Bush Denies Foreign Aid for New Orleans - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 08:21 PM Thread Starter

Bush Denies Foreign Aid for New Orleans

I threw this in here because as far as I am concerned Katrina inflicted her own brand of terror on the poor people of New Orleans.

I heard on the radio today that GW has denied aid services from foreign allies. This may be more propoganda horse crap fed to me by my own Canadian Government so my mind is open to anyone with factual info on the subject. I have often posted about my lack of faith in info provided to me by the media or my own government and often prefer to hear it from someone who has intimate knowledge. I heard on the radio today that GW has denied foreign support to the people of the Katrina disaster. Canada has offered to help with supplies and man power to help the battered city. I know Canada does not have the millitary power of the U.S. We often commit our boys to peace keeping once you guys kick some ass. Hey thats cool, I am still proud as long as we have got your boys and girls backs in some way. GW said " this is a national issue and we will take care of it ourselves!" Why would he have this stance, if he said this? Hell, sometimes it is okay to lean on a pal when things are tough. If this is true, GW is being stupid. So many are suffering and will suffer before this is all over. Maybe I feel obliged to help and proud that Canada could help, I don't know. If someone can confirm this or refute please go ahead. My prayers go to all who are suffering.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 08:30 PM
Got Lateral G's??

Well, it's also been said that GW started the hurricane and flew planes full of dry ice into the storm to send it straight to the refineries so he could make more oil money.

If you believe any of this then there is some dry land in New Orleans I want to sell you......

Looking for sponsorships for 2010 on the car above... PM for details and schedule.

I'm a mod motor GOD! LOL!
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 08:42 PM Thread Starter

LIke I said, I am open minded to it being hogwash. And I wish there was some dry land in New orleans that could buy and donate back to the people.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 09:09 PM Thread Starter

Just saw this on a local Mustang site:

Statement by the Government of Canada in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina

August 30, 2005 -- The Government of Canada today issued the following statement in support of those who have endured the devastation wrought by Hurricane Katrina in the United States:

“On behalf of all Canadians, I wish to extend our heartfelt condolences to those who have lost loved ones as a result of Hurricane Katrina, as well as our sympathies to those who have suffered great losses and personal hardship,” said Deputy Prime Minister Anne McLellan. “During this difficult time, we are offering our support to our friends and neighbours.”

The Deputy Prime Minister added that she has contacted U.S. Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff and advised him that Canada stands ready to provide assistance if needed. In addition, the Minister of Health, Ujjal Dosanjh, has directed the Public Health Agency of Canada to contact the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and offer any assistance that may be helpful, such as emergency medical supplies contained in the National Emergency Stockpile System.

Foreign Affairs Minister Pierre Pettigrew echoed the comments made by the Deputy Prime Minister and expressed relief that no Canadians had been reported dead or missing. “We have successfully contacted the majority of those Canadians who are registered with our missions and who may have been affected by the disaster,” said Minister Pettigrew. “We are confident that the U.S. authorities are deploying all possible efforts to assist them.”

“An advisory warning Canadians against all travel to the North Central Gulf Coast from Morgan City, Louisiana, eastward to the Alabama/Florida border, including the city of New Orleans and Lake Pontchartrain, was posted on August 28th,” noted Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Foreign Affairs Dan McTeague. He added that Canadians in these areas have been advised to follow the advice of the local authorities.

Canadians with good reason to believe that Canadian friends or relatives are in the affected areas may contact Foreign Affairs Canada's Emergency Operations Centre at
1-800-267-6788, or in Ottawa at (613) 944-6788.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 09:37 PM
Lifer

Japan's sending Playstations.....
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-02-2005, 08:47 AM
Lifer

We aren't "denying" anything.

We don't have the logistics in place to even accept foreign aid yet.

Right now we're mobilizing what we can, and it appears that we have enough resources to cover the immediate crisis. But you fellas keep your hand out in the coming months... I bet we'll be taking you up on it.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-02-2005, 09:03 AM
Never settle always excel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Tbird
We aren't "denying" anything.

We don't have the logistics in place to even accept foreign aid yet.

Right now we're mobilizing what we can, and it appears that we have enough resources to cover the immediate crisis. But you fellas keep your hand out in the coming months... I bet we'll be taking you up on it.

Please define "it appears that we have enough resources to cover the immediate crisis" . We don't seem to have any control of that crisis.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-02-2005, 10:19 AM
Got Lateral G's??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
Please define "it appears that we have enough resources to cover the immediate crisis" . We don't seem to have any control of that crisis.
We have the means, but no one has the balls to use it....

Looking for sponsorships for 2010 on the car above... PM for details and schedule.

I'm a mod motor GOD! LOL!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-02-2005, 10:48 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
That means that from California to Maine, from North Dakota to Texas, we have enough resources to adequately handle the situation.

The problem is LOGISTICS, as I stated.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-02-2005, 10:50 AM
Ted
Opulance. I has it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw33
Japan's sending Playstations.....
Stankonia said they would drop bombs over Baghdad
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-03-2005, 04:42 AM Thread Starter

I heard today exactly what you are saying 46TBird. I also heard that Canada is sending 1000 engineers, divers, volunteers, etc as of Mon. I hope they will make a difference. There was an article in the paper as well about a number of truckers who are headed south as soon as their trucks are loaded. They have organized numerous donations from various grocery chains up here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement