Bush’s approval rating falls to new low - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 07:53 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Bush’s approval rating falls to new low

53 percent say they disapprove of president in new Post-ABC survey

Rising gas prices and ongoing bloodshed in Iraq continue to take their toll on President Bush, whose standing with the public has sunk to an all-time low, according to the latest Washington Post-ABC News poll.

Just an FYI for all the Bush followers!!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9137364/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 07:56 AM
Which one's the clutch?

People are ignorant.
gas prices are high, its bush's fault.
omfg a hurricane damn bush!
people in china are hungry, bush is such a dick.

And it seems that it dropped due to gas prices according to abc, and the iraq rating hasent dropped much.

1987 Nissan pick up-wrecked
1984 Ponitiac grand am-sold
1988 Buick lasabre-sold
1987 Nissan 300zx-sold intake/exhaust
2001 Yamaha r6-sold slip on
2004 Yamaha r1-sold full exhaust
1991 Nissan 240sx-torn down,almost built up.
1994 toyota celica-blown up. exhaust
2005 Honda accord-daily.
post #3 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 08:04 AM
PAN

Everything is Bushs fault.

Damn but some of you people are pathetic. So how long until you post up that Bush called mother nature and ordered this hurricane up?

post #4 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 08:20 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

This shows how wishy washy people are.

They support you as long as things are going good, but as soon as things don't go there way, they change their mind. It's no wonder the politicians are the same way.
post #5 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 08:22 AM
Served Time

I've never liked the fucker.
post #6 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 08:22 AM
Recovering Lush

https://www.dfwstangs.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
post #7 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 08:25 AM
Racist....that means you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0Coupe93
.I don't know shit about him,but I think I do, so I will jump on the retarded liberal bandwagon and bash him.
fixed
post #8 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 08:26 AM
Resident Curmudgeon

I'll take GWB and Cheney running my country any day... over that french loving worm John Kerry or perhaps that fat ankled bitch Hillary Clinton...

Fuel prices will stabilize and are controlled by supply and demand... quit buying so much... it'll go down. If we keep using it at the current pace, it will continue to climb.

Iraq is a temporary problem... the plan to get out is forth coming, but we still have a year or two before we're finished over there.

Keep the faith Americans....

or perhaps you'd rather live in France.

mardyn

R.I.P. James E. Berry 01/03/57-- 01/14/05

post #9 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mardyn
I'll take GWB and Cheney running my country any day... over that french loving worm John Kerry or perhaps that fat ankled bitch Hillary Clinton...

Fuel prices will stabilize and are controlled by supply and demand... quit buying so much... it'll go down. If we keep using it at the current pace, it will continue to climb.

Iraq is a temporary problem... the plan to get out is forth coming, but we still have a year or two before we're finished over there.

Keep the faith Americans....

or perhaps you'd rather live in France.

mardyn
You sir, deserve a beer.
post #10 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 08:40 AM
Served Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
fixed
lol, go suck Bush's dick some more....
post #11 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mardyn

mardyn
That's impossible. We are using gas like we've been using it for the last 80 years- excessively. Until we start buying hybrids/bicycles/public transportation, the gas will continue to climb until it stabilizes at the level which we use it at (probably somewhere around 4-5/gallon). Gas is three times as expensive in France, but their economy doesn't revolve around it- like ours does.
post #12 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 08:57 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateo5.0
Gas is three times as expensive in France, but their economy doesn't revolve around it- like ours does.
It doesn't have to. French cities were developed before the advent of automobiles - and they don't HAVE to drive to do things like we do here in America. Our transportation infrastructure is designed around the long range automobile trip.
post #13 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Tbird
It doesn't have to. French cities were developed before the advent of automobiles - and they don't HAVE to drive to do things like we do here in America. Our transportation infrastructure is designed around the long range automobile trip.

werd.
post #14 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 09:18 AM
Recovering Lush

So move your Michael Moore schlong worshipping ass to France.

Quote:
That's impossible. We are using gas like we've been using it for the last 80 years- excessively. Until we start buying hybrids/bicycles/public transportation, the gas will continue to climb until it stabilizes at the level which we use it at (probably somewhere around 4-5/gallon). Gas is three times as expensive in France, but their economy doesn't revolve around it- like ours does.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #15 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 09:44 AM
Lifer

Quote:
So what are you doing to help? Don't tell me what I should do, show by your own example.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #16 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 10:01 AM
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90 Notch
So what are you doing to help? Don't tell me what I should do, show by your own example.
hopefully, move to France.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #17 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 10:10 AM
Banned

Location: If I listened to you, i would have a mustang just like yours!
fuck the haters.

eat shit and die you dumb media-controlled bitches.
post #18 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 10:17 AM

Quote:
dar har har.....good comeback slobberhead.
post #19 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 10:21 AM
Token Troll

Same thing happened with Bush I.

Economy was slowing down...gotta blame the pres, so people voted Clinton in and enjoyed the 'net boom. :S
post #20 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 10:38 AM

The only way to truly judge a president is a decade after his term, once all the truths come out about his decisions and actions. I don't think Bush's legacy will be a positive one rightly or wrongly.
post #21 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 10:45 AM
Recovering Lush

Bush stopped the terrorist attacks on America. While we were getting hit what....? once every 6 months under Slick, we get hit. Since 9/11, we have yet to be hit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technique
The only way to truly judge a president is a decade after his term, once all the truths come out about his decisions and actions. I don't think Bush's legacy will be a positive one rightly or wrongly.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org

Last edited by HookEm; 08-31-2005 at 11:23 AM.
post #22 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 10:52 AM

Like I said "rightly or wrongly". Let's be serious for a second who really knows anymore what the damn truth is. Governments lie to their people to "protect them" while the media plays whatever stirs a fuss up in society. I lived in the U.S. during Bush's first term and had no problems with him or his policies.
post #23 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 12:29 PM
Time Served

i saw a really good freakin article on cnn, they basically went through all the presidents since wwII and compared their approval ratings to bush.

i cant find the exact same article but here are bits and pieces of info from other sources, its just an interesting read.

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/polit...acy010117.html (oops, this one is for clinton, i'll find a bush)

http://www.heartheissues.com/america...al82005-g.html

http://www.heartheissues.com/america...pproval-g.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...nd_071204.html (i could probably find this info on every pres.)

Last edited by buzntxn; 08-31-2005 at 12:35 PM.
post #24 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 03:46 PM
Boost is Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by line-em-up

Rising gas prices and ongoing bloodshed in Iraq continue to take their toll on President Bush, whose standing with the public has sunk to an all-time low, according to the latest Washington Post-ABC News poll.

apperently John Kerry's Polls were up big time before he lost the election big time. Polls mean BS now days most of the time.
post #25 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 03:47 PM
Boost is Good

Quote:
LOL, go suck Michael Moore schlong (oh what he has) some more..
post #26 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 03:51 PM
Lifer

Fat-Ass Michael Moore is in some type of Re-Hab right now. Won't say why...guesses?

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #27 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 03:53 PM
Time Served

Its Bush's fault my weenie is so small.

post #28 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 04:00 PM
Which one's the clutch?

i wonder what the exact questions they asked on the polls were? like "Do you approve of the way bush is leading the country" or like "do you like high gas prices"

1988 Buick lasabre-sold
2005 Honda accord-daily.
post #29 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 04:22 PM
Lifer

These polls, and most media, are full of shit. Take the sports section out of the Dallas Morning News, and you can wipe your ass with it. It's like reading the National Inquirer...minus the alien and Elvis sightings.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #30 of 60 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 07:57 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfordfan1
Its Bush's fault my weenie is so small.
I'm not sure I would have disclosed that, no matter whose fault it is.
post #31 of 60 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 07:58 PM

Quote:
I'm not sure I would have disclosed that, no matter whose fault it is.
I'm with stupid.^
post #32 of 60 (permalink) Old 09-03-2005, 12:12 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
Bush stopped the terrorist attacks on America.
Bush IS a terrorist attack on America! Does he really have to just finally shit in your cherrios for you to stop "praising" him like "Allah"?
post #33 of 60 (permalink) Old 09-03-2005, 12:17 AM
Lifer

W

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #34 of 60 (permalink) Old 09-03-2005, 02:34 AM
Lifer

Quote:

First ABC/Gallop polls are done with a small % of the population. They don't hold much value but it does not suprise me that his approval is declining.

As far as Bush. Whats went on during his presidency? Lets see- 9/11 and now the total destruction on NO for two. Not to mention the Clinton reign pulled the country into a recession which Bush was left to dig us out of. Add the war in Iraq which people seem to have lost faith in. If anyone says Iraq was not a threat can move there. Their leader was a tyrant and supported terrorist activity. They breed terrorists that come to our country, hijack planes, and run them in to buildings killing 3000+ American people. But Anti-Bush people believe that our military forces, the ones who enlisted to protect or freedoms, should pack up and leave. However w/o our military the same tyrant forces will only grow stronger leaving us more prone to future terrorist activity and attacks.

It does not matter what he does. People are easily influenced and not loyal to anything anymore. They are so ignorant they think our president is out to hurt the citizens and our country. If he granted each person their biggest wish in life, there would still be bitching. For the people who want tlo criticize, get off you ass and do something; preferably move to Canada. Our country is stil the greatest there is and millions would love to take our spot. What happend to Nationalism?

93 Coupe MM&FF "The Real Turbo Coupe"
2005 C6 Corvette
2008 Wakesetter LSV
2001 Ford F250 CC 4x4 w/ 2005 Conversion, 6" Icon Spring Lift , 20" XD diesel wheels sitting on 37 in Toyo's, Tony Wildman 6 Position Tuner, 4 inch exhaust, wicked wheel -just your average toy hauler.
post #35 of 60 (permalink) Old 09-03-2005, 08:59 AM
Boost is Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt
Bush IS a terrorist attack on America! Does he really have to just finally shit in your cherrios for you to stop "praising" him like "Allah"?
oh boy, Michael Moore is back on the board
post #36 of 60 (permalink) Old 09-04-2005, 04:24 AM

its funny that you say our country is the best in the world, because when I saw the pictures from New Orleans it looked like a third world country and that was four days after the hurricane. If we are such a kick ass country, why cant we help these poor people. Is a hurricane classified as homeland security or is that just for terrorists. Thousands died for no reason. Hmmm...sounds a lot like 9/11. If you ask me, bush has lots of questions to answer.
post #37 of 60 (permalink) Old 09-04-2005, 05:24 AM
Wolverines!!!

Quote:
Thousands died for no reason. Hmmm...sounds a lot like 9/11. If you ask me, bush has lots of questions to answer.
Oh wow you are a fucking retard. Thousands died for many reasons: poor engineering in the development in the city, horrible poverty/stuborn people that didn't want to leave. It's called a natural disaster... in the last 50 years natural disasters have cost well over a hundred billion dollars. There is no fucking superman to go clean up New Orleans in one week. The attention span of Americans these days is fucking amazing. Just wait until another large earthquake hits california agian, it'll look like a 3rd world country while everything is being repaired and rebuilt. You are an ignorant little bastard that can't come up with anything better to do than complain. If you don't like whats being done, then come up with a logical solution. But then agian your attention will be on something else by that point, like how bad you're being screwed out of financial assitance in college becuase the worlds not fair. You people that do nothing but piss and moan don't know how to take any action.
post #38 of 60 (permalink) Old 09-04-2005, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowLX
Oh wow you are a fucking retard. Thousands died for many reasons: poor engineering in the development in the city, horrible poverty/stuborn people that didn't want to leave. It's called a natural disaster... in the last 50 years natural disasters have cost well over a hundred billion dollars. There is no fucking superman to go clean up New Orleans in one week. The attention span of Americans these days is fucking amazing. Just wait until another large earthquake hits california agian, it'll look like a 3rd world country while everything is being repaired and rebuilt. You are an ignorant little bastard that can't come up with anything better to do than complain. If you don't like whats being done, then come up with a logical solution. But then agian your attention will be on something else by that point, like how bad you're being screwed out of financial assitance in college becuase the worlds not fair. You people that do nothing but piss and moan don't know how to take any action.
of course peple are going to die in a hurricance but that usually happens during it and not four days later. That is the point I am trying to make, and please take that stick out of your ass before your next post.
post #39 of 60 (permalink) Old 09-04-2005, 06:18 AM
Which one's the clutch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyk10971
its funny that you say our country is the best in the world, because when I saw the pictures from New Orleans it looked like a third world country and that was four days after the hurricane. If we are such a kick ass country, why cant we help these poor people. Is a hurricane classified as homeland security or is that just for terrorists. Thousands died for no reason. Hmmm...sounds a lot like 9/11. If you ask me, bush has lots of questions to answer.

Lol what questions does bush need to answer? it was a hurricane. the place is under 9 feet of water, its hard to get in there and help people out.

All you people that think one man (bush) has the power to change gas prices, or clean up a hurricane, are fucking tools.

"If we are such a kick ass country, why cant we help these poor people." Because people like you sit behind a computer and complain about other's efforts instead of getting off your ass and helping.

I dont think I have seen so much ignorance in all my life.

I for one say you should get the hell out of this country if you dont think its so great.

1988 Buick lasabre-sold
2005 Honda accord-daily.
post #40 of 60 (permalink) Old 09-04-2005, 06:23 AM
Wolverines!!!

Quote:
of course peple are going to die in a hurricance but that usually happens during it and not four days later. That is the point I am trying to make, and please take that stick out of your ass before your next post.
No plenty of people die for many reasons after a hurricane. We as a country just have not had a hurricane or tidal wave that has cut off people from the rest of the world. It's harder for evacuation and rescue to get to you when the entire city is underwater. So please do some sort of research before you post your ignorant bull shit here.
post #41 of 60 (permalink) Old 09-04-2005, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craizie
Lol what questions does bush need to answer? it was a hurricane. the place is under 9 feet of water, its hard to get in there and help people out.

All you people that think one man (bush) has the power to change gas prices, or clean up a hurricane, are fucking tools.

"If we are such a kick ass country, why cant we help these poor people." Because people like you sit behind a computer and complain about other's efforts instead of getting off your ass and helping.

I dont think I have seen so much ignorance in all my life.

I for one say you should get the hell out of this country if you dont think its so great.
Can you give me one good reason why people were dying four days after the hurricane hit. And this time give me a response withut you telling me to leave the country, because Amterdam is looking better everyday.
post #42 of 60 (permalink) Old 09-04-2005, 06:41 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Can you give me one good reason why people were dying four days after the hurricane hit. And this time give me a response withut you telling me to leave the country, because Amterdam is looking better everyday.
A lot of the dying people I've heard about were old people that were close to death anyway and sick people that needed stuff like insulin for diabetes, oxygen for cancer, etc. Thousands die everyday from stuff like that. Especially in a city of 500,000.
post #43 of 60 (permalink) Old 09-04-2005, 06:43 AM
Wolverines!!!

How about lack of food, lack of or needed medical care. That'd be a good reason ppl would die 4 days after a hurricane. Or even better a gunshot wound would do the trick, or perhaps just a good ole drowning case seeing as the city is UNDERWATER
Quote:
post #44 of 60 (permalink) Old 09-04-2005, 06:48 AM

So none of theses things were thought of before katrina swept over New Oreleans. Lack of supplies should've been the last thing on the minds of the people left behind. Supplies could of been dropped in at anytime the storm let up. If all those people would have had these things so much shit wouldn't have happened.
post #45 of 60 (permalink) Old 09-04-2005, 06:48 AM
NOT the Oldest Fart HERE

retards with guns

Quote:
Were shooting at relief workers and policemen, that REALLY slows up relief efforts.
The officials in Louisiana were incharge of the Louisiana national guard and didn't call them up before the storm hit. People are starving inside their flooded homes after 5 days with children and still won't leave when the boats ask them to. Some people may be too stupid to survive this by not leaving. About every home where people are being rescued has a sat dish and a flooded car in front of the house. they weren't too poor to leave, just too hard headed.
Maybe this is evolution at work.
post #46 of 60 (permalink) Old 09-04-2005, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyro
Were shooting at relief workers and policemen, that REALLY slows up relief efforts.
The officials in Louisiana were incharge of the Louisiana national guard and didn't call them up before the storm hit. People are starving inside their flooded homes after 5 days with children and still won't leave when the boats ask them to. Some people may be too stupid to survive this by not leaving. About every home where people are being rescued has a sat dish and a flooded car in front of the house. they weren't too poor to leave, just too hard headed.
Maybe this is evolution at work.
Do you think if supplies were immediatley taken care of and that releif efforts were in full force after the hurricane hit, the events that you see today would not be happenning?
post #47 of 60 (permalink) Old 09-04-2005, 07:01 AM
NOT the Oldest Fart HERE

the city wasn't flooded

Quote:
Do you think if supplies were immediatley taken care of and that releif efforts were in full force after the hurricane hit, the events that you see today would not be happenning?
after the hurricane hit, the flood was after they thought it was over.
post #48 of 60 (permalink) Old 09-04-2005, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowLX
No plenty of people die for many reasons after a hurricane. We as a country just have not had a hurricane or tidal wave that has cut off people from the rest of the world. It's harder for evacuation and rescue to get to you when the entire city is underwater. So please do some sort of research before you post your ignorant bull shit here.
Everybody has known for years that if a big enough hurrincane hit New Orleans, the shit would hit the fan. We knew what was going to happen to NO when the storm became stronger before it hit. So saying that a hurricane has never done this before is not an excuse, because we knew it was already going to happen, that's why you plan ahead.
post #49 of 60 (permalink) Old 09-04-2005, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyro
after the hurricane hit, the flood was after they thought it was over.
So are you saying that nothing could have been done with supplies after everything calmed down?
post #50 of 60 (permalink) Old 09-04-2005, 07:12 AM
Wolverines!!!

Quote:
Everybody has known for years that if a big enough hurrincane hit New Orleans, the shit would hit the fan. We knew what was going to happen to NO when the storm became stronger before it hit. So saying that a hurricane has never done this before is not an excuse, because we knew it was already going to happen, that's why you plan ahead.
I am sorry I did not look over my post it should have read
Quote:
We as a country just have not had a hurricane or tidal wave that has cut off people from the rest of the world in a very long time.
That being said you're right everyone has known NO was timebomb. However all these things you are trying to pin on Bush are failures of the LA govt. and NO govt. So once agian do some fucking research before you go pointing your finger and spewing out ignorant bull shit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement