspring is sterile.

Another decent definition: "a population of individuals that are alike, are able to breed and produce fertile offspring under natural conditions"
post #50 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 11:23 PM
NOT the Oldest Fart HERE

I have thought about this a lot

How did a womans hymen evolve, was it placed there by God through evolution to reinforce the rules he setdown? As far as I know , human women is the only life form to have it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement